Half a life
[html]
Dated to Jan 15 ok with you? wc: 283

She thought that this was the place that he had specified, but wasn’t completely certain. She had gotten some directions from a few animals along the way, but animals weren’t exactly reliable. Half of them were afraid to speak to her at all because she was a wolf, and the other half had probably lied to her to get her to go away. She hadn’t threatened them at all, having acted in a very civil and polite manner overall, so she didn’t understand it. She could only hope that their information was accurate and that she would be reaching the borders of the Cercatori D’Arte pack soon.

It had been a long trip. The luperci’s legs ached from the walk. She had stopped several times to rest up and try and get them to stop hurting, but nothing had seemed to work. If Ouija was indeed inside of these lands then she would try and get a leg-rub out of him before she left again. Perhaps he would allow her to stay long enough for her sore muscles to mend a little before he sent her on her way, as well. Again, she could only hope.

If she had come out to this place in the middle of nowhere for no reason, she’d be pretty pissed. The girl grumbled to herself a little bit as she walked, sniffing around every couple of minutes. As she neared the border area her nose caught scent of something faint. It grew as she came closer and her ears perked up a bit, eyes searching about. Was this the border? She stopped, unsure, leaning against a tree for support. Damn, did her legs hurt. Hello? Is anyone out there?” She called.

[/html]
[html]

ooc talk: Table & Coding © James; Works for me; 559 words

Ouija had finished the gris gris that he had promised to make, something that he actually didn't do for others. That was one thing he thought others should craft for themselves. After all it was a representation of them. He felt that it added to the power of the protection if the one that wore it were the one to create it. Of course Addison hadn't been in the cult and so he doubted that she knew what it took to make one. It was for that reason that he had made the offer. They had started off rocky but he felt they had ended up making a bit of progress by the end of the meeting. And well, she was quite the lovely young lady so of course he wouldn't want to see anything happen to her. That was certainly one of the reasons that he had agreed to do this for her. He didn't want to hear tell or see anything happen to her.

Because of the time of the year he couldn't find the plants he needed to fill it with and so he had taken some from his own to fill it, giving her half of what he had. He would just have to refill his own when spring came around and advise her to do the same. He hoped that what they each had would be enough to just hold out until they could get some fresh plants. He hoped for a winter that wouldn't prove to be too harsh since they would be afforded half the protection as normal. Of course that wasn't a pleasant thought at all. Though at least he had his rune work for that added bit of protection.

Still he felt like it was missing something. Something that he couldn't quite put his finger on. He was out and looking, trying to figure out what that something was when he heard the call. He smiled as he recognized the voice. It was that same sweet voice that had threatened him before. He headed out to find the source and found the female waiting at the borders. "So you've found me." He spoke with a grin and stepped close, though no close enough to invade her space. After all he had learned last time that she hadn't liked that. Instead he leaned against a tree opposite of her and held up the snake skin gris gris that he had crafted for her. "Since I didn't have any stored up supplies I gave you half of what was in mine. When the seasons change it can be refilled so you can be offered full protection. Still you can add in things that are personal to you. Your own good luck charms. If you have a bit of fur that you don't mind sharing I'd put that in there to personalize it to work for you." He had his own fur in his so that it would work only on him, not that he believed that any would steal his. He just believed that it worked better when the owner was known. "I still feel that it is missing something, perhaps something that ties to you, but I haven't been able to figure out what it is yet. Though it is perhaps better that add to it and make it your own."

[/html]
[html]
Awwww, from his own store! Cute!! wc: 374

The tree that she was leaning against wasn’t very comfortable, and she considered climbing it to try and gain both a better viewpoint and a more comfortable position. She didn’t want to just lay on the ground for anyone to come and find; there was no telling what these wolves were like. She hadn’t really liked the Anathema wolf that she’d come across when she had gone up there, and she could only hope that these ones would be better tempered. Ouija lived there, so she could at least say that she knew a member of their pack if someone besides the colorful male came along.

She was starting to clamber up the tree when she heard a voice, and she slipped, grabbing for one of the lower branches. She caught her hand on a piece that was sticking out of it and blood started to pour from the cut, dripping down onto the ground. Addison cursed as she hit the ground, landing evenly on two feet. She pulled some snow off of the ground and placed it against the cut, trying to soak some of it up and clean the wound out. There were probably splinters inside of it, that was why it hurt so badly.

