Meeting new friends, trying new things
[html]
OOC here: SoSuWriMo AHOY!! Big Grin

Valinta sat at the very edge of Cercatori d'Arte territory, leaning against a tall, whizened tree, literally half in the Cercatori territory, half out of it. She was terribly bored and lonely and not cold at all, for some odd reason. Despite the fact that the temperatures had to be below freezing or somewhere in that range, it was odd that the female suffered no adverse affects to the cold. Of course, hailing from Russia, that was not a problem at all.
Mentally complaining about the horrible, terrible, all-encompasing boredom and how she needed a buddy, Valinta stared out into space, absently seeing the snow flurries and what few random leaves remained skittering about in the wind's breezes. But not really. She mostly saw pictures from storybooks Margaret had read to her, and her father had read to her. Terrifying monsters being vanquished by handsome knights in shining armor, beautiful princesses crying and singing their love to strong princes.
She was a fanciful child, but if it was something that got you through monotany and dreadful boredom, then it was something perfectly acceptable... Or at least, that's what Valinta had been told as a child. The people that had taught her those learning hadn't lived long enough to help bring her forward from childhood to adolecense, let alone adulthood. Her mother hadn't even lived long enough to take her from birth to toddler.
But the past was the past, and Valinta left it be. Right now, in her dismal, snowy present, she was 'surveying' the border, 'making sure intruders didn't try and get in'. All of which was Valinta-speak for 'I'm too tired to do anything'. And whatever presence in the sky had to know that. She was absolutely kippered. Dancing when it was cold was not nearly as much fun as dancing in the summer.

Valinta Speaks

<style type="text/css">
.Valinta b {font-weight:normal; color:#d38870; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.Valintaooc {text-align:left;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;color:#fff;}
.Valinta p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 10px 1px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Valinta {margin:0 auto; width:440px; background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... ntatab.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #fff; padding: 270px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#fff; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Yay! SSWM: 642

A pack named Cercatori d'Arte had intrigued Sage, and though her loyalties lie quite firm with Inferni for the moment, she felt the urge to investigate this group. A band of canine artists of all kinds was truly a lovely thought; she wondered of their affiliation with the coyote species, and suddenly felt a pang of regret. It was a shame that some of Inferni's members tainted it's name into something menacing and terrible, though the girl supposed that had been their original intent. Maybe she and her sisters, and hopefully Daddy, if he could be found, could all help turn Inferni into a friendlier place. The tawny girl thought of how something like that might go over with the leaders, whom she knew little of, aside from grandmother Kaena. It was true that the clan was at a shaky peace with their recent enemy, Dahlia de Mai, but that did not keep it's members from acting out against other creatures which came to their land.

Sage was always one to welcome others, and could hardly dream of harming someone else. Well, maybe I could...If someone hurt China or Clover... she thought, briefly. Her sisters meant the world to her, almost literally, and if they became threatened she would certainly defend them, with whatever resources and skills she could muster. Quickly she shook this terrible idea out of her mind, and focused her yellow eyes ahead.

A scent brought by the wind entered her nose, and it was strong, and not Inferni's. She was nearing this pack's borders, she thought. This must be it! With a grin she continued her walk, speeding up slightly now. In the breeze, her dark brown waves rustled, and she moved a hand to her face to push a lock behind her ear, knocking to the ground the joint that had been tucked there. Oh no! she thought, and glanced to the ground to see if she could find it. Barely, the offwhite paper peeked through the dying brush and she picked it up with slender fingers. Thankfully, she put the thing to her lips, removing her lighter from her satchel and sparking the joint. The earth child took several long puffs from the thing as she approached the border.

By the time she reached Cercatori d'Arte's borders, the high had begun to effect her quite a bit. She was in a very happy daze, however, eyelids heavy and a large grin upon her face.

The girl spotted a dark female figure not so far away, beside a tree that seemed to be right on the pack's borderline. Excited to see another canine, Sage ran forward to greet the woman. The other lady was lovely to look at; her fur was mostly ebony, with a luscious creme underbelly and pretty yellow eyes, much like Sage's own. The girl was standing by herself, and did not seem supremely interested in her life at the moment. Maybe Sage could help that!

"Hello there, lovely! You look a bit bored, hmm?" she commented, her voice gentle, dreamy, and quite friendly. "Do you live here? I'm so interested in this pack..." she asked, taking another drag from the joint between her fingers as she did so. "My name is Sage River Lykoi." she introduced herself, including her middle name because she loved it so.

