L-O-V-E's just another word
[html]
P for Ty :] wc: 641

She had finally admitted defeat in her search for Grace. She didn’t know where her sister had gone or why, but it had been over a month and she had to accept the fact that the girl was missing. Had someone come into the lands and lured her out? Had she gone on an adventure and gotten hurt? Addison wasn’t sure. She had grown used to the company of her sibling over the months that Grace had lived with her, grown accustomed to seeing the vibrant pup and interacting with her. She had never been one for pups, never one to fawn over them or squeal on and on about their cuteness and little puppy-ness. But she’d actually begun to like Grace.

Her sister’s disappearance only reinforced her loner attitude. She shouldn’t have allowed herself to grow so close to her sister or to anyone at all. She felt stupid for having let her in the way that she had, only to be hurt when the girl disappeared. Grace was too much like Addison for her own good, perhaps. The cinnamon-hued female had always been rather flighty, never staying in one place for too long. She had left her mother and father in New Brunswick to travel to Phoenix Valley and had then departed from the Valley to join Dahlia de Mai, only to leave it a few months later to go back and find her real mother and father. Now she was back again.

What she really needed on this day was a distraction. The orange-tinged wolfess had cleaned her house already and wasn’t sure what else she could do to keep herself entertained; she had picked up her pillows and had finally packed up Grace’s toys, had swept the floor and made her bed. She sat on her sizable bed, looking about her sparse cabin for inspiration. Her days felt dull and lifeless without someone there to share them with. Her mismatched eyes fell upon her axe, which sat in the corner next to the fireplace. She could always chop up some wood for her fire.

Having decided on this task, the short female stood up. She reached for her scarf and her large gray trench coat from off of her hook by the door, putting both on and heading out the door with the axe. Addison had a small pile of logs ready to be split behind her cabin and she went for those first. It wasn’t long until she had a sizable stack of firewood ready, the logs split in half and some again into quarters if they were larger. She still wasn’t satisfied, though. She took that wood into the cabin and placed it next to the fireplace in a neat stack then headed back out the door.

It was mid-afternoon by the time that she was finished with the wood and as she walked into the forest with her axe over her shoulder her shadow stretched out in front of her. The sun had been going down earlier and earlier but now it seemed as if the days were beginning to grow again in length. It would be a few hours until the bright ball in the sky went down for good, but it was already starting to cast the land in the golden glow of a sunset.

Snow crunched beneath her feet as she made her way through the forest, observing these changes in her environment. She would look for a good tree to cut down for some more wood. Addi yawned as she went, sighing. Another day was passing by, another night alone without anyone. Since when had she become such a dependent wolf? Whether she wanted to admit it or not, her relationship with the pup had changed her. Now that the girl was gone, though, could she deal with those changes?

Table by Noelle!
[/html]
[html]

Ty let out a gruff sneeze as he prowled his way around Phoenix Valley. The half-tailed ruffian felt antsy today, mostly hungry though, it had been a while since he had a good meal. As Ty had arrived into the Valley so late into winter, he did not have many leftover supplies to endure the cold weather, and there weren't many animals out and about to simply grab along the way, so Ty had to be hunting more than he'd like in order to get a decent meal.

However, for all intents and purposes, Ty was more than glad to be back in Phoenix Valley, along with the cold chill of the winter. In the deserts of mexico and southern texas, the weather there was harsh, either sorching hot during the day, or blistering cold during the nights, there was no happy medium. Here, even when it was cold, it was only mildly temperate compared to what Ty had experienced. Plus, the diet here was much better as well, here he had elk, deer, and other large creatures to feast upon, in Mexico he barely had jackrabbits at most points.

Of course, those big meals only showed up during seasons that weren't winter, which explained Ty's dilemma. Right now the best food he would probably get was a squirrel or rabbit who had left their hibernation for another acorn or loose plant. His stomach growled lightly as he continued along his way, perhaps if he didn't find any food he could mooch of one of the other wolves, but he spat at that idea. He was stubborn, he couldn't ask the other wolves for gimmes, he wouldn't.

Just then his nose filled with the scent of another wolf in the area, and his eye caught the shadow of someone walking among the snow filled trees. The wolf smelled familiar, but not so much as he could name the scent. However, his path then changed to follow the shadow, attempting to make his footsteps louder as to not surprise the other wolf. Eventually he got close enough to recognize the wolf as Addison Soul, a wolf he had talked to once or twice. She was alone, with a coat, carrying an axe, presumably to gather firewood, or to start a one-woman war. He eventually called out to the girl, waving a hand as he jogged a little closer so he could walk beside her. "Hey," He said with a rather rugged smirk. "There is no sense in a pretty gal like yourself walking alone, would you like some company?"

<style type="text/css">
.tysunset b {font-weight:bold; color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:1px; }
.tysunset .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.tysunset p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.tysunset {margin:0px auto; width:399px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/9vblmc.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 235px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#B8B8B8; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
wc: 330

It was a chilly day in the Valley, much like the day before, and she was glad to have her coat and scarf around her neck for comfort. She had learned how to knit from the AniWayan male Hemming and had never stopped. She had a large stock of wool in the closet of her bedroom and had been trying to knit a little each day. Her scarves had slowly begun to get more intricate and interesting-looking as she mixed colors and patterns together to make her own style. Her first few pitiful attempts seemed as if they had been knitted ages ago compared to what she was now able to do. Her knitting books had taught her where Hemming had left off; she hadn't seen the silver and brown furred male for a long time, now, though she had gone down to AniWaya plenty of times. His scent was no longer mingled in with the others there, and she felt almost certain that he had gone from the territory.

