tidal wave gonna cover me
[html]

ooc: anyone is welcome, preferably someone she hasn't met or threaded with in a while but it doesn't really matter that much.

Xeris was panicking.

In her lupus form, she paced back and forth along the beach, the only place that she could go right now to get away from it all. Her pawprints overlapped as she walked back and forth, thinking to herself. It had been almost two months since Xion had been gone. Sure, Delwyn had come back after a longer time, but she couldn't help but worry nonetheless. Her daughter's absence was something that she blamed on herself, for sending the girl back to Phoenix Valley alone while her scarred mother continued on to the carnage at her homeland. What if the rogues who had slaughtered her birth pack had also found her daughter? What if they had taken her prisoner...or worse?

The icy cold water rose and fell along the shore, covering the many pawprints left by the white wolfess, only for them to be re-formed quickly after. What was she to do? Everyone else seemed so confident that Xion would return safe and sound, but Xeris worried naturally. She had seen so many horrors in her life: banishment, fighting to get one off of territory, and more recently, the outright murder of innocents. What she really needed was someone to help her come up with a plan. She was starting to think that it would be a good idea to go searching for Xion, but she would need help. She couldn't do that alone. She couldn't do any of this alone.

<style type="text/css">
.xerrtss b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.xerrtss .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.xerrtss p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.xerrtss {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#6E6E6E; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/k3kw3m.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#171717; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
OOC; Sounds like a lot of fun. ;D
Also, sorry, you didn't give me any hint of what time it was.

Toklo wandered through the dense thicket endlessly, hopelessly, needlessly. There was a clear path right next to him, but he preffered to stay hidden; obscured from view of others by the brambles. Even though they scratched at his skin, they offered him a sense of comfort. It was daytime, and the sun was high in the sky, announcing his presence to everyone near. Toklo's blue eyes hurt from straining to look through the thick clump of branches and vines to the pathes to the side, to be sure of safety. Toklo was a big brute, and strong; not just unaccompanied size. Toklo's nose was sore and scratched up by the strong, sharp thorns of his sheild; the vines and bushes surrounding him, hiding him. Toklo sighed loudly in annoyance when he reached the end of the thicket, the end of his certain safety. If he left the bushes, he would have to constantly watch his back, relying on scent and sight. His ears were next to useless around here. The ocean blocked out most every other sound for miles. Toklo ground his teeth together, less carefree to make noise around the ocean. Toklo sighed and poked his head out between two gnarled, toothy vines. He looked both ways before tentatively stepping out of the mess of greenery. Toklo checked both ways again before walking slowly towards the ocean, where he felt semi-safe. The water soothed him, and he could watch for attackers aptly in the open.

He sprinted for the ocean, there was no looking back after this. If someone got him, they got him now. Toklo reached the edge of the water, his breathing hardly affected by the quick-paced sprint. Adrenaline. That's what he felt. Toklo looked around him, checking for followers. Nobody. Toklo commenced to look around him. He squinted his eyes at a figure in the distance. His eyes widened. He thought he was the only one that came here. Another wolf. Toklo bit his tongue and skirted back to the protection of trees and bushes. He followed the edge of the trees closer to the wolf, unsure if they had seen him as he had seen them. Toklo would find out sooner or later. Toklo's blue eyes couldn't see for sure the size of the wolf, thus, couldn't tell if it was a male or a female. Faes tended to be more...docile, so he hoped it was a lady he was looking at. He stepped out from his cover and into the open, and started walking openly towards the figure, certain they would see him now.
[html]

ooc: hi~ also, sorry if she kind of freaks out a little bit; you're technically trespassing on PV borders but Xer won't kill you or anything XD

Xeris paused, staring out over the ocean in silence, as her ears suddenly picked up a sound. It was very faint, and mostly swallowed up by the sound of the waves crashing on the sandy shore, but there was a soft rustling noise that the white wolfess couldn't ignore. She turned to face the direction of the noise just in time to see another white wolf emerge from the rustling thicket and begin to walk toward her.

