Older and Wiser (Rejoining)
# Character Name: Delwyn Zazkex
# Character Birthdate (including year): December 7th, 2009
# Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Luperci Ortus
# Species: Wolf
# Gender: Male
# A secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M): Capricious150 on AIM, ordigtroll@yahoo.com E-mail
# Currently played characters: Just Delwyn
# How you found 'Souls: Not required for returning or current members

[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... ntable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

OOC: Sorry about my time away all. It all started with server issues during the summer months because of the router I have at home, but things snowballed. After a while I largely forgot about my character here. Now I want to make amends, so I'm back and I look forward to rping with y'all

Standing in his Secui form atop the very waterfall he'd fallen down months and months ago, Delwyn took a deep breath, the stinging winter air rushing into his lungs. Those who'd known him before the fateful day he left would scarcely recognize him now. Where before he was a wide-eyed, energetic pup, now he stood with the body of a warrior. He had grown into a barrel-chested adult, with jaws as strong as a steel trap. His flawless white fur was marred only by the dark patch around his left eye, and a long, jagged scar running from his jaw to his left foreleg.

He had left without saying a word, nearly seven months ago. Still a pup, before even his first time shifting into his other forms, this should have been a death sentence. And yet he endured. The pup was fast and strong for his age, and countless rodents and fowl found themselves as a meal to the traveling creature. There came times when want for food or shelter nearly claimed the child, but he strove ever onward, learning to adapt and survive.

This day his eyes held less of the youthful innocence they'd had. Haggard and tired, he looks years older than his newly matured body should look. Looking about himself at the edge of Phoenix Valley, he tilted his head upward, and for the first time in his life, let out a baleful howl of such volume that the birds above him flew away for fear of the beast below.

[/html]
[html]

ooc: yay! did you get the PM I sent you? it has new graphics :3 also, I know there was some confusion about whether Del was to be an NPC or to leave altogether while you were gone, but I don't think it will affect too much if he was gone until now.

Despite having returned to Phoenix Valley safe and sound, there was still the one thing that bothered Xeris, and that had been the continued absence of her firstborn son. Of course, this had hardly been the first thing on the white wolfess' mind when she came back, now that she had seen the horrors of war and death. Again, she was wandering; this time she had planned to go hunting. But something stopped her in her tracks as she made her way through the cold, quiet forest. She heard a howl, apparently somewhat close by. And it sounded...almost familiar.

Picking up her pace, Xeris changed direction and ran toward the source of the call. Sure enough, there atop the waterfall stood her missing son, alive and unharmed. Xeris suddenly let out a choked sob as she quickly scaled the rocks to get closer to him. "Delwyn!" she cried, approaching her son and leaning forward to rub her forehead against his in a motherly gesture. "Oh Delwyn," Xeris said, her golden eyes now scanning over the boy's body to make sure that he was not injured. He had learned how to shift, that was for sure. "I'm so glad you're safe. So much has happened...I'm so glad to see you."

<style type="text/css">
.xercount b {font-weight:bold; color:#292929; letter-spacing:1px; }
.xercount .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.xercount p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.xercount {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#CECECE; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/j964xs.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 205px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#696969; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... ntable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

OOC: Short post is short! Sorry, but I'm just getting the conversation flowing for us to begin

Delwyn watched warmly as his mother approached. As she looked him over, he felt for the first time self conscious about the angry, red scar that now adorned his chest. He had grown alien to shows of affection, and stood stoically still has his mother nuzzled against him. However, his mouth opening into what was unmistakeably a grin, he exclaimed happily,

"It is good to see you mother. Much has happened to me as well. I hope I didn't worry you overmuch with my absence." His mode of speech was very formal, and had deepened into a mellow baritone with maturity. "Are my siblings well? And how fares father?

[/html]
[html]

It was so good to hear her son's voice again--even if that voice had changed somewhat with time. Her son was grown now, like Carwyn and Xion. She smiled at him tenderly, fighting back the joyful tears that were beginning to form in her eyes. He asked how the family had been. Xeris hesitated for a moment before responding. "Your father and your brother are well," she began, "Although I am afraid that I don't know the whereabouts of your sister." She paused again. "Xion and I...we left a little over a month ago, to visit my homeland, as my father had apparently called for me. But it was a trap. When I arrived in the land of my birth, I found it in the middle of a war. My former clan is dead. I sent Xion back toward Phoenix Valley, but I am afraid she has not yet returned." Her voice was breaking. "But if you were able to survive out there for so long," she said, her eyes now meeting his, "I'm sure she will be all right."

Xeris, at first, hadn't noticed the scar that blazed across her son's chest, but her golden eyes fell upon it and she let out a very quiet gasp. "What happened to you?" she asked, her eyes flickering from the scar to her son's face and back. Something about him didn't seem quite right; perhaps it was just because he was older and more mature, but Delwyn seemed to be lacking his usual energy. Of course, Xeris herself had been in a similar state ever since returning to the Valley; this was the most emotion she had shown since. But to think that something could have happened to her son to change him like she had been changed made her heart ache with worry.

