Did you know the skies sparkle at night?
It wasn't very common that the sky was clean during the winter months, especially at night, but when it was Adonia wouldn't waste it. She always found herself loving the night when it was clear and all the stars were visible. One thing she remembered was when she lived in Europe, her friend's mother taught her about the constellations. How lovely they were, their stories, and the humans thoughts about the stars and the constellations themselves. She couldn't recall the stories too well, but that didn't matter, she knew what they were, and they had stories. She remembered most of their names and some of their locations. It bothered her that she didn't know them very well, but she didn't let it get to her. It was more fun trying to find them, and really it also killed time, time she had plenty of. It was hard to find something to do with it, especially after all the important stuff was done.

Today was a day that the stars had no clouds to stop them, the moon wasn't out this night. She couldn't care less about that, the stars were so brilliant looking, and with everything done she wanted to spend time looking at the clear sky. The dark blue, so dark it was nearly black, was speckled with what others would think to be white lights, but they were not all white. Some where shades of red or blue, and some even appeared to be twinkling. They fascinated her, and she knew just enough about the stars to give others information that would amuse them, but she had no one to share it with--well she did, but she didn't have much courage to talk about something that others would surely find useless.

She thought about going to bed, but she had no desire to sleep, not yet, anyway. The wolfdog decided to just lay herself back on the snow. She was becoming a little more comfortable in her two-legged form, and for the past few days she found herself staying in it longer than usual, however, it couldn't replace the comfort of sleeping in her lupus form. It was only when she got to the ranch did she shift, and for those two days she didn't shift back till she was home and ready to sleep.

With a heavy sigh, she put her arms back, folding them behind her head. Her two toned eyes seeming to look like turquoise sapphires in this night's light. A soft, but peaceful charm fell over her at this moment. How she found peace in her solitude was probably the reason she hadn't ever gone out of her way to bother anyone. Surely, everyone enjoyed their alone time, and surely everyone had their own agenda's. She wouldn't want to bother anyone with her need to not be alone...
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... ntable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Delwyn didn't care for the night. Something about it always made him uncomfortable. All together too uncomfortable to sleep, which led to some lonely hours. Much better, he reasoned, to nap once or twice during the day, than leave oneself vulnerable for a whole night. Tonight, like most nights, he was wandering. Unlike most nights, he could barely see where he was going.

It was bright enough, to be sure. While there was no moon, the stars shone luminous and wondrous. Therein lay the problem. Instead of looking where he was going, Delwyn looked upwards, admiring the cosmic tapestry even as he moved. It didn't help that tonight he was wandering in his Optime form. His goal was to slowly become less clumsy whilst on two legs. While that may happen someday, tonight it wasn't in the cards.

Murphy's law, a concept which had actually managed to outlive humanity, states that anything that can go wrong WILL go wrong. For example, when someone meets a new person, they generally want to make a good first impression. However, thanks to Murphy's law, a nasty root may be in just the right spot to cause you to trip. And you may trip in just the right place to land head first on the person you're meeting. Such was the case tonight. Delwyn's foot was caught by a malignant root as he rounded a tree, and he flew spectacularly downward onto a (probably shocked) Adonia.

"Ooof!" He said, with all the elegance of an ass.

[/html]
[html]<style type="text/css">
.alletable { border:1px solid #264F3F;background-image:url(http://i44.tinypic.com/1fgums.jpg);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;width:450px;background-color:#C4C9B3;text-align:justify;font-family:georgia;font-size:0.95em; line-height:1.4em;color:#264F3F; margin: 0 auto }
.boxy { padding:10px 10px 180px 10px;}
.boxy p {margin: 0; text-indent:30px; }
.boxy b {color:#8e3768;}</style>

Her eyes had quickly found Orion and the big dipper, however, she had trouble with others. There were groups of stars she thought could be constellations but she wasn't entirely sure. It was typical, she always found herself in this dilemma but she didn't really fuss too much about it--at least not outwardly. Her head tilted as she admired a small group of stars that reminded her of a kite. A fond memory entered her mind. A light laugh came before she shut her eyes allowing her mind to wonder. She felt safe within the borders, however, she had never known what it was like not to be safe. She was just feeling the grip of sleep when a large weight came crashing down upon her body.

