Striving for Acceptance
Character Name: Stryasty
Character Birthdate: June 19 2008
Species: Luperci, Labrador Wolf
A secondary form of contact : iheartsquirrels4@aol.com (Sorry, I don't have a working aim or anything.)
Currently played characters: None
How you found 'Souls: I like roleplaying and I found 'Souls in a search for active roleplay sites.

Stryasty padded cautiously to where she believed the border of Anathema was. She had heard that this was a place for misfits and outcasts. This was exactly the place she needed. She didn't like to remember her past, and certainly didn't want to remeber her parents. She shuddered even thinking about them. It was too horrible to think about her abusive parents and taunting siblings. After they had threatened and beatened her as a pup, she had ran away. The were luperci, Ortus luperci actually, but that didn't mean that they weren't wildly feral. They had treated her worse than the dirt they walked on, and all she wanted to do was get away from all of it.

Stryasty looked around herself. She was extremely cautious and careful after what she'd been through and this situation was no exception. She took whisper light steps and pricked her ears to make sure that she missed no noise. She had barely any idea what she was doing. She just wanted to be in a pack where she would be accepted instead of misjusdged, ignored, and mistreated. She wanted to experiance something different here. It wasn't like she was going to forget her old memories though. That would be too much to hope for.
[html]
Welcome! :]

She walked the border more often than she did anything else these days, ever since her near-miss with the last few would-be joiners. Newcomers seemed to appear the moment that she was back in her den asleep, or when she was in the middle of a hunt or some other inconvenient time usually. However, it seemed that she would get lucky today; as she padded along she caught scent of another wolf.

The Angela approached the other wolf boldly, stepping toward her with a certain gait. She stood tall on two feet today, shifted into her optime form. Naniko cleared her throat before speaking, addressing the new wolf before her. "Glad to see you didn't trespass, wolf. What are you doing here at the borders of my pack?"

[/html]
Lucky for Stryasty, she was also in her optime form. She worried as the larger wolf aproached her. Her parents had always used her size as a threat and reason to mistreat her. She was on the small size of her species. which happened to be Labrador Wolf. She had grown up in her native species homeland, but had went as far as possible to get away from the nightmares that she had met there.

Stryasty finally answered the other wolf's question. "I was hoping to join Anathema." She didn't say anything else. If the other wolf wanted her to go into details, she would. She would do many things to be willingly accepted into a pack.
[html]

She didn't know what sort of evils this wolf was trying to escape. They all had a reason for being here and for seeking acceptance into a pack. She had started Anathema as a way to collect the wayward souls that wandered the lands; many wolves felt that they wouldn't be welcomed anywhere else, herself included. She had been banished from Crimson Dreams. So who was she to judge anyone else?

"Do you have any skills that might be useful? I mean...you've kept alive as a loner, I guess. That's a good sign."She said, examining the other wolf. Had she always been on her own? Naniko was fairly easy to please, and the acceptance process wouldn't take too long for this small female.

[/html]
Stryasty was careful with her answer. She didn't want to say something wrong and get rejected. That would be too much for her to handle. She also didn't really know what skills she pocessed that she could share. She had never been allowed to discover the true talents that she had. She had never been given the chance. the few things that she did know she could do were things she wasn't really sure the other wolf was looking for. Stryasty was small and lithe. She was able to use her small size and speed for escape. That's the only thing she ever had used it for.

So instead of mentioning any of that, she merely said,"I'm a Labrador Wolf. I traveled all the way from Quebec to get here." The only real reason she was able to make it that far was because of luck and her knowledge of escape and blending into the background. She was quite good at sneaking around and had used it to her advantage when she met danger.
[html]

Basic survival skills were good skills to have. She had been a loner for a while after her exile and then again after her departure from Phoenix Valley. It had taken her a while to find another wolf to travel with and had noticed a big difference after Azalea and she had joined forces. They'd been able to bring down bigger animals and use hunting tactics to their advantage.

All that was required of the Zepars of Anathema was that they be able to hunt and do things for themselves. The rest could be figured out later, she supposed. "You've made it here, and I'm not going to turn you away. I'm sure we'll find some use for you. There is one more thing, however...if you wish to join the pack and become one with us you must share blood."

She pulled a tiny dagger from her belt, making a very small and shallow cut on one of her long fingers. If the other wolf would not cut herself, then Naniko could do it for her; she held out her other hand, jade eyes fixed upon the newcomer.

