Books gathering dust
[html]

And so it begins...wc 429

Davyn sat near his den at Mirror Lakes, staring out into nothingness. For days now, he had been finishing up the touches on his den, carving out a place for his bed, making vents in the ceiling for fire-smoke, and gathering as much wood as he could. His desk stood, ready for use, next to his bed, the toolbox settled carefully underneath the desk, in case Davyn should find anymore use for it. He was sure he would, in time. For now, it housed the parchment he was reserving for art, his charcoal, and the journal that held his writings and notes on the Valley.

For the time being, Davyn knew that he would soon have to stand and do something; otherwise his feet would fall asleep. In his Secui form, his limbs groaning, he stood, letting out a groan himself. The tattoo on his side stretched painfully, protesting the cold air with a violence that would have surprised him, if Davyn hadn't already turned his focus to something else.

Hovering over the lakes was a bird of prey, watching the stony waters below for any sign of movement. Movement meant food, and food meant a full belly. But it was the predatory grace of the bird that struck Davyn the most. He knew that he would not have enough time to run back to the den and get his journal to sketch out the bird, so he simply stood completely still, content to watch the bird in its quest for food.

He thought of the wolves he had already met in Phoenix Valley, and thought of the friendships that were fast developing. He wanted to earn the co-rank of Estorie, but did not know yet how to accomplish said goal. And so he stood, staring blankly at the spot where the bird had been (long gone in search of a more suitable place to hunt), pondering the wonders of life. Geneva had already told him some of the history of Phoenix Valley, but Davyn knew there were other wolves within the pack that could contribute to his wool-gathering.

He knew, dimly, that in his collecting information of Phoenix Valley, that he would be helping out. Every pack in Ireland had kept a detailed history of how the pack had been formed, matings, past leaders, wars, births, and deaths, along with any other relevant information that pertained to the pack. If he could talk to the rest of the members of the pack, he would be able to piece together the information and present an organized bundle to Jefferson.

<style type="text/css">
.davynsnow b {font-weight:bold; color:#021F2B; letter-spacing:1px; }
.davynsnow .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.davynsnow p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.davynsnow {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#EAEEF9; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/i5bp0h.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 238px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

lol here you go. Word count 475

Rendall woke up early this morning. The dreams of her past haunted her last night and she woke up in a cold sweat. She saw the male she once met. His wonderful voice had filled the young womans ears, she had felt as if he had been pleasantly close to her, even his breath felt warm against her cheek, but suddenly he was gone and in his place stood a grey male. She thought she recognized his scent but as his eyes are what threw her off. The beautiful blue orbs looked at her gently though she felt shy and almost sad. But suddenly before she could say his name she found herself back in her home land and the wicked stench of Avery filled her nose. She saw the female and charged after her trying to rip her apart, trying to kill the demon that destroyed her family. When Ren awakened she felt not fur or blood in her jaws but one of her beloved cushions. Horrified she spat it out and tried to calm her nerves with a cup of tea.

After a few hours the sun began to rise and Rendall couldn’t stop the feeling of restlessness of being outside. She grabbed some cloth she managed to pick up in the forgotten city and a knife. After a few moments of cutting and sewing she made herself a cloak, being equipped with something warm, Rendall made her way outside into the cold snow. She walked quietly around, observing the world come to life with the sun. By mid morning she had reached Mirror Lakes. A form near the water caught her eye. Davyn, a good friend of hers. She grinned as she watched him look at the area around him. She hoped he wouldn’t mind her company, she needed to get her mind off things and he looked like the right person for the job.

She walked down to the water and looked over at him from beneath her hood. “Good morning Davyn.” She approached him and sat down next to him. “Its been getting colder lately, have you been warm?” She removed the cloak and let her fur glow in the late morning sun, sighing happily with contentment that it wasn’t too windy out to spoil the warmth from the sun. “So…what are you doing today?” She was happy to have seen him again, the last time they had been acquainted, she had him stay at him stay at her house for an evening. It was good to hear that he had his own home now. Though she didn’t know where it was. Rumor had it that he had taken up a den for his home. It brought back good memories of her and Anya living in the den near the firefly fields. She smiled happily and listened to Davyn’s words.

<style type="text/css">
.renrose b {font-weight:bold; color:#00C5CD; letter-spacing:1px; }
.renrose .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.renrose p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.renrose {margin:0px auto; width:397px; background-color:#00103C; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/doqmj9.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 265px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#0099CC; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

wc 402

Davyn shifted from Secui to Optime, bones creaking in the cold, protesting the movement and shift loudly, so that when he was done, Davyn lay on the ground panting for a few seconds. He grimaced, then stood slowly, stretching out his legs. The tattoo still stung in the cold, and he wondered if the fur would ever grow back over the tattoo. After spending time with Tala, he had forgotten the shame that accompanied the tattoo, as she admired it. He shook his head, grinning widely. She was definitely a piece of work.

As the blue female approached, he bowed gracefully towards her, showing the proper respect. She wore a cloak that was obviously handmade, and he could only guess that she had made it herself. He admired the skill shown in the cloak, hoping to learn something from her. "Greetings, fair lady. I trust that you are warm in your cloak. It is very well made." He grinned, hoping to talk her out of her shell a bit.

"Indeed, I have been very warm in my new home. I have few belongings, but the fire keeps me warm in the coldest of nights...How have you been, milady?" He gestured over the hill as he spoke of his home, indicating the direction from which he had come from. If she got cold, with the chilly air leaving steam trails as it left their mouths, he would be the classic gentleman and ask her to his home for some tea.

