The Sniffles
[html]

His stomach hurt. It had all morning, leaving the puppy adopted into the Cour des Miracles curled up on the ground miserably. Something he had eaten must have upset him the other night; his sleep hadn't been very good either. "Bluergh," he mumbled, his ears twitching as he wallowed in his own self pity about the stomach ache. They weren't uncommon, but he still felt as though the ache itself was some horrible punishment he was getting. "Wanna sleep." His silent musing wasn't followed through as the rusty-colored pup dragged himself to his feet and stalked out of the small house he resided in. A heavy sigh escaped him as he plopped down just outside of the doorway, grimacing.

The cold ground felt nice as he watched a few winter birds squeak at each other on the branches of trees, reminding him of his conversation with little Arnette about tweeting birds. Those were exactly the type she would like, rather than the exciting hunting birds that Niro had, and he scowled at the fact. "Stupid birds!" he huffed, tail curling back around his flank. Edged on by the pain in his stomach, he stood and started to run towards the loud avian group, barking and howling at them angrily. They scattered, and he smiled, seeming satisfied. "I made those birds run away!" Proudly, he sat back down, tail thudding against the ground as he cast a glance around the area.

It was quiet as he watched the wind shake the naked branches of the trees, a fact that weighed on his chest until he remembered he was in pain. Distress fell over him again and he flopped onto his side, sighing heavily as he began to watch the sky from his place on the ground. "'m bored."

[/html]
[html]

ooc text. Yay

This is was just your average day ayita was happy to just be around the house. She roamed out of the bedroom and poked her head into the room that held Kam the pup that was staying with them. They always had a home full with someone and it made her happy. Though she'd be better at caring for the pup in a different form but that was not an option.

Kam wasn't in there odd he must have left before she was even up. She hadn't taken much part of taking care of the pup but she liked seeing the boy bouncing and happy around the home. Ayita walked out to the open door looking out it she smiled there he was chasing the birds. She smiled watching him till he stopped and just flopped over on to his side. She sighed mustering her strength to go outside.

"Good morning sunshine what are you doing?" Ayita asked walking up to him. She sat herself down. "You feeling ok bud you don't look so good." She really hadn't spoken much to the boy but she was hoping to build a trust bond with him. Knowing that he at least trusted her was good enough something not even her daughter gave her.

""

[/html]
[html]OOC: So sorry for the wait!

His ears pressed against his skull as his eyes moved from the sky to the ground. Indeed he was bored, and indeed his stomach hurt, and indeed he wanted food. But he didn't want to get up. The winter air caused him to curl up, grimacing unhappily. Stupid tummy. The silent words were followed by a wrinkle of his face, and a grumpy bark at another bird who dared land on the ground near him.

Kambujiya lay there for a while before hearing the voice of Vigilante's mate (or Queen, as the pup affectionately called her from the sidelines) while she sat beside him. "Good morning, sunshine. What are you doing?" she asked, diving into another question quickly. "You feeling okay bud? You don't look so good." He sighed. "Nooo. Don' feel nice. Stupid tummy hurtin'," he mumbled, covering his nose with one paw lazily.

[/html]
[html]

ooc text. Yay

Ayita looked at the poor little guy. "I'm sorry dear anything I can do for you." She asked sitting down near him. She wasn't used to having pups around the house and she didn't quite know this guy. She wondered a lot about him and where he came from. Ayita hunched over and got close to him. "Want me to make you something that will help your tummy?" She asked. She could even in this form at least mix the few herbs she had with water. She didn't know what she could do really.

Sitting up a little she smiled doown at him. "So what would you like to do today?" She asked smiling. she was at a loss for words because of her lack of involvement.

""

[/html]
[html]

She sat down near him, hunching over to get close as she asked if he wanted something to help his tummy. His ears perked up curiously at the offer; she could make stuff to make tummy pain go away? Eagerly, he nodded. "Pleasepease?" Though he didn't really know Ayita, he was too young to feel understand that strangers weren't always nice; Ayita never proved otherwise, especially not now. And Vigilante liked her, which meant she must have been nice. Or so his logic assumed.

