Say it if it's worth saving me
[html]

SSWM: 512

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Layla felt like she was literally drowning in her tears as she paced away from her old home. That was two homes now that she had moved out of. She didn’t want to return to her old home as only the memories of why she had moved out of there flowed back into her mind. She was running away on a broken heart. Saluce had left her, he didn’t love her anymore even when she still loved him. She still couldn’t understand why he would do such a thing to her. She was convinced that because of the miscarriage of her first litter, she was not right for him anymore and he was ready to just toss her aside. She cried as she carried her box of herbs and let her new and only companion follow along at her side. She didn’t know where else to go. She didn’t want to be a burden on anyone but she didn’t exactly want to be alone either. The mistress headed back towards her old home and took a seat. She felt so alone. The black and white she wolf began to go through the list of names of people who she was sure wouldn’t mind her staying with her. She really couldn’t think of anyone. Really all she wanted was someone to talk to, someone who would help try to make her feel better. There really was only one person in the whole pack she felt the closest to. The female got back up on her legs and began to head right for Gideon’s house.

Layla paused as she could see the male’s new home in view. She heard about the pups he was taking care of and even met up with them at the game. She seemed closer to the one pup named Melee. Perhaps seeing her would help to bring her mood back up, though only slightly considering the damage that had been done. The mistress slowly continued forward as she felt the snow beginning to fall from the sky. She looked up to see the white flakes floating in the air and landing on the ground. Was this the world’s way of reflecting her sorrow on her life? She pulled Starshine along, not wanting her to get stuck in the snow. She would have to find some place where the horse could stay until morning. She finally came to the door and hesistated for a moment before knocking on the door. Melee was the first one to hear her and came rushing by. Because she was still so young and wasn’t able to shift, she just yelled through the door. ”Who is it?” The black and white she wolf gave a small sigh before she spoke in her saddened voice. ”It’s Layla dear… can you get Gideon for me please?” Melee could hear the sadness in her voice. She nodded before rushing off to find her father. Once she did, she would whine and point towards the door with her paw. ”Daddy! Layla’s at the door! She sounds really sad.”

<style type="text/css">
.layla3 b {font-weight:bold; color:#9ea05f; letter-spacing:1px; }
.layla3 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.layla3 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.layla3 {margin:0 auto; width:356px; background-color:#565524; background-image:url(http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/4213/souls35.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #35200d; padding: 350px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: cambria, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#2f1a00; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

wc: 427

Gideon was new to things like love and relationships. He had seen instances of them before with his aunt and Conor, but even that had felt strained to him at times. He could sense when things weren’t going perfectly by the change in his aunt’s expression or the way that she spoke to him, and felt that perhaps others could see it too. He had never been in a relationship with someone and had only ever felt companion love in his life so far, love for his family and the two pups that he had saved from the fire. He didn’t know how the dynamic of a relationship was supposed to go and had never experienced a mate leaving him or having his heart broken. It had hurt when he had learned that his mother had died, for he had missed her greatly as a little puppy, but his aunt and pack had come to fill that void in his little heart.

The house that he shared with Conor, Bris, and his siblings was usually bustling with activity…but today it was quiet. He wasn’t used to the calm and the sound of knocking got his attention. He could hear little paws skittering across the floor as one of the pups went to see who it was, and slowly rose from his bed. He and the pups usually slept on the large king-sized bed in his bedroom, each taking up a different spot on it, but they were growing up and he expected that they would each have their own rooms soon enough. Perhaps soon. Gideon was just opening the bedroom door when a small nose poked through the opening, and he cracked it open to face his daughter. Who was at the door?

”Thanks, sweetie. I’ll go see what she needed” He said, reaching down to try and give her a pat on the head. He rubbed sleep from his eyes; ever since he’d found the pups he hadn’t been sleeping as well at night, plagued by dreams of their dark mother, and he often took to taking short naps during the day to make up for what he was missing out on at night. He was almost certain that he had woken the pups up a time or two with his groaning and tossing and turning. He went to the door, stumbling a bit along the way but managing to catch his balance and keep it. ”Hey” He held the front door open, beckoning her inside. ”Sorry, I just woke up from a nap. What’s up?”

