But he'll always be a problem
[html]<style type="text/css">
.claudius03 {margin:0 auto;padding:0;background:#6AA2B1 url(http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/844/claudius03.jpg) no-repeat right top;width:100% }
.claudius03 .in {padding:10px 10px 10px 20px; font-family:arial;font-size:1em;color:#000;}
.claudius03 .box {width:220px;height:400px;float:right;}
.claudius03 p {margin:0;padding:0;text-indent:30px;text-shadow:1px 1px 1px #6AA2B1}
.claudius03 .ooc {font-size:0.95em;font-style:italic;}
.claudius03 .line { border-bottom:1px dotted #5A899B; margin:0 220px 5px auto;}
.claudius03 b {color:#0C1C33;font-family:georgia}
.claudius03 .header {color:#CFDB62;font-family:georgia;font-size:140%;font-style:italic;text-align:center;text-shadow:#11271B 1px 1px 2px;padding-bottom:10px}
.claudius03 a {color:#43213A}
.claudius03 a:hover {color:#214055;text-decoration:underline}</style>

all the anguish you suppressed

Backdated to January 2nd. (301)

Claudius still felt horrible about how he had acted around Liliana and wanted to make up for it somehow. He had never really had to make up for anything before – usually it was he who demanded the apologies and it was he who came running to his mother, his face streaked by tears. But today, he finally acknowledged that he might be the one causing Liliana the pain – and hopefully not the tears – so he decided to do what his brother had never done for him on his own: apologize.

Claudius didn’t know if it would be rude to show up empty-handed, so he carried a mason jar of nettle he had collected during the warmer months. He’d found some growing along one of the fences on the borders of AniWayan territory and had kept it stored in his den ever since. He also had a large pot and a stirring stick he had carved for when he would have to boil the nettle to create a dye. He didn’t trust the bag, since it was old and beginning to fray, so he cradled his precious jar of nettle in his arms.

He remembered Liliana had mentioned she was in charge of all the horses in AniWaya. Since the stables were on his way to the village, Claudius decided it would be easier to stop by there first to see if she was there. As he neared the stables, he could hear the sounds of horses whinnying inside. He slowed down and creeped closer, hoping the horses would not see him. He peered inside the stable and cleared his voice.

“U-uhm, L-liliana? Are you h-h-here? It’s C-c-c-laudius.” He didn’t enter the stable, but rather, lingered at the edge. He didn’t want to get any closer to the horses than he needed.

[/html]
[html]

WC: 313 OOC: Whee fun :3

Liliana was exactly where Claudius figured she would be. She was tending to the horses, keeping them as content as possible, one of the horses had sustained a rather nasty cut… or was it a bite? Whatever it was she had to take care of it so she was sitting out of the horse’s stable, cleaning out the wound and wrapping it up so it didn’t get infected. A horse without a leg wouldn’t be much of one at all. So she would have to watch the wound for several days. As she was wrapping up the leg, she saw a figure come close to the stables but not in, and then heard the stutter of the boy who seemed angry at her for her entrance at his sister’s reunion.

Yes I’m in here.

She said, but had seen the hesitance the boy had put on when he was near Oce’s horse, and thought, he must have been uncomfortable with them.

Actually I’ll be right out.

She led the injured horse back to his stall and closed the door before moving out to see the boy laden with a few things. Liliana raised an eyebrow unsure of what she should think of such a sight, but she smiled.

It’s good to see you again Claudius, your sister is well I hope?

Liliana asked moving to a distance to the boy so they could speak but not so close that she would cause him discomfort. She felt bad for intruding him still, though she knew she was doing her job that the leader had told her to do, though hopefully son that would not be a problem soon when they had more skilled enough to check the borders. She wondered why the boy was here, he seemed out of his element, especially at the stables, a place she had not seen him ever before.

