There's dog crap on my shoe! >:[
OOC: WC: 824 - 5 points

I’ve had a dream for three nights now. A child sits drawing in the dirt with his hands. In his lap lies a small pile of human fingers, bent and gray like chickens’ feet. He is humming an unrecognizable tune, but the rhythm and pace suggest he’s engineered the rhyme himself. He hasn’t noticed me, and for several minutes, I watch him while hidden amongst the insects and shadows. His eyes are wide with the wonder he creates upon the mud and his cheerful humming is broken regularly by the high hiss of laughter. Eventually, I approach him, and he looks up at me with the fixed curiosity of childhood. He smiles. His teeth are yellowed and uneven. With a sort of ticking akin to a wind-up toy his head turns unnaturally to the side and pauses once perpendicular to the ground. The grin which had adorned his face in mirth now splits wide and cuts his head into two equal halves. As I recoil and clutch my breast to still the thrashing of an unnerved organ, his tongue laps out, hanging to his throat. I now notice that his cheeks have been slit from ear to ear, although he feels no pain nor seems bothered by this deformity. He slowly rises to stand on legs which quake from dis-attention and are thin and shriveled like an apple turned sour. The fingers spill from his lap, rolling to the ground where they seem nothing but a sea of gray-studded worms. My breath falls quick within my chest and with both hands I clutch myself, jaw falling open in a voiceless cry. On uneasy, newborn steps, he limps towards me.

“Come, come, Lass of Lynn…Tell me, tell me, where you’ve been…”

When I finally wake, I feel unpleasant.

The stillness which befell Ykesha’s face felt heavy like rotted breath. Her bright eyes turned skyward then pressed closed in an attempt to separate the foul air from herself. The woman walked with unsure movements; the haste and firmness which usually guided each stride had fled at the smell of the decaying city. As she surveyed it, Ykesha felt ill and in turn each brindled ear flicked back with worry. The high crumbling walls of the cityscape seemed so blistered. She half expected to see the buildings weep blackened puss and ooze towards the ground like liquidized flesh. As the small fae walked deeper into this urban netherworld she clutched her arms about her ribs. The steel giants seemed to react to this in kind. Light no longer graced Ykesha’s eyelashes when she flicked them towards the sky. Each iron-kissed urban tower had removed the sun from view, so that despite the early hour Ykesha found herself treading through darkness. Her teeth slapped against each other not just from the cold, but from nervousness as well. She was sure this city would loom lower and lick her from the streets with a dry, scaly tongue. The brindle closed her eyes tightly and shook her young face. The hair which trailed to her back lightly slapped across her shoulders in reassurance.

“You’re only here for a blanket,” she reminded herself. “Keep you head, Ykesha. You’re acting like a pup.”

Her vocal assurance did not quell the bubbling anxiety she felt within her gut. There resided something which made the fae’s lip curl back in an unflattering display of morbidity. The hackles across her neck rose, pushing the blanket of white hair aloft like a timorous growth. Ykesha’s feral appearance was so unlike her, and in her moment of weakness she was glad no one had seen her calmness displaced so. A quick snarl coughed from her throat as she attempted to adjust herself Idiot, she thought, you’re being completely foolish. She understood this in mind, but her body still refused to heel to reason. Ykesha shook her head again and when she opened her pupil-less eyes once more they held an heir of determination. Blanket. That’s all she was here for. Her steps now where still timid as though several snakes had bitten into her heel, slowing her movement and causing her to limp, yet the stared around her with more purpose than before.

The streets surely would not harbor the goal she so desired. Ykesha’s wild eyes slowly surveyed the broken doors and displaced windows that lined the street. She felt her heart gallop and she swallowed, approached one, and placed both sweating palms on the frozen iron foundation beams. The inside was littered with junk: papers, broken pots, steel desks which were no longer recognizable. The light which had filtered through the broken structure only lit half of the interior space. Ykesha could see no further but her curiosity had finally outweighed her fear. The woman glanced over her shoulder, her mouth salivating in fear and desire. When no one was visible from behind, the thin lass stepped through the broken window and into the darkness.
[html]

+3 OOC: my post does not do yours justice Sad Oh and he is in Optime form <3

Niro rarely ventured out of his packlands, though lately when he did, he seemed to have interesting adventures. Today he didn’t know where he was headed, though where he ended up was not what he expected. The city he was now padding through was something of a curiousity as he limped through the dead city, his eyes scanned the enormous buildings. This was nothing new as he’d visited Maimi, the only difference was… it was colder… and a lot quieter… back in florida wolves were everywhere, and food was so scarce that they started eating whatever they could get, Niro shuddered at the thought and moved on. The quiet was so overpowering though but any sound was like a loud echoing speaker that said, “hey I’m here and I want you to come get me!” so he made no noise at all as he moved through the city limits. Marahute, who accompanied him as usual even thought it was an eerie place. She sat perched on his shoulder shifting her wings in discomfort. Niro was about to turn around and just go home, that he had no reason to be here.

