After all these years
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... ltable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Here you go Lin. Hope this works. SSWM: 509

It had been a while since Gaël had last seen his father. It was like one big reunion, although not in the sense that one may go for. He remembered that day well. He was standing there in silence as his brother and sister did the talking with their father. Eventually the male had made a lunge at him and all the rest of that moment seemed to fade. He didn’t want to think back to that day and tried to block it out from his memory. The giant wanted to start off fresh, like a second chance at life and didn’t want to do anything to ruin it, even if that meant having to tolerate with his father and try to forget about the awful thing he had done to his mother. He had been wondering if he should ever go back to confront his father again. Seeing as it didn’t go well the last time, he was a bit hesitant this time. His thoughts were a blur and mixed with thoughts on what to do. The male was unsure of himself and didn’t want to slip up like he did last time. He may have been a big wolf, but size didn’t really mean he was smarter than anyone else. He tried to relax his mind before figuring out what to do next.

Gaël was used to seeing the snow everywhere on the ground and it didn’t really seem to bother him much. He had been wandering around in his optime form, towering over everything and wondering what to do. Was it for the best to try and make a mutual agreement with his father and just tolerate him or continue to let this grudge ruin his life? It was probably for the best. He had left his guitar at his temporary home. He was going to eventually find a new one, but he was sure that wasn’t going to happen until he had met back up with his siblings and found out which each of them were going to do. The giant carried himself along towards the pack that his father claimed to call his home. He wondered if the chocolate male had changed at all since his last visit. Perhaps he would even remember who he and his siblings were. He emitted a soft sigh from his lips as he moved his nose to the air and sniffed for the borders. The gentle male paused when he caught the scent and was sure that he was in the right spot. Having a sense of respect, he waited for his father. He leaned on a nearby tree and crossed his arms. He could feel the anger rising in his chest, but he had learned how to control this. He hid it with a bored look on his face as his eyes wandered around. His ears remained on alert, listening for any movements coming from within the heart of the pack lands. So far there was nothing but the sound of snow falling from the trees above.

[/html]
THANKS FOR STARTING, CUPCAKE!

[html]

He knew that scent. Days ago, he did not; the same scent had perplexed him so, clouding his mind with familiar names and faces but not one he could identify as the owner. Since then, Miriette had made her reappearance all too suddenly, a face of his past that, like so many others as of late, made a blatant resurgence into his life. She had been the most malicious of her siblings, Heath the most aggressive (and later, passive-aggressive), and the "other one," whose name Jefferson had never actually received, the most unpredictable. It had been that quiet, large third boy—the one that had clearly gotten his large-frame genes from his father the most—that had lunged at him, chewed at his bad arm, yet still said but naught a word. Shrouded in mystery, yet Jefferson knew of him. He knew his background. He knew where he had come from, just as Miriette and Heath had done the same.

And Miriette had rejoined them, though Heath had not. The youngest boy spent his time as a prestiged piece of Cour des Miracles, where he was appreciated and loved, prospering and living the life he deserved after a childhood of torment and disappointment. His feelings of revenge had left him, it seemed, and instead Heath simply wanted nothing to do with his father. Miriette had joined him again on different terms, and all the while Jefferson had wondered what happened to the third boy, the giant. His questions would be answered. It wasn't Heath's nor Miriette's scents in the air, but one that lingered so familiar, so close to theirs. It had to be The Other One. Finally, perhaps that boy would have a newer identity.

But he approached with caution, shifting to his two-legged form, and brought along the dagger he had been training with. It tucked into his belt subtly, at the ready near his good hand. The ring-eyed boy had not shown his face once since that day years ago—and Jefferson assumed nothing other than that he had again arrived with revenge painted red in his eyes. The cyclops would not be alarmed, would not be jumped or surprised—he would meet his son before he could be taken off guard, whether or not The Other One had intended a stealth attack or not.

Jefferson found him, however, in the least intimidating of positions possible. Indifference in his turquoise eyes, a slump in his stance. He had not looked much different that first time they had met; Jefferson proceeded with caution, an intense fire of mistrust and suspicion in his glowing green eye, and stopped with considerable distance between them. "You," he barked, "what do you want here?"