<style>
.lili-horse2-ooc {font-style:italic; }
.lili-horse2 p {padding:0px 7px 5px 7px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.lili-horse2 b {color:#B6D6F8; letter-spacing:.8px;}
.lili-horse2 {background-color:#213142; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010may/lilhorse2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 228px 0px; border:1px solid #7DA4CD; font-family: 'palatino linotype', palatino, georgia, serif; font-size:13px; color:#7DA4CD; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:15px; width:351px; text-align:justify; }
.lili-horse2-border {width:353px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.lili-horse2-separator{width:340px; border-bottom:1px dotted #7DA4CD; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Claudius perked up his ears at the sound of a voice. He recognized it was Liliana’s and he was glad he had decided to stop here before roaming around the village. He waited for a second, wondering if she wanted him to go inside. He poked his head in the stable nervously and retreated quickly. There was a huge horse outside of its stall! He took a step back and then another and shuffled his feet as he waited in place. Liliana spoke again, much to Claudiuses relief, indicating that she would come out to meet him. He felt relief wash over him when she said she’d be right out. He shifted his bag, pulling it farther to the front in anticipation of her arrival. Once she emerged from the stable, he would be able to offer his services as a dyer and maybe even show her what he did. While he would have liked to exchange information, he would rather not know what she did; the horses were far too scary!

She emerged after a few minutes; Claudius hoped in the elapsed time, she had put the horse back in its stall. He didn’t want to have to deal with a huge monster on the loose, after all.

He laughed quietly and awkwardly in response when she greeted him. He wished it were true – he really didn’t think she was pleased to see him, but maybe if he was a bit nicer this time around, another day she would be.

“Ocèane s-s-should be o-o-okay soon. Just, uh, getting s-s-settled and stuff,” he replied awkwardly. “U-uhm I c-c-came here today to… t-to a-apologize. Since I wasn’t v-v-very a-a-acc… accommodating the l-last time a-a-and I felt bad about it. So I brought yousome dyesand maybeIcouldd dyeyou somethingIthought.” He rushed through the last bit in an attempt not to stutter and to actually say what he needed to say. Talking was so hard.

[/html]
[html]

WC: 329 OOC: Rest assured he will dye something, too bad he's afraid of the horses haha, anyways I kinda forgot a bit of where we were going, he was going to dye something of hers, yeah? Smile

It seemed he didn’t believe that she had meant what she said and her smile faltered a little, she had never given anyone any reason that she would lie to them, well maybe Sanuye, but that was because she did not want a conflict with the coyote woman. She regained her composure though and nodded at his answer to his sister settling in. She knew things were not good with his mother, and that she had left, though she knew nothing of his other sister’s death, but she thought it was good for him to have someone to look after him even if the young man could take care of himself.

I am glad to hear it.

She could see he was having difficulties talking to her, was he afraid of her, nervous? Whatever the case she felt like he didn’t really have to be, but then again, he could just have troubles talking. She listened to what he had to say. She smiled sweetly at him, it was such a nice gesture for him to come over! She however was not use to the idea of dyes, and she knew that it was hard enough to dye her own fur, with the evidence of that on her shoulder where it had been bleached just for the ability to see the deep orange of the horse pattern on her arm.

Oh that is very kind of you, though, I am not sure what you can dye, my fur it’s rather dark and all.

At the prospect of being bleached all the way was daunting. She had a hard time with the smell of it when Dawali had done it, and she had no idea what else could be dyed, she never had any expertise in it. She felt bad that she was in a way denying him. What could she do though? She may have resented her heritage but she still liked the coloring of her own natural pelt.

<style>
.lili-horse2-ooc {font-style:italic; }
.lili-horse2 p {padding:0px 7px 5px 7px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.lili-horse2 b {color:#B6D6F8; letter-spacing:.8px;}
.lili-horse2 {background-color:#213142; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010may/lilhorse2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 228px 0px; border:1px solid #7DA4CD; font-family: 'palatino linotype', palatino, georgia, serif; font-size:13px; color:#7DA4CD; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:15px; width:351px; text-align:justify; }
.lili-horse2-border {width:353px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.lili-horse2-separator{width:340px; border-bottom:1px dotted #7DA4CD; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
Table by Sie
[/html]
[html]

Correctomundo! Big Grin (305)

Claudius nodded awkwardly when Liliana replied, I am glad to hear it, and offered her a small flinching smile in an attempt to hide his discomfort. He didn’t want to make any assumptions, but he always found these generalizable phrases to be so odd! Why was she glad to hear it? She didn’t know Ocèane; but then, he was probably still a little bitter from her presence during Oce’s return. He supposed he had always assumed that she had every right to return to AniWaya whenever she wanted, since he had always wanted to believe she would return. He just didn’t know what to think and the sudden appearance of both his sister and a tribe member he should have known, but didn’t, had been a little too much for the reclusive boy.

