Close your eyes, I'll paint them red
[html]
Sorry I didn’t start this sooner. Word Count: 415!

The past few weeks had been fairly eventful for Crimson Dreams, and for Pixie in particular. A bear had wandered into the territory, a feast had taken place, and Jazper had told her about recent problems he had been having with Kansas. She forgot things easily when exciting things were going on, and so had forgotten that her tattoo had healed enough for it to be colored. It had suddenly hit her last night that the scab had peeled off and she no longer needed to wash it. When the morning came, she quickly got Magic and began the ride out to Cercatori D’Arte.

At about noon, they arrived at the borders of the pack lands and entered without fear, having already been there plenty of times. Pixie steered her horse through the woods towards the direction of Ouija’s hut, vaguely remembering how to get there. With any luck, the big wolf would be wandering around in the woods like the last time she met him, searching for materials for his many crafts. Just as she had promised, the blue-gray wolfess had brought him several pelts—two rabbits and a hare—as gifts for the hard work he had put into making her tattoo.

She had been a little uneasy at the male’s strange behavior the last time she had finished him, when she had first gotten the design. He had acted oddly when she had shifted into her Lupus form, as though he were extremely uncomfortable. It was almost as if he couldn’t control himself. Really, there was no clear explanation for that weird groan or why he suddenly decided to pet her. It could be that he was just a creepy guy, which he was in a sense—living alone in a cabin in the woods and essentially causing people pain for a living (a hobby, even) was a little creepy in itself. But unless you counted tattooing, he hadn’t physically gone any further than randomly stroking her, and he seemed pretty normal the rest of the time that she was with him. All the same, she decided shifting into Lupus form wasn’t the best idea, and this time she was bringing Magic along with her to the cabin. He wasn’t a very good guardian, especially since she was going to be inside the hut and he was going to be tied to a tree outside. But his presence did make her feel more comfortable than if she were just alone with Ouija.

<style type="text/css">
.pixiesnow2 .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:13px; padding:8px; color:#88878d}
.pixiesnow2 .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:13px; padding:8px; color:#625155}
.pixiesnow2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#cfc0b5; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.pixiesnow2 {margin:0 auto; width:476px; background-color:#121118; background-image:url(http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/6396/pixietop2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 230px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: times new roman, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc talk: Table & Coding © James; It is fine, there was no big rush since I'm still playing catch up; 726 words

The Lupus form was his weakness. It was all because of the teachings that he had grown up with. That Luperci was a gift of the gods and should be passed to all those found in Lupus form. Because that had been drilled into his mind he often gave into temptation and simply couldn't help himself. The way he saw it was was continuing on with the work of the gods. He was just doing what he was intended to do. He was given a gift and was told to pass it on. So he did just that. And it was because of that teaching that he had reacted as he did. He had to remind herself that she already possessed the gift and didn't need him to give it to her. It also didn't help that Demo used to always tease him with that form. That she wouldn't stop until he finally gave in. That just made it harder to resist the Lupus form.

And actually Ouija didn't live in a hut at all. He had a cave that he stayed in. He only worked in the hunting lodge simply because it had place where the fire could be contained. He didn't give away the secret of his abode to anyone. And not many seemed to either know or care that he worked in the hunting lodge.Only one had ever stopped by to visit and bother him even though smoke continued to rise from the chimney since he kept the fire going. It pretty much seemed this pack just didn't care enough about each other. No one but that one had even cared to inspect what was going on. It was much different than life in the cult and he continued to miss his old life more and more every day.

He was again keeping himself busy with his work. One of the pelts had finished its soaking process and so he pulled it out of its bucket and wrung it out to get rid of the extra water from it so that it wouldn't drip all over the floor. He got up from the place where he was sitting on the floor in order to take it over to the staircase, stretching it out against the rails at the side of the stairs. He made sure the fur was taut as he tied it in place. Since he was alone in the lodge all of the time he had easily made use of all the space. He had turned it into his own personal workshop that continued to go undisturbed. Though it was doubtful that he would use it often when the seasons changed. Once it grew warm out again he would most likely do all of his work outside and abandoned the lodge in order to work under the sun. But for now it worked well for the winter so that he didn't have to worry about spending extra time to get his work done.