For a moment, Xeris thought that the stranger was her mate, or one of her children...perhaps even Xion. She felt her heart race at the possibility, and took a few steps forward cautiously to discern the figure's identity. It was then that a breeze blew in her direction and she realized that this wolf did not bear the scent of Phoenix Valley. Her body tensed momentarily, immediately wondering if this wolf was here to attack the Valley. Had she been in her right mind, she would have welcomed him as a potential new member, but with thoughts of the invaders in her homeland fresh in her mind, such an idea was unheard of to her. "Who are you?" she asked. "Do you know that this is pack territory?"

<style type="text/css">
.xerrtss .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.xerrtss {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#6E6E6E; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/k3kw3m.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#171717; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
OOC; I knew that. ;D *Fail* Oh well, Toklo would've wandered into the territory either way.

Toklo's brisk gait slowed as the wolf turned to him. Toklo was still out of hearing range, but he could see the wolf more clearly now. Deffinately a female. Toklo's ears pinned back against his skull as she took a few steps towards him. Was she about to attack? He was usually the one to commence the fighting. He swallowed a snarl and kept on his slow pace towards her, sensing that she had made a mistake. She stopped moving and the air of excitement dropped from around her. Toklo's steps faltered momentarily, unsure what had changed the feeling in her. But, of course, he continued on his way to her. He watched her facial features closely as he neared the matron, waiting for a sign of hostility. Because, it was not every day that you saw an unknown wolf come prancing up to you like they'd known you for years. Toklo snorted loudly. He shook his head. The female was waching him with a wary expression on her face. Perhaps he had done something wrong already. He sniffed the air again, and for the first time smelled other wolves. Alot of them. A pack. He grimaced. That's why she was so uptight. Not that he wouldn't have trespassed anyways though....

She opened her mouth to speak, so he cut his thoughts short. "My name is Toklo, ma'am. That is what you may call me. No silly nick-names or anything of the sort. Thank you." He said somewhat curtly, but in a formal, nice, pleasant tone. He was just tired of those stupid names that others placed for him. He rolled his eyes, remembering a few. Toky, Low, Toke, To... The list just kept growing. He cleared his throat apologetically. Usually he wasn't this formal, but usually he wasn't caught off guard in another pack's territory. If he was found in another pack's territory he meant to be there. It wasn't unusual to find him trespassing...but, it was unusual for him to be seen in the territory without any means of being there. "Uhhh..." he was at a loss for words. He made a face. "No. I just figured that out, miss." He said, a bit uncomfortable. "My apologies." The masculine male wolf frowned. "I will be on my way now, if you wish...."
[html]

Xeris was at first rather affronted by the stranger's insistence that she not call him any nicknames. He was in no place to boss her around, as it was he who was on her pack's territory. But she ignored that for now, continuing to listen to what he had to say. As Toklo continued, Xeris thought that he seemed to be reasonable enough, and apparently hadn't known that the sand he was walking upon belonged to Phoenix Valley. Thinking of the time she herself had accidentally walked onto another group's territory, the scarred, white-furred female could sympathize with him. She was certainly not planning to attack him as she had been attacked, however.

"I apologize if I seemed hostile," she responded softly. "My name is Xeris, and I am a member of Phoenix Valley, who own this land. The unfamiliar male made apparent his willingness to leave, but Xeris stopped him, beginning to feel rather guilty for turning him away so suddenly. "You don't have to leave," she told him guiltily. "I just wanted to be sure you weren't going to come here and attack any of our members. I won't be like those coyotes up north who attack lost wolves that trespass accidentally." At the last sentence a low growl was apparent in the female's voice, and she briefly cast her golden eyes toward her left side, which still bore the long scar from her encounter with the one-eyed coyote.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
OOC; Sorry it took so long, I was really busy this week, and I had a lot to say. ;D