He glanced up at Liliana again to see her smile once she finished speaking and he again felt guilty for his poor behaviour. He didn’t want to feel so bitter about it so he hoped this would somehow make up for it. He hefted the mason jar higher in his arms again, wondering if he could set it down in the snow somewhere. After walking all this way, his arms were starting to tire.

He shook his head when Liliana expressed her doubts. She didn’t need to have her fur dyed; in fact, dyeing fur was kind of a hit-or-miss situation since he’d had a few accidental dyeings along the way.

“It doesn’t have t-to b-be fur. I-I can d-dye other things, l-like w-w-w-ood, b-beads, uh…” he trailed off in an attempt to calm his racing mind and think of other things he could dye. “And cloth, w-w-wool, a-all sorts of s-s-stuff.” He nodded hesitantly, trying to emphasize this point: he really could dye a great number of things, not just fur.

[/html]
[html]

WC:269 OOC:

Liliana said and thought these because she was a truly nice person, and she didn’t like to see others in their discomforts, it was the reason that she herself felt bad that she had intruded on his whole reunion. She couldn’t really see much into him, his face seemed pretty blank, but he did give her a smile, which was good enough for Lili, though it was shaky and for some reason did not fit him well, was it a fake smile? She didn’t know but she wasn’t going to put too much into it, he explained that it wasn’t only her own fur that could be dyed… well she did have some horse blankets, but they were not her true property, the only thing she had was possibly a warm wool blanket, it had been made by someone but not claimed, it was rather… dull, like it was just taken from the sheep wove and given to whoever had owned it first.

I do… I have something in my hut. It’s back in the village though, maybe I can carry that jar for you, and we can head that way?

She asked she could see he wasn’t enjoying standing there with the jar in his arms, and she didn’t blame the poor guy. She held out her arms, so that if he did decide to let her hold it she could just grab it and head to her hut with him in tow, in any case she’d still show him but she felt bad she was making him stay here and stand with the jar in his hands.

<style type="text/css">
.lilicardinal b {font-weight:bold; color:#810904; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.lilicardinal-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.lilicardinal p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.lilicardinal {margin:0 auto; width:458px; background-color:#030404; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... rdinal.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #E1E4D9; padding: 10px 0px 260px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ABB1B3; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table made by Erin!

[/html]
[html]

You can powerplay them walking to the village and arriving at her hut if that helps. ^^

Claudius nodded quickly when Liliana began to reply, sincerely glad she was interested in his suggestion. He had been so worried she would just think it was stupid and dismiss him. Or worse, he had worried that she was going to still be bitter over the entire incident! He was glad she was making an effort to put up with him, even if he knew he could be very difficult. His stutter made it tough for others to understand him and it embarrassed him greatly, which always exacerbated the situations. When he got really nervous, he would start twitching – even thinking about it made his hand start to shudder. He bent his knees to catch the jar as it began to slip from his grasp – all because of his stupid, stupid twitching! – and tried to recollect himself. When Liliana offered to carry it for him, he gave her a grateful look and responded quickly.

“Yes!” he replied a little too loudly. “I-I mean, y-yes, I would apprec-c-c-ciate it.” He quickly took another step closer and held out the jar with his arms. He couldn’t hold it out too far since he wasn’t strong enough for that, but he held it out away from his body just enough so that Liliana could grab it.

[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
#shawsep {background-color:#020101; background-image:url(http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... itable.png); background-position: bottom; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px solid #611d20; width:375px; margin:auto;}
#shawsep b {color:#b91c17;}
#shawsep i {color:#c66a67;}
#shawsep p {line-height:14px; font-family:georgia, cambria, serif; color:#d0bfa0; text-align:justify;}
</style>

+2 OOC: Smile

Liliana took the jar and felt that it was much heavier than she thought, and she felt more guilt go through her body as she had made to poor boy hold this thing the whole time! She hoisted it up carefully, and nodded her head for him to follow her, and they headed to the village. She walked slowly and carefully making sure the jar that belonged to Claudius did not slip from her fingers, it seemed like it would be something so rare and she didn’t think she wanted to afford to try and replace it.

