Fabrication of Jewels
[html]
Ooc: Hey James!

Nyx de Jinx had been wandering Anathema's territory for quite sometime it seemed like. The frigged winter air only seemed to grow stronger with the promise of snow. Nyx's black fur whipped through the air, it's darkness casting a contrast upon the winter landscape, even with the night sky looming overhead. In her optime form she was petite and the wind seemed like it was going to tip her over. Her feather earring on her lower right ear seemed as if it was going to take off into the air. Nyx cursed it and put a hand on the side of her ear, to pin it down. stumbling on she saw caves peaking form the mountain side.

Nyx walked in, relived, to be inside gave a small sigh and lowered her hand. Getting her baring, there where more then meet the eye to these caves. they looked intricate and she felt that she might get lost if she wandered in to far. She wandered in about a bit, and found her way into a larger cave area. It was spacious and there was enough light to see.

Nyx decided to relax a little and took her small pack off of her belt and some few stones and supplies. Sitting down on the cave floor was actually more comfortable then she thought because it wasn't as cold as anticipated. Perhaps with a few more tweaks the place would be suitable. She took off her Labradorite amulet that was attached to a leather cord with moonstone and amethyst. Once this was done, she took her tools out and tightened the clasp and hook, adjusting it she put it back on the chord and smiled at her masterpiece. She admired her necklace, it was her own creation and took pride in wearing it.

Still keeping her tools out she took out some extra rocks she picked a piece of onyx and smoothed it in her hands. She then took silver wire and played around with it, fixing it with her tools so that it fit around the rock snugly. She fastened a bail to it then so it would be wearable. The black stone shown through the silver wire that it was encased in, giving it a feel of enclosure. Settling the piece down and her necklace beside it, she lay her back against the wall. Eyes closed, her soft breathing continued and she let her muscles loose their tension as she let sleep take her

[/html]
[html]
<style>
.naniko .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.naniko p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.naniko b {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 2px; }
.naniko {background-color:#1e252b; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... naniko.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:12px; color:#141b21; width:375px; text-align:justify; }
.naniko-border {width:379px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.naniko .inner {margin:10px 10px 190px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... nikobg.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>

She wanted to go out to the border to give it another check, but wasn't sure if she ought to go out yet or not. A fog had settled over the territory and she couldn't see very far in front of her. As they grew with members they would be able to claim more land, and she was considering what portion she should go for. She had scouted the area to the south of them and had found a nice wooded area, which she was thinking about laying claim to.

Naniko entered into the main portion of their cave home and spotted the other wolf seated against the wall. She was glad to see that Nyx was settling in, and approached her slowly so that she wouldn't scare her. Was she sleeping? She crouched down next to her, investigating.

Table by Jenny!
[/html]
[html]
Ooc goes here

Nyx just began to settle, feeling comfortable in the cave entrance area. She let her necklace and project lay beside her in feeling of ease. Her lids where closed on her yellow green eyes as she took a deep inhale. Catching the scent of Naniko, she opened her eyes to see the white wolf studying her. Nyx couldn't help the surprised feeling escape through her eyes. Though instinctively, Nyx smiled at her, remembering how kind she was in accepting her into the pack and she deserved respect. Naniko was also older than she. "Hello Naniko. " She still wasn't entirely sure how to greet the alpha but she knew respect was the key and that was something she gave easily to others older then herself. She suddenly became curious as to what Naniko was doing in these parts and what brought her here. " What brings you here? ", Nyx said. Not wanting to pry, she couldn't help her own curiosity.

[/html]
[html]
<style>
.naniko b {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 2px; }
.naniko {background-color:#1e252b; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... naniko.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:12px; color:#141b21; width:375px; text-align:justify; }
.naniko .inner {margin:10px 10px 190px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... nikobg.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>

wc: 514

So far, things had been going pretty well with the pack. Naniko had faced a few obstacles, like being unsure about the requirements for moving up in certain ranks, but had redesigned a few of her rank tiers to make them easier to understand. She wanted her members to know exactly what she wanted to see from them before she would allow them to move up into the next rank in their tier. A few were getting close, and she could see Theodore and Demi moving up fairly quickly, which made her very happy. She was glad to see that the system was working well so far. The medic rank and warrior rank were now a bit more difficult to get up in, but they were also more work-intensive ranks. She felt that they dealt more with life and death than any other, so they should probably be a little more specific. She wanted her medics and warriors to know what they were doing if she was going to give them the higher rank and responsibility that came with it.