He saw a flash of white before it disappeared, and he looked around, thinking it was his imagination. He decided to go after it; whatever it was must have gone into a building… Niro thought he’d explore it, his guard was already up, and he was being as quiet as he could. He was about to give up thinking it really was his imagination again when he saw something moving inside one of the buildings… he looked in and it was another wolf, his ears perked up and forgetting he was not in his own packlands he cleared his throat.

Hello I didn’t expect anyone else to be around here.

His voice seemed to boom through the empty streets, even though it had been a quiet meeting and he even scared himself. It made Marahuted flap her wings defensively as though there was something behind them, but her comfort that Niro could easily curve any harm from her was strong and she settled again. He had not seen how timid the fem was either, so once he was done he soon found his mistake…

<style type="text/css">
.eaglefish b {font-weight:bold; color:#5C430D; text-shadow: #A39069 1px 1px 1px; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.eaglefish-ooc { font-weight:bold; padding:15px; font-family:georgia; font-size:10px; color:#5C430D; text-align:right; text-shadow: #A39069 1px 1px 1px;}
.eaglefish p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.eaglefish {margin:0 auto; width:463px; background-color:#DBCDB0; background-image:url(http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/1861/coolio.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ffffff; padding: 10px 0px 280px 0px; font-family: georgia; font-size:11px; color:#000000; line-height:13px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
.eaglefish-border {width:465px; border:1px solid #5C430D; margin:0 auto; }
.eaglefish .separator{width:430px; border-bottom:1px dashed #5C430D; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
OOC: Word count 893 - 5 points

The walls of this necrosis were alive, Ykesha sore by it. She could feel bloodshot eyes turn from every direction of the darkened office building; they widened upon seeing her bright flesh, rolled with stiffened madness across red-rusted sockets. Ykesha’s skin crawled and her pupil-less gaze swam with caution against the emptiness. Her sight had not adjusted, and though her two feet stepped gingerly over fallen papers and broken glass, she knew nothing of her surroundings but the abundance of litter. Her breath was shallow, hesitant. She feared to make noise. Surely the walls would ripple from their century of slumber, reached with fingers grayed and pecked at by scavenging beaks to close scaling, blistering palms across her thin frame. The building would dismantle her. It would disjoin her. The fae’s brindled body quaked under the weight of both the cold and the unknown, and she felt small in herself--colorless in this world of black and grey. The woman’s chest compressed as her cold fingertips grazed her bare belly. She held herself, shivering and waiting in the clinging silence for her vision to return. If only she had brought a candle…

In her mind, the living building looked up at her, its eyes whirling as drool slid from its crocked mouth and pooled across the floor. The abandoned office papers became wet with saliva and stuck strangely into place.

You’re up to your toes…

The woman’s heat beat audibly within her chest, her white eyes peeled so far back they rimmed pink and shown moistly. She moved to leave, one arm departing her ribs to wave open-palmed in the air for hazards which might block her path. She was damp with worry, her bravery long departing upon seeing the graveyard of the human world, the skeletal remains of the race whom preceded her. Although only a few steps into the belly of the structure, the darkness had disoriented her. Ykesha stepped several paces one direction, paused, and moved back in the opposite way. She appeared drunk in her blindness, and so enraptured was she with the desire to flee that when another tread into the pyramid of absolute lightlessness she neither heard him approach nor smelled his telling odor. He voice, however, nearly shook her free of her skin.

‘Hello. I didn’t expect anyone else to be around here.’

Ykesha’s lungs threw open a soft cry, her body leaping forward as a spooked stag. Through her shock the colorless world burst into hues of red and cold, her sudden fright painting the building as a vile and terrible scene akin to open and weeping flesh. She fell, somehow, her awkward legs slipping from beneath her as a resounding crash eluded to the girl’s gift of stealth. The fae sat up from her spilled position across the eroding marble tiled floor, her heart pounding the roof of her mouth as she blinked wildly. The colors brought of my adrenalin soaked through her vision and the picture of dullness swam back into focus. Ykesha’s mouth was dry from the event; she forcefully peeled the raspberry of her tongue from two levels of shuttering teeth. With a dazed and surprised expression, the woman looked disconcertedly about, her chest still pushed from the floor as a log lifted on one end by a child looking ‘neath it for bugs.