<style type="text/css">
.xercount .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.xercount {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#CECECE; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/j964xs.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 205px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#696969; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]

Delwyn's eyes turned upwards as his gaze grew distant. "I traveled far during my absence. Learned many things. For a time I was part of a pack. We moved like nomads, hunting and staying wherever we were welcome and we could eat. As an outsider among outsiders, I was never truly 'one of them'. However I grew close to a female. A wolf named "Dee'ala". She was mate to the pack leader, and we were only friends. It's all either of us wanted.

"The pack leader, however, was cold and jealous. He saw my overtures as ...advances. He challenged me in honorable combat. I am strong, mother, but he had great experience in battle. He tore my chest open like I was a mere squirrel. In desperate need, I shifted to this form" he said, referring to his Secui shape, "And with my strength, bested him in combat. I... I killed him, mother. I killed him in cold blood. He wasn't even Luperci."

Breathing in deeply, Delwyn shook as the memory brought adrenaline surging through his body, "By rights, the pack was mine to lead. But I saw how they looked at me. I was... I'm a monster. I left them behind me. Now I want nothing more than to earn my place among the pack I was born into." He stood coldly. His voice lacked emotion as he told his tale, something he'd noticed in his mother as well.

And then, he smiled again. Sounding cheerful as though nothing had happened, he said in a bright voice, "I am overjoyed to see you again, mother!"

[/html]
[html]

ooc: short post is short. want to edit the title and put leader needed in it?

Xeris grew quiet as she listened to her son tell his tale. She tried her best to keep her face straight and calm, but on the inside her heart was breaking. It seemed impossible that her son, her little Delwyn, could have gone through that much. She moved closer to him comfortingly, offering her motherly presence as his story grew darker. It was difficult for her to believe that Delwyn had killed someone. But then, hadn't he always dreamed of becoming a warrior?

"That is in the past now," she told him softly. "There is nothing more you can do." It was the only thing she could think of to say, but it was the truth. "It will be good to have you back." He suddenly changed his mood entirely, grinning at her, and she smiled back. "It's good to see you, too, my son. I'm sure the others will be happy to see you as well."

<style type="text/css">
</style>

[/html]
No need. ;p

[html]

The scattering of birds caught his interest before the baleful howl did. Standing over the not-quite-frozen southern Mirror Lake, the Patriarch's tattered ears leapt to attention and his eye shot to the barren canopies, the echo ringing desolately in the air as dark silhouettes dispersed from their lofts and vanished into the distance, murmuring and chattering amongst themselves. He watched them disappear, silent all the while, and turned on his heel. Back to business, then.

Of course he recognized the sound, but the brute was hardly sure why. Its tone was familiar, and with the number of lost Valley members suddenly returning to him and their home as of late, Jefferson hardly believed this call could be anything else. The magic had drifted away, however; though he was silently grateful and relieved to have lost members like Rendall and Xeris suddenly make a reappearance, the initial excitement had started to wear thin. It was a lot of work for a man whose scars burned coldest in the snow.

He came upon them two-legged and made an obvious, though unintentional, double take at the boy at his borders. "Delwyn," he said, a startled loftiness in both his tone and raised brow. "You've, ah, grown." Quite a bit, in fact. "What are you doing here?"

[/html]
[html]

OOC: Sorry about the delay guys, school schooled me yesterday, and I had noooo energy Sad

Delwyn nodded at his mother's words of comfort. At some time soon, he would ask her of her journey as well. Her portends of the sufferings she and his sister had endured. But now was not the time. Instead, he nuzzled against her as best he could, his ability to show affection dampened by his time away from friends and family, but instinct driving him to display his love none-the-less. Then he saw Jefferson.

Delwyn had only seen Jefferson a scant few times during his youth before leaving, but he could recognize the scarred leader without any hesitation. Of all the wolves he'd met in his life, Jefferson was the only one who managed to frighten him by appearance alone. The air of rank and dignity in Jefferson's tone put him ill at ease. He became suddenly aware that he was still in his Secui form, and apologized,

"Patriarch, please forgive me my form. Had I known you would arrive to soon, I would have shifted Lupus. I mean you know disrespect." Prostrating himself before the elder male, his eyes low in a show of submission, he continued "I have journeyed throughout his land for seven cycles of the moon, learning much about the nature of life both within and without a pack. With utmost respect, I now ask your permission to return to Phoenix Valley, and take my place among my fellows within. I am prepared to take upon myself any task you might demand to show you my support and utility."

He paused to take a breath, the gushing of the waterfall, which had seemed so much larger and imposing when he was a pup, filling the air. He then continued to speak: "I offer you my skills as a hunter, explorer, and if needs arise, a warrior. I have found that I am larger and stronger than many wolves of my age, and have... some experience in combat." He silenced himself, looking at his mother for approval, hopeful that he'd acted appropriately.

