Everything changes, from memories to new faces
[html]

gardenia grove, dated the first of January...word count 342

Davyn stepped carefully through the snow, listening to it crunch. He glanced around, not really recognizing the area as one he had explored before, but that was alright. New area, new stories. This place smelled dimly of a sweet scent that Davyn identified as gardenia. He grimaced; it was not exactly his favorite scent, and it clung to his fur cloyingly. He shook his head, trying to get the scent out of his nose, and failing rather horrifically...Davyn paused, forgetting the scent caught in his nose, as he noticed odd boxes standing at intervals. In his lupus form, he nosed gently at the corner, then jumped back, seeing bees sound asleep in the boxes. He backed up, eyes wide, then laughed at his antics. The cold had sent them into hibernation, and thus they posed no danger to him.

In the days past, Davyn had worked diligently at his den, only taking breaks to eat and scavenge for materials and trinkets to fill his new home with. So far, he had found a brilliant journal in Halifax, and an old fashioned fountain pen that still had plenty of ink, though it was hard to keep the ink from freezing up when he was writing. He had managed to find a pack, also, and in that he carried around the journal and pen. His next task was to find some suitable wood to make his charcoal sticks. If one had come across the male wolf at any time, one would realize that the pack literally NEVER left his side.

Davyn sat down in the snow, setting the pack aside just long enough to change to Optime, so that he could easily grip the pen in his paw. A poem had come to mind, and in a graceful script, he scratched the words carefully onto the first blank page he found in the journal.

Walking through the world, with nothing to tell nothing to be told, everything changes, from memories to new faces. Even as days fade to gray, the same faces never stay...

<style type="text/css">
.davynsnow b {font-weight:bold; color:#021F2B; letter-spacing:1px; }
.davynsnow .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.davynsnow p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.davynsnow {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#EAEEF9; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/i5bp0h.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 238px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Poem by Bethany Maxwell
[html]

5+

The dappled female that now called this Valley Pack her own had done the best she could to explore most of the territory she was responsible for watching over. Though she had memorized the majority of the lands to the point of knowing them in her sleep there were a few places she had yet to reach. Sanctuary Island was one, and the other wa sa place she did not know the name of, a small grove of sorts that was much closer to her den. Today was the day, she would tell herself as she woke from slumber. She was going to see what exactly was in there. The fae may be small, but she had the mindset of anyone twice her size.

That was how she had managed to get herself nearly stuck in the path, her small Lupus body was not enough to get her through the thick snow that seemed to block the grove off from the rest of reality. She knew she could have worn herself out to the point of exhaustion trying to get in like this, and that just wouldn't do. The female decided it was in the best intentions to change into her Optime form, a form not to many saw on a regular basis. Tala was still as her body morphed, limbs extending and moving in placement as she grew greatly in both height and size. After the change was complete Tala smiled, this made things much easier to access. Though not as comfortable in this form as she is in her Lupus, she did not dislike it. It gave her a new sense of freedom and ability. She understood why many Luperci enjoyed this form as much as they did.

Tala was not expecting to find much when she was exploring this new Grove, maybe a small area where many seldom tread. Her hopes were set on maybe finding a trinket to decorate her Cabin, the walls were far to bare for her taste. Though she now had a lovely Hand Mirror Noah had given her and the small wooden horse Shawchert had gifted her, those things alone did not decorate her home like she wished it to be. She wished her cabin to feel like a home, and not just a place to live.

Entering the grove Tala looked around with inquisitive amber eyes, the soft grey fae could not help but imagine the beauty this place carried in the warmer months. Much like firefly fields, this place must be a beautiful sight to wander upon. The scent of winter had taken the Canadian land, yet the smell of Gardenia stung at her nose like a thousand bees. It was oddly strong, the population here must be immense to have this strong of a smell during such a hard winter. Among the towering scent there was a smell of a wolf here, fresh as she could tell. Though it was a soul she did not know. Her small head turned to the side slightly, who on earth would be here, if not for a reason at this point of the year? Her now two legged frame walked quietly, the snow falling under her feet due to a new found weight. The small fae approached a building, it was quiet, almost as if nobody was here anymore, but the scent still grew stronger. Approaching the door she pushed it in slowly, her curiosity and compulsion to know each and every member of the pack getting the best of her. "Excuse me, but hello.... is somebody here?" She just hoped she was not disturbing anyone's slumber or concentration. She would feel terrible if she did. It took the further steps into the abandoned building to see a body sitting, appearing to be writing. Her head turned to the side slightly, puzzled by what he was doing. Not many people secluded themselves like this to simply come and write. The petite woman stood there with a hand grasping at the wall, she was trying to make herself feel as if she was not disturbing him. "I'm very sorry, please pardon my intrusion."