Who had done that? The woman’s brindled ears flicked back in momentary worry. “Pray softer, stranger, you startled me.” Her voice was attractive - foreign - but currently held none of its usual strength nor personality. Her breath still fluttered on moth wings within her chest. The woman attempted to collect herself, drawing both long legs to her and pushing with thin arms upon the broken ground. Silently, Ykesha righted herself and sat upon her calves near where she’d fallen. With an unnerved and quivering hand she pulled her thick hair around and began to run her nails through it, managing the now disheveled ends. It was only when she performed this task, that the fae noticed her hair was streaked with red.

In the fall, Ykesha’s palm had split beneath a shard of glass. With the curiosity of a child first discovering soap bubbles the lass paused her brushing motion, drew her hand closer to her face and peeled it open. It bloomed flower-like near her face, and the smell of iron sent her nose twitching.

The woman stared at the wound briefly, noting the pace at which the red oozed from between her fingers. She balled her fist, squeezed, and found interest at the stick within pad and fur. It felt oddly like she’d wetted her hand with honey. Bright eyes blinked at the abrasion, flicked towards the dim light where the sound had emitted, and squinted in an attempt to see.

“I don’t suppose you’ve some spare cloth with you, perchance? Seems I’ve cut myself in my little display.” Her voice was calmer; it seemed she had begun to calculate rather than feel.

Ykesha wasn’t settled, however, even with the gifted luperci delivered to her. Her heart had calmed and her mind stabilized, but the hackles beneath her long hair remained erect, waving nude arms into the swallowing darkness. Whether the fae acknowledged them or not, their voices sung a choir of warning.

These walls, truly are breathing.

You’re up to your toes, little Ykesha.
[html]

+3 OOC: that shall give us a good incentive to go further into the building Big Grin

Niro could not help but feel horrible as the woman fell down in what seemed like a quick yet slow motion fall, though Niro hurried closer to her he didn’t get too close as he’d scared her, she could lash out at him in anger that he’d given her such a fright. He did see her start to look at her hand and he saw the red, in an instant he felt even worse his hand went to his belt, the only decoration on him besides his bracelet, to one of the pouches, that held gauze for such an occasion, though he thought of hunting accidents or something like that. He moved closer to her.

Here this should help, may I take your hand?

He asked holding out his own for her to place her wounded one on, he was sure she could do it herself, but one handed and being precise didn’t always go hand in hand… He hped that she would trust him enough so that he could take her hand and fix the mess he’d made.

I really didn’t mean to frighten you, I was surprised is all, is there any way I can make it up to you?

He asked, looking at the fem worried he’d hurt her and offended her. he had forgotten about Marahute who was on his shoulder, she flapped her wings, making a small sharp noise and flew off his shoulder, deeper into the building. Niro wasn’t too concerned right now but his heart leapt as the bird flew away. He wanted to go after her, but he also wanted to tend to the female. It was a hard choice but he knew his bird could take care of herself it wasn’t like there was anyone else and one that would eat raptors for lunch. At least he hoped not…

<style type="text/css">
.sleekniro b {font-weight:bold; color:#AD7E00; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.sleekniro-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:10px; color:#AD7E00; text-align:right; }
.sleekniro p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.sleekniro {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#DBBA72; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... robird.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 230px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#3C3226; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]
[html]

Word count 1040 - 10 points.

Ykesha’s mind turned slowly like a broth, thoughts bubbling up from the bottom of the cauldron to produce a reduced froth which coated the top of the watery mesh in a flavorful, promising, dish. If one had sampled this mixture which her mind had created, he would have described it as comfort food; somebody’s grandmother - obviously a gifted chef - must have spent years developing this recipe of trust and confidence. So when the fae finally set eyes on the stranger who had so spooked her, her white eyes, generally so void of emotion by their very colorless nature, were firm with acceptance and beamed like the grandmother who had crafted her thought-induced stew. The lad approached her with apology on his face and the woman’s ears in turn flicked back at her own embarrassment. She’d let herself be frightened by a child--no, she corrected herself, a man still grounded between adulthood and the innocence of youth. Ykesha forced a slim smile at him, her hand throbbing painfully under the weight of the fluid which raced from it. The blood had begun to pool delicately in her palm and as she held it up to the man’s outstretched hand she imagined the masterpieces of old portraying Eve offering a gift of red Sin to Adam. She was still curled across the floor, and he still stood feet away, yet the distance did nothing to flatten this image. If only this breathing building would roll violently into the form of a serpent, the image would be complete. Ykesha swallowed. How strange it feels to be in this place, she mused. The hair across the back of her neck had not settled, and like little lambs they alerted her to their discomfort by mewing loudly. If fur could talk rather than bristle, Ykesha’s entire body would be alive with sound.