Toklo watched the play of emotions on the other wolf's canine features. He lifted an eyebrow. She seemed a bit...baffled. He chuckled to himself a bit. He supposed she hadn't been talked to in such a manner for a while. There were no restraints for him. He knew that he was on her territory, perhaps. But...he wasn't going to be...different because of the place they had met. His manner was inevitable. It was...him. He moved on quickly though, not wanting to drone on about who he was and why he was like that, because he knew if he kept thinking the way he was, he might accidently slip something. He grimaced. That wasn't what he wanted. He was just here by accident. The last thing he needed was to end up spilling his whole wretched past to the fae. He sighed loudly and sat down, unsure what she thought of him. He finally decided it didn't matter what she thought of him. He made up his mind to leave, and it would all be over, as if nothing had happened.He scrambled to his feet and lurched to the side, turning on his heel to go.

But then, he stopped in his path. His ears swivelled and he looked over his shoulder and at the female. "You're...sorry..?" He asked in wonder, trailing off in confusion. But...he was trespassing on her land. It had to be some sort of trick. He eyed her warily, waiting to see what she had up her sleeve. He nodded after she voiced her name, still on guard. Packs these days....they were unpredictable and rueless, a horrid, destructive match of qualities. Who knew anymore? They all just...attacked. He shivered and considered bolting while she was distracted with her talking. He raised an eyebrow. So this was Phoenix Valley territory. He hesitated. He had heard they were somewhat civil. But...they could very well just be rumors. He had commenced a lot of battles, and won every single one. Some had been on other pack's territory, but only when they lashed out first, since he thought it dishonorable to start a fight on their own land.

Her next words stopped him and made him turn around, confused. She didn't want him to go? Well, that sure was a change of pace. He'd never been asked to stay before. He Turned around to face her, a hint of awareness still apparent in his features, but he knew that she was sincere - or a very good liar - he could hear the genuine guilt in her voice. He stayed on his feet, but he swivelled to face the female. Her next words made him feel...weird. Guilty, almost. She didn't know anything. He wasn't a...nice animal. Well, that was what others had made him think of himself. Sure, he had attacked many loners, and a few wolves in packs in neutral territory. He'd gotten into a few scraps with other wolves for food. He'd even attacked a few wolves on their own pack's territory- but only when they started it. It was his turn to feel guilty, because he knew he was not the kind of wolf she had presumed he was. He was a big, violent wolf. He looked at his paws.

"Actually, miss, I don't believe you have a correct read on me, if I might tell you. I don't mean to mislead you - I'm not here to attack you or any others, but I've done so before, I feel compelled to say. I've hurt a few many canines before, and a couple even on their own land. My apologies, I just thought I would tell you." He said, watching her reaction carefully. He wasn't a violent wolf. He knew that. Just...tough. He had a tough life, and knew how tough it was to live. He did what he needed to survive. Actually, he wasn't half-bad, he was just easily-angered by stuck-up wolves, and was exceptionally good at winning fights he got in. He grimaced. That didn't sound too good, even in his head. He decided not to voice that part. He was tough, mean even, perhaps, but he was not a killer. Especially not when he was on a land that was owned.

He shivered at her mention of Inferni. He hadn't been there personally, but he had heard many horrible stories of killings and fights because of trespassing. It was beleived by him that it was a coyote that had killed his family, so he held a certain grudge towards them. He felt a coldness, a urge to hurt them to repay what they did, the nasty creatures. Even though he was one fourth coyote, he hated them. He hated them so much. He started breathing heavily. He closed his eyes. That was why he ran. He ran to find righteousness. He ran to find the murderer of his family. He had found that of his mate; he had always known what had killed her. Yet, he felt in no way compelled to hurt the bear that had mauled his mate. What had happened there was a sheer accident; nature. What had happened to his family had not been an accident- or even the way of life. It was pure murder. His eyes opened, his breathing quickening. His eyes followed the female's to a scar on her side. Obviously, she had the same perspective on coyotes. He gaped slightly. "What happened" He murmered, subconsiously taking a step closer to get a better look.