<style type="text/css">
.jamesfreetablezz b {font-weight:bold; color:#9a9fac; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #fefdfa; }
.jamesfreetablezz-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5e6062; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #fefdfa; text-align:right;}
.jamesfreetablezz p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.jamesfreetablezz {margin:0 auto; width:382px; background-color:#f2f5fb; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... etable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 160px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5e6062; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #fefdfa; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.jamesfreetablezz-border1 {width:384px; border:1px solid #ffffff; margin:0 auto;}
.jamesfreetablezz-line1 {width:360px; border-bottom:1px solid #dbdae0; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
Table by Alli!

[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the wait. SSWM: 544

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Layla was a patient one and it didn’t matter to her how long it would take for Gideon to come to the door as long as he showed up at all. For now as she was waiting, her only company was her mare standing out in the cold of the day. The mistress took a moment to brush all of the snow off her friend and wrapped her arms around its neck, but of course only after she set her things down. Her eyes did wander back to the door as she waited for Melee to fetch her father. She trusted that the girl would find him and bring him to her aid. She had meet up with the pup before and liked being around her. It was really the only joy she could see in her life at this point. For now it felt like the world had come crashing down upon her and shattered what was supposed to be her happy future to pieces. She could feel the sadness and anger growing back in her heart as she looked to her new sword that she carried with her. It was all she had left to remind her of the past and didn’t know if she even wanted to keep it now. The black and white she wolf knew that it would be nice to have so she could use it against anything that attacked her, but she did not want to be reminded of the horrible wolf who crushed her heart. She tried to keep the instrument out of view as she felt the winter chill increasing. She shivered and stayed close to her companion for warmth. The horse didn’t seem to mind her being there and even liked the warmth she was receiving. The she wolf’s tail curled around her legs as the wind passed through her fur. She was ready to just go and find a new place to stay, but she needed some comfort. She could not survive through this alone.

Layla’s ears moved up and her attention turned back to the door as she noticed the black male standing there. He wished for her to come inside and her gaze looked back to the horse. Where could she stay? She figured as long as she stayed near the home she would be fine. She promised the mare that she would find some help her build a small stable for her once she found a new place and had gotten settled in. Perhaps she would be able to find Liliana again and seek out her help in her darkest hour. The mistress came inside and set her belongings off to the side. She didn’t want them to get in his or the pup’s way. She even went so far as to cover it with her spare clothes so that the smell of her herbs did not over power in his home. She wasn’t sure where to sit, so she sat down on the floor and just looked to Gideon with her saddened eyes. ”Saluce he…” She paused, feeling the tears return to her eyes as she tried to speak again. It was a bit stuttered but the words were clear. ”Saluce is leaving me… he doesn’t love me anymore…”

<style type="text/css">
.layla3 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.layla3 {margin:0 auto; width:356px; background-color:#565524; background-image:url(http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/4213/souls35.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #35200d; padding: 350px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: cambria, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#2f1a00; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

wc: 295

He didn't know much of the ways of adults, admittedly. Gideon was immature in that way; he hadn't had any experiences with love or relationships and didn't know how to make something last or work out. He sometimes argued with the children, but that wasn't the same thing. They were family. Though he had always thought that once you became mates with someone, it meant that you wanted to make a new family with them. He figured that when he was ready for something like that, he would pick a wolf that he enjoyed being around. One who made him smile and who wouldn't hurt him.

Gideon looked outside as she came in, noticing her horse. "I don't think Conor and Bris will mind having another house guest. I'm planning on moving out in the next few months, after Melee and Range are a little older and can take care of some things themselves. I'd like to build my own house or den, like Saul is doing." He said. "Will your horse be OK out there?" He was concerned for the beast. Gideon had never been one for horses, feeling like he might collapse their little legs if he ever sat on one, and looked at hers with interest.

The news that Saluce had left her was shocking to him. The two had seemed pretty happy before Layla's miscarriage; was that what had triggered these events? Gideon frowned, looking at her sadly. "Why would things change so suddenly? I...well, you know you're welcome here, Layla. I can work on a temporary shelter for your horse, too" His mind immediately went to ways that he could try and help her, though he wasn't sure what he could say or do to make her feel any better.