She ignored this, focusing instead on the help offered. “That’s so kind of you,” she breathed, her voice quieted simply by the murderous presence of the darkness and the abandoned office space. “I’m so sorry to be trouble. And after just meeting you as well.” Her fingers parted so that the cut was exposed (glass still embedded, rose in color now by the tint of her blood) and the blood which she’d cupped like holy water in her hand slid down the length of her white wrist to drip silently from her elbow. The fae was inwardly disheveled by this - such filth upon her pure skin! - but kept a lucid expression as she studied the stranger’s face. He was young, but his confidence in stature suggested to her that he’d made a way for himself in life despite his youth. And his size! Ykesha was dwarfed by him. She pulled her gaze from his face, afraid her staring would cause him alarm, and instead, glanced around the hollowed skeletal remains of the urban tower. Her eyes had adjusted, and the scene which greeted them was more morbid than she’d originally pictured.

The walls were crusted in mold and decay; they looked melted, dripping, ill. Nearly every window had been knocked free of its pane and the splattered remnants of these lay like grey diamonds across the cracked marble floors. Papers littered the ground like fallen leaves, their surfaces belt and wilted under the stress of age. The pungent smell which hung thick as fog rolling over the upturned desks smelled of waste and urine. Ykesha’s nose wrinkled as she sensed it. The nauseous twist of her gut made the woman’s face pull from the dark room ahead of them and focus once more on the lad. She suddenly tucked her nose in as she’d recalled her rarely-practiced manners. Her lips parted as she eyed him appreciatively.

“I’m Ykesha, by the way. Thanks for--”

This was interrupted by a startling display from the stranger’s shoulders. Ykesha pulled her hand closer to her in sudden discomfort as a winged creature took flight like a fawn dashing from the sudden flare of headlights. She watched it with a bemused expression, her face following the beautiful animal until it disappeared from sight into the bowels of the building.

She could nearly hear the belly of the beast turn and growl with hunger at the sight of the approaching meal. Ykesha feared the walls themselves would come alive and bite into the bird’s proud breast. She was concerned, but felt little desire to chase the thing down--

--unless it was this stranger’s companion.

Ykesha’s expression hardened slightly, a firmness overtaking her usually gentle features so that she looked disgruntled and feral. He had offered to help her. She turned her face back towards him. “That wasn’t you bird, was it?” She dearly hoped it had simply followed him in, perhaps as curious about this space as he seemed to be. Ykesha’s curiosity, however, had long been slaked. She felt no desire to venture further into the throat of the monster who had already gripped her with solid teeth.

You’re up to you ankles, little Ykesha. Tread with caution, oh weary-white Lass.

Somewhere between the folds of upturned cubicles, the fabric of a lone creature’s universe had been disheveled. The brute, massive in size and oozing with unkempt breath, shifted slightly, disturbed from the overwhelming darkness by something that swam through the air like a fish through water. It sensed the smells had shifted; something pulled from the lower floors a scent which was not his own. The unclean beast rolled one yellow eye from his skull, its orange tint focusing in the lightlessness he’d become accustomed to. With groans of protest, the beast’s jaws parted stiffly, waves of rancid stench falling from his disgruntled jaws as saliva dripped from infected gums and pooled across his broad chest. He shifted from his sleeping position, ears flicking forward to better hear who had come into his vicinity. Playmates? Yes, surely. The monstrous pounds of muscle and bulk sat up, nose pointed to the air in thought. “How interesting,” his slimy voice cracked from disuse. “It appears I have some guests to entertain.” The man’s smile spread wide across his face. It was lopsided and unnatural.

Several floors below, Ykesha shivered from a sudden draft of cold.

<style type="text/css">
.YkeshaRhoni3 b {font-weight:bold; color:#070606; letter-spacing:1px; }
.YkeshaRhoni3 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.YkeshaRhoni3 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.YkeshaRhoni3 {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#ffffff; background-image:url(http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a72/Oa ... -TABLE.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #070606; padding: 380px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#070606; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.nirotiger b {font-weight:bold; color:#dba336; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.nirotiger p {text-indent:25px;padding:5px 10px;margin:0px;}
.nirotiger {width:425px;border:1px solid #dba336;background-image:url(http://i47.tinypic.com/f9mra1.png);background-position:bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:290px;background-color:#a44903;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;line-height:12px;color:#c1a87d;}
</style>

+3 OOC: Lol my posts are all dwarfed by yours XD and it is too bad that she didn't meet Shaw, he's even bigger than Niro. lol

When it seemed he had gotten permission to help her he ripped up a small piece of gauze first, then moved closer so that he can look at the damage. He could see easily where the cut was, as the piece of glass, now crimson with blood was sticking out. Gingerly he used his claws to pull the glass out so that it wouldn’t hurt her anymore, putting it on the ground next to him, he put the small bit of gauze on her hand to soak up what blood had pooled in it. And put a little pressure on her wound.