He shook his head, seeming to realize only at that moment what he had done. His ears fell back. "Sorry. You don't have to" He stuttered, his big-bad-wolf attitude melting away. He only acted that way towards wolves he didn't know. He felt he knew this wolf well enough. But yet, not enough to share anything with her. And he knew he would. He wanted to. He knew he should leave before they got into a convorsation about coyotes- if they did, he knew he would tell her of his family. He wanted to; needed to. That's why he ran- to get away from everything. If he became close to another wolf, it would end badly; painfully. It always did. That's why he had nobody- and that's why he ran. That's why he lived the way he did. Hate. Fear. His past. He exhaled sharply, and turned his head away from the female. "Maybe I should go," Still unsure about her reaction to what he had told her eariler about himself.
[html]

ooc: not a problem.

Apparently, Xeris had confused the stranger. Perhaps, like her, his encounters with other wolves protecting their borders were not so pleasant. The white wolfess sat down to listen to what he had to say as he turned to stop leaving. She cocked her head to one side at his words, perplexed as to why he would warn her of his tendencies to attack but not do so. No one had ever acted like that toward her. In the very back of her head a red flag rose, as she remembered the last wolf who had tricked her, and her ears flattened a little at the thought. "I have met my share of brutes and murderers, that is for sure," she replied calmly, thinking of what Ty and Delwyn had told her recently. "I'm not a stranger to this violent world."

The unfamiliar wolf's eyes fell upon her scars and he asked for the story, but quickly took back his question and seemed hasty to leave. Nonetheless, Xeris would answer him, at least about her first set of injuries. "The Inferni clan to the north can be reached through a wooded area. Part of those woods is unclaimed, and part is owned by Phoenix Valley. I made the mistake of stepping across their borders and was removed by force." She fell silent. "I have even been attacked on my own homeland, south of here." By now it almost seemed that she was trying to tell him, I'm not afraid of you. She was on edge, she had been since before he arrived.

And then the thought struck her. He had not introduced himself. "Who are you?" Xeris asked, suddenly fearful that he could be a relative of the rogues that had taken over her homeland.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
Toklo was unsure if she had just called him a murderer. He growled subconsiously, getting deffensive. His eyes burned and he felt the heat rising. This was not just tension. "I fight, yes. But, a murderer I am not", He said hotly, taking a threataning step towards her. The advance probably would scare her, he knew after he did it that it was wrong, and he wished he could take it back. He wouldn't hurt her, but to her it might seem that way. His eyes flashed one last time, and he took a step back and sat down, cooling down within seconds. His eyes dropped to his feet. The change took place in a matter of seconds. His eyes flashed up to her again. He showed her a meek smile before exhaling loudly, closing his eyes. "Sorry," He said softly, wishing he could take it all back. Everything. He had such a temper nowadays. It wasn't him. Honestly, before...everything...had happened, and his life had been screwed, he had been quite the wolf. "Good," He said to her last statement, regaining his cool.

He had noticed the subtle change in her appearance at his words. Fear? Worry? Suspicion? Her ears flattened slightly. He couldn't read the reason behind the change. But now he understood. She thought he was going to do the same to her pack. "No," He said quietly, hoping to ease her suspicions. He shook his head. "It's...not like that. They want to fight, I fight. They try to kill me," He paused to flash her a cold, knowing smile. "I fight back. That's...how it is. That's how...I have to be to survive," He explained, suddenly clamming up at his last statement. His eyes hardened, and his demeanor chilled. He gave her a cold look. "That is the way of loners," He said to her, eying her. Had he said too much? He tried to give her a false trail. He knew that was wrong, but sometimes he had to do what he had to do to survive. In all honesty, he was the way he was because of his past.