<style type="text/css">
.wintertable2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#262626; letter-spacing:1px; }
.wintertable2 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.wintertable2 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.wintertable2 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#E4E4E4; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/m7wc61.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 232px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#636363; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

wc 332

The words began to flow after the first had been penned to the paper, and he was deep within thought. Due to the gardenia scent clinging to his fur, Davyn did not smell the female, nor did he hear her approach because of the words racing in his mind. His pen stilled as he paused to sort out his thoughts, the words rushing to be spoken, to be written, to be heard. In all honestly, his fingers itched to pen the words, but Davyn knew that he would have to be able to read the words written; if he rushed, his penmanship was absolutely atrocious.

A sweet voice broke into his thoughts, causing a whole new river of thought to flood through his brain. He tipped his head up to meet amber eyes, eyes that made his heart race, and then stood. It was rude in his mind to sit in the presence of a lady who had not yet taken a seat herself. Davyn berated himself; no female had ever affected him like this, ever. Her fur was similar to his own, slightly darker. It looked to him as if the scent of the gardenias was bothering her too, but the scent oddly suited her.

Davyn realized he was staring, and blinked a few times before he replied. "No worries, milady. The words tumble over each other, but it takes a while to sort them out. If I just sit and admire the views, and let myself ponder over the stories of the world, the words sort themselves out." He held his paw out to her, offering her a seat. "Forgive me for being rude. I am Davyn Nefae. Might I know the name of a lovely lady such as you?"

Thoughts began to race again, focused around the femme in front of him. He wanted to draw her, write about her. A muse wrapped herself around his brain, and Davyn wanted nothing more than to learn more about this female.

<style type="text/css">
.davynsnow .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.davynsnow {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#EAEEF9; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/i5bp0h.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 238px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Just so you know, Tala does not pick on compliments or hints at all when it involves someone flattering her. xD She's all 'pretty? You mean that chair right? Right?' 5+

Tala felt so utterly rude to have disturbed this man from his writing, he had seemed so lost in wondrous thoughts as he had been writing with such a passion she had not seen before. Tala had barely spoken a word to this grey male but she already knew that he carried a deep desire to write and express his creative mind in an outlet was was purely scriptual. If in many forms of ink or outlet, it was something Tala did not posses, and she envied him almost immediately for it. She had felt in for Shaw too, a desire to be able to do more than she could, but with this male, it seemed so much more deep, more of a lifestyle rather than a hobby. The smell of Gardenia was overtaking her nose at an overwhelming note and his scent was fading fast, barely a trace or a memory as to what it actually smelled like. Though it's not like it mattered right now, those eyes he sported, she felt lost in their cool shade.

As he spoke she seemed to be snapped back to an immediate reality. His voice had a tone that was not of the Valley, now where had he managed to acquire that? It was most unique and enticing. It gave the female a slight complex, she felt as if her voice was atrocious compared to it. Her slightly deepened tone due to her ligh femininet rasp made her feel as if she was a monster to even speak. "You speak about your writing with such a passion. I can only rudely assume that you write for more than just pleasure? A gratification of sorts maybe? I am quite jealous that you acquire such an outlet." Her words almost got lost in though before he snapped her back down to reality once more. The lighter grey and much taller male seemed to cause her mind to jitter, she could not explain it. Why was such a thing happening? As his paw outstretched she nodded her head softly in acceptance to his offering of a seat. "It's I who should apologize. I barge in and do not even utter my name. I apologize for my actions. It's a pleasure to meet you, Davyn Nefae. My name is Tala Djose." She gave a welcoming and almost hostlike friendly gaze. She had not seem him around, so she could only assume he was one of the newer members, that or she had just not had the pleasure to meet her packmate in the past.