A voice sounding off to the side of her made her stop in her tracks, craning her head to the side to have a look at whoever was there. Her tail wagged slightly as she recognized a wolf she had met during her more rebellious teenage years, Ty. She was glad to see that he had returned to the pack, as she had a few months prior. "Ty. Didn't think I'd see your mug around these lands again when I heard you'd taken off to who-knows-where. How have you been?" She remembered him, of course, with his oddly colored eyes. His were even more unique than her own, something that had made her warm to him; she often felt out of place with her bi-colored gaze, but he had the same sort of peculiarity as she and she felt comfortable around him. She kept her axe where it was, her posture relaxed, tail sweeping back and forth slowly behind her.

Table by Noelle!
[/html]
[html]

out of character text

"Mexico. I went to the deserts in Mexico." Ty corrected Addison as he walked by her side. "I decided to come back, I missed this place and, let's face it, Phoenix Valley is probably pretty boring without me." He chuckled lightly as he tried to keep up with Addison, she seemed to be moving at a rather brisk pace, and in the cold that Ty had been out in for a while some of his extremities were starting to numb from the cold. However, Ty was once again getting used to the cold, his already heavy coat was keeping him rather warm, perhaps by the end of this winter he would once again be able to weather blizzards.

Nevertheless, Ty was happy to see Addison once again. He had only talked to her once or twice before he left Phoenix Valley, but he always found Addison a joy to talk to. Although as Ty looked her up and down, he realized the wolf had changed, though for the better or for the worse Ty was aiming to find out. She was in optime form, which he hadn't usually seen her in, but she was also carrying a man-made tool and wearing a coat, something she didn't used to do a few months ago, Ty was certainly curious. "I'll be honest, I never took you as one for wearing clothes." Ty commented as he places his hands behind his back. "Is this a new thing you've picked up, or have you always liked human clothes?"

<style type="text/css">
.tysunset .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.tysunset {margin:0px auto; width:399px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/9vblmc.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 235px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#B8B8B8; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
wc: 415

"Yeah, that place" She grinned. She didn't really care where it was that he'd gone to, not the name of it anyway...but he seemed to want to correct her on it for some reason. She wondered what the place was like that he had gone to, and how it was different from the Valley. "I took off for a while, too…just got back a few months ago. So I guess I can’t say much. I found my real mother and father and saw how they really were..”She had built up an image of what types of parents they were in her head, and she’d discovered something completely different when she had actually gone to see them. They had been little more than neglectful, something that she should have realized the first time. She’d run away from Dierdre and her mother hadn’t even cared enough to go after her or find her. Some parent.

"Mom’s pretty much a neglectful idiot; she’d already had another pup by the time I got back there, but I managed to get the girl out of there and over here. She ran off, though…haven’t seen her for a few months." She shared. Addison didn’t mind telling Ty these things; he was a familiar wolf, one that she thought she wouldn’t have the chance to see again. She laughed out loud when he mentioned the lands being boring without him there. "No, they were boring without me. You should have seen the place when I came back. Ever since I came back it seems like members have been pouring in…especially older members that I hadn’t seen since before I left. Like you."

Ty took notice of her odd attire, and she shrugged the comment off. "Times have changed and so have I. I had Jefferson to look after me my first winter and spent most of it inside…now I’ve been doing more pack duties, which are outside. I was born in California..it was warmer there, I’m told. Maybe that’s why I don’t take well to this chilly weather." The clothing protected her from the worst of it, on top of her thick coat. He seemed to be doing well without clothing, she observed. "I learned how to knit…I make a lot of my own clothing now. It passes the time.. That’s kind of what I was up to now, heading out to chop some more wood for my fire. My cabin’s lonely without my sister there to cause trouble and make messes.”

Table by Noelle!
[/html]
[html]

out of character text

"Saw your parents?" He repeated, he had very little memories of his own parents, more so of his father than his mother. "Seems like everyone I know who left Phoenix Valley left for that very reason." He said with a small chuckle. "For a family member at least, not just a mother and father...makes me feel selfish for the reasons I left." He then gave a sigh and sunk his head slightly, he felt shame at finally admitting the reasons he left were selfish, but he gave Addison a smile to Ty and throw her off of pushing at him any further, the less he talked about Mexico, the better.

However, Ty couldn't help but raise his eyebrow at the way Addison addressed her mother, a neglectful idiot? That was certainly an odd way to address one's parent, but that's when Addison explained that her mother had another child in her absence. His eyes couldn't help but open in surprise, another pup? And it was neglected? "That's rather upsetting to hear, no mother should be neglectful of their child, good thing you pulled her out of there." He mentioned with a small growl in the back of his throat, his own mother had tried her best to take care of him, though he was destined to break off from her, without her original help he would not be standing here today.

The conversation again went to a lighter note as they began talking about her attire. Her explanation made sense to Ty in the fact that more clothes made more warmth, even he sometimes had big chills hit him through his furry coat. Giving a soft shrug, he added. "I guess you picked up a good skill then, after all, we are so fa from what wolves were, we might as well adapt more human cultures." His eyes turned to the axe. "Do you want some help chopping or carrying wood? I don't really have anything else to do today. Aside from gathering bits of food."

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]