"I was up before dawn; sleep has been evading me these past few nights. So, to temporarily remedy the issue, I wandered out here to ponder the history of this place” Davyn paused, his silver eyes glinting with excitement. "I have been told that you lived here for some time and then departed, before coming back. Perhaps you could tell me some more about this place? What do you know of the history?" Always a glutton, Davyn was, for any information that could assist him in his understanding of the pack and its ways.

Davyn was in awe as she shucked her cloak, allowing the sun to shine upon her fur. There was no possible way he would be able to capture that unique blue glint of her fur, but that didn’t mean his fingers didn’t itch for a chance to record her figure and unique coloring to parchment, along with her words.

<style type="text/css">
.davynsnow .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.davynsnow {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#EAEEF9; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/i5bp0h.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 238px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

wc 334 short post is short -.- sorry lol

Ren smiled at the male’s treatment of her. “You don’t have to call me milady Davyn, though I appreciate your kindness towards me.” She wagged her tail in happiness as the comment about her cloak set in. “Thank you; I’ve learned many things from my brother so that I could make it on my own.” She cocked her ears sideways in an expression of happiness, though she probably looked a little goofy. She nodded when he told her of his den and took an interested look when he pointed out where he lived. “That’s good to know, I’m very glad that you have been able to settle in so well.”

She listened to his reasoning behind his presence out here, it seemed like she wasn’t the only one to have been having sleep problems. She perked her ears up with interest when Davyn mentioned her past of living here. Indeed she did learn a lot about the history from when she was with DaVinci. She smiled again happy to know that she could be of use. “Yes indeed I did live here for quite some time, though not nearly as long as some. My first mentor and the one I lived with was in Geneva’s position, I learned a lot about how this land was found and he actually showed me many different journals written by the old historian. So I hope I can be of some use to you.” She winked at him and laughed.

“Well I guess we should first begin with what you already know and we’ll move from there all the way up to recent activities.” Ren counted over all the events she learned about when she was with the male. Sometimes she snuck around and read as many books about everything and anything that she could. However she always kept a special interest in all the things that happened in Phoenix Valley. Her interest had kept her from wondering off too far when she was still so very small.

<style type="text/css">
.renrose .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.renrose {margin:0px auto; width:397px; background-color:#00103C; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/doqmj9.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 265px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#0099CC; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

wc 349

Rendall's fur had caught his eye, and so he stood staring like a crow thinking SHINY!!! Then he shook his head, slightly ashamed that he had let himself stare like that. Her fur was sooo fascinating though; it reminded him of an abalone shell he had seen once, all sorts of different shades and swirling reflections.

Davyn wagged his tail, happy to have found someone who shared his interest in history. A thought crossed his mind; why exactly had she come out here on such a cold day? Certainly her home was much warmer, and the breeze was biting, vicious, trying to find every space between furs and dig its cold fingers in. "I beg pardon, but might I ask why you are outdoors on such a cold day? Certainly your home must be warmer, and sheltered from these biting winds." He paused, not wanting to turn down the opportunity to learn more about his new home, but wanting to ensure that her state of mind was alright. Her eyes looked haunted.

Davyn glanced around, looking for any kindling he might be able to find, aiming to start a small fire to keep the two of them warm while they talked. He found some lying nearby, and he set to making a fire, glad he kept some flint on his person at all times. It would not do to have a young lady such as Rendall freeze when there was a ready source for heat so close at hand.

Once the fire was made and sparking quietly in the circle of rocks he had made, Davyn turned his attention to Rendall, ready to learn about this beautiful place he now called home, with so many other wolves. It seemed like this was the place for misfits, the wolves that didn’t even really fit in with the misfit pack…so perhaps this land was better named the land of dreamers. Everyone seemed to keep to themselves, but Davyn did not mind that. After the close knit environment of his previous pack, the atmosphere of Phoenix Valley was particularly soothing.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

lol crow boy wc: 466

Ren glanced out of the corner of her eye and watched Davyn stare at her momentarily, she tried not to laugh when he pretended to look away inconspicuously. Ren perked up her ears at the males question and scratched the back of her neck uncomfortably. “Well, like you night haven’t been to pleasant for me. I guess I’ve just been antsy, restless, so I decided to come out here for a little while and I saw you down here so I figured I could keep you company.” She smiled at him and shook off the chill of the wind. She wondered if perhaps they could continue this in the warmth of his den. She had her small bag of a few snacks that she usually took out with her. After all, no matter how fluffy she was in her winter coat, she still burned food off quickly and that caused her to get chilly fast.

However when Davyn built a fire she was almost speechless the warmth that it provided was lovely but she felt bad about him doing this for her. “You know, we could continue this inside somewhere, perhaps at my cabin or your den and out of the weather.” She gave him a semi sad look, like “I’m sorry for not mentioning it earlier.” She didn’t want him to go out of his way to keep her warm. Though the fire did feel wonderful against the biting wind and the sound of a warm den with snacks and tea sound all too tempting. But Ren wasn’t a wolfess who went around inviting herself into others homes that was rude. Instead she waited for him to make the decision. She did find it interesting that he knew how to make a fire so well. She knew that not many wolves who grew up in real wolf packs didn’t learn the ways of luperci. But then she didn’t know his past.

Ren remembered when she first learned how to make fire herself. She almost toasted her brothers tail and her father had laughed brightly. She chuckled quietly to herself. She was always clumsy and she wondered how on earth she managed to live so long on her own without killing herself. She sighed. Not without great difficulty... she thought to herself. Suddenly a thought popped into her head. A strange thought as well. What if she became ambassador of the pack? It was an all too random thought but she thought that if she became more experienced with the pack then maybe she would be less careless and more cautious with her actions. Plus it would allow her to travel to other packs and meet other wolves and be able to possibly even meet someone she once knew. She seemed pretty gitty about this thought.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]