<style type="text/css">
.jamesfreetablezz b {font-weight:bold; color:#9a9fac; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #fefdfa; }
.jamesfreetablezz-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5e6062; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #fefdfa; text-align:right;}
.jamesfreetablezz {margin:0 auto; width:382px; background-color:#f2f5fb; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... etable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 160px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5e6062; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #fefdfa; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.jamesfreetablezz-border1 {width:384px; border:1px solid #ffffff; margin:0 auto;}
.jamesfreetablezz-line1 {width:360px; border-bottom:1px solid #dbdae0; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
Table by Alli!

[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the wait. SSWM: 430

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Layla felt so lucky to have such a good friend like Gideon. He was always there to help her when she needed him and she was there when he needed help too. She looked to him before looking back to Startshine. The mistress did not want to just leave her out in the cold but she did not have much of a choice. She did not have a place where the horse could stay, so she would have to work on a place after she calmed down and was feeling like working again. She nodded to the black male before tieing up her reins to a tree nearby. ”She should be fine for tonight… I’ll have to find her a place she can stay tomorrow…” She tried to smile as he offered to help her make a temporary home for Starshine. ”Thank you Gideon… That would be nice…” She came back and trailed inside the house. Her heart hung heavy as she carried herself inside. She could not shaking the feeling of betrayal in her heart. It was empty and broken. The black and white she wolf did not even know if this wound would ever heal up, even in time. She held her chest where her heart was, the tears flowing as each second passed by. She wondered if she really could just pull her heart out and end her own suffering.

Layla buried her face into her knees as she felt the tears soaking her fur. She looked to Gideon out of the corner of her eyes as he asked her why he would leave her so suddenly. She shook her head as she hid her vision again. ”I… I don’t know why he would… I loved him with all my heart… and now he’s broken it…” She looked to him again, maybe hoping he would understand just how much pain she was in. ”It’s like he took my heart and ripped it out of my chest… it hurts so much…” The black and white she wolf curled her tail around her rear as she held her legs close to her chest. She could not bare to sit through this pain any longer. The mistress’ ears moved up as he mentioned that she could stay with him and the pups. She thought it might be a good idea, but she did not want to burden Gideon and his family with her sadness. She looked back into her legs and shook her head gently. ”No… I can’t… I don’t want to be a burden on you and the pups…”

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Can we make this one short and sweet? I need to get a few more Gideon threads going and it'd help anyway if you're going to drop Layla still <333

He didn't know anything about caring for a horse, and trusted her judgment on that. Gideon had no need for a beast to carry him around the lands, not when he had his own two feet. It could be useful during hunting, to be higher up in the air (perhaps when using a bow and arrow), but what if the horse tripped or didn't want to do what the rider told it to? He wasn't sure.

"Well, then, you'll stay here with us! It can get pretty lonely here with just me and the pups, especially with them going to bed so early some nights..it'd be great to have you around" He had always loved talking to Layla and doing activities with her. His tail wagged behind him, a grin crossing his muzzle. "I'll hear none of that; our home is your home!"

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Alli!

[/html]
[html]

Perhaps we could end this in the next post or two so I can make Layla an NPC? WC: 350

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Layla looked to Gideon as he spoke to her. She could not help but feel the guilt boiling in her chest. She did not want to be a burden on anyone, but she could not stand to stay somewhere all my herself. Perhaps it wouldn’t be so bad since he was planning to move out, and she would be able to help him find a new place. She knew she was not going to live with him for the rest of her life. She was going to have to move out and be on her own eventually. Gideon was much too young to have and she was sure he had his heart set on someone else. He just hoped his relationship would work out. She kept her ears down as her blue orbs focused on him. ”Th…Thank you Gideon… you’re a true friend…” She leaned in to give him a friendly hug. She knew the young male was surely with a she wolf but she just wanted to show how thankful she was to him for his kindness.

Layla pulled herself away from Gideon after a couple seconds and then sat back. She was truly greatful. Now the only problem she could think of was where she was going to keep her stuff until she was ready to move out. She knew she wasn’t going to be able to stay forever. The mistress looked back to the black male and then to the box of things she owned. ”What should I do with my items Gideon. I don’t want them to clutter up your home. I don’t have much… just some clothes and my herbs.” She looked around the home and didn’t really see a place where she could put them without them being in the way. It was bad enough that she had a horse shivering outside. The black and white she wolf knew that she would have to find a place for her companion, but right now she needed to settle in. She would help her horse find a warm place for the night after she was done.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]