Question about NPCs.
If I want my character to get a companion, probably a rat, do I have to do anything before I start including the NPC in posts?

Also, would Voron be able to talk to her rat-friend at all or would it be more like a pet than a friend?
Nope, you don't really need to do a whole lot on your part. It's helpful to include a blurb about your NPC on your character's profile though! This is mostly for other folks who are curious about your rat. You can make a new field in your profile for the NPC if you'd like! Here's how!

And Voron could speak to the rat if she understands low-speech. We generally divide animals into large carnivores, who speak high-speech, and small carnivores and herbivores who speak low-speech. Unless Voron has had training in how to speak low-speech, they wouldn't be able to interact via speech. There are a few characters on the board who know a bit of low-speech, Tayui included, so if you wanted to have Voron learn how to speak it, you could request a thread in the thread request forum! Someone might be interested and reply. ^^

If you'd like to know more about either topic, we have information on the RP Guide. Big Grin
Ok thanks. Smile