The mighty hunter
[html]

WC: 381

To adventure alone was Denali’s interest… at least for now it was, and he’d finally gotten the nerve to actually leave Crimson dreams all by himself. He was now a bit bigger and he was in his optime with, however many layers of clothes, it was hard to tell and he was feeling quite toasty to say the least. He found himself in the small valley field next to the shattered coast… how had he walked so far? Well it didn’t matter, the boy was here now and he was going to enjoy himself. He did like the look of this beach too. Something caught the eye of the color blind boy which was not normal. There in the thicket was a rabbit, his heart pounded… he started taking his cloths off slowly, piling them behind a rock and soon found himself changing, his hands turning to paws, his neck, now longer thicker, his arms and legs had stayed the same, too short, but that was fine, he knew how to work them. His ears were perked as he paid attention to the moving animal, and soon, he rushed in, pounced and found that he actually had a mouth full of fur, and clamped it shut as tight as he could as the thing in his mouth struggled. It had happened so quick, his instincts had taken over… and now he knew he was officially a hunter as he tasted the blood of the rabbit in his mouth. Once the struggle had died and he was finally able to let go, he got up, and in his excitement, yipped with joy.

I DID IT!!!

He yelled, after so many months of being unsuccessful here he was a proud hunter, who had just taken down hi first kill he started dancing around the dead animal, singing with no real tune.

I did it, I did it, I diiiid it!

He paid no attention to his surroundings, in fact he was being as stupid as the rabbit had been, and could have easily been attacked right then and there, but as naïve as Denali was, and how use to the protection of the pack he had been in, he forgot that he was not in his pack lands, nor was he being protected.

<style type="text/css">
.denalichipmunk b {font-weight:bold; color:#F3F87F; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.denalichipmunk-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.denalichipmunk p {text-indent:10px; padding:3px 10px; margin:0px;}
.denalichipmunk {margin:0 auto; width:407px; background-color:#2A3209; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... pmunkd.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #4B5A36; padding: 10px 0px 190px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#93A53A; line-height:17px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]<style type="text/css">
#fiajames01 { width:400px;border:1px solid #000000;background-image:url(http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... atab-1.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:210px;background-position:bottom center;background-color:#ffedf2; }
#fiajames01 p { text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-size:10px;color:#39171f }
#fiajames01 .ooc { text-align:center;font-style:italic; }
#fiajames01 .speak { color:#a60017;font-weight:bold; }
</style>

SSWM: 287.

Fiachra had found herself bored at present, and had wandered off in search of something to entertain her. She had no more furniture to make, no more clothing to mend. She would have to hunt in order to get the skins to make anything more, which was not on her list of exciting things to do today. Winter had taken away her ability to procure most herbs for medicines, which was fine, since her stock was still fairly healthy, but it ruled out another activity. She was worn thin on re-reading her books and couldn't find the materials to write. Come spring time, she would use some pigment plants in order to make ink, and would fashion herself a quill and some paper. But that was spring, and this was now.. and Fiachra was bored. What an atrocious feeling boredom was.

Entertainment had found it's way to her. She watched in fascination as a male hunted easy prey - a rabbit. She nearly helped him, but she decided he was best left to himself. Soon enough, he had caught the rabbit, and she watched his eager celebration. Clearly, he had not been expecting to go hunting, let alone to catch something. She remembered feeling that same way. She chuckled softly as he sang wildly, stepping out from her hiding place and nodding to the male casually. "Greetings, stranger. I am Fiachra Gervase." She saw another rabbit and quickly darted toward it, grabbed it in both hands, and snapped it's neck. Luck and timing, that was all she needed. She turned back toward the male and grinned. "Eat with me? I'll skin them." She sat down nearby his kill, taking out a skinning knife and beginning to work.

[/html]
[html]

WC: 237 OOC:

Denali was so proud of himself, too bad his mom wasn’t here to see him, but suddenly out of nowhere, someone came up from the distance. It seemed he had been witnessed, and soon she was going after her own. It was odd… he thought… how rabbits tended to pop right out of the ground after a kill. He sat, his tongue lolling to one side, and soon started shivering, he wanted to watch her though, he wanted to see what she was doing… with her knife it seemed she was peeling away the skin… this was interesting to Denali, he blinked as she pulled away the fur from her rabbit.

Wow! I never thought of that, what do you do with the skin? Do you wear it?