She was glad to see that Nyx was finding her place in the pack. The female seemed as if she was one of the wolves who would actually stick around in the pack, one of the ones who would get into a rank tier and really be of use to her. Naniko hoped to eventually have a canine in each rank tier, but understood that sometimes there would be canines who didn’t feel that they fit into the ranks that she had. They could remain Zepars for as long as they wanted, she supposed, or give her ideas about a tier that they might want to belong to. She was always willing to change things around and try and come up with new ranks to suit what the pack and its members needed. She could adapt. Ultimately she knew that without her members she was nothing, and though she would be a bit rough on them when she needed to be, she did care about what her members wanted and about what they desired to do within the pack. When she had started Anathema she'd only had vague ideas about what she wanted to do with the ranks and with how the members would react to the rank-tier system, but things were going great so far.

Nyx was a very friendly wolf, and Naniko would return such friendliness to her. ”Hey there. Sorry for waking you up, you looked pretty peaceful sleeping there” She grinned. ”I just got back from checking the borders. We’ve been getting a lot of new members lately, and I’ve been out there a lot. I’ve also been trying to keep an eye on my son, though at this moment I have no idea where he’s at. What are you up to?” She observed the tools with which the female was working with interest, looking back up to her face afterward. What exactly was Nyx doing? It looked like something that the ever curious Angela wanted to learn more about.

Table by Jenny!
[/html]
[html]
Ooc: <3 Naniko! haha Yes, Nyx has meet your little devil. I'm not sure if I should mention him though... should I?

She left the project which she was working on in her hand. It was going to take her a bit, to create this onyx pendant. She had often heard of the Anathma pack using a gris gris. She had thought about perhaps making one in the future but this pendant here was not to be one. This stones was a good one, a shinny black one, that had been smoothed nicely. It's silver wire stood in contrast to it, silver and black. Perhaps she could find more supplies in the caves of Anathema, she knew many different rocks lied there. Semi-precious stones where her favorite, they offered something unique in and of themselves. Perfect centerpieces to her creations and such. Nyx did many crafts and such, she was always getting herself into a mess of things. Recycling was the best thing, to her own kills to the tree sap. Something in nature could always be of use to her. She would find a way.

Nyx nodded to her in respect and returned her smile with a bright one of her own. She deeply respected Naniko, for her leadership as well as creating the craftsmen rank. Once Nyx heard this, she knew her destiny, to provide as a successful craftsmen, in this case women, of Anathema. She could provide for them this way, and this made her feel proud. ""No worries, I was close to waking anyways," Nyx lied, but in truth she was totally happy to see Naniko and she needed to wake up anyways. She willed herself to find some energy, escape sleep. It was working! " New members are always a good sign, I'm glade to see the pack grow. The stronger we will become, the more members we have."... Recalling from her old pack, she remembered the battle and how her pack had lost. They were killed, the less pack membered they had, the more the other pack advanced. Nyx supported a large pack so her own history would not repeat itself in this pack. " Currently, I am making a pendant", Nyx raised it up for her to see. She lay in on her pad of her hand, but it was black, so you could no truly see the onyx. " Here, take it in your hands, place in on your white fur and you can see it better, It's a pendant I've been making."

To Nyx she believed that each stone holds it's own vibration and property. In this case Onyx increases instinct and strength as well as grounding a person. Very useful to their kind.

"speech"

[/html]
[html]
<style>
</style>

Sure! :] wc: 311

She was interested in learning things that other wolves knew but she did not. Naniko had designed the rank tiers with Azalea's help but she didn't consider herself too far above them; she wished to learn a little bit of each rank tier and hoped to be an effective leader. Theodore had taught her a little about knives and she looked at Nyx's stones with interest, wondering what it was that the female was doing. She had always been curious, even as a pup, that couldn't be helped. And the fact that she was the Angela and Nyx a Zepar didn't make her want to learn the stuff any less.

"Oh, good. And you're right...I hope that it grows and prospers. We have an entire cave system to fill up, unlimited space" She said, grinning. Unless the pack grew UNBEARABLY big, which she doubted it would. She took the pendant from Nyx when instructed to, holding it in her hand. It was very pretty, and she could now see why the female had asked her to hold onto it. Against the white of her fur she could see the darkness with more detail. It truly was beautiful. "I love it. What is this stone called?"