The dappled fae set herself down on one of the wooden stools strewn about the room. He was a gentlemen, she would not deny him of that title in her wildest dreams. She still felt like a fool for interrupting him as she did. The fact that he called her lovely seemed to enter one ear and exit the other. The girl was not used to being complimented by anyone let alone a male. It did not compute to her as a compliment or a word of flattery. In her mind nobody had a reason to speak to her in such a way. They had not in the past, so why would somebody have the compulsion to do so now? "Pardon my asking, but what brings you so far out into the bush at this harsh season of winter? Most would dread making the tread up here at this time of year." Tala sat with poise, her posture was straight and her hands set in her lap, heels together like paired magnets and tucked in a feminine curl off to the side.

"speech"

[/html]
[html]

wc 443

Her eyes caught his soul and dragged him down, hard. Or perhaps they lifted him up to new levels of creativity and emotion. In any case, Davyn couldn't take his eyes from hers, even for more than a second. He knew that as of yet he had not met this damsel in his wanders of the packlands, but then again, he could count on one paw the number of people he had met in his month here. He was glad to meet this female, hoped to get to know her more. Words raced through his mind in a desperate attempt to adequately describe her...and fell short. There were simply no words to describe the perfection that sat before him.

He sat on the floor, intentionally keeping his head lower than hers to give the impression of being in the presence of royalty. "My lady, you have no cause to apologize. It is I who should apologize. I would have noticed your presence earlier had I not been engrossed in my writing. I...I do indeed write for gratification. In my mind, writing is an expression of emotion, thoughts and emotion colliding to mix in their own ways."

Davyn furrowed his brow, repeating her name and horribly mutilating her surname in his lilting accent. "You alone, milady, may call me Davyn, if you so wish. I came up here for inspiration, and it seems to me that I have found the perfect source for such." He grinned at her, implying that she was the source of such inspiration. "The trek up here was truly nothing compared to the walks and hikes of my homeland." He paused. The green scent of his homeland still lingered in his memories, a distant song that called to memories deeply buried. And they were going to stay buried for a bit longer, as he turned his attention to the damsel in front of him.

He noticed that she sat like a lady, her legs gently curled to the side of the stool. Davyn internally cursed himself, forcing his attention back to the conversation. "You have no need to be jealous, milady. I'm sure you have talents of your own that surpass those of other beings. You seem like you are very talented, and I have only known you for but a few minutes."

Davyn's mouth was dry, he noticed. Her voice was raspy, but it was gentle, caring. He could see her, in his mind's eye, playing in the snow as a puppy. He did not know if she had ever been a pup in the snow, but he could all too easily picture her lovely fur catching the snow.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
Sorry, posted it twice.
[html]

5+

It was an odd sensation for Tala to not be able to tell past tales of the being infront of her by their scent. It was a tool she often used to ask without words if the soul was familiar with these lands, and if so, for how long. It was amazing what the scent of a wolf could tell about them. Though Tala could not smell his, the Gardenia had swallowed it whole, yet how badly she wanted to smell it. She wanted to know what his fur spoke of, what he smelt like. She had never desired to just know of it before, but with him she wanted it badly. To have his smell familiar, why did she crave it as she did? Tala felt his eyes on her and it caused her head to dip slightly in a sense of inadequacy. Under him she felt as if she was a naive pup.

It was when the large male sat on the floor that she blinked down at him, surprised with his actions. His eyes blended so well into his pelt, yet they stood out like diamonds. This man struck her like freshly thawed water. It had the breathe in her very lungs standing on edge. Though Tala did not get the sensation of being looked up to like he may have intended, she still found it very kind of him to show such manners. It reminded her of home, where respect and mannerisms were high on the priority list. His words caused her to shake her head in soft motions, he did not need to apologize for enjoying what he did to the degree he showed. "Please do not apologize for doing what you love, Davyn. I would feel terrible for someone to feel ashamed of what they do Also, you may call me Tala as well. No need for formalities between pack mates." She truly hoped he he was just being polite with those words.

