Our anchor we'll weigh, and our sails we will set
[html]

There is a possibility of this turning into a joining post, although I'm not sure if I should just start a new thread for that or not. *is a little confused* I'll just do it as a normal thread for now, until someone tells me otherwise.

Cozy woodlands closed over his head as he traveled southwest from the lands of Phoenix Valley, heading towards Cour des Miracles, which he hoped would be his last stop on this hiking tour of Nova Scotia for a while. All of the places he had traveled to were wonderful places, but he still felt his heart drifting from one pack to another, unsure of where to finally make berth. He had grown so used to traveling that the idea of settling down was becoming extremely frustrating, and it grew even more so as he realized that his indecisiveness was stemming more from habit than from any real reason not to choose a home. He had never been able to choose... The number of boats and crews he had sailed with outnumbered his ability to keep track of, and he had never really lived in one place for too long before. The closest he had ever come was in Barcelona, with Marisela... If he had not been able to settle down years ago, with the promise of a happy mateship and a city he loved dearly, then how could he expect to be happy here, either?

The old dog felt a trace of wistfulness come into his mood, and he shook his head with a faint chuckle. This was his age talking. He was starting to become sentimental, of all crazy things! Too many miles in too short a time was getting to his head. Starting to hum to keep his annoyingly busy mind at bay, he continued down the path, sniffing the air once in a while to try to catch a scent to ascertain his position. He judged that he was coming close. After a few more minutes of walking, he came to a place where a border scent became strong, and he stopped before it. Yawning mightily, he sat down in a place where the tree roots made a comfortable nook and settled into it to wait. Before he knew it, however, he found himself drifting off to sleep, nestled in a bed of treebark and snow. Having walked to two different packs in a single day, the old dog could have found even the barest rock to be the most comfortable bed in the world.

<style type="text/css">
.ambrose-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#4f7fa7; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ambrose-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.ambrose-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.ambrose-a01 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#c2d0d3; background-image:url(http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g37 ... table1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 296px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#222e3e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 399 words OOC: Nice post! And can we say this happened on Januray 1st? Sorry; this isn't my greatest post.

Aurora had woken up earlier than usual this morning and decided to take a stroll through her pack. She wondered if she would bump into anybody. Things have gotten lonely these days and she had not had company for quite some time now. Today she traveled in her secui form, a shape that was very rare for her to be in. Her silky snow white fur was longer in this form as she was the slightest bit taller and longer than usual, around thirty-two inches tall. The hair on her neck was very long, the tips a stunning silver, but not all that noticable like when Aura's in her lupus form. Vibrant violet eyes scanned the horizon as she walked through the forest. Then she picked up the scent of the border. She was close by. Should I check out what's going on at the border or not? Struggling to decide, her paws chose for her and guided her towards the border.

With her head held high and her ears perked forward, Aurora Cresent noticed someone else at the border. It was not a wolf, that was for sure, but she did notice that this canine had his time to shine a long time ago and was worn out. Worn out because the creature had white around his face and was sleeping right next to the border! The female sighed and picked up her pace, curious as to why he had arrived. With her nose picking up scents of the other borders, a smile was lifted into her heart. A loner, then. But what kind of canine was he? All she could see was that he was a cousin to the wolf. A dog, per say?

She leaned her head forward and sniffed him over gently, then took a step back. Aura's head tilted to the side in an adorable fashion and sat down. Should I wake him up or wait 'till he wakes on his own, the female thought out loud. With a sigh and a shake of her head, which was no longer tilted, her rump sat itself onto the ground and watched him sleep. Her mind was in agony, a storm forming in her mind as she pondered upon what she could possibly do. Aura pouted to herself like a pup, for she had never felt this way before. What was the word? Ah, yes. Indecisive.

<style>
.aurora-z28 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.aurora-z28 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.aurora-z28 b {color:#2D321F; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.aurora-z28 {background-color:#7D9931; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010oct/aurora2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #C7E182; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1F270A; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.aurora-z28-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Thanks! Jan. 1st is fine, but I'll have to edit it so that he's coming from Phoenix Valley instead of Crimson Dreams. And that makes the current time sometime at night. Hope that's not too much trouble?

Ambrose had been having a dream about walking, only this time, he was not walking through snow... Rather, he was walking through sand. The air was cold, certainly, but that was only because it blew in off the ocean. A few white seagulls drifted through the air above him, and as he watched them, one flew down and stood on the beach before him, then opened its beak and - for some inexplicable reason - started talking. Before he had time to wonder who the seagull was talking about and why it wanted to wake him up, he drifted back out of dream-land.

Jolting awake, the dog sat upright suddenly, blinking a few times as he took in the world around him. "What? Sorry! Who's there? What's going on?" As his vision came back into focus, he realized that there was a young woman sitting across from him, looking at him curiously. Inwardly scolding himself for his lack of proper decorum, Ambrose stood up, brushing snow from his legs and trousers, and bowed as graciously as he could to the lady, given the circumstances. "I apologise, miss. I am not usually in the habit of falling asleep under trees. You see, I've just been walking for several miles today, and I must have been more tired than I thought I was." Standing upright again, he brushed more snow off himself and gave her a smile. "Ambrose Llywelyn."

<style type="text/css">
.ambrose-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#4f7fa7; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ambrose-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.ambrose-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.ambrose-a01 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#c2d0d3; background-image:url(http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g37 ... table1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 296px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#222e3e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]