dog days are over.
name. Twila Rinocco
birthdate. February 14, 2010
species. regular wolf
gender. female
email. hanalways@gmail.com
msn. hanalways@gmail.com
souls. been around for a while. Smile

She had started her journey early that day, before the darkness truly left the ground. It wasn't hard to see her motivation in her actions - winter had clung greedily in the Canadian scene and sleep for a loner was difficult if not impossible to achieve. She gathered up herself from the alcove of a rotted tree and took off again. She wasn't exactly sure where her ultimate destination was, but she knew she had to continue moving. It had been a handful of weeks since she had left her old pack, or what she could call as a pack.

The sun rose late that winter morning, piercing through the frost's breath. It glowed hazily, gold and red hues dyeing the sky and leaving a feeling like the world was bathed in warmth. Despite that display however, the ground was hard and unfavorable upon the paws and each exaltation left a lingering stream of air that was visible to the sight. Each soft breeze that may have ran against the girl's side seemed as if it was stripping her fur off layer by layer exposing her vulnerable skin to the harsh cold. Occasionally, she tilted her head to the ground, dry nose at work as she attempted to navigate herself through broad lands unknown.

The scents of wolves had run amok in this area, and she could feel it in her bones that this may be the future that her mother so agonizingly longed for. She was following trails of scents as they intertwined, becoming stronger and stronger with each step she took. She had passed the mountain the previous night, settling on the patchwork of snow and trees she would later come to know as the Dampwoods. She had passed a few packs, but for some odd reason gravity seemed to be pulling her in a specific location, a specific destination. Gingerly, she padded through the crusty snow to come to the climax of her journey.

The signs were telltale in nature - a pack definitely resided in these quiet lands. Nervously, she twitched her tail and did well to hide her anxiety as she sniffed warily. Her chances were zero to nil, but she had to try. Although how to try was lost in her. Her mother had told her that different etiquette were normal in different lands and Twila had a problem trying to figure out how to decipher which was appropriate or not. Was she to howl, or camp out on the location until she could come across a scout? Frowning she sat expectantly, deciding it would probably be best to be patient and wait until someone could possibly find her - and hopefully soon.
[html]
Hello. Your joining post looks great, except you are missing an OOC component. How did you hear about 'Souls? Please edit this into your initial post! Smile

The slight boned female had risen early, stealing away from the rustic ranch house before dawn had taken its first breaths. Winter was far from her favorite season; however, she was better able to tolerate it as the months stretched on. Geneva knew that spring would return eventually, and she put her hopes to rest in that fact. She shivered lightly against the cold, her gray coat only partially protecting her slender form from the cold. Her winter coat never grew in very fully; it had been a byproduct of her sickness in her childhood. But she had adjusted to it, and if she kept moving at a brisk pace she hardly made note of the cold anymore.

Periodically she would look for her son, who she had yet to see on this gloomy winter day. However, her blue eyed boy was elusive as always. Geneva could accept that as a fact of life, because her boy was growing into a full fledged adult. But that did not mean she had to like it. Healthy growth she could handle, but it did not keep her from missing Pripyat one bit. She was not often lonely for company. As the Savant, she often spoke to her pack mates. But her son’s company was something she often coveted.

The gray scale lady caught a glimpse of a still form over the peak of a snow drift. Lime green eyes scanned the boundaries of the Valley pack’s land carefully as she determined that someone seemed to be waiting. The slight wolfess went to her unerringly, her eyes drinking in the details of the female before her. ”Are you waiting for someone or something?” Geneva asked mildly, eyes resting squarely on the lone female. She couldn’t be anymore than a year old, if that.

[/html]

WC 300
ooc.
Oops! Sorry about that. I edited in. Thank you for your prompt response btw Big Grin

ic.
She sat gingerly, as if she was sitting on a bed of coals waiting for the moment that she could free her rear from the ground to do what she needed to do. Her tail sat agitated by her back as her emerald eyes scanned the horizon for any signs of life. A snowshoe rabbit bounced it's way across the snow, skittering a moment to correct his pathway before disappearing behind the trees. It was then where Twila felt the long hardships of being a loner, and by the discomfort of her stomach muscles contracting. She had to find a pack to take her in, and soon.

But it was as if someone high above had answered her doubt-filled questions as a pack wolfess came to greet her. Standing abruptly and nervously Twila slid her ears back. Her tail thumped low, but eagerly, against her off-white hindquarters as she felt her whole body droop low against the ground. She dipped her head in response to her inquiry, submission and respect deep in tact as the girl gave her answers. "I.. uh." She started uneasily before realizing she had no idea what to exactly say. Shaking her head slightly, she took a deep breath and struck out once again.