As the large male mentioned his muse she blinked, not this was where she was confused, now what on earth could he be talking about? She knew that the quaint Grove was lovely, but Summer would be a much better season to be writing about it. Gardenia did not seem to be a lovely topic either, unless he was writing about parasites that clung to your fur and nostrils like leeches. It did not even cross her mind once that he could be talking about her. That was the thing that seemed the most ridiculous to her. There was a slightly confused expression that bounches across her face but she smiled all the same. "I'm glad you have found your inspiration,whether in a secluded grove or a vast field. Muse had many forms. I also understand quite well what you mean, I've come from a like of trekking before I found this Valley, so I am quite familiar with finding my way around a bush or two." She let out a soft laugh with her words, that time seeming so long ago now though it was not yet two months in the past. She would never forget the time that built her to who she was today, that would be frowning upon herself, and the fae did not believe in negative self images like that.

Mentioning that she may be talented caused the dappled female to let out a laugh. "Now you're just being kind, but thank you for your words. Coming from a man of such stature, it means quite a deal to me." She let her head dip to confirm her words. Under his whimsical accent she still felt as if her voice was that of a monster. She felt that a man who held himself the way he did and had the personality to match it deserved to hear the voice of a princess. That was certainly not her, if you would ask the fae. Modest was not a word she was familiar with using upon herself.

The male was considerably larger than she, even sitting on the floor she did not have to look down far. His fur was slightly darker than hers throughout, her fur only being dark around her head back and paws. Her stub of a tail was her biggest flaw in her eyes, but she often said it gave her character. Now for what she was unknowing, but it's not as if she could help it. It was her belly, chest and legs that lightened her body, her amber eyes only doing so much.

"Pardon my asking, but what do you write of?" Her curiosity kept burnign about this man, she wanted to know everything.

<style type="text/css">
.wintertable2 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.wintertable2 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#E4E4E4; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/m7wc61.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 232px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#636363; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

wc 424 O.O You're definitely giving my writing skills a much needed workout. Smile

He could tell from the knowing look in her eyes that she knew far more about the lands than he did, but surprisingly enough, all he wanted to learn about was the woman sitting ever so gracefully in front of him. The scent of the gardenia faded to the back of his mind; for once he didn't mind the overpowering scent. When her head dipped, as if she felt inadequate, Davyn instinctively reached out and lifted her chin up, only to draw his hand away, scared he would offend her. She looked almost sad, and he felt the urge to make her smile, to make her laugh. Her voice reminded him of the singers back home who had sung the folksongs that told stories of the history of the land.

He looked up at her, watching her eyes for any emotion that might cross her face. She looked a bit confused at the mention of his muse, and he smiled gently. "Tala, though the grove does indeed lend itself to the coming of muse, you are the inspiration that my words so desperately needed, so that they could be born." He looked down at his paws. "Indeed, the trek certainly helped to build my thoughts into a pile of wood and kindling of sorts, but your coming here was the spark the kindling needed to light." Davyn paused, surprised at his own words. He had never spoken to any one, male or female, like that before, and he found himself uncovering a corner of his personality that he had never known before.

He shook his head as she laughed. "Milady, I am being more than just kind. Your eyes speak of talents unspoken by your tongue. As of me being of stature, you honor me indeed with your words. Your presence alone means a lot to me." Her eyes told him that she was not particularly content with her image, but to him, well, Davyn thought she was beautiful in every sense of the word. Right down to her tail. The darker fur around her eyes accented them to glow, giving her face definite character.

His writing? Oh dear, now she had got him started. He grinned. "My writing...well, I write about everything that catches the whimsical threads of my mind. For instance, Miss Stockholm has told me some of the history related to this valley. As of right now, the snow outside has me plotting up some poems about meeting new faces in the light of old, happiness in the face of winter."

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

You're writing is absolutely lovely! Hush. 5+

Tala had let her eyes start to memorize the floor, a hand almost unintentionally was raised to begin to play with the tips of her hair, white and snow and curled by natural rhythm. She was not all to used to her locks, as she did not spend most of her time in the form. Though when she did spend her time in this form she often tended to play with the ends when she was nervous or embarrassed. Like holding a blanket is to a child, it was a comfort to her deepest habits. Though there was a large, yet reassuringly gentle hand that pulled her chin up. She looked up at him with with her amber eyes soft. The last time she had somebody do that was by her mothers hand, and it was shortly after her fathers death. She did not get mad, she just gave a soft smile that signified that she was alright.