It doesn’t seem too deep hopefully you won’t need any stitching,

He said quietly, trying to work as fast as he could so that he could get his bird back from the depths of the building. He pulled the red soaked gauze, and ripped another small piece, this time letting it set on her hand as he now wound the rest around her hand, he didn’t use all of what he had but enough to keep her hand secured and from bleeding. He didn’t bother cleaning the blood from her arm, though he felt bad he didn’t but he was sure that it wouldn’t kill her, just be rather uncomfortable as it dried.

My name is Niro Takekuro, and yes… that was my bird, I am going to need to retrieve her, hopefully she didn’t go too far.

He stood full height again, and moved to the open door the bird had gone through, his limp more noticeable now that he’d had to lean on it as he wrapped the woman’s wounds.

If you wish to keep me company I’d appreciate that, though I will not hate you if you don’t want to.

Niro said, his eyes were looking in through the room, it was huge and there were only a few windows letting in the light that hadn’t been blocked or covered, leaving him little room to really see. He had to think about what to do about the light… as he thought that the thoughts of what this place really was had come to his mind but he understood it no more standing here than he did when he went in to help the young white wolf.

[/html]
[html]

OOC: Not my best. :/ Sorry about the wait as well! Word count 1008 - 10 points

The beast had long since been filled with a sense of rot. His skin was tough and chapped. His nails had become brittle and dull with the senseless hours of toil upon unyielding walls. The man’s breath had long fallen ill, the scent of plague thick and heavy when he moved his tongue. When he urinated the pool of yellowed filth fell not upon an empty space of ground but upon his own thigh; he no longer cared to keep himself clean for he’d long been void of visitors who sought his company. It wasn’t his hygiene that had cause him his exile, however. It was his size.

The brute was unnatural. His shoulder covered twice the distance of a normal man’s, his girth measuring thrice that. He bulked around the midriff, his weight only akin to those afflicted with numerous tumors. Indeed, when the brute was a child, those nearest him thought him under the influence of foul spirits, his giant size a clue as to his abnormal temper. Of course the monster’s abnormalities only added to the conspiration towards him; during his years of youth, two children awoke dead in their beds, both victims of something which slashed and chomped with carnivorous teeth yet had the reserves to avoid the most tasteless organs and the sinew of underdeveloped muscle. Whatever had devoured the children in those early years had fostered into something far more monstrous; no longer did the beast solely focus on those who had mentally injured him, but he targeted all who had disturbed the still pond of his thought. So when the eagle flew into the demon’s lair, its wings parting the stale wind like a knife through stale bread, the beast’s eyes rolled with a particular distaste and desire. Nothing had entertained his disillusioned mind for years. Was it hunting season already?

“Then let the season begin.” The words dripped like tar from blackened teeth. He straightened and his spine cracked innumerable times from disuse. As the monster’s crusted eyes swam through the dark mist a lopsided grin raped his face frontal. How dear this would be. He’d grown rather lonesome.

Ykesha’s head was filled with restlessness. Her thoughts were like squirrels, each climbing up the walls of her mind with small, sharp hands. She was unable to quiet these wild rodents with words nor pleas, and felt their agitated haste tear small holes in the fabric of her conscience. The girl winced, not from the removal of the glass within her paw but from the clarity her mind lacked. She felt frustrated. Her eyes had become glassy, overworked by the muse which traveled as a mist behind them. So entranced had the hybrid become that when the man’s assessment of her palm had been completed she hardly gave note.

‘It doesn’t seem too deep hopefully; you won’t need any stitching.’ Her white eyes flicked up to meet his face, their hue becoming solid as it focused in on his features. She blinked with emptiness at him, her mind still wandering as a child bemused by insects. “Oh, that’s good to hear,” she said in a distant voice. The pain was dull against the pillow of bandages, and when the woman flexed her fingers she felt little more than pressure and the pulsing of her slowed blood. She gently took her hand away from his and cradled it close to her breast, eyes still latched onto his young face. “Niro, I cannot thank you enough. You’re so kind to have gone to the trouble.” Her hand still pressed to her, Ykesha moved to stand, pushing herself from the floor with her uninjured hand. Her slender figure stood out against the clinging darkness, the alabaster shining bright despite contact from the sun. She turned slowly, face bent in the direction the hawk had disappeared to. The fae felt her insides twist in distaste. The interior of the building was dense and lightless; Ykesha could hardly see beyond the room of overturned desks they currently stood in. Her abdomen tight in apprehension, the woman turned back to her companion.