After he had finished tying up the hide he went to retrieve the bucket of water and carried it outside to dump out the old water. It was in the middle of this action, of him dumping the bucket of water out and onto the ground when he saw the female tying up her horse. He gave her a wave and motioned for her to come on inside. "I would guess that the tattoo has healed nicely and has turned out how you wanted so far." At least he assumed so since she had returned directly to the lodge rather than having headed towards Thornbury. "Come on in. I was just working on a hide." He finished dumping out the water then headed back towards the door of the lodge. "Did you decide on the color that you wanted it?" He questioned, having remembered that she had been stuck between red and black at the time that the brand was made. And because he didn't know what she would pick he made sure that he had supplies for both colors. It had been a tough find but he had managed it. "This shouldn't be as painful as getting the brand since it is only going into scarred flesh. If it has healed properly then you should feel no pain at all because the nerve endings will be dead."

[/html]
[html]

Kind of ironic that I put “red” in the title, now that I think about it. Tongue BTW, I worked it out with Erin on the Cambria power play. Word Count: 329

It was hard not to notice the other wolf out of the corner of her eye, with his great size and brightly dyed fur, and when she was done tying Magic up, she wandered over to Ouija. Pixie carried the prey she had caught by some rope she held in one hand that was tied around the necks of the animals. “Yeah, I had to crane my neck around to see it in the mirror, but it’s looking good.” Cambria had helped her take care of the healing tattoo, but she couldn’t ask the practitioner if her tattoo looked good. Well, she could, but Cambria’s opinion on the marking or just tattoos in general could be completely different from Pixie’s, for all she knew.

Following him inside, she briefly glanced around at the now familiar surroundings of the lodge before the question of what color she wanted the tattoo to be was brought up. “I think I’ll go with black,” she replied. She then held up the caught animals and pointed to them with her free hand. “These are for you, by the way. I thought I’d give you something to repay you for all this.” She couldn’t be sure how many people actually visited Ouija for his services, or even if they visited him at all, with him being so far away from Thornbury. In any case, the tattoo had turned out good so far, and she found it only fair to repay him.

Pixie nodded. “Well, that’s a relief,” she laughed lightly. “And I guess it’ll take less time, right?” Not that time really mattered. She really had all the time in the world. Without waiting for his answer or any further direction, she sat down on the floor in the same spot where she had been last time. She didn’t bother changing into Lupus form; she didn’t think her more comfortable form was necessary, and she was of course suspicious from what had happened last time.

<style>
.pixie-o10 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.pixie-o10 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.pixie-o10 b {color:#D0E0F5; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.pixie-o10 {background-color:#6E7277; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/pixie.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#181A1C; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:245px 0px 10px 0px; }
.pixie-o10-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

ooc talk: Table & Coding © James; Heh okays; 739 words

He smiled and nodded, glad that she seemed to be happy with what she had. That was good. He certainly didn't want to end up disappointing. After all there was no way that he could possibly redo it if it wasn't liked. It was stuck there for life now. There was no way of getting rid of it even if that is what was wanted. But of course he figured that the female knew just what sort of commitment that he was getting into when she had asked for the procedure to be done. She had to have known that it was for life and not something that could just be cast aside on a whim. Though perhaps he should have asked if she was ready for that commitment before he had even started the process. It was too late for that now though. She was happy with it so far. The next part would be easier than the first at least. The formation was already there and just needed to be filled with color now.

He nodded his head and begin the process of setting up in order to color in the brand that he had created. He didn't have a gun as others might have but used the old method of a stick with needles tucked away inside of it. It was just a effective as the gun, if not more so, but it simply took longer to complete projects. Then again this whole ordeal had taken some time. But after this was over the female was free of having to come back. She would have the work entirely completed.

He glanced up at her when she mentioned that she had brought something for her. The surprise showed on his face since he really didn't expect such a gesture. "You really didn't have to do that. I don't expect anything in return for what I do. You asked and I am able to perform so I really don't mind. I would expect that if there was something that you could do that I couldn't that you would offer your services as well." At least that was the way it worked in the cult. They all helped each other out without expecting anything in return. They were family and you didn't charge family for services. At least that was how things were done in the cult. He was learning that the same didn't apply over here. More often than not the others expected something in return for things that one couldn't do themselves.

Even though it was an unexpected treat he took what she had held up for him. He smiled and placed them aside for the moment. "Thank you for the gift. Once I get the pelts cleaned and finished I could return them to you if you wish. That is if you have something that you wish to do with them." He certainly didn't mind doing the work. Actually he quite enjoyed it. He liked having something to do. That should easily be obvious with the layout of the room and all of the other pelts that were in various stages of being worked on.

