fortunate fool [p]
[html]

For the lovely niro/shaw :] 365 words.

Ezra had been so wrapped up in his own life that being a part of the pack was put on the backburner. Ezra always loved being social, but since Cour des Miracles was the first pack that Ezra wasn’t blood related to , he didn’t feel the need as strongly to know who he was sharing his home with. Ezra had Ever and King Vigilante and that was good enough for him. The rest of the pack, well, he knew nothing about them and in the six months since he joined he hadn’t been interested in learning about anyone else. Now that things with Ever were settling down, he figured it was time to try learning about everyone else in the packland.

It was obvious, he knew, that he was an unknown creature in the Court. But after traveling for so long on his own it was hard to settle down. Settling down made him think of the family he left behind, too, and that didn’t help his loneliness. He missed his family immensely. He never spoke of them to Ever, only because it hurt too much to bring it up. As the couple set up their new home together, every night that Ezra returned to his den he thought more and more about the life he was leaving behind. It was too hard to think about sometimes. He missed them immensely, but to be fair, it was his decision to leave his old family in order to start a new one. And that was his responsibility now, whether he liked it or not.

The January morning broke clear, and a little warmer than usual. It made the wind not so biting. Stretching, the mutt aimlessly walked out of his earthen home looking for things to do. The fact that he knew virtually no one here became ever more apparent as the mutt woke up in a bad mood, temporarily haunted by dreams of his sisters. Angry at himself, and determined to change this today, Ezra let out a howl. The hulking figure walked to his favorite willow tree by his home, and sat there, angry at himself, hoping someone would answer his friendly call.

<style>
.ezradark-text {padding:0px 5px;}
.ezradark p {padding:5px 0px; text-indent:15px; margin:5px;}
.ezradark b {color:#607d14; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; }
.ezradark {width:400px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#24231f; background-image:url(http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/6749/souls59.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:6px 0px 246px 0px; font-family: 'palatino linotype', palatino, serif; font-size:13px; color:#c5bca3; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:3px double #000000;}
</style>
[/html]

Table by Fae! <333
[html]

WC: 569 +5 OOC: Sorry about the length, I had ot make at least one long post today HAHA

Niro was in the process of checking traps… as usual, and as usual he was getting nothing. He sighed, his second to last trap was empty, he didn’t figure that it would be anything but, as it was freezing out and he didn’t know the migratory habits of all the raptors that lived here, he would have to document it. For now he would just have to check his last trap. Moving along the invisible path he couldn’t help but wish that he had not gotten injured in the most important time of year for a falconer, especially someone as new as he was at it. Tobias was finally warming up to the young man, but he was still as wild as he’d been when Niro had caught him. He was now letting him sleep where he wanted in the stables, and figured the bird would soon enough fly away on his own. But he hadn’t and since he had not, Niro had kept up with the birds training. Though Tobias did it very grudgingly. Niro didn’t blame the bird, he was a stubborn little thing. Marahute on the other hand, she was easy to teach, quick to pick up on things, and in all words, better of the two birds. That was probably because Niro had acquired her as an egg. She grew up thinking Niro as a parent and not just a wolf. Though she knew the difference, he was sure Tobias had already pounded it in her head.

He was about to come up to the cage that could possibly hold a bird for him, when he heard a howl, it wasn’t one that was in danger, nor angry, but a greeting to fellow pack members. Niro had not heard this voice before, so he went to chack the trap, the cage was empty except for the live rabbit that was shivering. Niro tossed in some hay for the poor scared rabbit. It had lived another day, but how long before it would be taken by a predator and get trapped itself? Niro didn’t know. Hurrying on his way he wished he’d at least caught something. He found the caller sitting by a willow tree, devoid of all its leaves, so it looked like a skeletal being. Niro couldn’t tell who this wolf was, was he new? The smell that came to him, told him otherwise, pack scent was all over him, and his own scent had been mingled in with the pack, so he had to have been here some time now. Niro’s mind frowned, how could he not know this man? He’d made it his business to know all the members… or tried to, though his main business was with the puppies and teaching them and helping them grow to be strong while their parents were away, he was still one of the higher ranks, he was not a part of the court nor did he wish to be, but he still had a responsibility.