It didn’t take them too long before they were near her hut. She moved sideways to pull the covering over her doorway so that the young man could enter her hut. It was rather bare except for her bed and a small fire pit which was not lit at the moment. The only decoration she had was a dreamcatcher which she had made for Nayati, she was just waiting for the perfect timing to give it to him.

Does this need any specific place to be put? Or can I set it on the ground?

She asked, finally saying something. She was not straining quite yet. It was heavy but she was use to the exercise that the horses gave her, and she was a pretty strong wolf-dog. She just wanted to make sure that she didn’t set it anywhere that the young man didn’t want her to. After all, she knew little about these things and it’s actual meaning. She was quite interested in how he would actually dye something. The only thing she had seen dyed was her small tattoo of an orange horses’ head on her arm, and the tattoo that Nayati had on his chest, though they were not burned in or anything, just dyed.

Table by Marit

[/html]
[html]

Claudius felt an immediate sense of relief when Liliana took the jar. He hadn’t realized how heavy it was, since it was a pretty big jar and he was not that strong. He was glad she was so willing to forgive him and help him help her. He really appreciated it. Perhaps later he would tell her so.

Claudius spent a few moments gaping at Liliana’s exquisite hut. Wow! He was so impressed; he still lived in his families’ old den and would really like to put his skills to use one day and build a hut himself. Perhaps one day in the future, Nian could assist him! That would be a lot of fun. Or, perhaps, the entire tribe could help out. Claudius really wanted to get to know them better – sort of like what he was doing with Liliana; though, he would prefer to initiate it on better terms.

He glanced back to Liliana when she spoke and quickly replied. “You c-can set it dow-own. It’s not that f-f-frag-g-gile.” He began to look around her hut in search of something to dye. All he spotted was a dreamcatcher – was that what she wanted him to dye? He didn’t say any more, but remained quiet, hoping she would procure the item on her own accord.

[/html]
[html]

WC: 172 OOC: sorry for late and shorness ; ;

Liliana set the jar down with great care and moved to her bed, where she found the plain wool blanket she’d thought of. It would look nice as a different color, though was washing needed? She didn’t know. She pulled the blanket up to show Claudius.

How would this do? I’ve never really dyed anything really, I just know that blankets can come in different colors, and this one looks very plain.

She shut her mouth when she felt she was talking too much. She looked down at the dirty white of the blanket. What colors could he use on it? What would she want him to use? She looked back at him expectantly, hoping that he’d approve of the blanket, and they could get into what color they could use for the blanket. She was quite interested to figure out what he would use and how he would use it. That was if he allowed her to watch him. In any case a little color wasn’t all that bad at all.

<style type="text/css">
.liliquills b {font-weight:bold; color:#A79D86; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.liliquills-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right; }
.liliquills p {text-indent:15px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.liliquills {margin:0 auto; width:407px; background-color:#0F0A04; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... lslili.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #EBECE4; padding: 120px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#676052; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Erin

[/html]
[html]

No worries, maaan

Claudius watched as Liliana gently placed the jar on the ground despite his words. He smiled a little at his, a little glad and amused that she cared so much about his belongings. He appreciated the level of respect she was showing him, even after he had not shown her too much. He supposed she was just a very kind and caring luperci – and that was probably why she and Nayati got along so well. He didn’t know the male too well, but supposed it made sense that they were living together here. Their hut was very cozy and peaceful and Claudius really did hope he and Nian could build one together. He kept revisiting this idea simply because it made so much sense: he wanted to build a home the way he wanted.

Liliana retreated to the other side of her hut and pulled out a wool blanket. He hadn’t noticed it at first, but now that she pulled it out, he realized she did indeed have something to dye. He nodded quickly as she began to speak, all the while grinning widely.

“Th-that’s p-perfect,” he replied. “I-is the b-b-blanket c-c-lean? We need to m-make su-u-u-re it’s c-c-clean buh-before we d-d-dye it.” He didn’t want to get any dirt into the dye while they were working on it, so if it was dirty, they would have to wash it in warm water and let it sit overnight before he could dye it.