“If you’re going further in, I’ll gladly follow.” Her lie was obvious. There was little joy in her voice. “But I wouldn’t like to go without a light source.” The white lass stepped gingerly about the shattered glass as she spoke, her injured hand still sheltered beneath her bosom. The spilled desks and upturned chairs were only the highlight of the room; surely beneath this initial mess the pair could find something to fashion as a torch? Ykesha’s thin body hobbled closer to the wreckage, eyes searching for something which would offer them aid. “How far do you think your bird has gone?” she questioned as she advanced to the nearest cabinet which lay broken and open across the tile. Its contents were spilled like vomit from its gaping mouth, and Ykesha’s eyes filed through them to no avail. Her sight traveled from molded documents to broken pencils. A picture frame of a young human woman lay not far from her. She was laughing and the sunlight shone like fire against her electric red hair. Ykesha stared at it while she spoke. “If we waste time searching through this mess she’ll become more lost, but I don’t see much hope without a torch.” Her insides were heavy with worry so that she felt hot despite the December chill. She glanced back at Niro, face written in apology. From the woman’s mouth rose columns of vaporize breath, turned as white as herself from the cold. She appeared to be surrounded by spirits who drifted in lazy circles upon lazy legs. The vapors around her head swam slowly as she filtered through the junk at her feet, bending down to better let her good hand explore the findings. She felt uneasy, venturing into the Lion’s mouth armed with nothing but her bravery, but was compelled to help the man who had first helped her.

Ykesha swallowed as she continued to search.

You’re up to you waist...

<style type="text/css">
.YkeshaRhoni3 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.YkeshaRhoni3 {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#ffffff; background-image:url(http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a72/Oa ... -TABLE.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #070606; padding: 380px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#070606; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.nirotiger {width:425px;border:1px solid #dba336;background-image:url(http://i47.tinypic.com/f9mra1.png);background-position:bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:290px;background-color:#a44903;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;line-height:12px;color:#c1a87d;}
</style>

WC:521 +5 OOC: Yeah I made it so I’m halfed by your posts XD

Really it was nothing as I scared you in the first place, you wouldn’t have gotten hurt if I hadn’t

He said, trying to brush off her thanks as not needed. He took praise well but not when he felt he didn’t deserve it, and as he was the cause of her injury in the first place, he felt that he did not deserve the thanks, he was just glad that she was not hurt to an extreme. He moved slowly to the doorway but as she mentioned they needed a light… well if they had oil…

We just need some oil, I could use gauze, and find some wood to wrap it around…

Where on earth would they find some kind of oil though? He was fearing that his bird might now be so far in the depths of the building that he might never find her and that she would be trapped. He stopped his search for a second, whistling in the door way, in hopes she would come to it, but it was looking grim, as he listened, his whistle echoed within other rooms and bounced off the walls, it would be a confusing mess for the poor bird, sighing he went to look for something that would light and stay lit for some time, having little to no luck himself, there was just a bunch of papers and wood, and those burned quickly, not to mention the metal things… damn these humans and their… technology, it wouldn’t work for the wolves if they tried… He remembered that there was some stuff outside, and looking, he saw that there had been old, dead cars lying near the building, having an idea, he found a metal leg from one of the desks and wrapped his gauze around it in a makeshift torch, gas burned, how long he wasn’t sure, but he would do his best to make it work for as long as he could. He found the nearest car, and hoping that there was no hole burned in the gas tank he stuck the makeshift torch in where the gas would be poured… pulling it out with no luck. Niro cursed and hurried to the next, and soon he had done six cars to finally hit the jackpot, he hurried back to the building, finding some matches in one of his belt’s pouches and lighting the torch he looked at his new friend.

We need to hurry I don’t know how long this will last.

He then moved past the door way, light springing throughout the building now, he could see technology beyond his years and his imaginings, he couldn’t even possibly describe what he saw, but he couldn’t stand here thinking about it, he had a bird to find.

Marahute!

He whispered horsly, a little louder than a whisper, but not so much a normal voice, he didn’t want it to carry, as it would confuse the eagle. He moved along the ancient machines, desks, papers, steel, and so many more things that he didn’t understand, in hopes that Marahute would just be in the next room.

[/html]
[html]

Word count 1022 - 10 points

Ykesha’s unnerve was overwhelming. The lass had never been brave. When she was a child a scrape on the knee was enough to dissolve her to tears; insects had always been bizarre and terrifying. Even though Ykesha, her amnesia redefining her entire character, remembered nothing of this former lack of courage, she still was hunkered by the weight of her current fear. She could smell the infection the building emitted. The sounds which filtered through the walls like floating spirits of fog and smoke were unnatural. The fae’s ears often twitched at these, flicking forward and back with concern and worry. She was unaware of what lie ahead, and had little desire to find out. Yet she had already pledged herself to this stranger, to Niro, and though she was not a woman of courage she was a woman of obedience. If his bird had taken flight into Hades Ykesha still would have saddled up and followed. What a well trained monkey she’d turned out to be.