There was something that she had forgotten to do when she had accepted Nyx, though. She'd almost forgotten again, now, but her mind grasped onto the idea as it came to the surface. "Oh!" She exclaimed. "I had almost forgotten...as a new leader, I needed to share blood with you when I accepted you into the pack. I forgot to do so at the borders when we first met. I'm still adjusting to my leading the pack, I hope it's alright. I'd need to make a small cut on your hand and join it with mine." She showed her the dagger that she would use for it.

Table by Jenny!
[/html]
[html]
ooc: sorry I didn't get back to you sooner! I have midterms. yuck

Nyx appreciated Naniko's interest in her own craft. She enjoyed showing others her work and teaching them on how it was done. Unconsciously, her tail began to sway slightly back and forth in enjoyment as a soft smile played upon her lips. She could imagine having a large cave place of her own. One for a studio area and another for a living place, perhaps attached or something. She would even take requests from others who wanted certain pieces made. Anathema was slowly feeling like home more and more to her as the days passed on.

"Haha sweet! I would love to make a studio. By the way I did see your little pup. He almost stole my kill, but I shared it with him. He sure was hungry." She recalled the young golden boy who had jumped her for the kill. She decided to share it with him because he looked starving. Nyx was an empathetic wolf in this case even though she wasn't the happiest with sharing. After all he was apart of the pack.

Passing the pendant to Naniko, she saw the onyx in it's glory. Black on white, true contrast, it stood perfectly with a slight shimmer. The pendant was coming along nicely. "Thanks. Onyx" Nyx replied. She was glade that Naniko loved it.

The creative flow stopped when Naniko spoke. Share blood? Nyx thought. She didn't mind, though she was a bit startled. "Oh, ok. Here. ." She extended her left arm to the white female, her palm facing the sky. Her glance caught the tip of the dagger and looked back to Naniko.

\

<style>
.nixdark-text {padding:0px 7px;}
.nixdark {padding:5px 0px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.nixdark b {color:#d5d5a5; font-weight:bold;}
.nixdark {width:400px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://img573.imageshack.us/img573/85/souls67.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:250px 0px 0px 0px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#947e65; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:3px double #000000;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]<style type="text/css">
#nani01b { width: 400px; background: #fff url('http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n571/britcurtisxo/naniko01.jpg') top center no-repeat; padding-top: 350px; padding-bottom: 15px; border: 1px solid #000; color: #000; font-family: georgia; font-size: 14px; text-align: justify; }
#nani01b p { margin: 10px 20px; line-height: 15px; }
#nani01b .ooc { color: #acacac; font-style: italic; margin-bottom: 15px; }
#nani01b b { color: #b88810; }
</style>

wc: 398

She was glad that Nyx was open to the idea. Naniko would have felt comfortable around the darker female without making the cut and joining their blood together, but it was something that gave her more peace of mind…to get it done and out of the way. She would have trusted Nyx just as much as before, but wasn’t sure if she would have felt exactly the same connection as she did to the rest of the pack. ”My apologies for forgetting.” In two swift movements the cuts were made, and she held her hand against the female’s. ”I wasn’t sure how the pack would take to the idea…but now I feel it’s one of the most important rituals of Anathema. Those who aren’t already bound by blood will be.”

A few wolves had already left the pack, but they would be welcomed back just as readily as they had been welcomed the first time they had come. Nyx spoke of Scorpius and her ears went up, eyes looking with interest at the other wolf. Scorpius had been hungry? ”I’ve been trying to get him to hunt for himself…see what he can do. I don’t think he likes asking me for food.” She did view it as a disappointment when she had to hunt for him; he was old enough to be learning these things for his own, even if hunting in winter was a little harder. It would just make him tougher with the experience. ”As long as he’s not dead I think he’ll be fine.” Her tough-love attitude came in, then. ”I will feed him if he asks me for food...I always have a little extra around for him. And I do make sure he has food on a regular basis.” She clarified. ”But I want him to begin to learn independence.”

So the name of the stone was Onyx, hmm? She hadn’t heard of it before. ”What are some of these other stones called?” She inquired. ”I’ve never seen stones that shine like these ones do. Is something special done to them to make them do this?” Naniko asked again, trying to take the subject from her family life. She would teach her son however she felt was best. If others had something to say about it then they hadn’t been expressing it; so far she hadn’t heard anyone speaking ill against her mothering ability.

[/html]