"It should take about an hour to an hour and a half since I have to do it all by hand." He gave an approximation of how long it should take. He was only doing a single color so it shouldn't take as long as if he ended up having to switch out colors. And with the other being unable to feel it he wouldn't have to worry about stopping and pausing while she got used to pain. He could just work straight through until he was done.

He watched as she sat down and waited until she was settled and comfortable. He moved to sit down behind the other and picked up his stick and dipped the needles of it into the ink. After coating the needles in color he lifted it and began to work. He poked the needles in and out of flesh in a steady rhythm to add the color to the tattoo. "After I am done adding the color that you want your tattoo will be complete. Of course you will still want to make sure to keep it clean but you won't have to do anything special with it." He spoke as he worked. He didn't have any real special care instructions to give this time.

[/html]
Table 9
[html]

Word Count: 793

Pixie had been prepared for the fact that the tattoo was undo-able or redo-able. Or, actually, she hadn’t really considered it at all. It just never crossed her mind that the marking would turn out horribly. Tattoos were art, and art could be interpreted in many forms. So even if the final result looked nothing like a bird spreading its wings, about to take flight, it could certainly be interpreted as something else if needed. Or it would look like just a bunch of squiggles. But that wasn’t a really bad thing, either. It all depended on who was looking at the design.

She watched quietly as he began setting up his workspace, glancing here and there at the various assortments of curious things in the lodge. The stick with the needles didn’t freak her out as much as the knives that he had used last time; they looked sharp and likely were, but at least they weren’t knives. Besides, as Ouija had said before, the coloring process shouldn’t hurt as much because the nerve endings were already dead. But if it didn’t hurt, what would it feel like? Would she feel anything at all? I guess there’s only way to find out, she thought to herself.

She was surprised to see…well, the surprise on his face. He had told her that she didn’t need to get him anything the last time she had been here, but could he really be this surprised by the gesture? “I thought you deserved it,” she told him. “You’re a talented artist, and you’re good to work with. I’m normally not someone who takes a lot of time to be polite, but I really would hate to be rude to you.” She smiled and added jokingly, “So be thankful for that.” Yes, there had been a moment of uncertainty when she initially got the tattoo, a moment of panic that came and went relatively quickly and now, looking back on it, seemed stupid to her. It had only been when she changed into Lupus form that Ouija seemed to think of anything other than his job, and she couldn’t really blame him for that; maybe he had weird associations with the form, just as she did with knives and snow. Other than that, he seemed like a kind, trustworthy, and experienced—three good qualities for any sort of profession.

“I don’t think I could use them for anything,” she chuckled. “I’m sure you could trade them to someone else who would use them for more useful things.” She could use a furry hat for the winter, but she doubted a pelt that had gone through the whole curing process would be very warm. She could use a new cloak and boots, too, but that would have to wait until she found someone who could make her some. At his estimation at time, she nodded, glad that the process wouldn’t take as long as last time. Hopefully she would be able to sit still that long in her Optime form.

Tapping her clawed fingers together as she waited for him to finish dipping the needles in the ink, she once again wondered what the sensation would feel like. When he began to start adding the color, it was a little underwhelming; the poking of the needles was dull against her numb skin, feeling more like one of her younger siblings tapping her with their paw. “Ah, well that’s a relief,” she said when he told her that she wouldn’t have to take any special care of the tattoo after it was colored. Even with Cambria helping her, it was a lot of work, and she was eager to not be constantly worrying about it.

For the rest of the coloring, she sat as straight as she could, tapping her foot on the ground or her fingers on her knee every now and then, but for the most part resisting the urge to fidget in her seat. Her mind wandered everywhere from Skye’s guitar lessons and Denali’s riding lessons to the worsening weather and the stable that was being built for Magic. Strangely she began to wonder what had happened to Mars, the wolf she had met from the pack to the east of her own. What was it called…the name was similar to Cercatori D’Arte, though she couldn’t be sure if it, too, was a pack of artists. Mars had certainly seemed like the artistic type, but so far he was the only person she had met who was, or had ever been, a part of that pack. He had seemed unhappy there; maybe he had left and gone to Russia, where his father was. She could only wonder about his whereabouts as Ouija finished with her tattoo.