To some this would be a disgusting prospect, but he liked knowing there would be one more thing in the area that can keep him warm. He nosed at his own and looked at her, kind of wishing that he could change at that moment so he could learn something, but he didn’t have a knife and he doubted he could use his claws as precisely.

Show me that please? I can give you my rabbit, well his skin, I am hungry.

He said matter of factly, which he was he would never have caught the rabbit in the first place if he were not hungry at all.

<style type="text/css">
.denalichipmunk-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.denalichipmunk {margin:0 auto; width:407px; background-color:#2A3209; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... pmunkd.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #4B5A36; padding: 10px 0px 190px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#93A53A; line-height:17px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
#fiajames01 { width:400px;border:1px solid #000000;background-image:url(http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... atab-1.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:210px;background-position:bottom center;background-color:#ffedf2; }
</style>

SSWM: 252.

Fiachra was quick in skinning her rabbit, but she slowed down as she took his and began to pull the fur away. She saw the way he watched with interest, and smiled. She finished and began to clean and care for the furs, handing the rest of the rabbit back to the male for him to eat. As she worked, she spoke. "I wear them, or make thing from them.. blankets or similar." She put the skins away to be worked with later on, and began to eat her own rabbit.

Between bites, it occurred to her that she was being rather rude. She'd not even introduced herself! "Sorry, that was rude. My name is Fiachra. You can call me Fia if you like. May I ask your name?" She took another bite of rabbit, chewing thoughtfully. What a lovely way to spent the afternoon! She liked new friends and she liked good food, so what more could she ask for?

After a long moment and another bite, she had thought of another question to ask. "So, where are you from, then? Do you spend much time here?" She personally had never been here before, but she liked it. She would certainly come back to hunt, that was for sure. She was a slight wolf, even in luperci form, and taking down anything large was nearly impossible. But she liked rabbit, so it was okay. She'd never minded being small before... well, except once. But that was a story for.. never. Never.

[/html]
[html]

+3

Ok it would be harder than it seemed, he thought as he watched her, but blankets… and wearing them… that made him want to do it all the more. He smiled broadly as she gave him his meal, oh he would enjoy this very much! He started eating his own rabbit as she spoke again, about being rude… and then he felt himself rude as well… He had not introduced himself either.

Its ok… I didn’t either, My name is Denali, it really is nice to meet you.

He said genuinely. He loved meeting others and he was always at ease with them… rarely did he find himself shy away from others. He happily chewed on the delicious meat of the rabbit he’d caught unawares, savoring every moment of it. His ear twitched and he shook his head.

First time I came here, I live in Crimson Dreams. I might come here more though, it is a really nice place.

He said though he liked his home better, it was home for one, and it had everything he needed including the view of the shoreline. Denali was also use to his lands, but he did like seeing other areas as well, changing the scenery up a bit, and this was a good change, especially now that he had met someone new!

Where are you from? Around here?

He asked, licking some of the blood from his top lip, his golden puppy eyes staring up at her. she was bigger than he was… everyone was, well except for the puppies. He had not met anyone smaller than him since his friends grew older… and taller. He was unhappy that he didn’t get to be big… especially as big as Alder who had to have been as big as Kansas… if not bigger.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Erin

[/html]
</style>

Sorry for the wait, and sorry so short. Just getting back into it after being absent for moving. Hope it's not awful, lol.

She took in his name, trying to commit it to memory. Denali. She bowed her head to him and smiled at his words; there was conviction in them, as if he meant them. "'Tis lovely to meet you as well, Denali." Her words were made more sincere by the truth in his; it was, of course, nice to meet someone who was so pleased to have met her. She was flattered by the compliment that was his kindness. She lifted her head and chewed thoughtfully as he answered her, then smiled once again.

Her answer was a slow one, well-thought-out. "Mm.. I live in Anathema, but I was not born there. I was born out past your burnt lands. That's where my family lives. I came here after I hit adulthood." She paused, taking another bite of rabbit and chewing slowly. She didn't want to go into too much detail about her departure from home; this was home now. It had to be. She looked around her, taking in the scenery for a moment, then nodded. "This really is quite nice, isn't it? Perhaps we ought to meet here again sometime." She meant it; his company was pleasant, relaxed. He didn't make her feel under pressure, as some others had. Perhaps a friendship was just what the doctor ordered.

[/html]