Smoke Signals
[html]<style type="text/css">
.oce02 {width:500px;margin:0 auto;background:#211E63 url(http://tammi.sleepyglow.net/souls/images/Oceane1_2.jpg) no-repeat top; border:1px solid;}
.oce02 .in {padding:160px 10px 10px 10px; font-family:arial;font-size:1em;color:#EFEFEF;}
.oce02 p {margin:0;padding:0;text-indent:30px}
.oce02 .ooc {font-size:0.95em;font-style:italic;}
.oce02 .line { border-bottom:1px dotted #1D265F; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
.oce02 b {color:#F9FCC5;font-family:georgia}
.oce02 a {color:#fff}
.oce02 a:hover {color:#CCECBD;text-decoration:underline}</style>

Thanks Smile Should we do a thread with Dawali? (334)

The chocolate female began to regret her last statement. It probably came out different than the way she thought it would. Yet how else would she have said it? She had only spoken what was on her mind. But she supposed it could have been phrased in a kinder way. When Claudius spoke again his words warmed her heart and made her regret her earlier statement even more.

"You're right Claudius," she began enthusiastically her mood brightening a bit, "I've never really thought of it like that before..." She had spent too long away from her birthpack that she had forgotten what home really was. Perhaps her mind had twisted the memories of this place while she was away, letting her only remember the good times and making it seem more like a dream than reality far off in her memories. She had returned thinking that she had matured much more than the last time, yet she had been naive.

Returning home didn't mean she was coming back to slip into her old life and carrying on that way. It was about coming back to loved ones and those that cared for her. "As long as we're together that's the only family I need. Thanks Claudius." She shot her brother a meaningful glance, grateful for his love and support. She was just afraid that someday she might let him down. But for now she could at least enjoy the sights and smells of home, aware of her belly beginning to grumble rather loudly. It had been quite a while since she had eaten her last meal. Ignoring it for a moment, maybe she would ask him what was for dinner later but right now didn't seem like the right time to ask such a selfish thing. "So tell me, there must have been happier times in my absence? Have you improved any skills?" She had picked up a few things herself, like how to make huts, but she was eager to hear about him.

[/html]
I think so, yeah. :O (250)

.claudius02 {width:90%; padding-bottom:5%; font-family:georgia; font-size:1.1em;margin:0 auto;text-align:left;}
.claudius02 p {text-indent:5%; margin:0;padding:0}</style>

His expression brightened immediately when Oce accepted his comment. He felt himself beginning to smile in response and felt more like a family than he had been in months. Since Tayui’s depature, it’d been just him in AniWaya. Honoré had disappeared before Noir’s death, so even he didn’t know about his niece’s passing. Aurèle, too, and her rather rambunctious sons had left AniWaya too. Now, with Ocèane, perhaps they could make a ramshackle family. They still had Dawali too after all, and he was almost like a father. He was a leader, and that was pretty close.

Claudius gave her an encouraging smile when she pondered his comment, waiting for her to say something more. He didn’t want her to leave it at just that – he was curious to know if she really agreed with him, or if she was just humouring him. The last time she spoke, Claudius was glad to hear she agreed. He nodded quickly and wished he was still holding her hand so he could give it a big, warm squeeze. He missed the feeling of warmth – and of knowing that luperci was there and you weren’t just imagining it. He was about to mention something when she asked what he had been up to, and promptly forgot what he was going to say.

“I h-h-h-helped N… Nian R-R-Redtree b-build a hut,” he replied. “I’ve b-b-been dying things and r-r-reading a lot. Not hunting though. M-m-maybe we s-should find a-another t-tribe member to go hunting w-with.”

[/html]
[html]

Smile

She listened patiently as Claudius answered her question, discephering his stuttering speech. She sometimes felt bad for her brother, his speech problem seemed to cause him a bit of embarrasment, which seemed to make it worse. But growing up with him she was able to understand him even when it got really bad. If only there were some way to help him. Her ears perked up at the mention of hunting, "I'd love to go hunting with you," she began happily, "But who else would like to come hunting with us, it has been a while and I'm not sure I know most of the pack now..." Ocèane thought about this for a moment, she would really have to start meeting pack members, hopefully there were still old friends here. But even if there wasn't she could make new ones, surely more members had joined since she left.

Her black leathery nose twitched as she inhaled, picking out the different familiar smells. She found it very curious that smells brought back memories more clearly than mearly seeing something familiar. She remembered a time when she was younger, running about the village and playing with her siblings. Even the stangest smell conjured some memory, even if vauge. Ocèane suddenly realized she had skipped over the rest of what he had said. She spoke in a somewhat apologetic tone, she was just excited at the prospect of hunting with her brother, "It's good you have been keeping busy. Maybe you could try your dying skills on me sometime?" She hinted that last statement. She had no body modifications and was always curious about fur dying.

She felt suddenly happy again, like when she had first met Claudius at the border, fresh and new, returning to the world she had left behind. But there was a dark spot in the back of her mind, the knowledge of her sister and the true identity of their father. It lingered there, threatening to drag her down, but she wouldn't let it, she was happy now.

[/html]
Dawali thread is a go! Marit will have it up soon. Smile Also, sorry for the wait! I didn't realize I hadn't responded to this yet. >__<;

.claudius02 {width:90%; padding-bottom:5%; font-family:georgia; font-size:1.1em;margin:0 auto;text-align:left;}
.claudius02 p {text-indent:5%; margin:0;padding:0}</style>

Claudius was surprised she wanted to go hunting with him. He had never really proved himself to be an exceptionally capable hunter. Though, at the same time, wolves had to hunt to stay alive, so he had naturally learned during the many hunting trips with his family and tribe. He wasn’t anything compared to some of the members, especially Nayati, but he knew he could hold his own well enough. He might be rather weak and small compared to most males his age, but he wouldn’t let his sister down!

He grinned widely in response and then shrugged. It didn’t matter if it was just the two of them; they could still fell a smaller animal. Maybe they could try to dig an animal out of its burrow or harass it into surfacing. Claudius was about to suggest Nian as a hunting partner to make their little group a trio, but once Ocèane mentioned dyeing, he promptly forgot this.

“I-I-If y-y-you want me t-to, I’d like t-to,” he replied. Somehow, his wide grin was even bigger now! He was so happy that his sister was home and interested in doing things with him. He’d always liked Ocèane and Noir – they had always been so much fun when they were younger. “What do y-you want me to d-dye?”

[/html]