Her body jolted into the air as she let out a scream, she was in complete shock and hadn't a clue she had even screamed. Her eyes looked down to the source of all this, a young male. He was much larger than her and she couldn't quite tell how old he was, she guessed around her age. It was obvious he didn't mean to startle her, but still he had and heart was going a hundred miles a minute. She remained in quiet shock watching him as she moved away from him. His stark red eye stood out to her, had she seen red eyes before? Yes, Pendzez had two red eyes. The other was yellow. His coat the same white as Pendzez as well. Were they related? Curiosity pushed her to break this quiet shock, and allow her to momentarily get over the shy awkward silence that she always held around others, "...are you related to Pendzez?" Her voice a soft whisper on the air, but through the silence it was loud enough to ear her words.

[/html]
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... ntable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

OOC: MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE! Sorry about the delayed response, they'll be better after Christmas time, I promise, things are just hectic right now >_<

Delwyn stood up hastily, afraid that he'd alarmed the poor girl. Scratching the back of his head with embarrassment (a luxury he lacked in his other forms), he hastily apologized. "Jeeze! I'm so sorry about that, I wasn't looking where I was going!" He felt awkward around this female, something about her put him ill-at-ease. He didn't feel threatened, or untrusting though... this was an entirely novel feeling. He just felt... awkward. Without meaning to, his ears flattened downwards. If this were a poker game, his tell would be crippling.

Her question took him off guard. Most people guessed that Xeris was his mother: the resemblance was apparent. Far fewer could guess who his father was. This female was among the exception.

"Why... why yes. Pendzez is my father, although I haven't seen him in nearly nine months. I've... err... I've been away." He tried to think of a diplomatic means of explaining where he'd been without REALLY explaining anything, "I just recently returned to the Valley after spending some time... finding myself, I guess you could say" he finished lamely.

A cloud moved directly overhead for a moment, casting the whole area in greater darkness. His heart thumped loudly, as he was still absolutely traumatized with embarrassment. "What are you doing out here anyway?" Asked he. He didn't mean for it to sound like an accusation... but it did.

[/html]
[html]<style type="text/css">
.alletable { border:1px solid #264F3F;background-image:url(http://i44.tinypic.com/1fgums.jpg);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;width:450px;background-color:#C4C9B3;text-align:justify;font-family:georgia;font-size:0.95em; line-height:1.4em;color:#264F3F; margin: 0 auto }
.boxy { padding:10px 10px 180px 10px;}
.boxy p {margin: 0; text-indent:30px; }
.boxy b {color:#8e3768;}</style>

She watched him get up with near lightening speed and he apologized with great enthusiasm. She felt her usual shy behavior leave for a moment as she let out a giggle amused with his behavior. Her bi-blue eyes looked into his eyes before she spoke, "You're fine, don't worry..." Despite her acceptance of his apology, she wondered how someone could miss a whole person under their feet..however, some were too busy staring into space, as she was. How did she miss him coming? She tilted her head, ears alert to hear what he had to say about being a relative to Pendzez. She hadn't known the male had a son, she had thought maybe the male was a brother, or something of that nature, but son. She gave a warm smile, "Wow, I didn't know he had offspring..I didn't even know he had a mate.." She put her ears back in a slightly shy manner, and embarrassment, "..I don't know many of the members personally...I do know them all by scent. Actually...I only recently got to know them by face..your father I have met once..well twice, recently at the pack fire..." She said, then felt like she was speaking too much, and the urge to ask him why he was gone struggled to get out from her but she held back seeing that he really wasn't wanting to share that information.

She remained sitting upon the snow, not feeling bothered in any way by the cold as it didn't seem too far past her thick undercoat. Silence seemed to befall her as she wrapped her arms around her shins. Her ears perked when he spoke in a slight accusing voice. This made her eyes narrow some as they looked to his, "...I could ask you the same question.." She said giving him a slight dirty look almost in shock of having him scold her like she wasn't allowed to be out at night watching the stars. "..am I not allowed to star gaze?" She laughed a little trying to ease the tension. She didn't like confrontation, it was something she attempted to avoid with all her power.

[/html]