Still, crouched amongst the remains of the human society, Ykesha felt little drive to stand and advance down the darkened hall. Her spirits were not lifted by the light Niro now clutched in his fist--although she had to admit the lad was genus for crafting the torch from nothing. She surveyed him, her mind calculating the chances to small luperci had of navigating the unknown, of locating a bird whose dark hues would blend with the rusty, sour-iron of the building they found themselves in. Her heart became disquieted and in this pessimism the white woman turned her worried face back to the ground splattered with remnants of the long dead former occupants. For an office building, the place showed incredible signs of struggle. Ykesha’s white eyes danced along the broken marble floors, collecting the evidence of past conflicts. Two knives lay bent and chipped amongst the rotting papers; one had embedded itself in the side of a filing cabinet. A broken wine bottle with menacing edges lay near that and Ykesha had the distinct impression that at one time this innocent object had been harnessed as a weapon. She deftly reached out to it and turned the green bottle with her uninjured hand’s fingertips. The label was washed over with something dark and wet--either water or a human’s blood.

What had happened here?

Ykesha tried to imagine a world pitched so dramatically in chaos. The people who hid out in this office building had probably come here for records. She couldn’t read the hieroglyphic print the humans wrote in but the number of filing cabinets suggested to her that this had once been a firm responsible for taxes or property management. When the delicate bridge that held society together buckled from the weight of thousands of persons stampeding in panic, many had obviously fought in this very space for the documents now strewn like ants across the floor. Ykesha’s white eyes narrowed as she took in the value of the crumpled sheets underfoot. Why fight for the proof of ownership to land the government no longer held? Only a fool fights for a castle while it burns down around him. The fae wanted to shake her head but found the action improper, perhaps, inhuman. Although she hadn’t come across any skeletons, she was sure several people were killed in this space - most likely their remains had been drug away by shrunken and withering scavengers by now - and although their actions deserved mocking, it seemed an unfit task to perform. The brindled body instead took to further looting the floor-space, dexterous nails lightly picking up all manner of interesting objects in hope for a tool against the unknown which she was about to travel. The dull glint of something beneath an upturned desk satisfied this need rather efficiently.

Originally the small flash of silver caught the fae off guard. She paused, fingers still resting against the twisted metal drawer she’d been filing through. Her bright eyes fell on the sweet grey color, licking over it with curious consideration. It was a gun, large and abrasive in shape. Its sheen was dull from disuse but its location beneath a desk had kept it from gathering dust. The effect was strange. The weapon’s silver body seemed to glow with the low intensity of the ocean. The woman saw waves roll across its hoary body, saw silver fish flash like mirrors as they circled beneath the surface. Ykesha became entranced, bold eyes staring unblinkingly at the smooth, lethal structure as though afraid it would bolt like a mouse if she stole her glance away. The moments of her fascination seemed to stretch into minutes, and with silence and reluctant desire, the fae stretched out her wounded hand to gently wrap around the gun where it lay unused across the floor. Her arm shook unnaturally. With a delicacy known only to mothers who cradle their precious children, the fae steadily drew the gun from its years of rest. Ykesha’s lungs drew tight as she withdrew her hand, now firmly grasped about the metal handle, to her breast. She nestled it there, her prize against the darkness, although there seemed to radiate a certain darkness from the machine she’d claimed amongst the wreckage.

Still, Ykesha found little desire to put the gun down.

With legs stiff from kneeling the brindled lass stood and turned her face to look at Niro. His torch blazed brilliantly against the rust of his background. The bright orange illuminated the youth of his face and the sharp emerald of his confident eyes. Ykesha felt comforted in this; if her zeal failed at least Niro’s seemed endless. “Let’s go, then,” her weak voice cooed as the cold weapon chilled her sternum beneath her fur. Mindful of the shattered glass underfoot, the woman moved closer to him, her eyes distant and worried over the upcoming task. Yet whether her mind wandered farther down the hallway or continued to circle the room the two luperci now stood in, she felt herself drawn back to the pistol clutched within her chilled fingers.

I’m up to my neck.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
</style>

ooc murr

niro could feel the tension that the young female shared with him. He wasn’t one for these old buildings either, in fact he wouldn’t have gone in at all if he hadn’t seen her. He was sure this may be the last visit to this area. He watched as she moved around the new room, and looked n one of the cabinets. He had no desire to explore, he wanted to get his bird. As she looked he let out a whistle, though the echoes probably made it hard for the young fledgling to pinpoint where he was, but he had to try. He moved further in. She followed him after a little bit, something in her hand… Niro looked and frowned… that wouldn’t work anymore, he knew, but if it made her feel slightly more comfortable he would not say anything. He whistled again, in hopes Marahute would fly back to him.