[/html]
Stryasty stared at the wolf's hand confusedly for a moment. She looked at what the hand held. It was a dagger. After seeing blood drip to the ground from the other wolf's finger, Stryasty knew what she was supposed to do. If this is what had to be done to get accepted, she would do it. She really had no idea what kind of ritual this was or how it was to be performed, but she guessed that the other wolf would lead her through it.

Stryasty carefully took hold of the dagger. She positioned it just above the skin of her finger. In a flash she had drawn it across her skin in a neat, straight line. Her finger was slowly leaking blood. She held onto the dagger, not knowing what to do with it.
[html]
A slight bit of powerplay in them pressing their fingers together, if that's alright :]

She was pleased by the other's willingness to comply with her wishes, and took the dagger back when it was offered. Perhaps this female was more hardcore than she'd given her credit for. She pressed her cut against that of the newcomer, allowing their blood to mix ever-so-slightly. Naniko held still for a moment before pulling back and offering the new member a deep nod.

"It's done. I welcome you to the pack as a new Zepar, our basic rank. Once you've stuck around for a while and showed your loyalty, you can move into a rank tier and get some direction in your life. For as long as you wish it, Anathema will be your home. I suppose you'll be wanting the grand tour?" She offered a small smile, wiping the dagger off in the snow and replacing it on her belt to be cleaned later. Naniko took a few steps into the pack's lands, through the border, and motioned for Stryasty to follow.

[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Congratulations! You've been accepted into the craziest bunch of roleplayers on the vast Internet! Please remember to make your first In Character post within five days.

Not sure where or how to start roleplaying? You can check the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for a list of open threads, as well as tons of people looking to plot out adventures with your new character! You can also start your own thread and see what kinds of interesting characters turn up for you. If you haven't already, please update your profile with detailed information on your character -- it'll help others get a feel for him/her, which in turn will help generate thread ideas.

You can also start doing other cool things like:

• Earning Word of the Day points, which can get you custom titles and even icons!
  • Fulling requirements for the Catacombs, our IC and OOC achievement system.
  • Participate in general chats and discussions in OOC Garbage.

You can find general roleplay help and guidelines, as well as a wealth of information on our werewolves and the 'Soulsverse on the RP Guide. Don't feel pressured to read it all at once though! The guide is a huge resource and is meant to be used as a reference for various aspects of the game. If you're feeling lost or confused, don't hesitate to post a question in Roleplay Aides, or to seek out a Mentor.

Stryasty nodded and followed the other wolf. A tour would be good. She had no idea what this place looked like. She really didn't even care. She had been accepted and that's all that mattered to her. It was all she had ever really looked and hoped for in life. She might have finally found the place where she belongs.

Stryasty was glad to see what her new home looked like. It only proved that she was now a part of this pack. If she wasn't, why would they show her their territoyry. Even though she was very careful, she couldn't help trusting the wolf. She had helped her belong, and that was something that she could never forget.
[html]
ooc talk

Naniko had laid claim to a small strip of forest along with the mountain and all of the tunnels underneath. Living below ground was often a new concept to wolves, but it suited her just fine. She didn't mind the dark and enjoyed feeling the warmth of fire on a cold winter evening. The wolves were working on a ventilation system that would help to let out some of the smoke. She wondered what types of places this wolf had lived in the past as they walked along together. She entered one of the two entrances to the caves then stopped to point out the various tunnels and caves.

"I live off to the left with my son Scorpius, and other pack members have chosen their own little niches similarly. Use your nose to figure out what caves are occupied; some canines here aren't the friendliest, especially if they think someone's intruding on them" There was an infinite number of places for the newcomer to make into a home. "We don't live too far away from the city of Halifax--I found an old bed there and used a cart to drag the pieces back, then the mattress separately. You can find all sorts of old abandoned objects there to help make the place seem more like home."

[/html]
Stryasty nodded, glad to be getting a tour from the wolf. She was learning new things about her pack every moment. She didn't really need to do anything else to make this place feel like home. It already was to her. She didn't really care where she lived, as long as it was with other wolves where she could have others be near her and pretend that she never lived another life. A life that was too painful to share willingly at this moment in her stability.

Stryasty knew that she would someday look back on her past and see it as nothing more than her past. Something that had happened, but wouldn't affect her now. She knew a truth though. What had happened might not affect her then, but it had already changed her and there was no going back.