He nodded at her explination, wary. Why had she answered to a complete stranger? That was a question he couldn't answer to himself, and he knew he could not ask her. He gave her a small smile that quickly retreated to a neutral look. He was not one to smile. "Those coyotes over there think they're so tough," He sneered, slightly losing his temper. He sighed and shook his head. He looked at Xeris, and then smiled and rolled his eyes to show her he wasn't going to blow up on her. Only, he could sense she felt the same. He heard a hint of warning in her voice that put him further on edge. His ears swivelled back and bent slightly. His eyes narrowed lightly as he tried to determine what her tone was supposed to mean. He sighed, he knew what she was trying to tell him. He smiled to himself. He wasn't trying to frighten her.

He looked at her out of the side of his eye and smiled slyly. That was too much information. He couldn't act like he hadn't heard her; that was so overrated. So he simply played it cool and didn't answer. He didn't know what she was expecting, but it couldn't have been much more than this. It's not that he had a secret that he had to keep from her, but...it wasn't that he wouldn't tell her, it was that he couldn't. He literally couldn't make himself do it. It didn't matter though, even if he had tried to explain, it would've been to much to put into words. She wouldn't understand. Nobody did. She would brush it off as nothing as everyone else did. So, he didn't even bother telling. "I am me. A loner. A nobody," He gave her simply, nodding once calmly. There was so much to tell, but only so little he could tell.
[html]

Xeris tensed as the unfamiliar wolf suddenly took a step in her direction, and a flash of fear hit her. She inhaled sharply, preparing to howl for help if it was needed. She'd been attacked before, yes, but that was before. Before, she was on enemy lands or outnumbered by enemies. Now she was on Phoenix Valley territory, where surely someone would come to her aid if she called. But when the male seemed to settle down and apologized, Xeris let her open mouth close and stood staring at him.

The male spoke of how he fought for survival. So he was a loner, that was why Xeris couldn't identify him with any scents that were familiar to her. She had only known one or two other loners, the most prominent in her life being Daisuke. She thought back to the things that he had said; he did tell her that he'd gotten into some trouble, but had never seemed to stress the impact of fighting in his life. For the time being, Xeris remained in a solemn silence, waiting for the other wolf's response to her question.

However, it seemed that she was not going to get an answer; at least, not the answer she was looking for. A nobody, he said he was. Xeris was unsure whether to pity him or scold him for thinking so lowly of himself. Instead, she chose something in between. "It doesn't have to be that way, you know," she told him. "I was a loner once, too. There are packs that will take you in." She wasn't necessarily implying that she wanted him to join Phoenix Valley, but what she did want was for him to be able to think of himself as more than just a nobody.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
He saw the fear of reality hit her. He could hurt her. She knew that now. And he was sorry she had to. He tried to keep his cool and quickly apologized. He didn't wish to get in any trouble. Her mouth was agape he realized as he stepped back, giving her some space. She closed her jaws and stared at him. There was no expression. He tried to imagine what was running through her head at the moment. A wolf had just feigned an attack. She must be a bit shook up, He finally decided. He sighed apologetically. He shouldn't have done anything. His ears flickered in a supressed sign of impatience. She said nothing. He wanted to growl, but he didn't. Why was she not speaking?

He gave up waiting for her words and moved on, assuming she wished to forget about what had just happened. He rolled his eyes doubtfully at her words. "A wolf like me? With the things I've done?" He scoffed. "I highly doubt it," He told her, only somewhat sad that he could never be accepted because of his past. His past seemed to haunt him everywhere. It ruined everything; his whole life. Fate couldn't just hit him once. No, it wasn't done there. It had to come back for more. It had to just keep coming for him; pushing him, seeing how long it would take it to snap. He was close. Very, insanely, frighteningly close.

