The one that I tried to write
These two should hook up sometime in the future, lolz. >_>

She was just turning to leave when she heard a voice behind her. Empusa turned around quickly, her hackles raising. Fight! She'd been raised to think for herself, and right now she was thinking that this whelp could be a definite threat. What if he tried to make her leave the lands? She'd fight with him if he wanted. She was a pretty good fighter.

But that didn't seem to be the case. He was speaking to her. She took in the words, not moving her posture....and then he sat down next to her. After a few moments she felt silly standing there, all poofed up. Her hair flattened back down and she looked back at him, clearly confused. He wanted to know why she was there...but he didn't want to fight? At Inferni they all liked to fight.

"I am from Inferni...ze coyotes. I am a princess" She announced. Her father was Vitium Lykoi--she was one of the family. "You vants to fight me?" She offered, scooting a few inches away from him.
[html]

<style='width:410px;padding:0px;border:1px solid black;background-color:#808080;'>

haha, that'd be crazy awesome!
Merit stared at the small canine before him. She was not familiar to him, and for this reason, Merit regarded her with interest. For a while, he had believed that he and his siblings were the only pups in all of 'Souls. But now, he'd learned that it was not so, especially after meeting another girl. He watched her quietly as she flattened her fur from its former position on end, which he assumed meant she had been frightened.

It was a funny thought, to think that he, Merit, had frightened someone. He smiled at the thought, realizing how truly unfrightening he really was. Still, it made him slightly proud to realize that he could make someone a bit worried. When she spoke, his emerald eyes widened slightly. A coyote? He'd heard his mother speak briefly of them, and he'd heard about Inferni before. His mother had said they were on good terms, if he could remember correctly. That meant he better not do anything stupid. When she spoke of being a princess, he raised his eyebrows. A princess? Really? "Oh," he said plainly, unsure how to go about speaking to a princess.

What came next was thoroughly unexpected. A girl wanted to fight him. What the--? Sure, he'd play fought with his sisters before, but never with another puppy. And a girl at that. A princess, even more! "Uh..me? Fight you? That kinda 'illy don't you think?" he questioned, cocking his head to the side. What an interesting meeting this was turning out to be!

[/html]
[html]Merit is so cute ^^ I <3 you/him xD

She sat calmly to wait for his answer. Faolin had told her that there would be wolves outside of Inferni and that they would want to fight...this one wasn't making sense. It didn't matter who was on good terms with who; they were starting to teach her on the coast that wolves were horrible creatures. And that eventually, Inferni was going to go through and destroy all of them.

At least, that's what Hybrid had made it seem like. She liked Hybrid--she got along with him pretty well. Faolin was softer than him--more motherly....sometimes it was hard staying with her. That and the fact that she lived with Gabriel, the leader...and the one that had denied her mother access to Inferni.

It was starting to make sense to her a little, though, why her mother wasn't let in. Her mother was a wolf. Well...a hybrid that looked like a wolf. How could someone that looked like her mother did survive with a clan of coyotes? She wasn't sure. Empusa was too young to understand morals, really.

"My grandmother was a very important coyote. My father, Vitium, her son. And zen me. You see, royalty seeps down through ze bloodlines. Who are your mother and father?" Maybe he was a prince. Then they could make a rightful marriage-a prince and a princess. But then...who would want to marry a wolf? Disgusting.

"But it iz the most fun thing to do. Here. I will make it easy for you. I run, and you catch--and zen we fight" She reached out, poking him with her forepaw, then started off into the forests. "Catch me if you can, wolf"[/html]
[html]

<style='width:410px;padding:0px;border:1px solid black;background-color:#808080;'>

lol, empusa is adorableee! minor powerplaying here.
Merit watched with wide, emerald eyes, curious as to why she was here. She looked different than the other puppies he had met in his life, no doubt about that. She was kind of cute, but kind of scary at the same time. Inferni was not a new term to him and he'd heard his mother mention it before. A pack of coyotes was what it was, and while they were on fairly bad terms with most packs, from what Merit understood, Jaded Shadows was not.

When the tiny female explained just how she was a princess, Merit started to get it. So her blood was royal, and that made her royal. Well, his mother led this clan, along with Tayui. Did that make him a prince? "My mother is Fatin Kali, she is leader here. I don't like ta talk about my da'," he stated plainly. It didn't really make him sad to talk about him, for he didn't remember much about him. He just didn't like people to know his father had abandoned him, it made him embarrassed and gave him a feeling of uselessness.

He listened to her words and was just about to disagree when he felt her poke him and dart off in the opposite direction. A smile broke out upon his features at this. Oh, why not. Merit took off on a wild chase, racing after her tiny frame. He was on her tail now, nearing her with growing speed. Finally, he managed to get close enough and leaped upon her, pulling her to the ground. "Gotcha," he said, beaming.

[/html]
[html] ooc:// That's fine by me Big Grin

She was tearing off along the ground, her feet propelling her faster and faster, farther and farther away from him. She'd gotten a head start, that was for sure...she couldn't even see him following. And then there he was, running almost right behind her! Empusa frowned, pumping her long legs a little faster, trying to outdistance him. It wouldn't look good for him to catch her, not with all she'd just said about being a princess, and royalty and all.

And then a sudden weight. She tumbled to the ground, rolling the two of them over a few times before they came to a halt. He was on top of her, and she couldn't move. She tried to wiggle her legs, to get out from under him, but he weighed too much.

"Agh! Now zis is embarrassing--ze dog 'as caught me. I suppoze I am a damzel in distress now, no?"[/html]