unafraid to face any foe!
[html]

Jazper! Dated to January 11.

The Knight boy’s two-tone gaze loomed around the doorway to his parents’ room. His father had been recovering for what seemed like forever to him since the bear had hurt him. He bared his bright white puppy teeth at the thought of that day. It had never occurred to him before in his short life that his father could be harmed. As far as Enzo was concerned, his father was the strongest, fastest, most heroic wolf ever, and his mother was the smartest and most beautiful lady ever, followed closely by his Zia Savi and his cousin Amata. With a mental sigh he supposed

With his mind dwelling on the incident with the bear, a plan formed within his mind. He did not know how long his dad would be hurt. What if the bear came back and went after his sister this time? Fia was so much smaller than himself and his brother. And even though the bear had turned out to be Denali’s friend, what if another bear came along? There had to be more than one of those kinds of things! The answer was obvious to Enzo. He would have to become a warrior like his dad, and team up with his brother. It would have to be secret, of course, because then they could be like a secret weapon. He had wrestled with his brother just the day before; he knew how strong Tony could be! They would be unstoppable.

More wrestling would be in order so that they could get as much practice as possible; that much was obvious. But the more Lorenzo considered it, the more he realized that he had left one vital part out. A weapon! His father always carried a massive sword. If Lorenzo and Tony even flashed that wickedly sharp thing at an intruder, they would probably just run away scared. With the sword, he knew that they would be unstoppable. Enzo walked into his parents’ room with renewed purpose, nearly tripping over his too big paws as he approached the sword’s resting place. Gingerly, he took the hilt between his teeth and began tugging at it. Man, was it heavy! But he figured that he had better get used to it, if he was going to be a defender of Crimson Dreams. With less patience, he began tugging on the hilt in earnest.

<style type="text/css">
.ghitajazbabe03 b {font-weight:bold; color:#ddd9d9; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #3b322d; }
.ghitajazbabe03-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3b322d; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #bcaea1; text-align:right;}
.ghitajazbabe03 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.ghitajazbabe03 {margin:0 auto; width:450; background-color:#bcaea1; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... bcaea1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 140px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3b322d; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #bcaea1; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.ghitajazbabe03-border1 {width:452px; border:1px solid #ffffff; margin:0 auto;}
.ghitajazbabe03-line1 {width:420px; border-bottom:1px solid #ddd9d9; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#394+

[/html]
[html]

WC:372

Even though his injury was healing well enough he figured he would take it easy on the boarder patrols that he had just started getting back to. It was now certain, due to the depth that the wound had been, and the amount of time it was taking to fully recover, that he would end up with a nice scar from the top of his chest and wrapping diagonally down to his middle. As it was he could probably go without the bandages wrapped around his middle to his arm pits but Amata insisted he should continue wearing one layer of bandages at the least to keep if from getting infected or reopening. But now he could move around with a certain ease in his breathing. As long as he walked there was no pain in his chest. It wasn't until he tried running that he found out that the deeper breathe caused the wound to expand and send stabbing pains into his lungs.

Today he had managed a couple of laps around the territories without any trouble. Heading back to the manor he felt a sense of pride, maybe he could return to normal now. Stepping inside he shook his coat, sending the wet drops flying in all directions before he headed upstairs towards his room. Upon walking up to the door he could hear grunting sounds, as if the pups were wrestling again. Opening the door he was prepared to ignore the boys behavior and leave them to settle things on their own. In the natural world he had been born into pups fought each other to show dominance and find a rank in their family. However, this was not what he walked in on. Instead of play fighting pups he was faced with little Lorenzo using his teeth to tug his sword out of the sheath. Shocked he walked quickly towards the pup, picking him up from behind he grunted in slight pain. “Lorenzo!” He scolded placing him on the bed. “That's dangerous.” His voice returned to a softer concerned tone. With the injury it was hard to carry any extra weight around so he had left he sword behind but not in the safest of places...obviously.

[/html]
[html]

Big Grin .