[/html]
[html]

Xeris closed her eyes as she stood by her son, feeling a sort of comfort from his presence. The moment was interrupted, however, by the sudden appearance of Jefferson. Xeris gave him a nod of acknowledgment and respect. The Patriarch addressed Delwyn, and Xeris stepped a couple paces away to allow her son to speak to the leader directly, listening as he spoke.

She was surprised by her son's formal and polite speech; not that she had expected him to grow up to be impolite, but he had never acted this way when he was younger. He had obviously learned a thing or two while he was away. She knew that Jefferson was not one to care particularly about shows of extreme respect, but was still proud of her son for acting so maturely. When Delwyn finished speaking, he turned back to his mother, and she gave him a small nod encouragingly. Surely Jefferson would accept the boy back into Phoenix Valley. She hoped so, for both her son's sake and her own.

<style type="text/css">
</style>

[/html]
Oops, sorry! Forgot it was my turn. @_@ Jefferson's out, but I'll leave this open in case you two want to play more in it. Big Grin

[html]

Delwyn was especially gaudy in his signs of respect—stiflingly so, in fact, to the point that the Patriarch's scars twisted and deepened into a rather disgusted scowl. When had the child grown into such a... gentleman? No, not a gentleman, the brute realized. The boy didn't even strike him as that. On and on he babbled, and amidst it Jefferson snorted and glanced elsewhere, disinterested. Fuck, it wasn't like he was king of the world.

Green eye slid to Xeris, who beamed with pride for her child. A family of sentimental loonies, for sure. "All right, shut up," he barked rather quickly, cutting the boy off as soon as he got the opportunity. "Enough of that happy horseshit. Save that for your parents, I don't want to hear it." He snorted again, ear twitching irritably. "You're an adult now. If you're going to stay, you're going to work for your place. Keep that in mind, Loas."

He turned rather quickly and started away, eager to return to the warmth of the ranch house and escape that sentimental, far-too-polite talk. He paused, just briefly—"And you'll call me Jefferson, not Patriarch. Got it?"—and with that, he left as quickly as he came.

[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Congratulations! You've been accepted into the craziest bunch of roleplayers on the vast Internet! Please remember to make your first In Character post within five days.

Not sure where or how to start roleplaying? You can check the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for a list of open threads, as well as tons of people looking to plot out adventures with your new character! You can also start your own thread and see what kinds of interesting characters turn up for you. If you haven't already, please update your profile with detailed information on your character -- it'll help others get a feel for him/her, which in turn will help generate thread ideas.

You can also start doing other cool things like:

• Earning Word of the Day points, which can get you custom titles and even icons!
  • Fulling requirements for the Catacombs, our IC and OOC achievement system.
  • Participate in general chats and discussions in OOC Garbage.

You can find general roleplay help and guidelines, as well as a wealth of information on our werewolves and the 'Soulsverse on the RP Guide. Don't feel pressured to read it all at once though! The guide is a huge resource and is meant to be used as a reference for various aspects of the game. If you're feeling lost or confused, don't hesitate to post a question in Roleplay Aides, or to seek out a Mentor.

[html]

Delwyn was stunned. Being polite had been one of the few things that had reliably prevented others from being angered by him in the past. He had never spoken to Jefferson before, so he had had no way to anticipate such a harsh response. Slowly shock turned to embarrassment, and then settled into a low, seething anger.

"He... he didn't have to be so rude about it. Fine. Whatever." Delwyn turned back to his mother, a new mettle in his eyes. "I don't much feel like beating around the bush, mother. I need to find out what is needed to be done, so I can do it. I'd also like to meet other, one would hope friendlier, pack members. I'd like to see father again, and finally I'll need somewhere to stay warm during the winter months." Delwyn glowered into the distance that Jefferson had left towards. In the future, he would show a bit more back-bone to the old gimp.

"If you care to help me with any of that, I'd be happy for it, but you don't need to. I can take care of myself."

[/html]
[html]

slow silver is slow, sorry. <_<

As Xeris had begun to fear, Jefferson took her son's overwhelming display of respect rather harshly. It had always struck her as odd that the leader had disliked being addressed officially, but she supposed it was also nice in a way; relations between the Patriarch and the pack members were not so terribly stiff and formal--at least not usually. Nonetheless, the scarred wolf had accepted Delwyn back into the pack, and for this Xeris was happy. She gave him a sympathetic smile.

"He's never taken well to formality," she told her son. "I don't think he's very fond of the cold either. But that's not important now. What's important is that you're home." The white wolfess was rather surprised at Delwyn's mention of finding a place to live. "You know you are welcome to stay with your father and Carwyn and I, in our old cabin. It may be a little cramped, but it is always open to you." She paused for a moment, thinking in silence. "However, if you would like to find somewhere else, I will do what I can to help you."

<style type="text/css">
</style>

[/html]