Good day, I heard your call. My name is Niro Takekuro.

He said, giving the man a friendly smile, he would get to know this man now, and it made him more determined to find anyone else he had not met and get to know them. Niro was a pretty nice wolf and though he had some social issues due to his past, he was a fairly friendly wolf.

<style type="text/css">
.nirogifty01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#bdae92; letter-spacing:1px; }
.nirogifty01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9c978c; text-align:left;}
.nirogifty01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.nirogifty01 {margin:0 auto; width:368px; background-color:#202522; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... 252221.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #bdae92; padding: 180px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9c978c; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.nirogifty01-border1 {width:370px; border:1px solid #4d4849; margin:0 auto;}
.nirogifty01-line1 {width:344px; border-bottom:1px dotted #514c41; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

short post, sorry. Sosuwrimo:302

Ezra knew that this was the pack of misfits and hybrids, which was what attracted him to stay in the first place. His own King was a hybrid himself, just like Ezra. He could see it in the other male’s face and body. It was relieving to know that in some places of the world it was possible to not have segregation against his kind. The amount of hatred some animals harbored for no reason at all perplexed Ezra. He might not know anyone here, but at least he was safe and was welcome among his pack.

A figure slowly made his way over, one that also smelled strongly of the Court. Ezra smiled, pleased to see that someone made an effort to come see him. It made him have more faith in the group he was now a part of. “Hi Niro, I’m Ezra. I realized I have been living here for six months or so and not met many new faces,” The wolfdog looked him over. His hair was confusing, but Ezra quite enjoyed it. “You do that yourself?” he asked, motioning to his Mohawk. The silver male pulled it off well, and it was quite interesting to see.

“I need some fancy things like that. I don’t know where to find clothing or would ever think of putting feathers in my hair,” Ezra realized he was probably talking too much. He did that often, when he found something he liked. In this case, it was the other male’s sense of style. “Ever always wears jackets and clothing, but I don’t see why,” The boy kept on rambling, regardless of whether or not Niro knew of his lovely mate. Ezra couldn’t see why he wouldn’t, as it was obvious that Niro had been here far longer than Ezra had.

<style>
.ezradark-text {padding:0px 5px;}
.ezradark p {padding:5px 0px; text-indent:15px; margin:5px;}
.ezradark b {color:#607d14; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; }
.ezradark {width:400px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#24231f; background-image:url(http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/6749/souls59.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:6px 0px 246px 0px; font-family: 'palatino linotype', palatino, serif; font-size:13px; color:#c5bca3; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:3px double #000000;}
</style>
[/html]

Table by Fae! <333
[html]

WC: 425 OOC: whee fun!

He stopped, though his leg was throbbing a little while he had hurried here, it pained him less now that he was healing better. He had a welcoming smile on his face still, not sure how this wolf would react. Niro was a part of this pack for nearly a year now… and unlike most he was a pure bred arctic wolf, though is own coloration didn’t show it.

It is nice to meet you Ezra.

He held out his hand inviting the other man to shake it, as a greeting and a welcome from the mohawked man. Then Ezra questioned Niro about his hairdo and Niro couldn’t help but smile wider.

It is all natural my friend, though sometimes I do wish I had flat hair, I don’t think it would work well enough.

He said, a jubilant note in his voice. He was proud of his own natural Hawk sometimes, but others it really was annoying. He smiled at the man’s remarks, wondering why he would want to adorn himself in clothing. All Niro wore was his belt in which was useful for his training.

Well I’m sure you can find stuff in the town here, there’s also a city called Halifax that has quite a few things that can be scavenged, or you can trade something to Strelein, he makes som wonderful clothes.

Niro offered the man. His ears perked a little ad his friends name, he wondered if Ezra knew her well, he could smell the woman’s scent on her quite well, it was nice to know she’d made friends with others, though he was sure she’d made friends with more than just this man.

Ah ever, she is always wearing something yes, many of the women do, I suppose they like that they look different, many of the clothes do tend to be quite pretty.

He said, blushing a little thinking about his own mate, who sometimes adorned clothes, but only on a rare occasion. As he thought this his own bird, Marahute flew in, as expected. She was a very protective animal and quite intimidating when she wanted to be. She landed on Niro’s shoulder which he had to resist from cringing from the slight pain.