Toklo shook his head once for good measure. He shook his head clear of memories, and to make sure the wolf, Xeris, understood him. There was no joining a pack for him. It was over. Life was over. Fate was one hell of a thing. It even took his ability to be with others. He hadn't had a civil convorsation with another being for months. That's how bad it was. This was the closest he'd gotten to another wolf since his mate had... Toklo seemed to force a brick wall up in his mind, cutting off the flow of his thoughts. It was too painful. He could hardly think to himself about his past. That was why he couldn't tell Xeris about it. How could he?
[html]

ooc: derp late post is late and short post is short.

She stared at him for a moment as he stared back, almost as if he was waiting for her to say something. But how was she supposed to respond to being almost attacked? Eventually he moved on, much to her relief. He mentioned "the things he'd done" and how because of them he could never be accepted into a pack. Xeris was beginning to get annoyed with this. He kept bringing up the fact that he'd done horrible things and how he thought that would make him an outcast, and yet he still had shown very little hesitation when he almost attacked her before. He could at least try to change his ways.

"You'd be surprised," she responded simply, ignoring the thoughts that went through her head. She thought back to her own past, and the things she'd experienced and heard about from others. "The past is the past. It can't be changed. What matters most is what you strive to do in the future." Her voice quavered a little, as she thought about the things she had to do. Recover from her losses, find the strength to move on. What she said applied to herself as well and not just the loner she was speaking to.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
OOC; No worries. ;D
Mine is bound to be short as well. Not feeling too good. =/

"You'd be surprised," She'd said. He highly doubted that. Even if he might succeed in being accepted in a pack, he wouldn't last long. Either they'd find out about his past and become afraid and kick him, or he'd screw up, and they'd make him leave. If neither happened, he'd begin to become restless, and have urges to run, like always, and then, upset that he was always gone, they would kick him. That was just his luck. Either way it went, he'd always end up becoming a loner again. He hated the title, true as it was. He didn't know why, it just didn't suit him. He'd decided long ago he wasn't going to try to join any packs. They'd hate his presence. They'd always be weary, watching him out of the corner of their eyes, checking behind them to make sure he wasn't near. He couldn't live like that; being a menace, the source of fear. Packs were supposed to be safe, and you were supposed to feel safe. He couldn't intrude one and change that.

He heard her voice shake slightly as she spoke. He took her words in, listening carefully. She didn't seem to be entirely confident of her words, even as she spoke them. Well, the last part at least. He knew the first part was very true, as much as he wished it to be something different. He wished so badly to change his past, and even, maybe his present state. He didn't want to be this; a monster; something to be feared. At her words, his eyes dropped to his paws. He was silent. Thoughtful. He couldn't be sure, but he believed that there was a greater meaning behind her words. She was in the same place as him? The same trouble? He doubted it. But, trouble enough. Or, something like that. He dared not ask, though.

Maybe he'd listen to her though, but first, he'd have to figure out how...
[html]

ooc: yay for short posts all around.

Xeris studied the male before her, watching him as he remained silent. He was a bit stubborn, she thought, unwilling to accept the things she had said to him. Or perhaps, deep down, he was scared too. She also remained quiet for a moment, thinking about what she should say next. For a moment her golden eyes cast their gaze toward the cold sand below them as their owner sat in thought.

She was truly at a loss for words now. He had put her in a dangerous situation, quite literally, and she didn't want to say anything that might upset him. Finally she opened her mouth to speak once more. "You may not believe me, but I hope you'll at least think about what I've said." She paused again, waiting for his response and hoping that she was not met by more silence. "Can I at least know your name?"