The wolf that stepped out of the brush was familiar, and she let her guard down a little as he approached. She really had been worried that someone else would come along, and was relieved to see Ouija. ”I’m glad it’s you” She breathed a sigh of relief. ”And Ohhh…wow. I didn’t really expect you’d make me one, and to take from your own to make it..well. I really appreciate it” Addison wished that she had brought something for him in return, and frowned guiltily at the thought.

Blood dripped down onto her foot and she moved her hand a little, tossing the red snow and water down onto the ground. There was something stuck in the cut, a large slice of wood and a few smaller ones sticking out at odd angles. She took the gris-gris with the hand that wasn’t injured, holding her sliced hand to show him. ”The tree bit me.” It didn't hurt THAT bad, but pounded with each beat of her heart.

[/html]
[html]

ooc talk: Table & Coding © James; Yes, he will just have to refill his in the spring and then prolly have to show Addi what to use to put in hers as well to keep her safe too; 764 words

The male actually didn't see much of the other members of this pack. They all stayed in town while he remained in the forest. Not that he really tried to socialize with them much anyways. That had ceased at the first meeting. Even though he had joined in on the celebration he remained sitting around the sides. He didn't really attempt to take part in the festivities. He had only attended to deliver the gift that he had promised another. And it was there that he had seen the pack had grown with faces he didn't recognize. He didn't attempt to socialize there either. Though he couldn't help flirting with the other craftsman seeing as his remark had left himself open to it. But it wasn't really an issue that he pressed though.

He chuckled at the female's words. Glad it was him? That was something he wouldn't have expected after how their first meeting had started out. Honestly he didn't really expect her to come and find him. He wasn't normally of the pessimistic sort but he was noticing how different this world was from the one that he grew up in. How some said things that would appease for the moment and would never follow through. How these canines expected to be rewarded for their efforts. It was a concept that Ouija didn't have. It felt wrong to ask for something in return for what he did. He made things for practical use so why should he force someone to have to give him something for that? He had always freely shared his talents. And should he have needed something while in the cult then it was simply given to him. That didn't happen here. Everyone seemed more concern for themselves than for the group as a whole. And slowly Ouija had been separating himself from that and not making attempts to get to know those in his pack or form bonds. He couldn't say that he cared for these that he shared land with. Granted, if he was approached to help then he would most likely give his services simply because that was just who he was.

"I promised you that I would. I am true to my word. And it is just a few herbs. I can replace it as soon as they grow again. If you wish I can also show you what you will want to add to yours to make it potent." After all he didn't want anything happening to her. What could you say? He was a sucker for a pretty face. Or anyone with more than one color. Even other things that made them unique from himself. He had fallen prey to the beauty of scarring as well. Each scar often told a story of survival and valor, what was more endearing than that? Than to have survived some traumatic event to tell about it?

He frowned as she showed him her hand, the care and concern clear on his face. "It seems you got your gris gris right in time. Why not try it on while I take care of the bad tree." He looked up from her hand to her face before moving closer to the tree. "You are a bad tree! You aren't allowed to go around biting all of the pretty young ladies!" He gave the tree a firms scolding before spanking it. It was a moment of silliness before he turned serious again. "Let me help? I'm not a medic but I can at least get the pieces out." He asked as he reached for her injured hand, holding out his own towards her. It showed that he had quickly learned to not touch her without her expressed permission and so he continued to hold himself back. He didn't want her to go from being glad to see him back to not wanting to be near him again. So he would take it slow even though all he really wanted to do was grab her hand and pull out all of the little pieces of would that were sticking out just so that it could be properly cleaned. He might not know the plants to add to it to aide in healing but he at least knew that all foreign objects had to be removed and it had to be thoroughly cleaned. He had done this for his own wounds. The healing process was slow because he didn't have the knowledge of the plants to add to his wounds but he had kept them clean and thus free of infection.

[/html]
[html]
wc: 439

Addison should probably have learned more about the members of her pack, but she often found herself wandering outside of the borders and finding friends outside instead of inside of it. It wasn’t that she didn’t like her pack, she loved the Valley. She just liked to wander, as well. She was around enough to do her pack duties and hopefully please Jefferson - she wanted to get up a little higher in the pack – but also took a lot of time to herself to travel to other packs and territories like Halifax for her own personal reasons. This counted as a personal reason to her, her visit to see Ouija.