His smile after her questioning words of his muse had her eyes once more locked with confusion. Now what on earth was he talking about? How could she ever be anybodies muse? She was just her, a regular person not hightened by evident beauty or intellect. She would imagine many people would find her boring, not to be down on herself, but simply because she did not scream creativity. Now the wolves of Cercatroy D'Arte, or even somebody such as Geneva or Xeris, she could see them being somebodies muse, but her? No. "Your words are very kind Davyn, but to be a muse... it's something I cannot associate with myself so easily. Maybe one could write a comedy about my missing tail. I would love to read that." She smiled at her words, not bothered at poking fun at herself.

Tala was not used to having someone speak of her on such terms, in the past it had been of aggression, and her friends and packmates in the Valley Pack spoke to her as such, packmates and friends. The way Davyn spoke however made her feel as if she was something more than just that. He made her feel like a lady. It was weird, and the thought baffled the woman. Though the idea did not stick in her mind very well. It slipped out like water. His words were very kind, she would never deny such a fact.

When he went off about his writing a smile became glued to her maw, the way he even spoke about it showed such a love of the art. She would never for a second doubt that he did not care deeply for his outlet. mentioning Geneva having shared knowledge was not something he held alone, the kind female had told her information as well, though it was about terrain rather than history. She knew that snow was often used as amuse for it's graceful motions and vibrant colour, or lack there of. The woman let her hand fall from her hair to once more rest in her lap. Tala felt as if she could talk to his foreign male for hours, days even and still not be satisfied. The smell of Gardenia was starting to become numb on her nose, though it still stung at her nose and lungs it was becoming far less on the top of her mind. She couldn't imagine what it would be like during the Spring or Summer. Though this grove would be close to a miracle in beauty, she knew it would have it's prices to be paid in exchange.

"In all my time spent on my own without a pack, I never took the time to record the beauty I saw. Sometimes I forget the sights I saw, but then there are times I could never forget even after death. I can imagine in literature that it's similar. Some things are just forever there, no matter how hard you try you cannot forget. But not as if you'd wish to. It's the recording of the thoughts that's different. I rely on memory alone while a writer such as yourself can document it on paper." She began to get the sense of rambling and blushed slightly, looking back to the floor ebfore back up to him, not wanting to be rude.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

wc 438 Thank you. Your writing is pretty impressive too. Smile

As her hand reached up to caress her curls, Davyn watched ever so carefully, studying her as if she were a precious piece of art from the days of the humans. Her smile lit up his world, and once again he wondered at the effect that this femme had on him. He found himself wondering what would become of this blooming friendship. It already seemed stronger than any other friendship he had ever encountered before, and Davyn hoped that his wish to have a close friend in this new home would soon come true.

Confusion clouded her eyes, and he found himself wanting to convince her that she was indeed the source, his beautiful muse. "You may not compare yourself to the muses of old, but milady..." He paused for dramatic effect. "Your soul calls out to me as no other ever has." Davyn looked up at her, trying to convey the words that were whirring in his mind. The motion reminded him of the jigs that his family had once played, and he suddenly became sad, disappointed in himself that he could not remember more about them.

His thoughts went briefly to how she would look sitting in the grove in the fresh greens of spring, the bright yellows of summer, and the vibrant reds and golds of autumn. Then he turned his focus back to the woman sitting in front of him once more. Davyn had a feeling that she had demons of her own that were hidden, just as his were. His demons hid behind his writing, never coming out til the strangest of times.

"Some sights are not meant to be recorded; they are meant to be simply enjoyed. I have encountered many who have said that same as you, Lady Tala, and I will say the same to you as I did them. All beings, be whatever creature they are, perceive things around them differently than the person beside them. For instance, you speak of yourself as a very un-muse-like being, but I see in front of me a woman who could inspire the wind to change directions if it could, simply to please such a woman as yourself."