Maybe this girl could provide her with some company for the day, at least. Sage did need more friends, after all. So far she'd met a few that she'd liked, like Strelein, but besides her sisters she didn't know too many people here. And for her, it wouldn't matter where they lived. She did love to travel, after all.

<style>
.sagepot-text {padding:0px 7px;}
.sagepot {padding:5px 0px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.sagepot b {color:#8e891e; font-weight:medium;}
.sagepot {width:350px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/k ... epot-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:196px 0px 6px 0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#71b007; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:2px dotted #71b007;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC: Neglecting the table because the constant copy/pasting is getting to me. Table, link, table link. I'm going insane. o-e

Valinta looked curiously at the female and smiled, standing up to be respectful. She tilted her head, as she was wont to do, and then shrugged.
The smile broke into a grin when she heard the other female's words. "Lovely, eh? How kind of you, however true or untrue it may be." Valinta murmered. Extending her right hand, she introduced herself. "I be called Valinta LeStrange. I do reside in this pack." her smile tightened and her mouth became a thin line. "Though I've been getting urges to leave. she said moodily.
The other female looked like she was a coyote, she had the coloring and she was smaller than most of the wolves that Valinta had seen. She smelled like coyote, that was for sure. Sage River Lykoi. Wasn't Lykoi the surname of the Inferni sub-leader? Mentally shrugging, Valinta discared the thought. She wasn't in the mood to care.
"I am slightly bored." she said with a small smile. "My art is not a fun one when it's cold. Messes with your joints, makes you prone to a crippling injury." The female nodded along with some imaginary music until she smelled something she'd never scented before. It came from the small thing in Sage's hand.
"What's that?" Valinta asked curiously, looking at the object.

[/html]
[html]

Lol, it's okay. SSWM: 602

"Lovely, eh? How kind of you, however true or untrue it may be." came the words of the dark female before her.

Sage smiled warmly, and nodded.

"I only speak the truth, my dear..." she spoke quietly as she took another puff from the joint smoldering between her fingers.

The Lykoi girl was always honest; there was no reason not to be. Unless, of course, the truth would damage someone else. Even then, though, she felt that it was better than a lack of truth. Lies only caused drama and heartbreak; things that the hippie girl avoided with every inch of her being. The world should be perfectly capabale of living in harmony with one another, without all the violence and deceit that existed. It was sad to think of this, and so instead she tuned into the female's voice once again.

"I be called Valinta LeStrange. I do reside in this pack." the girl introduced herself, presenting a hand along with it.

"It's a pleasure, Valinta...These lands are beautiful." she said, placing her hand delicately into Valinta's, giving a gentle, but friendly shake.

"Though I've been getting urges to leave." Valinta added quickly, almost as if it was unimportant.

"Leave your pack? Oh, my...Why might you want to do that?" Sage asked, truly concerned.

She knew from experience that leaving a pack you belonged to was so troubling, emotionally. The Lykoi girl frequently longed for the freedom and community of Juniper Peace, but always remembered that she was here for a reason, and that these lands were now her home. The girl believed that she would find peace here, and plenty of friends as well, to lift her spirits up again. Her sisters would help, as well, of course.

"I am slightly bored." the girl mentioned, and Sage nodded a simple response, taking another hit from the joint.

"My art is not a fun one when it's cold. Messes with your joints, makes you prone to a crippling injury." stated the other woman.

"You're a dancer, then, love?" she inquired, interested. "I do like to draw, myself. Just for fun." she stated happily.

Sage loved art, as well. In particular, the hippie girl enjoyed singing, although she truthfully was not all that great at it. Drawing and sketching was more her style, and she did that as often as possible; it thrilled her to be able to recreate nature on paper, and take that life with her wherever she went.

"What's that?" asked Valinta, her eyes on the joint between Sage's fingers.

"Oh, this?" she held it up to her lips as she said it, inhaling a small puff. "It's marijuana, sweetie. Actually," she mused, "it might do to help some of that joint pain... Would you like some?" she said with a smile, extending her hand to offer it to the pretty girl.

It was her philosophy that everyone should try it, at least once. There was really nothing terrible about the drug, besides the inhalation of the smoke itself. The drug's effects were so pleasant that she had taken to smoking nearly every day, and she enjoyed every high just as much. It made everything better, to her; she appreciated Mother Earth's work so much more, and the colors of the world were so much brighter and more beautiful. These were things she just could not get enough of.