"I apologize for my inconvenience." She spoke with a soft shake in her voice, but the words pushed with a firm youthful confidence. "My name is Twila Rinocco. I wish to request to join your pack." With each word spoken, her presence seemed to come together a bit more, her eyes sparkling with hope and anxiety that had departed when she too departed her last pack.
[html]
Short and crappy Big Grin

The girl seemed to be very nervous and uneasy. Geneva frowned slightly, not wanting the younger wolfess to be uncomfortable. As she finally introduced herself and continued to speak, Geneva’s expression changed. She looked thoughtfully at the girl, Twila, and nodded for a moment before speaking herself. “This is Phoenix Valley, and I am the subleader here, the Savant. My name is Geneva Stockholm.” Giving the younger female more information might help her to make a decision in the long run. Many joiners had come and gone from the borders; the gray scale female knew this. However, it seemed that since the winter had come, many old faces had returned from wherever they had scattered to within the world.

”It is within my power to accept you into the ranks of Phoenix Valley, but I need to know more about you.” Geneva said, not unkindly. However, her pack needed to be the first priority. She had to consider each potential member fairly. Would she be a good fit? Would she adapt to their way of life well? Would she contribute? These were all pertinent questions that Geneva had to dwell upon before she could deliver her final verdict.

”What skills do you possess? Where did you come from, and why did you choose here?” Geneva asked. These were good ways to start the questioning process. Another thought struck the woman as she recalled other border interviews from previous seasons. ”You should know, too, that we who dwell here walk on two and four legs. We are lupus and luperci both.” She could not tell if Twila was one or the other, but it was something that she would need to consider.

[/html]

WC 282
[html]

Twila would have been appreciative of Geneva's disposition if she wasn't so anxious about the outcome of her predicament. She stilled the urge to squirm uneasily underneath the older female's eyes and stood respectful and submissive before her. The timber hued wolf listened attentively to the other's words, registering with rapt zealousness the meanings. Phoenix Valley she called it, and her name and rank. Geneva Stockholm, Savant. She bowed her head at Geneva's status and presence, letting the pack name ring soundly within her mind.

Twila's ears perked amateurishly at the information that Geneva was able to accept her, and she felt an overwhelming need to prove herself. She would take down the next deer herself to feed the pack, save a local puppy from burning wreckage and give the utmost leader of Phoenix Valley the most precious herb from the most exotic location to save his or her life to prove that she belonged within this pack! She nodded vigorously to the greyscaled femme's need to know more, willing to give anything and everything to make the cogs of the engine move.

The questions though came to Twila as a surprise - not so much that Geneva asked them as much as Twila couldn't find an immediate response. She shifted on her feet, looking down to the snowy ground as she grasped for straws. "I can..." She started once again, but hesitated. For the moment she felt like she was nothing more than an average wolf, she could hunt and walk and talk and bark and howl. "I can learn." She chose the words carefully, weighing each syllable on her tongue. "I can learn fast. And if I don't know the answer, I'll find it. I want to learn." She spoke with a bit of glint in her eye, nodding with soft satisfaction of her answer. "I might not have very defined skills; I do not know how to fight for myself, and I have yet to really be of importance - but I want to be important."

The next though came at the puzzlement of her. Geneva spoke of these words that were unfamiliar to her vocabulary. "Lupus" and "luperci" so similar in nature, but spoke of great volumes, as well as the legs. She was confused how they walked on "two legs" as she said, as Twila could get up on her haunches if she needed something higher, but didn't know how you could walk upon them. Furrowing her white brow, she swallowed. "I... I don't know what you mean." She said softly, demure and feeling rather embarrassed. "I do not understand these words."

wc xxx

<style>
.twila p {margin:0px 35px 0px 35px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; text-indent:25px; }
.twila b {color:#9E8054; font-style: bold; font-size:12px; text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #663428; }
.twila {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#0b0000; word-spacing:1px; text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #663428; line-height:11px; width:450px; line-height:15px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://hanalways.com/souls/twilaback1.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-bottom:0px; padding-top:5px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
Sorry I poofed. Work swallowed me whole!

Geneva listened quietly and intently as Twila spoke. Her expression was thoughtful as Twila finished explaining what she had to offer Phoenix Valley. She seemed to be so sincere, and seemed to quiver with hopefulness. The gray scale lady thought she had heard everything that she would need to hear from the girl. Geneva nodded to signify her approval, but before she could speak again, Twila questioned what she had said before. The subleader cocked her head quizzically for a moment, before realizing that Twila indeed had no idea what a “luperci” was.