"Some sights I have come across and simply stood there and marveled at the occurrences before me. Not all things have to be recorded to live in the memory forever, and I have learned that even those things you believe you forget will eventually come back to you in one way or another. There will always be a trigger for those memories, and it will happen upon you at the most unexpected of times."

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
5+

Tala for once in her life did not find it difficult to make friends, to have a nice small conversation with somebody without it being of passing through lands or hunting. She found it absolutely delightful that Phoenix Valley could give her this, and she did not want to ask for anything else. It seemed that every other day she was meeting a new face, but this male seemed to stand out on a whole new level. She wanted so badly to befriend him and hear his stories, to read his poems and hear all there is to be heard. She had felt this feeling mildly in Jeffersen, Geneva and Xeris when she met them, but with Davyn, it was much more prominent and hard to deny in her skull. Tala did not understand it, but she would not fight it.

This dark male seemed very persistent on his words about her being a muse, and his words were kind, even flattering but the fae did not pick up on that that aspect of his speech. She knew that kindness should not be fought or people would simply stop showing it. "If you insist, Mr.Nefae. Even as I do not agree, I will accept the kindness of your words." Her smile was one of almost flattery, though she did not know what the feeling felt like across her mind, even if she felt it she might not recognize it. The large male seemed to have a wondrous look upon his orbs, and she would not shoot down their source, she would never want to do that, not even to an enemy. If you did not have what was inside your head, what did you have?

Tala could see that the mind of the soul in front of her was wandering to other thoughts, and even though she wanted to know what he was thinking about she knew better than to inquire. It was rude to pester someone about their thoughts. Tala knew that if they felt like sharing, they would do just so. Occasionally she would question a friend's train of thought, but now was not one of those cases.

As the male spoke of his writing and recording such memories Tala could not help but smile at him, her amber eyes were locked onto his silver orbs as if they would suddenly disappear and she would have to rely souly on memory to see them. She knew this was an absurd thought, but it would not falter from her mind. When he was finished speaking she took the opportunity to continue from where he had left off. "But do you not agree that leaving some views and memories unrecorded is the same as forgetting about them? To some it's an injustice not to share with another. I know nature itself would not care, but I often get the feeling-" She tapped her chest above her heart quickly."That it's almost cruel to keep it to yourself. Maybe it's just me, but it compels me at times." She knew this was why some artists had created pieces of nature, to show through medium what others could not see.

"speech"

[/html]
[html]

wc 495

Davyn found himself deeply wishing to know this lovely femme, more than any other wolf he had ever known before. He wanted to know the stories that swam in the amber depths of his eyes. He wanted to enlighten the curiosity that brightened them and show her the world from his point of view. She stood out to him, a rose in the glistening void of snow. The other wolves of Phoenix Valley intrigued him, but Davyn realized that Tala was different. Somehow, someway, though he could not physically see the differences (except for her striking eyes), Davyn knew that they existed.

Outside, the sun was beginning to set, and yet, Davyn never even thought to notice the changes, engrossed as he was in their conversations. Even the voices within his mind had fallen silent, to better hear the gentle rasp of her voice, to better study the delicate curl of her fingers wrapped up in her lap. His ear flicked back as she presented him with a title he reserved for his father, long gone. “Mister I am not, but thank you for the consideration.” He grinned to show her that he was not angry, hoping he had not offended her with his protest of the title.

Her eyes bore into his with such intensity, and yet Davyn could not force himself to draw his gaze away from hers for even a second. He found himself caught in a web of sorts, but he never wanted to escape the web, if the woman folded so delicately in front of him did not either. Davyn briefly thought of the Greek goddess Artemis, whose magical nets ensnared one and kept one from moving until she (the goddess) deemed one worthy of her imperial presence. He felt as if he were caught in such a net, perhaps cast by Aphrodite, with no desire to escape the tangled mess.

“Indeed, I do agree with your point, milady. Some views and memories are best recorded, so as not to forget them and the people in them. My mother always told me to record my childhood, in case anything ever happened to my family or my memory…” Here Davyn paused, eyes swimming with heartfelt sorrow. “I deeply regret not listening to her well meant advice. Now I have barely any recollection of her or the life she told me to remember…”

He though back to the much renowned artists of the human race. The only reason they were famous, he thought, was because they had thought to push the boundaries imposed by society, and make themselves blatantly known.