Lorenzo did not even realize that he had been caught until he felt his father’s hands seize him and suddenly pull him away from his task. The Knight boy jerked reflexively and he heard the metallic clang of the sword hitting the floor. So, that’s what I should have been doing all along! Lorenzo thought to himself as he found himself swiftly lifted away from his fallen prize. Disgruntled, the child began to squirm within his father’s grasp. It did not take long for him to regain his own footing as his father settled him down upon the bed.

”I’s protect you!” Lorenzo said with frustration evident in his voice. He whined slightly as his eyes rounded. Two toned irises looked upon the large figure that his father cut. His eyes fell to the bandages that seemed to engulf the middle portion of his body. He knew that the layers of bandages had lessened, but that did not detract from the fact that his invincible father was still injured and unable to do the things he used to do. Plus, Amata had already told him that he could not pounce upon his father’s middle yet, one of the boy’s favorite pastimes. He would know that his father was truly well again when he could tackle him and bounce on his middle once more.

Lorenzo was usually far more dutiful and obedient, but seeing his father attacked by that huge, gruesome creature had shaken the Knight boy. Things that he accepted as reality – such as his father’s unfailing strength – had been changed. The foundations upon which he had built his life had been altered, and he could only try to deal with it the best way he knew how to. Until his father could be a warrior again, Lorenzo would gladly put himself in the face of danger for the good of his family and his pack.

The Knight boy hopped down from the bed in short order and immediately made a beeline for his father’s legs. He bumped at the giant’s shins with his shoulder and snout, urging him toward the bed. ”Siddown, siddown, Daddy! You’s not good. You’s bandages.” he said, trying to sound as much like his mother as possible. If there was one wolf that could make his father listen, it would be his fiery spirited mother. Certainly his father had to see the logic in this all! He decided not to explain himself and simply turned back to the fallen blade, setting his teeth at the hilt and tugging in earnest.

<style type="text/css">
.ghitajazbabe03 b {font-weight:bold; color:#ddd9d9; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #3b322d; }
.ghitajazbabe03-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3b322d; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #bcaea1; text-align:right;}
.ghitajazbabe03 {margin:0 auto; width:450; background-color:#bcaea1; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... bcaea1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 140px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3b322d; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #bcaea1; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.ghitajazbabe03-line1 {width:420px; border-bottom:1px solid #ddd9d9; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#425+

[/html]
[html]

WC:509

Seeing he boy with the sword in his little jaws had scared the warrior. He could have sliced his muzzle on it and no one would have been around to help him! If the Knight's ego wasn't damaged by now with the bandages clearly marking his latest injury Lorenzo's pushing and words hurt him more than ever. The little shoves caused Jazper to land sitting on the bed. “Hey hey hey now!” He scolded as he flopped onto his flank. The boys clear frustration showed on his little face and worried his father. What could a pup be so concerned about? Taking in the next words from Lorenzo's mouth Jazper was left in shock. It was his fault that his son was getting into trouble and trying to protect everyone with a sword that could do him more damage than help.

A frown appeared on his own face as he watched his son with guilt. He had tried to do the right thing, something he would have done for anyone being. Jumping at that bear was an action he would do over and over again, heck he would take more damage if it meant he got the chance to defend Savina again but he hadn't expected his boys to be so affected. The timber wolf colored pup was usually full of jokes and laughs but this situation was very far from his usual behavior. His son seemed to believe that he needed to be protected, that he was incapable of defended the family in this state, and the sad part was that he wasn't far off. Still, the protection of the pack, and of himself, was not somethin a pup should be worrying himself about.

br>
Snatching his son away from the sword once more he sat the boy on his lap. “Now listen here Enzo.” He sternly spoke, demanding his son's attention. This was a conversation he wanted Lorenzo to know was very serious and important. There would be non of this putting himself in dangerous situations because he felt the need to protect adults. “You and I both know that the bear hurt me badly and I wont lie to you I'm not in the best condition but I can move around now. I am getting better.” He emphasized that he was getting better, reassuring the multihued boy. “It isn't your job to try and protect anyone. If someone is in trouble you help them by getting an adult. You're little right now and someday you'll be bigger than most of the adults and you can run around protecting anyone you want but right now your only job is to learn, have fun, and play with your brother and sister.” Amber eyes searched his son hopefully for some sign of giving up his current task. The last thing he wanted was for his boy to grow up thinking his father was incapable, “I am hurt because I was protecting my family Lorenzo. I am hurt but you're all okay. Everything will be fine.”