<style>
.pixiemask-text {padding:0px 5px;}
.pixiemask p {padding:5px 0px; text-indent:15px; margin:5px;}
.pixiemask b {color:#f6c387; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; }
.pixiemask {width:350px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#da93a2; background-image:url(http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/724/souls48.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:6px 0px 260px 0px; font-family: 'palatino linotype', palatino, serif; font-size:13px; color:#720739; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:3px double #000000;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc talk: Table & Coding © James; 524 words

He was actually surprised. He wasn't used to getting anything in repayment for his services. But he never asked for anything either. No, he just did what he did because he could and another needed his services. He did for others what they couldn't do for themselves. And well, he went to others for things that he couldn't manage on his own. That system in the cult had worked for him. Everyone gave without expecting anything in return. There were no trades or barter system. They just helped each other out equally. They were family after all, or such was how they saw themselves.

He smiled and accepted the gift, placing them to the side to work on later. "Well thank you then. This is really sweet of you." He nodded his head as she mentioned not wanting the skins back for anything. Well, he could always find some use for them. Still, he had thought it the polite hing to do to offer them back. Also, all skins had to be cured before they could be used to make things or else the meat on them would rot and attract flies and maggots. Other than that it is the curing process that made them soft and lasting as well as easy to work with. Otherwise they would just get stiff and be no good to work with.

He chuckled softly at her words. Of course she would want to keep it clean as usual. But he figured that was a given. He figured that she was the sort to at least keep herself clean on a daily basis and such. He worked with a steady hand, keeping a steady rhythm, as he placed the ink beneath the flesh. He focused solely on what he was doing and didn't let his mind focus on anything else. But that was usually how he was when he worked. He focused only at the task at hand and nothing else. And not that he knew that she was thinking about Mars but he could tell her just where he was. After all he had met Mars. The other male had sat with him not too long ago. They had talked a bit while Ouija had been working on skins.

When he was finally done placing all on the ink beneath the skin he placed down his tool and sat back a bit to look at the work. Just as he had done while working on it, he picked up the cloth to wipe away the extra ink and the bit of blood that had leaked out. Even though the nerve endings were dead the veins were still there. And well, shoving sharp stuff beneath the flesh it could only be assumed that bleeding would occur. Once he had the area clean again he seemed satisfied. He had covered the entire raised surface in color. "There you go. All done." He stood up and reached out a hand to help her up as well. "Would you like me to walk you to the borders again or do you have some other appointment to attend to within the pack?"

[/html]
[html]

Guess we could wrap it up now. Word Count: 401

“Glad you like it.” She smiled back at him, wondering why he seemed surprised at the gift. Maybe the customs of bartering and gift giving were different from where he came from. Come to think of it, she even didn’t know where Ouija originally was from before he became a part of the pack of artists. Perhaps he was a foreigner like Savina and Mars. For the moment, however, she held back from asking about his origins; the cold weather left her reluctant to spend too long away from home, and this visit to Cercatori D’Arte was mainly about getting her coloring done, not to talk to Skye or any of the other pack members, much as she wanted to.

Pixie felt no pain through the coloring, though she did get tired of sitting still for so long. But when it was finally over and Ouija wiped off the ink and blood, she didn’t hesitate in hiding her joy. “Yes!” she shouted, grinning as she let Ouija help her up, even though she didn’t really need to be helped. She had wanted this tattoo for a while, and she couldn’t wait to get back to the manor and find a mirror to see the design through. Judging how well he had done with the initial branding, and since it was only one color he was using, Pixie doubted that Ouija had it screwed up, which made her all the more eager to see it.

At his question, she nodded towards the door. “I think I’ll be heading back to Crimson Dreams for now. I can find my way out of here myself, but thanks for offering to escort me. I’ll be coming here regularly to give Skye guitar lessons and to take reading lessons from her, so maybe I’ll see you sometime soon.” With that, she headed out the door, calling back behind her, “Thanks again, by the way. It’s a good thing I was able to find a tattoo artist here.” Meeting Ouija really had been lucky, after all; if she hadn’t come across him, she would have had to search for a tattoo artist for who knows how long. It was also lucky that he was as skilled as he was, and his seriousness about his work did surprise her. She had never come across anyone who really was as passionate about their work as the Cercatori pack members.

<style>
.pixie-o10 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.pixie-o10 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.pixie-o10 b {color:#D0E0F5; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.pixie-o10 {background-color:#6E7277; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/pixie.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#181A1C; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:245px 0px 10px 0px; }
.pixie-o10-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]