And this fine young fledgling is Marahute, she’s a golden eagle.

He said introducing his bird, she was still so young too, he doubted she would loose her fledgling feathers for another year or two, which meant the bird had much growing to do, even though she was quite a big bird already.

<style type="text/css">
.sleekniro b {font-weight:bold; color:#AD7E00; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.sleekniro-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:10px; color:#AD7E00; text-align:right; }
.sleekniro p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.sleekniro {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#DBBA72; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... robird.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 230px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#3C3226; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]
[html]

sosuwrimo: 614 words.

Somewhat clumsily, the mutt took his large secui paw and offered it back to Niro, and attempted to awkwardly give him a friendly shake. Niro, like most of the creatures here, must have preferred their two-legged form. Ezra still didn’t like it, but did quite enjoy the middle ground transformation that he could have. It was funny, really, how quickly the mutt forgot about his wolf form. Nowadays for the sake of speed and ease, he stuck to being in the middle. It really was better than how he used to be, but he would never admit it, even to Ever. At first he made himself stay that way for his mate’s sake so she would know that he was really trying to integrate this new aspect of his life to the best of his abilities. But now the benefits definitely outweighed his previous biases. Though to be fair he was not previously aware of this middle ground transformation. Ezra still didn’t trust werewolves, but after the attack, his feelings had subsided somewhat. There were definitely countless benefits to having such an unusual form to be able to shift into whenever he wanted. But Ezra, being old-fashioned he supposed, would never choose to be on two legs all the time. It just didn’t feel right to him. Either way, despite being different, he found it was easier to talk to his fellow luperci now because of it. Ever was right – before, he was on a completely different level. Now things were even between him and everyone else.

Ezra offered the male a curious look when he said it was real. “Very impressive,” he said with a smirk. “Never met anyone with anything like that before. Straight hair really is boring, if I had the chance I would definitely prefer to have hair like that.” he added to try and say something about the male’s irritation with his fur. His new friend mentioned Halifax, and Ezra nodded. “I’ve been to Halifax a few times for supplies for the house Ever and I are building, though going there for clothing hadn’t crossed my mind. And I don’t’ know who Strelein is, but I’ll be sure to be on the lookout for him. Does he live in the Court?”

So Niro knew Ever. The mutt wondered for a second how they met, and if they were friends, before he also realized that Niro probably was not aware of the fact that they were together now. “Ever does always look stunning in her dresses, even if she doesn’t think so. She’s a silly girl sometimes, but I love her anyway.” Ezra didn’t know how to bring up the fact that they were together, but he hoped the male got the gist of it. It wasn’t that he was uncomfortable telling people, quite the contrary, but Ezra was never good at discussing delicate topics such as his relationship with a girl.

“So, what –“ before he could get his own words out, Ezra was taken aback by the beautiful golden bird that flew on his new friends shoulder. “Ive never seen a golden eagle up close before,” he said softly, still shocked at his friends companion. “She’s wonderful, is she yours? “ Ezra realized this was a stupid question as he could clearly see the bond between them, but let it go. “I’ve always loved Ravens myself. Never thought about having one, though. It must be wonderful,”Ezra toyed with the idea of asking this gentleman for help procuring one of these special creatures for himself, but held back. Ever would probably have a fit if he brought an animal into the house. Though it would be an interesting challenge.

<style type="text/css">
.ezrafree01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#dce3e6; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #2a2a2a; }
.ezrafree01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#2a2a2a; text-align:right;}
.ezrafree01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.ezrafree01 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#696a6a; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... eebe01.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #dce3e6; padding: 150px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#2a2a2a; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.ezrafree01-border1 {width:502px; border:3px solid #4a4f52; margin:0 auto;}
.ezrafree01-line1 {width:470px; border-bottom:1px dotted #696a6a; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
Table by alli <3

[/html]
[html]

WC:385 OOC: Smile

Niro could only smile gratefully, though at times he did want to tame his hair, for celebrations and such stuff. He listened as the man seemed to outright confirm that him and Ever were mates. Which made Niro smile inside, he seemed like a good man and Ever deserved that, though he wondered where Ezra had been when she had her breakdown, which he still didn’t understand today what it was about, he’d been there to comfort her and not ask questions.