That's dangerous His voice returned to a softer concerned tone. With the injury it was hard to carry any extra weight around so he had left he sword behind but not in the safest of places...obviously.

[/html]
[html]

<3

Lorenzo just sat and stared at his father for a few moments. His bi-colored eyes reflected his father’s image, violet and blue irises casting back the reflection of the large, dark male. His father, his hero, did not approve of his plan. His ears lowered, flicking back to cover his head and he tucked his tail between his back legs as this information sunk in. He felt very discouraged. He was certain that his plan would be foolproof. But his father did not think the he could protect those that he loved, even though he really wanted to. ”I’s not good enough?” he asked in a small tone, cringing a little bit as he waited for the answer.

Tony always talked a big game about being a warrior one day. Did his father think that Tony would be the better choice? He did not dare speak this question, because he feared the answer. He also knew that it would be of no use to express his jealousy about his brother. His parents had told him on multiple occasions that he was loved, and he knew that very well. But did they love Tony just a little more? Lorenzo knew for a fact that they had been born the same, but had Tony just developed more skills and more bravery? What could he do to make his father believe in him? “Tony’ll help me,” Enzo added grudgingly, hoping that his father would see the merit of his plan with the addition of his brother in the mix.

”I know WHY you did it…but I’ll do it for you now,” Lorenzo insisted, his ears rising off their prone position against his skull. He could stand his father’s disapproval as long as he would be safe along with the rest of his family. “I don’t wanna play with Fia,” Lorenzo said sullenly. ”Is wanna protect her.” Fia was so small compared to himself and Tony. How could she possibly fight off a monster bear? He wondered why his father couldn’t see the logic in his plans. He knew that they would work perfectly. Sure, he would need some practice before he would be a top rate warrior like his father, but he would work really hard at it. He would even take time out of playing and napping to do it. It was that important! ”I’mma work really hard,” Lorenzo said carefully, looking eagerly to his father for approval. There had to be a way to change his mind.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
#416+

[/html]
[html]

WC:365

As he spoke he noticed Lorenzo's change in how he was holding himself. No longer was be applying a dominant personality, trying to push his father in his direction. Golden eyes watched as his son began to lower his tail between his legs and his large ears flattened against his small head. Instantly he started to feel distressed by the action. What had he said to cause such a negative reaction? Suddenly the answer reached his ears in the form of another question. Guilt once again filled him. Lately he had become very pron to this particular emotion. Allowing his brain to search for what to say he began to stutter, words not quite forming “I-I...Lorenzo..I mean...What?” He was confused. Why would he think his son wasn't good enough?

The protests and questions continued as he listened intently trying to find the words to answer what his boy was asking. It was obvious that Enzo believed with all his hear that he could protect the family, even his father. Perhaps he felt bad that he had said the boy was too small? Trying to follow his sons train of thought he quickly spoke up, “Of course you can defend the pack Enzo!” Standing up he grabbed his sword and placed it up on a shelf before sitting back on the bed. “You just have to do it with caution.” Quickly thinking he started to speak again, “Sure I can take on a trespasser but Savina and your mom were there. There's no use trying to protect everyone else if you're going to hurt yourself and leave them exposed. When there's trouble you can't handle you call for help, just like your mother did.” He spoke with a gentle tone trying to coax the young boy back into his prior persistence. “You are just as capable of protecting others as your brother Enzo. You both have your own skills. He's a guy that takes control and does what he wants and you listen to others and make them smile. You're on even ground son.” It was hard having two boys. Why did they feel the need to compete with each other?
[/html]