[/html]
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... ltable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

OOC: Sorry for the wait. SSWM: 440

Gaël was the patient type and didn’t really care how long it would take for someone to come to the borders. If it was his father who would come to greet him, he was sure it would not take long before he found him. He looked around the area and more so to the snow falling from the trees above. He could see the piles of snow falling down from the movement of the smallest prey. He was sure there were some small animals wandering around in the trees to make this happen. He stayed under his tree and watched nature at work. He would only move if some of the snow if any of these animals came onto his tree and some of the snow feel on top of him. The giant kept his relaxed mood as he waited. His posture leaned gently on the tree as his mind drifted away, listening to the sounds around him. He tried to prepare himself in his mind for if it was his father to come meet him. He wasn’t sure if he should finally speak up for himself or remain as silent as he did the first time he was reunited with him and his siblings. He honestly didn’t care so long as the two of them could learn to tolerate each other and put the past behind them, or at least in the deepest parts of their minds.

Gaël’s eyes opened as he caught the scent of someone coming. He turned himself so his body would face the borders and his shoulder would lean on the trunk of the tree. Sure enough, there he was in the flesh. The brown male stepped forth from the shadows of the pack lands and turned his gaze over to his son. He was not surprised to see the male’s hostile attitude towards him. He still remembered what happened back then and was sure he hadn’t forgotten about it either. The giant kept his distance, not wanting to cause another break out like what happened last time. He did not liked to be provoked, as this was what caused him to lash out at others. He kept his mind and body calm even though the aggravating thoughts of the male returned once again. The male crossed his arms and flicked his tail before closing his eyes, finally getting a few words out. ”You haven’t changed.” He didn’t say anything after that, feeling there was really nothing else to be said. He was more of the quiet type anyways, so he would just wait to see his father’s reaction before speaking any more.

[/html]
[html]

The boy maintained a calmer air, one much different from that of their first meeting; seeing no initial conflict in the boy's peculiar turquoise eyes, Jefferson eased out of his ferocious stance. His guard was not dropped, nor did he spare his son his pointed, one-eyed gaze for even the briefest moment. Out of the three, he trusted this one the least: Miriette had lived among them in Phoenix Valley peacefully for a time, brooding but out of trouble. Heath had his own life and family in Cour des Miracles, preferring to be simply left alone, seemingly having moved on. Jefferson was grateful for that. However, this third boy, the nameless one, the cyclops did not know a thing about.

"Wish I could say the same," Jefferson muttered, his tone gravelly, displeased. This boy would be treated no different from any other that wandered to his borders without a clue; blood made no difference to Jefferson when it came to strangers, and this boy was exactly that. "Your siblings have moved on from all this bullshit, but I don't know a thing about who you are."

He dipped his head, eye glowing, talons extended from good hand and bad alike. "Now, answer the question."

[/html]
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... table2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

so sorry for the wait. SSWM: 367

Gaël was a bit disappointed to see that the male could not see the change the male had made. If he truly still resented his father so much, he would have never made the journey here to come and speak to him. He emitted a soft sigh as he stood firm and tall against the tree. ”Oh I have changed. It just seems though you’re just as stubborn as you always were.” He crossed his arms and just stood there. The giant knew he would only make things worse if he tried to come any closer to the borders. He continued to listen as he spoke about his siblings moving on from the moment they had all shared before. He wondered if the brown male had seen his siblings since he returned to the Souls region. The male shook his head to correct his father. ”I have moved on from them. I’ve put the past behind me and don’t look back. I wonder if you have done the same.” The male tilted his head to the comment about Jefferson not know who he was. How could he not know that the giant wolf standing before him was his own son? He shook his head again, needing to fill him in once more. ”I am your son, Gaël morte dre Soul.”

Once again that question of what Gaël was doing here came back up. He could not believe how blind his father seemed to be. He watched as Jefferson extended his talons. Now there was no need for him to get so worked up over this. He sighed and flicked his tail back and forth. ”Is it really not that obvious to you on what I am doing here? I came here to see you.” He paused to let his reasoning sink in with the male before he continued. ”I have not come here to fight with you. I came to talk.” He said nothing more after that. He was sure the brown male would understand him clearly. The male continued to flick his tail back and forth as he waited for his father’s response to his reasoning.