Well I think we may have to go further… where could she have gone?

He said quietly, though his words echoed through the whole room. He sidled through the room, dodging broken glass and other sharp objects. He couldn’t imagine what this place use to be back in the days of the humans, and now he knew that he didn’t care too much what it once had been right now it was a death trap and he wanted to get out of here with his bird and his new friend intact.

Table by Jenni/Kiri
[/html]
[html]

Word count 822 - 5 points

Something stirred within the upper levels of the office. Ykesha could feels the wind peel itself lethargically from its resting place, turning over as an obese man does in his sleep. This restlessness made the fae’s brindled ears flick back in distaste. She smelled cheese and rot. The dripping decay of plants, perhaps. While her white eyes stared endlessly into the black space before them, the lass heard her companion voice what she knew as truth yet felt compelled to shy away from. “Well I think we may have to go further.” Ykesha nodded silently at this, unaware of whether or not Niro had caught her response. “Where could she have gone?” Ykesha’s heavy mind had no answer for this. She knew nothing of birds nor their musings. It was with silent prayer that the female only hoped the bird would return before the bowels of the office space swallowed them whole like a stomach absorbing a meal.

The cold gun trembled with weight in Ykesha’s hand. She swallowed audibly and shifted her weight onto both legs, her body draped over itself in poise for flight. Yet the young man’s determination gave her strength. As he ventured forward so did she.

Her throat was unnaturally dry.

The floor groaned in displeasure as the weight of the monstrous hound rushed past, his tongue lolled out of a crocked mouth while two wild eyes stared unblinkingly at the bird in front of him. The eagle flew with haste yet the tight network of hallways kept the luperci within view; no matter how the bird fled the labyrinth of the office space kept it within sight of its predator. The wolf howled with unsound laughter, saliva draining from his jowls to pool and froth in a collection ‘neath his chin. The beast’s breath was vile with want. His chest heaved as hound chased bird, lungs pulling in the stale air to fuel an even more stale body. Onward to bird flew. Relentlessly the fiend followed. The wide luperci sang with an unbalanced rumble as he thundered down the hall, his body knocking chairs askew and thudding unceremoniously into walls.

“The cock doth crow

To let you know,

If you be wise,

Tis time to rise.”

As the two went sailing past a collapsing room burdened with the grey of decaying furnature the monster howled madly, drool flecking the floor as his head tore upward.

“Hark! Hark! The dogs do bark,” he rumbled, yellowed eyes still entranced upon the eagle. “The beggars are coming to town. Some in rags, And some in tags.” The monster lunged, his body arched forward as though to slam into the bird and carry into the earth pressed to his ribs. “And one in a velvet gown!” The bird had shot up, wings grazing the ceiling as the matted body of the luperci rushed passed. The hound slid audibly into the wall, several joints cracking and shifting in protest. For a moment the luperci lie still, his heavy breathing the only clue that the animal wasn’t seriously injured. Marahute lost no time. On expert wings the raptor sailed over the disorganized wolf and into the next room.

Then luck befell the fleeing creature as a stroke of memory flooded her riled mind.

“Marahute!”

The sound was faint, crawling barely above a whisper, but a draft had carried the eagle’s master’s voice from a lower level. The sound rolled within her brain, giving desperation over to hope and comfort. With a new willingness the bird changed course, wings taking up the space of the hallway in a graceless display of feathers, and the raptor charged back towards its insane stalker, eyes fixated on a stairwell the two had already passed. The luperci looked up as the bird sailed over its head, mad eyes squinting in fury at the thought of losing its toy. With difficulty, the wolf rose and tore after the bird.

Below, Ykesha’s ears snapped forward at the sound of a body wrestling with the stairwell ahead. She raised the gun, her hands shaking and eyes peeled wide in terror. Snarling echoed from the darkness in front of them. The sounds of wings moving accompanied it. Laiden with unnerve, the fae’s glowing stare bounced around in the absolute blackness, willing herself to see into the unknown.

Then the beast spilt into her vision, its body and legs tangled like a ball of mating pythons. A faint cry fell from Ykesha’s mouth and she fired the silver gun.

Nothing happened.

Again, the woman’s white finger pulled back the trigger and the silver mechanism clicked uselessly. Ykesha could feel a spring bending within the gun’s interior. Something was dislodged; something was broken. Her jaw hanging lax, Ykesha’s white face turned to Niro, fear written clearly in her eyes. “Run?” she breathed.

In front of the pair, the massive and wild luperci had already begun to untangle itself as Marahute flew towards Niro.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]