The Ghost of Death Still Haunts Me
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.aurora b {font-weight:bold; color:#58cf61; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.aurora p {text-indent:25px;padding:5px 10px;margin:0px;}
.aurora {width:400px;border:1px solid #135d21;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... aurora.png);background-position:top center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-top:245px;background-color:#000000;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:georgia, serif;font-size:11px;line-height:12px;color:#135d21;}
</style>

Word Count: 588 words
Date for this Post: Januray 6th, 2010
OOC: Here goes nothin'. Smile I hope that you don't mind that I posted the thread here. I thought that it would be ok since Halifax is between Phoenix Valley and Cour des Miracles. And since this is about Aura's past, well, a cemetary seems to fit perfectly for this occation. xD Enjoy!

The chilled air seemed to fit perfectly for this current occation. After meeting up with the loner, who called herself Alyssum, Aurora was greatly remind of her family back home and the heartache set in like no other. She couldn't take it anymore. The pain that had scarred her heart was tightening harder than ever before. The pain set within her soul screamed and hurt like never before. Grief had overcome her. But then she found this place, a quiet cemetary with trees taking over the different graves here and benches were left unused. The human graveyard seemed to fit her current state. Here lie the dead, and here, death is embraced and put to rest. Barrying all of her dead family members would have been the proper way to say goodbye but she knew, back when it all had happened, that she would be digging her own grave if she even took the risk.

Small and silent tears fell down her muzzle and dripped onto the ground. The snow white silky coated female was sitting on one of the benches under a giant tree in Optime form, her legs crossed and hands in her lap, the silver of her back leaning against the cold icey bench. Her jett black and midnight blue waves fell down her shoulders and lay there, along with that single strand of silver. Jett black bangs swept off to the side covered the luperci's left eye and drooped down to the point of her jaw line. Violet eyes were closed in peace and silence, traveling far back into her memory and looking over what was no longer a big part of her life. And a black tank top with a few rips covered her upper torso, matching her daunty black short shorts that she found while in that small town where she met Alyssum. A shadow of sadness became her as her mind traveled back into her little wonderland while tears escaped.

Why couldn't I save them in time? The words spoken in gentle whispers, but still in the hauntingly gorgous and velvetty voice of hers, burned in her mind. Of course, she knew the answer to her question. She could have done nothing. It was an order from her father, the alpha of the now long lost pack, to keep all of the pups safe. But the stupid and ruthless Jallipers had to destroy the very thought of even keeping them safe. They attacked before the Tarrisent de Mars could even pull out their weapons and started the bloodbath that was printed oh so clearly in the mind of the innocent Aurora Cresent. The pups got killed before you could even take them to the chosen hiding place, you know that. She rose her head and looked at one of the graves as a gentle beat of sunlight appeared then vanished. Another tear fell down her muzzle. Why can't I get over this terror?! She stood up dramatically and screamed to the heavens above, hoping the reach her father somehow...someway.... Why did you have to leave me this way!!!!!!!!!!

Then the poor thing buckled to her knees and sobbed her heart away, paying no attention to the world around her. The only thing that she could listen to, could watch, was the Jallypers digging their teeth into her loved ones as they slowly and joyously tore them apart, relishing the blood that poured into their mouths, eyes shining a reddish brown and reflecting the monsters they really were...and still are.

[/html]
The cemetery certainly wasn't one of Davyn's favorite places, but there were memories that could most likely be unearthed by visiting the dismal place. His silver eyes darkened, with emotions that spun in his chest. He wanted to be the best companion that he could be to those wolves he knew, but in order to find himself, he needed to find the memories that continued to evade him. Davyn sighed, stepping quietly into the grove that humans had buried their dead in for centuries before the outbreak of the virus. The grove was quiet, much like his mind, and Davyn drew his aura closer around him out of habit. The chill buried to his bones, so much colder this side of the gates.

The souls were quiet as he made his way through the rows upon rows of marble stones, some of them crumbling away with age. Davyn's ears pricked forward, hearing a quiet feminine voice whispering. At first, he thought the voice was just a remnant of a spirit that lingered in the cemetery; perhaps an old soul that had either not yet found peace, or a soul that had something to remain for in this very changed world. So when the scream of frustration rent the air, Davyn jumped, thinking he had offended the soul. Shadows fell over his eyes as he saw the stark white fur standing out against the shadows that were present in the cemetery even in full daylight. He observed as the female buckled, and his soul cried out to help her in any way he could.

Davyn approached slowly, then circled around so that he approached her from the front, careful to make sure she at least heard his steps in the crunching snow. Her sobs tore at his heart, and he clutched at his chest as sorrow enveloped him. "Milady, may I ask why such a lovely lady is so wrought with grief?" Davyn stood a few feet from her, out of arms reach in case she, in her wrenching sorrow, struck out.