[/html]
[html]

He relaxed some, though the change was subtle; the fur at his neck remained spiked and flared, but the glow of his eye settled and his claws retracted. He hated to fight and avoided it at all costs, but the scarred man knew not to let down his guard, especially in the face of one who had attacked him before. The boy had grown, even since then, nearly towering over his father, wide-shouldered and healthy. He'd taken care of himself. Though the cyclops did not allow pride nor relief to cross his features, they blossomed in his chest. Though Jefferson knew hardly a relationship with the morte dre Soul triplets, they were his flesh and blood regardless. A fatherly presence existed within him, one he had only come to know after the siblings had first found him, and only now did it make itself known to him with this boy in particular.

An insult, perhaps, but Jefferson thought nothing of it. Miriette was far more stubborn than he, in a sadistic sort of way, and Heath was unyielding in his refusal to let the past go as this boy claimed to have done. "I will not forget having you clamped on my bad arm, no," he straightened up, raising his eye above his son almost haughtily, "but I have not once tried to force you three out of my life. It's your brother that refuses it, and Miriette comes and goes. I have no expectations nor things to let go."

"Gaël," he said, nodding his head. A strong name, for his strong, eldest son (well, that he knew of). Finally "the Other One" had an identity, a name put to those peculiar turquoise eyes and burly body, a title to disassociate him with his disgusted siblings. His ears perked some, though he was not surprised to hear Gaël had come to see him specifically. Miriette had been about, and Heath was not far away. Jefferson assumed he had only come to ask their locations, or to, well, attack again. He turned his head somewhat, slight suspicion in his eye, but motioned openly with his good arm. "Well, I'm listening," he said. There was too much for him to talk about, and thus he let Gaël choose the first subject.

<style>
.jeffers-d04 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.jeffers-d04 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.jeffers-d04 b {color:#77321A; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.jeffers-d04 {background-color:#FBF4B4; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/jeffers.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#6F6B49; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 105px 0px; }
.jeffers-d04-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Gaël was glad to see that Jefferson was relaxing himself a bit. There was no need for this extra tension especially seeing as he wanted to be peaceful and make the relationship between them better. He waited until he had his father’s full attention before he even began. He knew it would be hard for the scared man to accept that his son who attacked him would even want to come back and try to get on better terms. If this was one of the only ways he was going to find his sister then so be it. The giant kept his strong stance as the brown wolf began to speak. The male crossed his arms as he listened to his father’s words. ”I have not forgotten the actions I preformed on that day, but unlike my siblings, I have come to you in peace to put the past behind us and start anew. I will not forget what you have done, but I am will to start over again with you.” He uncrossed his arms as he looked down to his father. Boy he had sure grown.

Gaël heard Jefferson repeat his name. It was the first time he had ever told the leader who he was. He waited for the male to let the name sink in before addressing him again. The giant was sure he knew why he was here and what he was looking for, just not sure why the scared wolf did not assume that. He let out a soft sigh before leaning on a nearby tree. ”I’m looking for my sister. Perhaps you’ve seen her?” He had already heard the news about his brother and his new family so it wasn’t likely that he was going to see them for a while. All that was left now was his sister. If she was gone, it was just him and his father.

[/html]
[html]

And a strong name it was, indeed, he considered in his silence. The scarred man's one-eyed gaze held steady on his eldest son, clouded still with suspicion; Jefferson was not a naturally cruel man, despite the barren stripes across his body inflicted by countless knives and blades of teeth and claws. He knew forgiveness, he had handed it out before, but he had handed it out cautiously. Still his eye pierced into Gaël, who desired to be called a gentle giant, who desired to be called innocent and harmless after attacking his father with the size and rage Jefferson had given him in genetics, with the recklessness of the crazed man named Maluki. And yet the brute and Gabriel had fought once, but now stood as comrades of sorts. Was it so hard to imagine? After all, Jefferson knew of himself that he never desired enemies out of his own children.

A strong name, he decided, with a curt but unexplained nod of the head. His mother named him well. At the mention of Miriette, however, the cyclops's attention snapped back to reality, and he straightened up his shoulders.

"Miriette was here not long ago," he replied, a stoniness in his tone. "I thought she wanted to stay again, but she ran off. I haven't heard from her since. I last saw Heath in a pack west of here."

<style>
.jeffers-birdsz .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.jeffers-birdsz p {padding:2px 14px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.jeffers-birdsz b {color:#4E5145; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.jeffers-birdsz {background-color:#CDDCE0; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... dtable.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #EDF3F4; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#788E94; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:16px; width:418px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 115px 0px; }
.jeffers-birdsz-border {width:420px; border:1px solid #383230; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]