He’s around, he’s easy to spot as he’s got red fur, he can be nice too. He’s been so far to me, maybe if you had something to trade him, he will make you something.

He said about Strel, who had seemingly become a fast friend though their first meeting wasn’t the best as Niro had to read to the man what Rikka had left for him. It still made him sad to know that Rikka was not around anymore. Marahute, of course made a good scene, as the man stared at her with a shocked expression.

She’s my companion, she comes and goes, I have another in the stables, he’s not as friendly. Soon I’ll have enough that we can start a messaging service between packs. I think it would help the lively hood between the packs, it’s a really quick way to get letters and such around.

He said. He listened as he told Niro of his fascination with Ravens. He didn’t care much for them himself, they were loud, obnoxious, and were sly creatures, especially when it came to a meal.

It is challenging I must say, Tobias he is still wild at heart, so I have to be careful with him, though I have had Marahute here since she was an egg.

He thought, and it soon dawned on him… he’d been here almost a year… right now he would have just started his voyage across the shoreline to this area… had it really been that long? And yet he had not started with his training… it had been the hunt that had hurt, it had him down nearly four months. Stupid moose… stupid leg. He was still all smiles though in his mind he was still unhappy about the situation he’d put himself into during that year.

<style type="text/css">
.sleekniro-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:10px; color:#AD7E00; text-align:right; }
.sleekniro {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#DBBA72; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... robird.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 230px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#3C3226; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the delay

“I’m not much of a trader, but I’ll look into it, maybe he would have something nice I could get for Ever,” he said, thinking about this mysterious red Miracles male. Ezra, once again, mentally beat himself for not knowing many people in his own pack. It was sad, as this was not the way the male was meant to be. He was a family man through and through, and desperately wanted to have a family here that he could rely on.

The mohawked man went on about his eagle, and he listened attentively. It was fascinating to see the relationship Niro had with Marahute. “And would you ever be willing to teach me how to have a pet like this? Ever has her horses. I’d really like a raven. I’m sure we could figure out a way to tone down the squawking.” he said with a smile, truly interested in this new potential hobby. “A messenger service sounds really cool. Do you think you could get all the packs in the area in on it?” Ezra had a vague idea of how many packs existed in the area, despite the fact that he didn’t interact with them at all.
“Maybe in the spring we could raid a raven’s nest,” he said happily, with a small grin, thinking of the ridiculousness of what he just said. It would be pretty interesting, though.

<style>
.ezra-d06 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.ezra-d06 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.ezra-d06 b {color:#181205; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.ezra-d06 {background-color:#B68B34; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/_ezra.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#574114; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:190px 0px 10px 0px; }
.ezra-d06-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>

Table by sieluff<3[/html]
[html]

WC: 333

Niro nodded, he was sure that Strel could make anything he really wanted to with the right material and the right persuasion, and most of that consisted of some other kind of material thing, at least that’s what Niro thought. He knew the red man did not do requests, even though he was part of the pack, and had an obligation to them, Niro could not see that man doing anything without payment first.

Niro was not sure how he could explain his relationship to his birds. It was more of a business partnership once he got them settled down, though right now Marahute was the only on free to do anything, he would give Tobias the freedom as well… eventually, but he wanted the hawk to understand that they could co exist and things could be good from there.

Marahute and Tobias are not pets I’m afraid. They are companions, well Marahute is, Tobias is more like a business partner. He helps me and I help him.

He shifted his weight feeling slightly uncomfortable. He knew about ravens, though, catching them and taking care of them was another story. Finding a nest of ravens would be hard as well. He was not one to go looking for a scavanger’s nest. He was more in tune with those of the meat eating quality.

I suppose, but keeping a bird is a lot of work, and they have different ideas than that of a horse… but if you want to try, come springtime I’m sure there will be a few nests in the woods that may have an egg you can grab.

He would not hold high hopes for such a thing, Niro had to camp out the area before he saw the Cliffside nest of golden eagles, and even then… it had taken two wolves to get one egg from there. He supposed he would see when that time came, if it came. Some wolves had a slight whim but others were serious.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]