[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
#shawsep {background-color:#020101; background-image:url(http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... itable.png); background-position: bottom; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px solid #611d20; width:375px; margin:auto;}
#shawsep b {color:#b91c17;}
#shawsep i {color:#c66a67;}
#shawsep p {line-height:14px; font-family:georgia, cambria, serif; color:#d0bfa0; text-align:justify;}
</style>

WC: 156 OOC: I had it all typed out… but I never posted it? :O

Liliana was hopeful and she smiled as the boy told her it would do, as long as it was clean. She looked it over and nodded.

I mean I cleaned it a few days ago, I don’t know, if you want I can shake it out.

She said, she was sure the only thing that had time to get on the blanket was her own fur, then again that was up to Claudius to decide, he was the expert on these things not her. She shook it a little. She knew she was a shedder, it wasn’t entirely her fault but maybe if she cleaned it again?

Do you want me to wash it again? I wouldn’t mind doing that.

She said, she didn’t want anything to go wrong with the process so cleaning it possibly would have been the best option. She finally decided, whatever Claudius chose would be the best option. He knew what he was doing.

Table by Marit

[/html]
[html]

Yipes! That's okay. I've been kinda slow. Also, since they need to wash the blanket, do you want to incorporate a time skip in your next post to a few days later after it's washed and dried? You can powerplay Claudius arriving at the hut. He will have left his dyes and stuff in her hut so he wouldn't have to carry them again. :}

Claudius nodded and then frowned when Liliana began to speak. No, a few days ago wasn’t clean enough. There would be all sorts of fur mixed in with the fibres of the blanket. He didn’t know if this would make a huge difference in the long run, since he had only been dying things for a short time, but he figured it would be best not to take any chances, especially when this was supposed to be him making up for past transgressions.

“Y-yeah,” he replied hesitantly. He nodded when she mentioned that she wouldn’t mind washing it again. “I-I don’t k-know if i-i-it will m-make a b-big differ-er-er-ence, but I w-want-t-t-ed to make sure,” he explained. As he began to tell her this, he began to doubt himself, but recognized this was probably for the best. He felt bad coming all this way to do nothing, but it wouldn’t do at all if he dyed it and did a bad job. That would not be very professional of him if he wanted to ascend in the skill tasks.

“I c-c-can come b-back in a few days,” he concluded.

[/html]
[html]

WC: 265 OOC: wheeeeeee XD

Liliana could sense that he didn’t want to dye it right now since it had not been just cleaned, she wished he’d gotten to her a few days before, but that was the way things were. He agreed to her washing the blanket out and she escorted him out before grabbing a bucket and finding the stream and filling it. She boiled the water so that it was warm enough to get anything out and started washing. The process was slow and boring, but she’d rather do it now than wait and find out that it was not dry enough for him to use. Once she was done, she hung it to dry inside her hut and went about her normal business.

------

It had been a few days and the blanket was dry, now she just had to catch the eye of Claudius to let him know, and so he could begin. She was excited to think about what he would do to dye it. She sat outside her hut, not something she normally did, she was usually in the stables, but she was too excited for this and was waiting to see if Claudius would pass by so she can hail him down, then they could find a time where he wasn’t busy to do the dyes. She wasn’t going to make him do it righ when she saw him. She knew that was plain rude, though she hoped he could, but that was a hope and she knew it was far off but he did say he’d be back soon enough.

<style type="text/css">
.LilianaUtina02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#688d85; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #f0f0f0; }
.LilianaUtina02-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#2e3c4b; text-align:center;}
.LilianaUtina02 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.LilianaUtina02 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#f0f0f0; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... tina02.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #5d5d5c; padding: 170px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5d5d5c; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.LilianaUtina02-border1 {width:502px; border:3px solid #f0f0f0; margin:0 auto;}
.LilianaUtina02-line1 {width:470px; border-bottom:1px dotted #8fa19d; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#00+
Table by Alli
[/html]
[html]

Yee! They are super cute. XD

It had been a few days since he had visited Liliana. He had waited, leaving his supplies in her hut so he wouldn't have to carry them again, until he thought the blanket should be dry. Since it was the winter, he knew it would dry very slowly. Without the sun and its warmth, he figured he would wait a few more days than he normally would before returning to the Wise Runner's hut.

He woke up late that morning, but set out almost immediately. Along the way, he managed to trap a small rodent for his breakfast. The thing had been quite quick and he'd almost lost it; but in the end, he had prevailed. So Claudius arrived at Liliana's hut feeling quite proud of himself and with a mouse in his belly. He felt like it would be a good day.