Davyn looked up at the wolfess, everything about her calling out to him. “Though you may deny it, Lady Tala, you have the heart and soul of someone who cares deeply for the arts, and I am more than glad to be in the presence of a lady such as yourself.” His eyes met hers, and theoretical sparks flew, leaving him breathless.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

5+

Time was not a factor here, nor did it tend to be when she was enjoying the conversations or company she kept. For something that had been so important in the past, it was now so easy for her mind to let it go. In the past when she was alone it had meant it was time to hide yourself in protection to what could be lurking in the shadows. In the Valley night was just a time, time was not all to important in itself. Tala did not even notice the sun being dragged behind the horizon. Though the small shack was starting to become dim as daylight retreated from the depths, this did not bother the femme one bit. She was so engrossed in the conversation, hypnotized by those silver gems. Tala knew that she should probably get going, but she was oddly compelled to sit and talk to the Irish Brute a bit more.

As he denied her words Tala looked down slightly in an apologetic notion.She had not meant to be rude by it. Though his smile showed he was not upset by what she had spoken, she should have known better than to speak in such a way before asking. "Please, I'd like you to just call me by my name. Calling me Lady makes me feel both old and....obnoxious. Thank you for the polite attitude however, I do appreciate the kind words." Her head dipped slightly once more before she brought it back up to be held in the proper feminine manor. Just like her mother had shown her as a pup. If she had a tail it would have been by her side, tucked neatly to her hip.

It took some time for the dappled fae to realize they were making such long eye contact. The sudden realization caused her to blink and force her eyes upon something else, the something else had managed to be his book the ink was by now long ago dried. He had lovely scripture. Her eyes wandered the half filled pages before she loked back over to the male and gave a soft, welcoming smile. "Your mother must have been very wise.Tthe idea is quite unique, but I can see it being very precious to those who follow through with it. I also try not to dwell on things I cannot change. I cannot change what has happened to my family in the past. I look at it as growth. Things to reflect upon and learn." She wasn't exactly trying to make a point of anything. Tala was just rambling, if nothing else. She gave an apologetic smile once she realized that she was going on once more.

As he spoke to her she turned her head to the side slightly, she knew that she loved the arts, she just did not participate in any of them. Not having time to write or play an instrument in the past until about a month ago. At that point she did not have access to them. Finding a tool or an outlet had not been high on her priority list at the time. Though now that she had settled, she had a feeling she was going to start searching, even if it was just a small thing, she'd love to have it as her own.

The realization that the room was growing dark had the Fae blinking softly as she scanned the room. It was not well prepared for being lit in the winter, that was apparent. She was slightly upset by the thought that she would have to leave her new friend so soon simply because night was overhead. She found it unfortunate. However, they did share a pack, and meeting again was inevitable.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

wc 367

Time did not mean anything to him, but it definitely passed without a thought in the shelter of the abandoned building. Those amazing amber eyes held him completely captivated, and he had no wish to leave the female's company. The dimming light did not hide her features; in fact, it accentuated the gold and copper shades of her eyes, and left Davyn momentarily speechless.

He shook his head at her apologetic glance, indicating that he did not mind the title she had granted him with. "I beg pardon, mi...Tala. My attitude comes to me from childhood, and mannerisms, I fnd, are rather hard to change once installed in one's personality. I would never intentionally make a lady such as yourself feel obnoxious, as you are so obviously neither."

He stood, brushing himself off, before reaching out a paw to assist his companion in standing. Davyn realized that they had been sitting for quite a long time, and that the sun was even closer to setting. Within about half an hour, it would be dark, and the temperature would begin to drop dramatically. He mourned, for once, how fast time had passed, and Davyn knew that a strong friendship would develop from the time spent with the woman that sat before him.

