Fill in all the empty spaces
Empusa
Empusa had been here for around a week, and not a lot had happened. Secretly she was afraid to be here without her mother, though she tried not to show it. So far she hadn't smelled any sign of her mother...it was like the white wolf had dissapeared. Sometimes she worried about whether Monet had abandoned her or not---but that couldn't be true. It wasn't her mother's fault that Gabriel hadn't let her in.

The four month old sat down next to the ocean, looking out at the waves. Was this her life, now? She was going to be stuck here, with all of these people she didn't know, for the rest of her existence? Maybe she ought to throw herself into the ocean. There had to be a cliff somewhere. That was what she'd do...if her mother didn't come back, if she did abandon her, Empusa would take control of her life herself, and end it.

Monet had said that she had family here. Where were they?

[html]
Oh, my, my, you're oh so sly.

Let's leave unsaid what's left unspoken.
___ It had been delicious. It had been beautiful, a masterpiece in its own respect. Though her death had not held the wonderful, artistic value that Fallout's had, Monet's murder had, too, been a sight to see. Her stupidity had been amusing, how she refused so profusely at leaving Inferni, how she seemed to be so adamant about remaining there. Whatever her reason had been, she had trespassed on Inferni soil, and then proceeded to heckle Hybrid, pulling him into a fight. She had attacked, Hybrid had retaliated. The moment she had drawn blood, Hybrid had vowed it would be the death of her. He was not one to pretend he did not have an ego - there was no way someone who had screwed around with Vitium when they had been 'together' would get away. Not after that, not after she had insulted his clan and attacked him.
___ Her body was not in Inferni, but rather, off on the borders somewhere. She had continued to insist that she return to Inferni, and Hybrid had chased her out of their clan lands a few times. Her body was now rotting away peacefully in the Swamp Sosyé, among the muck and dirt where it belonged. Disgusting, filthy creatures like herself deserved no more than to return to where she came from.
___ Hybrid smiled contentedly to himself as he thought of that, feeling rather fulfilled. He had rid the world of a disgusting creature. It felt nice to be doing such good things - the reward was not money or fame, but rather, a feeling that bubbled up in his chest and made everything worth it. He quickened his pace, moving across the beach at a steady lope, kicking up sand and yawning loudly. He slowed after a few minutes of running, trotting towards the figure seated on the beach. It seemed like another Lykoi brat, perhaps the one he had met some time ago. A decent little puppy, he was sure it would grow up to do great things. "Hey, you!" He shouted, jerking his head at the puppy. "You shouldn't be out here, you'll die or something. The waves will take you away," he stated with a cackle. If this were one of Kaena's brood, they would need him (or her) to survive and become the warrior Inferni needed. The teeth and claws their clan would soon want at their side, defending and protecting their own. The teeth and claws they would need to rip and tear apart any wolf that came their way.
[/html]
[html]She looked downheartedly toward the water. The waves were coming closer and closer to her, it seemed, and soon they were touching the tips of her paws. As the wave came near the ground was sucked out from underneath her, dragged to the sea by the rushing water. She had never lived on a coast before, and didn't know how dangerous even sitting there on the beach could be. She didn't mind the wetness of the water, but the temperature was a problem. It was freezing.

She continued to sit there, letting the water flow all around her in short, small crashes. Maybe if she just stuck her head down a little farther she'd get dragged in.

The young hybrid was contemplating this when she heard the voice behind her. It made her jump; she hadn't heard the approach of the other over the crashing waves. Everything here smelled so strange to her, too--she couldn't recognize any particular scents over top of the pungant smell of coyote and salt.

"Zis...dying sounds nice. Ze water is cold...my paw bleeds, but I don't feel it" She was shivering a little, but didn't notice it. "Who iz you? Faolin tells me not to speak with strangers. But I iz thinking that she meanz the wolves"[/html]
[html]
Oh, my, my, you're oh so sly.

Let's leave unsaid what's left unspoken.
___ Disgusting. This child was a representation of everything he hated, and it was one that deserved to live in pain and hatred. Hybrid sneered openly as the child attempted to garner some sympathy for his case. Hybrid was the very reason for this child's self-pity, and Gabriel had been the beginning of it all. Of course, Monet's own stupidity had caused her downfall, her inevitable death. She had died so that this child could feel more pain, could see the intensity of his gaze every time Hybrid looked at him and wonder why? Hybrid did not grin or smirk this time, which may have been even more frightening than if he had. His steady gaze followed the child's movements, and his expression betrayed no trace of emotion.

___ "That could be easily arranged. But you don't deserve it," he replied, his eyes flashing with malice. He ignored the child's other words, for whatever Faolin had told it was irrelevant. Indeed, Faolin had been right to warn the child of strangers, for those such as the likes of Hybrid would not hesitate to harm a small puppy. In fact, Hybrid would find great joy in ripping off one of its legs and watching it try to hobble through life. Unfortunately, there were severe repercussions to harming a clan member, and Hybrid did not fancy being exiled for a moment of blood lust. He would be able to exert his anger on the next wolf to wander through Inferni borders.

[/html]
[html]

"My muzzer told me zat I belonged here--zat my father once lived here. Do you know him? He is Vitium"

She looked forlornly back at him. He seemed interested in talking to her, even if he wasn't interested in helping her. She got up and stepped back out of the water, shaking it out of her fur. She'd have to get a bath later in some fresh water...the salt here made her skin itch.

"the Land of Wuffluvers iz a strange place."

He spoke again, telling her that her death could be easily arranged. So now she knew--if she ever wanted to die, really die, she could ask him. Or maybe he would kill someone for her. This was a new concept to her, life and death...a strange concept. "I met a dog...a young one from the Jaded pack. I bitez him."[/html]