He could see Liliana sitting outside her hut when he approached, most likely waiting for him. He slowed his pace and approached at a calm walking speed. He preferred his two-legged form for most things, but had travelled most of the way in his Lupus form to speed up the journey. He lifted his right hand in greeting and called out to the other wolf.

"H-h-hello, Liliana." His statement was accompanied by a wide grin. "A-are you ready t-to pick up w-where w-we lef-t-t off?"

[/html]
[html]

WC:243 OOC: whee he's cute, poor stuttering pup Tongue

Liliana couldn't help but see the difference in the young man's face. he seemed much happier. It made her glad and excited to see what he would be doing for her in the next few minutes. She returned his smile and replied to him

The blanket should be all dry, it's still hanging up inside.

She said motioning him inside as she moved in herself. Oh she was very excited and it was hard to try not to show it, she felt like a puppy right now, but that's what happened when she thought she'd get to learn a little something, and she was sure to at least be enlightened by what Claudius had in mind for her. She moved to where the blanket was hanging, which was near the fireplace, but didn't take it down. she was afraid of touching it because she was a horrible shedder herself.

It's best if you take it down though I'm afraid I'd have to start all over if I touch it any.

She said blushing a little. She was glad her fur was a little dark so he wouldn't have been able to see it. She tended to get embarrassed quickly, so it was no surprise that she thought her shedding was something someone would scoff at, mostly because it reminded everyone of her dog heritage.

<style type="text/css">
.lilicardinal-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.lilicardinal {margin:0 auto; width:458px; background-color:#030404; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... rdinal.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #E1E4D9; padding: 10px 0px 260px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ABB1B3; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table made by Erin!

[/html]
[html]

He's actually only a few months younger than Liliana 8D

She brought him to where the blanket was hanging and Claudius was pleased to see how clean it was. He felt bad for making her wait an extra few days, but he hoped it would be worth it. He didn’t want to mess this up. He glanced over to Liliana when she spoke and chuckled lightly in reply. He didn’t think he was much better, either – they all had fur, after all! But luckily it wasn’t shedding season, so he hoped he wouldn’t dirty it too much.

“We’ll, l-leave it th-there f-for now,” he explained. “W-we need to pre-p-pare the dye f-first. I l-left my jar of d-dyes here. It’s been s-soaking for a f-few days, s-s-so it should be strong e-enou-ough.” He took a deep breath, trying to prepare himself. He would have a lot of explaining to do, so he couldn’t be stuttering so much.

“Can you start a f-fire? I need a-about t-two gallons of water. I c-c-can j-just gather s-some snow a-and melt it o… over the fire. Once I have about half a gallon, I’ll mix my dye with it and let it boil for a-about h-half an hour. After that, I’ll add a-about two gallons of cold water and the dyes and the wool and let it simmer for… about… an hour. Maybe longer. I d-don’t have a mordant, so it might have to t-take longer. I u-used a lot of s-stronger colours f-for the d-dye since I-I’m dying so m-much.” He paused. “D-does that make sense?” He hoped it did. He didn’t want to have to explain it all over again. He just wanted to fetch some snow for the dye.

[/html]
[html]

WC:313 OOC: I wish i could catch up and stay caught up, but people like to post on the saaammme day XD though you didn’t <3 and yes, I know he’s not a puppy but i call old dogs pups too Tongue

Liliana was thankful she wouldn’t have to handle the blanket, because she didn’t want to ruin anything and have them start over, but she did go over and start the fire as he requested. Soon the hut was filling with warmth again, and she sat back, looking over at him as he finished his explanation.

“I think I have it, if not I will do whatever you need me to do. I can help you with the water as well.”

She could tell he had trouble speaking and she didn’t want him to repeat himself, He did speak slowly so she got what he was saying. Some parts were a little confusing, but she would see what he meant by them when they got to that point.

“I think there are some buckets for water in the town hall, unless you brought your own?

She asked inquiringly. As she still had not aquired much in her home since they had saw each other last. She stood, waiting for Claudius to leave the hut first, or indicate otherwise. She was going to have something as colorful as the feathers in her hair, and this made her think about which color her blanket would be.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table made by Erin!

