Just a walk in the park...
[html]

wc 203; sorry for the sucky short post...

Davyn sat quietly at the edge of the pasture overlooking the ranch, parchment and charcoal in hand. With the blanket of snow cozily covering the land around him, he found an irresistible pull to draw the charm that surrounded him. He had settled in nicely here, and had begun to rise in the ranks. He sighed, nodding to himself. His fingers skittered across the page, eyes wandering across the landscape, endeavoring to take in every possible detail.

The breeze kicked up, causing him to shiver slightly. He was careful to erase the lines that he had made mistakes on, depicting an almost exact replica of the scene that was laid out in front him. The livestock stood huddled together, conserving and sharing body heat, and the snow glistening in the fading light. The silver male stood silently, studying the change in the light, watching as the sun slowly set and the frost began to take hold of the land.

He marveled at the peace he felt inside; he felt at home, something he hadn’t felt since before he left Ireland. The scenery reminded him a lot of Ireland, but there was a peace here that Davyn hadn’t been able to find anywhere else.

<style type="text/css">
.davynsnow b {font-weight:bold; color:#021F2B; letter-spacing:1px; }
.davynsnow .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.davynsnow p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.davynsnow {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#EAEEF9; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/i5bp0h.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 238px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

table © Alaine
ooc: lol that's okay, mine is short and sucky too

The daylight was quickly drawing to an end as Xeris walked through the lands, returning from an evening hunt. Tonight she chose to return to her home by way of the ranch; perhaps she would find one of its inhabitants. Golden eyes scanned the ranch house and found it dark and seemingly empty. The scarred female rounded the house and came upon the pasture, where the livestock were grazing. There was someone else here; she thought at first that it was someone she knew but as she came closer she found that her initial thought was wrong. Surely there were many new members of the pack who she hadn't met yet, having been away for such a long time. She approached the unfamiliar male; he smelled of the Valley.

"Hello there," she said softly, looking over at the male from a respectful distance. Xeris noticed an odd object in his hand, and crept slightly closer to see what it was. Looking over the gray male's shoulder, the white wolfess saw the drawing he was making and her eyes widened with interest. "Did you make that? You are very talented."

[/html]
[html]

wc 204

The male closed his eyes, savoring the scent of the frost. It was crisp, biting, and Davyn knew that he would soon have to return to the warmth of his den, but for the time being, he was simply content to sit here. When the female approached him, he stood quickly, hoping to not disrespect her. He cast aside the parchment as he bowed deeply. "Good evening, milady." Davyn was never one to disrespect any woman who approached him; he had learned at an early age that women appreciated the respect.

When she commented on his talent, he blushed lightly, shaking his head slightly. "Thank you for the compliment, miss, but that--" gesturing to the parchment "--is only a soulless sketch. It's nothing compared to the actual thing." The black and silver male glanced at the ranch, now completely encompassed in darkness.

"I beg pardon, milady, for not introducing myself." He berated himself. How could he have forgotten? Normally he introduced himself within the first few moments... "I am Davyn Nefae, Tenens." He listed his rank in the pack automatically; it was habit, teachings drilled into him. One always listed rank when introducing oneself to a wolf who was obviously above your rank.

<style type="text/css">
.davynsnow .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.davynsnow {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#EAEEF9; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/i5bp0h.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 238px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

table © Alaine
ooc: sorry for the wait and for this being very sucky.

Xeris watched the male as he stood up to greet her. He seemed very respectful; it wasn't often that Xeris came across a wolf who acted like he did. She also noted his formal tone and way of speaking, and concluded that there was a refined air about him. The scarred white female was slightly surprised, however, when he seemed to cast off her compliment, as if his drawing was nothing. As one who didn't even know how to make pictures like that, Xeris thought it was quite beautiful. Her golden eyes followed his gaze across the ranch, looking upon the animals in the darkness. She had never really spent time around the livestock, not exactly knowing what to do with them.

He introduced himself--again, very formally--and Xeris smiled and introduced herself in return."It's a pleasure to meet you, Davyn. My name is Xeris." She hesitated for a moment, many subjects crossing her mind, thinking of which one to talk about. "How long have you been in Phoenix Valley? I don't believe I've seen you before. Though that could have been due to my recent absence."