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
OOC; Haha! Short post be...short. xD

Toklo was relieved to see he was not, in fact, the only one at a loss for words. For a moment, at least. Her golden-brown eyes dropped to the sand as well, as he studied his paws. His eyes lifted slightly to study her eyes. They were golden and fierce. Wild like honey. Her eyes vaguely reminded him of another's eyes. His brow crinkled as he thought, trying to remember. He nearly gasped as he recognized who her eyes reminded him of. The mountain Lion. They were the same, sharp, amber color. Creamy and expressive. He fell back on his haunches, remembering his adopted mother. His head bent in confusion and - almost - defeat. His shoulders slumped as he remembered. If only he had stayed. Had he stayed, he wouldn't have gotten a mate, and thus, never been put through the excrucifying pain of losing one. He could've recovered - had a good life, even. He would forget about his parents and his brothers, and he could live a happy life. But, no. That wasn't how life worked.

Over the years and experiances, he'd accumulated enough information to come up with an educated guess. Or - not so... "Educated". In his mind, Karma went out of it's way to bring him as much pain as possible. It was proven. His eyes closed momentarily, and he felt himself slipping away. He didn't realize it, but a loud noise escaped his vocals. A sob. It shook his whole body as he collapsed to the ground. He looked at the ground between his front legs as he laid there, thinking about everything. He forget, for the second, that Xeris was even there. He was lost in his mind. He went over all of the facts that proved his theory:
Exibit A. His parents died, and his two brothers as well.
Exibit B. He was somehow lead to a pack, alas, it wasn't as good as it seemed. There, he got a mate, and soon after, she was mauled by a bear.
Exibit C. He was cruely blamed for her passing, and gladly kicked from the pack.
Exibit D. He was breaking down in front of his first possible friend in months.

Suddenly, she spoke. She must have been oblivious to his current state. His meltdown had finally come to an end though, he was brought back to reality by her words. He solemnly looked up at her from his place on the ground. "I already told you that. Toklo." He told her. There was not a hint of emotion in his voice. His eyes glazed over and he hid any hint of emotion. His eyes were hard. He'd learned that it was best to stay away from others. It always ended badly. He'd stop believing long ago. Why had he let that change a few moments ago? He could have been hurt. He wasn't rude as he stared at her, almost looking straight through her, just...hollow.
[html]

Toklo remained silent again, apparently deep in thought. Xeris wondered what it was that he could be thinking about; whatever it was, it seemed to be affecting him outwardly, as his face was tensed with anxiety. She felt a little sorry for him. Before, she had just dismissed him as stubborn for not changing his stance on himself and his possible worth to a pack, but perhaps something really had happened, something debilitating. After her own debilitating experience just recently, Xeris had also gone through a change in her behavior. Maybe Toklo just needed some cheering up.

When the loner responded that he'd already said his name, Xeris gave him a little smile and shook her head in return. "No, I mean your family name. You must have someone out there, some kind of family that would still love you even after whatever it is you've done." She was fully aware that this could very well be a dangerous path to take with him, but she wanted to try and build his confidence. If he could see, maybe, that it was possible for someone to care about him, then maybe he would loosen up a little and think higher of himself.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
OOC; Short post be...short. Sorry. xD

Toklo's eyes flashed dangerously as they darted to the speaking female. "I've done nothing," He nearly hissed, his stony expression breaking to show a angry look, that somehow led to sorrow. His trance seemed to break. His anger dropped like a rock. His face was long and disdainful. "I did nothing to...deserve this," He said through nearly-clenched teeth. It was a great strain, it seemed to not be yelling at the top of his lungs. What he said was true. He'd done nothing to deserve the cards he'd been dealt, but now, he'd played his best ones. He was left with his few, horrible last cards. He'd played all the others. Life was a game. He'd tried his best to cope with what he'd been dealt. But, he knew, even the best poker player couldn't come back from a defeat such as his.

He nearly broke down in front of this wolf. She'd done it now; she'd gotten through to him. Oddly enough. With just a few words. But, then he remembered the last part of her words. He eyes her from his slumped position on the ground. "All my family is dead," He said some-what bluntly. He looked down at his paws, his eyes lowering slowly as he thought about it. He honestly had nobody for him. Maybe, just maybe, now he did though. Xeris was deffinately not family, but...maybe she would consider him a friend...? One could dream, right?