<style>
.sagepot {width:350px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/k ... epot-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:196px 0px 6px 0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#71b007; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:2px dotted #71b007;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC: and BAM! Valinta's addicted XDD

Valinta smiled when the woman said she spoke the truth. As much as she didn't believe that, she didn't care. Someone probably wouldn't lie about their honesty. That would be slightly... well, stupid, really.
"These lands are beautiful," she said. They were. Valinta nodded, acknowledging the fact. It was a beautiful place to live.
Valinta laughed softly when the female asked why she'd want to leave her pack. "I meant that I've been wanting to just wander around, not leave it entirely." She shrugged. "Most of my life has been wandering up until recently."
"I do dance." Valinta acknowledged softly. She was proud of her art, she worked hard at it. "I've tried sketching a few times," Valinta chuckled. "It didn't turn out too well. I am not as skilled at that as others are."
She was offered the marijuana. "Marijuana..?" Valinta murmered. Taking the joint into her slim fingers, she put it to her lips and inhaled. Maybe too much. Doubling over, she started hacking and then looked up, tears dampening her fur. "I think I did it wrong." she rasped, and offered Sage the joint back.
[/html]
[html]

Oops, sorry it's so long! Lol. And we all know weed isn't addictive...Only habit-forming. ;D SSWM: 822

"I meant that I've been wanting to just wander around, not leave it entirely." the dark woman said, gently correcting Sage. ""Most of my life has been wandering up until recently."

"Oh, I'm sorry love... I suppose I assume too much, sometimes." she smiled again, adding "I tend to wander a lot, too. My old pack traveled quite a bit, so I got very used to the sensation of always moving around...It's comforting, in a way. Not so comforting in others..."

She had adored Juniper Peace, and still did in many ways, but felt the urge to both settle down for some time, as well as find her father. So far, only one of those had happened. The young girl hoped to stay in Inferni for many of her days, although she did wander away from the grounds fairly often. She was glad for the ability to travel within the area without many repercussions. It was fun to her, to be able to visit all of the other packs if she liked, making friends in each as she went. The girl hoped to eventually establish a number of comrades in each group, if possible, and the ebony girl before her was providing a good start. Maybe she'd even be able to meet some leaders here, soon.

"I do dance." Valinta confirmed.

"Ahh, beautiful. Care to show me?" Sage urged gently, longing to see some of the arts that this pack possessed.

Although Sage was not much of a dancer herself, she did enjoy it occasionally, but she was by no means skilled. Partying was something she was good at, however, and she did that as often as possible. The Lykoi girl was truly more of a songstress than anything else, but that, too, was something she did not share frequently. Her drawings and sketches were her pride, and these she would share generously and often with others, if they cared to look. Sometimes, friends or acquaintances might model for her, something that was very exciting, as she much preferred a live model than an inanimate one. The girl considered the world and its growth very much alive, although it was slightly more interesting to her to have a model that could speak, and change pose at will.

"I've tried sketching a few times," Valinta said with a chuckle, "It didn't turn out too well. I am not as skilled at that as others are."

"That's okay, you can't always be good at everything; though it'd sure be nice, hm?" her dreamy voice spilled out, a grin on her face.

As Sage handed over the joint to the young dancer, her yellow eyes followed closely. It was always fun for her, watching new people experience the lovely drug for the first time. Often, they reported negative things, such as coughing, burning throat, and dry mouth. All of these were common, of course, and with practice would dissipate. The dry mouth, however, never really went away. Sage simply learned that she needed to drink water more often when smoking, and tended to search for water sources frequently. Maybe soon she should sew herself a nice waterskin to carry around, something that she'd seen others carry occasionally. That was a good idea.

Valinta coughed quite a bit, exhaling a fairly large cloud of smoke for someone so new to the drug. Sage couldn't help but giggle a bit; not purposefully making fun of the girl, but simply remembering her own first time, and those of others. Her first time had been when she was much younger, with her father and mother both still present...It had been a lovely day, and had turned out even better after experiencing the drug. She felt a brief pang of sadness, missing her parents and Juniper Peace, although she was happy enough to be making new friends and living with her wonderful sisters.

"I think I did it wrong." Valinta managed to choke out, still clearing her throat.

"Ah, I don't think so..." she laughed, "It's not uncommon at all to cough like that, although you did take quite a bit of smoke." Sage said gently. "Let me know if you get thirsty, we can go find some water; there is surely some nearby?" she offered quietly, in anticipation of the drug's side effects.

The other woman's eyes were damp from the coughing fit she had just recovered from, and Sage's eyebrows raised slightly, a grin still across her face in an expression that said something akin to: You gunna be okay, man? All jovial and friendly, of course.

The hippie child took the joint back from Valinta, finishing it off with a few quick, deep puffs before flicking it away, a small line of smoke following gently as it tumbled to the cold, hard ground. This would be a fun evening.

<style>
</style>
[/html]