"So what would you like to do today?" Her smile brought a smile to his face as well and his tail waggled just a bit on the ground. "Dunno. Was gonna go walkin'. I like walkin'." But with the added stomach pain, he wasn't sure anymore. Now he was starting to think he'd stay home and sleep some. Sleep usually helped.

[/html]
[html]

ooc text. Yay

Ayita Smiled listening to the boy. Standing up she smiled. "Alright lets go in and I'll make you what I can." she said looking to the house heading that way. She was glad the Vigi had chosen to leave the door open a jar. It made life much easier.

"Well lets get your tummy feeling better and we can go walking another day. For today how about I read to you from a book. I have many of them." She said happily. She was content with getting the boy healthy as she slid her fattening frame through the door way. She would have more pups to care for soon. Water she kept easily accessible in this form and her herbs what little she knew about were in reach two. Doing things in wolf form was not easy but she was coping. Mixing the herbs with the water she watched it steep re hydrating them slightly.

""

[/html]
[html]

She smiled and listened and he was reminded of his mother in the way she was so kind to him; unlike his mother, though, she hadn't disappeared. While he had limited contact with the mate of King Vigilante, he knew she lived in the house and he knew she was around. She hadn't disappeared. She hadn't run off. She was still around. It was comforting to know that.

"Alright, let's go in and I'll make you what I can." His ears twitched toward her, watching as she headed toward the house. Silently, he followed suit, hobbling along as his stomach started to act up once more. As she continued, he heard words he was unfamiliar with. Books, reading. His head tilted just slightly to the side. "Read? Wha's reading?" He wanted answers to his curiosity, and he hoped the woman would give them as she started to prepare some concoction with things in reach of the lupus woman. He couldn't tell the difference in her larger body, unfamiliar with changes in pregnant females, though he knew something different was on the air.

"But we can go walkin' 'nother day, yeah?" There was hope in his voice as he neared her, wondering what she was up to. Though it was awkward, she seemed to know what she was doing. Another aspiration entered the mind of the young male.

[/html]
[html]

Table by me

Ayita smiled moving herself to the bookshelf knocking a book down she picked it up bringing it over to where the boy was. "Well reading is when you understand the words on a page of paper. I can even teach you it will take some time. But there's no need to read unless you want to learn." She said smiling. "But I can read to you a story in this book the humans wrote about, three little pigs being chased by a wolf. They wrote about a girl in a red hood being chased by a wolf. You see they feared us Kam, the humans just didn't understand us they thought we were mean."

She said smiling. She thought it was funny to read some of the thing the humans had written. "I would love to go out for a walk with you when your feeling well." she said. "I am sorry though you haven't seen me much and in fact I don't know much about you. And you know your welcome to stay in this home how ever long you want right." It was funny Vigi and her home was always full of life now from the short lived time of pups that had come her from where ever.

[/html]
[html]3+

She explained what reading was, but he didn't really understand. Humans weren't a concept he was familiar with; his mother had lived far from human wreckage and their artifacts were not something commonly seen by the brown-eyed boy. It wasn't until he had come to the pack that he first saw houses and other ruined remnants of the past.

But she could read the scribbled symbols on the pages of the book and he stared at her in awe. Maybe, if he was lucky, he could learn too; she offered after the concept passed his mind and he smiled brightly. "I could learn too, yeah!" he exclaimed, adding yet another dream to his list of achievements planned in life. Not only would he be a knight, and a bird owner, but he would be able to read. He was sure of it.

She described the story of the pigs who were chased by a wolf and he frowned as she mentioned the strange humans had been scared of them. There was no reason to be frightened, not in the mind of the young boy. He felt he was perfectly kind and amiable; would they really have disliked him? He was sure they would have, like the bad wolves that Niro talked about once. He simply didn't understand why.

Ayita reassured that she'd love to go with him on a walk when he was feeling better and apologized for having not spent as much time with him. He shrugged, a weak gesture that was weighted by a depression inflicted by memories of his mother. It had been such a long time since he'd seen her, and he was slowly giving up on the chance that she might still be alive to come collect him. Deep down, he knew she wasn't. She was lost, and he was there without real family while others had their own. His ears flattened briefly before perking once more, trying to hide his sadness.

[/html]