"Would you be so kind, fair Tala, as to allow me to walk you home? You have taught me much this day, and I have found yet another topic I yearn to write about. Not to mention that although I believe these lands to be safe, I was raised to never let a woman walk herself home. I would feel unbelievably guilty if we were to part on this evening and something happened to you that I would have had the chance to prevent. I beg of you, please allow me to accompany you?" Davyn grinned, hoping that although his flattery may fall on deaf ears, he could one day show her how beautiful a wolf she truly was. The scent of gardenia had long ago faded into the background of his mind, his focus completely on Tala, the book and pen by his feet forgotten for the time being as he waited for her response.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

5+

Tala thought that the fact that he was apologizing to her about what he had been thought as a pup was rather silly,he did not need to apologize for such things. It was especially true since Tala was similar, her parents had taught her similar mannerisms and traits as a child, though they were not the same, the idea was. To be kind no matter what the other person seemed to say, they had that in common. Davyn probably could have called her terrible things and it would take Tala several occurrences to start to get rude in return. Tala gave everybody three chances, on the third they were fair game to be treated the same as they had treated her. Though she had never gotten to this point before, she never wanted to. The femme chose to remove herself from the situation rather than let things get tense. It was a personal choice, she knew that letting things get ugly never ended well. That was a mixture of personality and teachings. Tala was never one to fight, and her mother had always said that a lady should never get her paws bloody unless it was utmost necessary.

"I understand what you speak of, and I know you did not mean harm by calling me lady. I don't expect you to abandon your teachings Davyn, not in the slightest. Please don't ever think that." She would never want someone to give up what they had learned just to please another. That was something she did not believe in. As he outstretched a paw to her Tala gave a polite smile before she took it with a gentle grasp. "Thank you." Her words were soft and quick, though she nodded in respect all the same. Tala was becoming more aware of the fact that the sun would quickly set and the cold would become so frigid it would hurt the skin. It seemed they both had the idea that it was time to leave.

His words made her smile and she nodded quickly, she could not remember the last time she was asked to be walked home. Maybe as a puppy when she would stay out to late and her aunt would usher her home like there were monsters in the shadows just waiting to pounce on any unsuspecting pups. "I would be delighted to have you keep me company to my cabin. Thank you, Davyn. Though I am very capable of walking myself home safely I won't deny you of that, I am no stranger to worry for friends." She exited the house into a blunt cold air. Her exhales became singular clouds which faded into the air like wind. It certainly was becoming quite frigid out here. Home seemed cozier than ever. Tala just hoped that his home was not to far off after they parted and equally as warm. It took nearly 20 minutes to come into view of the old cabin. Tala looked at the grey brute and her gaze was curious. "Thank you Davyn, you truly are a kind soul." She wanted to offer him to stay the night here to avoid the dark and the cold. Would that be inappropriate. She barely even knew the man? There was a shyness stuck in her throat was was muting any words. He seemed to have this effect on her.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

wc 328

Davyn realized that she had grown up in much the same environment that he had, and he was glad to have finally found a friend who shared that aspect of his life. He had never before met a wolf who had shown such pleasant manners outside of his pack, before the expulsion. He could not possibly imagine any wolf calling the woman in front of him anything rude, and he almost snarled at the thought.

As she grasped his paw, he looked down at their clasped paws and wondered if it would be a sight he would see, for ages to come. Davyn hoped that the friendship would develop into something more, perhaps. "You should never have to worry over friends, though I know that even the best of friends can cause a person to worry and stress about them." The cold air burned his lungs, reminding him of the chilly night that he had come to Phoenix Valley, and he shivered in recollection. His chest started to hurt, but Davyn couldn't identify if it was from the memory of the pain, or the pain of leaving the woman's company for even an instant, as he was so engrossed with her company.

When they reached her home, he glanced about, as if to draw the details of the area into his mind for future reference. Davyn paused a few steps from her door, looking her in the eye. "I thank you very, very much for the gift of your company, Tala." he saw the shyness flicker through her eyes, and reached out to tuck a curl away from her face. "Sleep well, milady. I hope your dreams are safe and enjoyable." With that, Davyn bowed at the waist. He rose, taking her paw, and kissed the knuckles gently before slowly turning away, reluctant to leave her company. He hoped to see her soon, and trekked to his den, happier than he had been in a VERY long time.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]