[/html]
[html]

Ohh I see. :o I didn't know that, haha! Also, sort of vague references to him going to the town hall to speed this along B) (507)

Claudius shivered as the hut began to warm up. It felt nice and he felt the strange tingling sensation of his skin slowly beginning to warm. He wasn't cold at all, given that he was mostly arctic wolf and therefore suited for much colder climates, but he still liked the warmth the small fire gave off.

"O-okay," he replied slowly. Liliana sounded so excited and willing to help him with this dye job that it made him very happy. He liked knowing she was interested in things he liked too. He began to stand up and collect his dye jars, which he had left in a corner of her hut for safe-keeping. He had two jars of red and one jar of blue, so he hoped it would make a nice shade of purple. They had been soaking for the last few days. The colour was very strong, so he hoped it would take to the wool. Normally, he used a mordant, but it was hard to procure the necessary supplies in the winter, so this would have to do.

Claudius perked up his ears when he heard Liliana begin to speak again. She explained that there were a few buckets in the town hall he could use and he grinned immediately. Great! He even knew where that was. He had brought a very big bucket with him, but he'd left it outside of her hut. However, the other buckets would be easier to use to collect the snow and bring it back to the hut. They could collect it all in the one big tub and melt it.

"Okay," he agreed easily. "I b-b-rought one, b-but the b-b-buckets in the t-town ha-a-all will help f-f-for collecting the s-s-sno-o-w. I'll get... th-th-em right no-ow." He stood up and paused, unsure if Liliana should come or tend to the fire. "Y-y-you can come or... s-stay with the... fire,"he added. He paused again and then decided to head out. He began his walk to the town hall to fetch the buckets. He returned soon enough since Liliana's hut was very close. He carried a few buckets and re-entered the hut. He set them all on the ground and then fetched the tub which he had left in front of her hut. He lugged it inside and set it beside the fire. He then took one of the buckets and headed outside to collect some snow. He did this a few times, coming back and forth with snow and dumping it in the big tub. By the time he had filled it up half way, some of the snow had begun to melt. Claudius grinned at Liliana triumphantly, glad it was working out so well! Now they would just have to figure out how to boil the water. He wondered if she had a way to put the tub above the fire. Perhaps they could dig a very deep pit for the fire? He wasn't sure, so he figured he would wait to see if she would speak up first.

[/html]
[html]

WC: 363 OOC: It looks like this except instead of swing around it has four legs: (And no pizza ; Wink http://lazyboygrill.com/Upload/Homes/1/S/6...7a4a59df0a7.jpg

Liliana wasn’t going to stand around and wait for him to start working, or even watch him, though she did wait for him to bring back the buckets. Things fell into place well as she grabbed the remaining bucket and started getting snow in it and tossing it in the bigger one, happy he seemed so happy. She had not seen Claudius this lively, though she didn’t often see him at all. It was a good change and in turn made her feel happy inside as she shoveled snow into the big bucket. Liliana had been thinking the same thing Claudius had been, she was sure he didn’t want to wait for the snow to melt slowly. Biting her lip Liliana thought, was there anything in the stables that could be used? Then she remembered something she’d seen that might have been used for the same thing... well in a way... it had been a large round metal thing...

“I think I might know how we can get this off the ground just a second, I’ll be right back!”

She said and hurried out of the hut. It took her longer than she thought because it was heavier than she thought, but she was able to mostly roll the thing in the snow, and it looked like it would be sturdy enough to hold the large bucket. Rolling the thing into her hut she set it just over the fire.

“Think it will work?”

She asked scrutinizingly, it was a few inches over the fire and the four legs that the round grill was sitting on seemed sturdy enough, only things that looked unstable at all were the wire bars that crossed, but she was sure they would be able to keep the water on.

“How about we get this up before it gets too heavy to lift?”

She asked, she knew she’d need help lifting it and she wasn’t going to have him lift the bucket himself, they should easily make due with each others help. She stood on one side waiting for Claudius to get on the other.

<style type="text/css">
.liliquills b {font-weight:bold; color:#A79D86; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.liliquills-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right; }
.liliquills p {text-indent:15px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.liliquills {margin:0 auto; width:407px; background-color:#0F0A04; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... lslili.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #EBECE4; padding: 120px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#676052; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Erin

[/html]