“A luperci is a wolf or coyote with the ability to walk on two legs at one time and four legs at another,” Geneva said. She spoke as gently as she could, not wanting to frighten the girl. Geneva could imagine how frightening and unnatural it must sound to someone who had never heard of being a luperci before. “I was born with this ability,” Geneva said next, her lime green eyes resting carefully upon the girl, tracing over her features to see if her expression would turn from one of confusion to one of fright and mistrust.

“My own son has this ability as well,” Geneva said, trying further to explain that it was something that she could trace back through her scattered lineage. It had always seemed natural to Geneva, but she knew that there had been others who had had not the slightest clue about this ability. Geneva did not know how her bloodline had gained that ability, but knew that it had something to do with the desecration of the human species. She would have liked to learn more about it, but for now that was all that the gray scale Savant had to offer Twila in terms of an explanation.

”Don’t be frightened, Twila,”, she said gently, watching the girl’s face. “You may not understand this, but I promise you that this ability cannot hurt you; however, if you wish to join Phoenix Valley, then you must accept the fact that many within it can shift between a two legged and a four legged form.” The lime eyed wolfess nodded once, then addressed the loner once more. “You have my permission to stay here as Loas, if the idea of living amongst luperci does not make you not want to leave here. Loas in the beginning rank within this pack.”

[/html]

WC 403
Welcome to 'Souls!

Congratulations! You've been accepted into the craziest bunch of roleplayers on the vast Internet! Please remember to make your first In Character post within five days.

Not sure where or how to start roleplaying? You can check the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for a list of open threads, as well as tons of people looking to plot out adventures with your new character! You can also start your own thread and see what kinds of interesting characters turn up for you. If you haven't already, please update your profile with detailed information on your character -- it'll help others get a feel for him/her, which in turn will help generate thread ideas.

You can also start doing other cool things like:

• Earning Word of the Day points, which can get you custom titles and even icons!
  • Fulling requirements for the Catacombs, our IC and OOC achievement system.
  • Participate in general chats and discussions in OOC Garbage.

You can find general roleplay help and guidelines, as well as a wealth of information on our werewolves and the 'Soulsverse on the RP Guide. Don't feel pressured to read it all at once though! The guide is a huge resource and is meant to be used as a reference for various aspects of the game. If you're feeling lost or confused, don't hesitate to post a question in Roleplay Aides, or to seek out a Mentor.

[html]

no problem, I can completely understand lawl.

Geneva's explanation of what a "luperci" was listened to with rapt attention. The ability to walk on two legs at one time seemed physically impossible to Twila. She attempted to understand the implications of such a statement, but her back-leg joints ached at the mere thought of it. Stifling a tremble that wrought through her body, she considered it carefully. It didn't disgust her, as perhaps the ranked wolfess cautioned, but instead it intrigued her. She wanted to know what it looked like out of simple curiosity. It seemed genetic at Geneva's mentioning of her son and the fact that she had it since birth, and the youthful girl nodded her dawning understanding.

She couldn't deny the "creepy" factor of the idea, but for some odd reason she couldn't shake the feeling that she wanted to experience the queer idea of walking on "two legs" versus her stable and normal four. But nonetheless, her eyes still held the interest of joining what Geneva had christened as Phoenix Valley. Her attempts of pack life were going to be autoschediastical in nature, she could see it now.

However, she was eager to show that she could adjust and she could do it despite her lack of previous education or training. The rank Loas that was bestowed upon her gave her great excitement, and she nodded enthusiastically at Geneva's words as she geared to speak. "I do not judge, although you may have to excuse my..." She thought over the word that could best be used in this naive moment, "ignorance." She dipped her head humbly before the female. "I am grateful for your acceptance and I am looking forward to showing you how much of a great Loas I can be!" She spoke determinedly, emerald eyes glinting at the future that could be had.

Something bothered her however as she peered up at her new leader. "Is there anything I should know besides the.. luperci?" Nubile tongue skidded over the word as she considered what the exact thing to do next was. She didn't know of any pomp and circumstance that was beheld besides the ceremony of acceptance. "Where shall I stay?" She asked with a bit of a dry tongue.

wc 368

<style>
.twila p {margin:0px 35px 0px 35px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; text-indent:25px; }
.twila b {color:#9E8054; font-style: bold; font-size:12px; text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #663428; }
.twila {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#0b0000; word-spacing:1px; text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #663428; line-height:11px; width:450px; line-height:15px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://hanalways.com/souls/twilaback1.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-bottom:0px; padding-top:5px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]