[/html]
[html]

*cries* I think my muse has run away from me...wc 171

Davyn shook his head. "No, milady, I have not been here long. I came here in November...I have heard much about the fair white wolf, but I have yet to know your name, milady." His ears perked, eager to hear her name, and possibly find more information of what Phoenix Valley had been like in the past, as she implied that she had lived her for a while before.

The male looked down at the sketch he had done of the lands layed out in front of them, now cloaked in darkness. The female had shown so much interest in it that he could not help but decide o give it to her. Art well appreciated always deserved a good home.

"Milady, since you appreciate this simple sketch so much, I would like you to have it. It's not often that an artist finds a good home for his work, and I can tell that your home is the best place for it." He handed the parchment to her, smiling slightly.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

table © Alaine

The gray male responded that he had only been here since last month, and she nodded. "Yes, I only returned last month as well," Xeris replied. "I had been...elsewhere. A place called Heritage Retreat. I am Xeris de Heritage, you see; our family is named after the wolf heritage that we tried to stick to...which as you can see, I ended up not sticking to." She shrugged her human-like optime shoulders, giving something of a small smile.

She was rather surprised when Davyn decided to give the sketch to her, but she smiled at him warmly. "Thank you very much, Davyn," she told him sincerely. "Perhaps I can put it up in my cabin. Say, where did you learn to draw like this? I don't even know how to use human instruments like that. Can you read, too?" Xeris had been raised as a wolf, not as a Luperci, after all, and she knew very little about human things like reading and writing.

[/html]
Where had he learned to draw? "My mother taught me, bless her soul. She was the only one who really supported my learning the arts. She persuaded my father to split his time with me so that she could teach me how to read, write, and draw..." Davyn smiled slightly, glad his memories were starting to come back. They meant so much to him, and even temporarily losing them had made Davyn feel helpless, and ashamed that he could not recall his past.

"Milady, if I might ask, how did you come to the Valley? Who was here when you came here, when you left for that short time..." Davyn raised his eyes to meet hers. "I want to learn so much about this place that I have come to, and I wonder if you, fair lady, would be able to help me out?"
[html]

table © Alaine

Xeris listened with intrigue to Davyn's explanation, though it was short. It sounded like his past was vastly different from hers. "I see," she replied. "My mother and father were both regular wolves, and disliked the concept of Luperci living a human-like lifestyle." Her packmate then went on to ask her about how she came to the Valley. His curiosity reminded her of herself; she just hoped that he, unlike her, would not accidentally be led into danger by it.

"How did I come here?" she began. Her past was a rather touchy subject, but nowhere near as much so as the recent events in her life, so she supposed that she could tell him. "I was born in a place south of here, to a pack without Luperci, led by my father. He feared the Luperci, feared that by living like humans and being like humans, the wolves might make the same mistakes as humans and wipe themselves out." She paused, running events through her mind and deciding how best to explain her story. "I was attacked by a Luperci and his blood mixed with mine; I, too, became able to shift. And thus, I was banished from my homeland, and I stumbled upon this place." He had also asked who else was here. She thought back to before, remembering the many faces she had seen come and go over the months she had spent in the Valley. "When I first arrived, Jefferson was still the leader of the pack. But the subleader was different, his name was DaVinci. He was the one who accepted me here, but he disappeared for some reason. I don't know who else you have met, but several of the current members were there as well. Ty and Rendall, though they also were absent for a time; Pendzez, my mate; and a few others that came and went."

[/html]
Davyn noted everything she said, and her accent, delicate as it was, was like music to his ears. He was eager to learn, and her words helped him understand the place he was now calling home. As she spoke, his fingers twitched, wanting to write what she said. For now, his memory would have to do/

"What are the seasons like here? In Ireland, all of the seasons kind of blended into each other...they were all really rainy, from what little I remember." He shook his head sadly. "My memories are faded of home, but I recall a lot of rain." He remembered rolling hills, but the memories brought on an onslaught of terror filled screams, and a dark male voice telling him that... Davyn gritted his teeth, shoving the memory aside. He refused to let those thoughts darken this place.

Davyn reached for a spare piece of parchment, and as she spoke, he sketched out her form aimlessly, trying to capture the grace that filled her aura. His hand flew across the page, and he glanced down as he finished it, handing the parchment to her.