Their first meeting had been a little rocky, yes, but there was something about the wolf that had made her want to come and visit him. She had also been fairly bored lately…that was most likely another reason behind her visit. She had nothing else to do without Grace around and she hadn’t had that bad of a time with him in the city. She had been very impressed with his weapons and knowledge, in fact, after she had calmed down a bit; Addison wasn’t one who enjoyed being touched without permission, and sometimes others found that out the hard way.

He had indeed made her the present that he had promised. She wanted to clap her hands together like a pup, but held back; she was rarely given gifts, especially something as special as a gris-gris; she was a lucky girl. She put it around her neck when he instructed her to, and it hung comfortably there. It was a nice weight, not heavy but not so light that she wasn’t aware of it. She had never been one for jewelry or anything of that sort, but this wasn’t like that. It did hang around her neck, but was more simple.

Ouija’s reaction to the tree made her laugh out loud, a surprising sound even to her own ears. When was the last time she had laughed since Grace’s disappearance? Every day seemed more dull than the last without the little girl there to play with and talk to. She was lonely, perhaps, though she refused to admit it. Ouija was a silly wolf, and he was slowly beginning to make her forget about the fact that her cabin was empty without her little sibling there. She could be happy without her. When he reached for her hand and spoke of removing the wood she offered it freely. ”It deserved that spanking. Like a naughty pup…we have to teach it that it doesn’t need to bite people.”

[/html]
[html]

ooc talk: Table & Coding © James; 715 words

Ouija didn't know much about his own pack that he was in. He couldn't tell who all was staying there or anything like that. No, he knew more from other packs than he knew within his own pack. But at least he could say he had connections to about every single pack that was out there. He could practically go to any of them and have someone greet him with open arms. How many of the others in this could say they had such a good repertoire as well? He wasn't sure of that answer himself. He was just glad to have multiple places to go should he ever need to. After all there was only ocean after this landmass. He had been to the other side multiple times now. He couldn't just pack up and cross like he had when getting from New Brunswick to this place. It just wouldn't work that way.

He was glad that she had come to visit as well. Otherwise he would have had to try and find her. Most of the other he had met were in neutral lands so he wasn't certain where the packs were actually located. But at least has a scent and name to place with them as others had told him where they were staying and well, he had that canines scent to go by. So without exact directions he would have probably been left wandering until he finally stumbled onto the place. So it was really good that she had found him. Especially since he had been stressing himself about that personal little adornment that the gris gris was lacking.

He smiled as he watched her put it on. "How does that feel? The cord can be shortened if you need it to be." He asked as he reached out a hand to try and adjust it before thinking better of it and dropping his hand instead. He was doing good, or so he imagined. While he forgot for a moment and reached for her he had stopped himself every single time. He was simply used to being allowed to touch whenever he wanted to within the cult. Those canines knew him and knew he would never hurt someone unless it was asked for, unless it would give whoever he was hurting pleasure. "For it to work you have to keep it on at all times. You can't remove it. So I want to make sure that it is comfortable for you." Well, it wouldn't really hurt her if she took it off but it would no longer offer protection if she wasn't wearing it though.

He grinned a bit when she laughed at what he was doing. It really felt to lighten the mood between them, at least to him. He could be quite silly at times. Though he knew how to be serious and focused when it came to work. After all he spent most of his time working. And other times were spent flirting. So yes, he knew how to have a good time. He just put his work and tasks first. He just couldn't feel settled if anything was left undone. He had been instructed that breaks weren't to be taken until work was all done.

"Exactly! It has to stay in that same spot and not allowed to play until it can learn to be nice. We will just have to tell everyone that it is in time out and no one it allowed to play with it or near it." The words were given with an affirmative nod of his head. He took her hand when it was offered and focused on pulling out what splinters that he could see right off. He removed all of the bigger pieces, having tried to be gentle with the process. After all he didn't want to cause her any harm but he had to remove the foreign objects. "If you are able to stay for a little while you should come to my den. I can wash your hand and I believe I have something to wrap it with there." His words were somewhat distracted since he had been staring at her palm as he spoke, having looked for any other wood pieces that he could see right off.

[/html]
[html]
eheheheeeee~~ wc: 448

The trip had been long and boring for Addison, without someone there to talk to or much to do as she walked. She sometimes spoke with animals if she could find any that were nearby, but this time she hadn’t been very lucky with that. It was the middle of winter, though, and that could be the reason. Addison wasn’t a very big wolf and she had a knack for speaking to the lower creatures. Perhaps they didn’t think that she was very threatening because of her short stature. The girl didn’t usually have a problem getting deer or other prey animals to approach her, even; she could be sweet when she wanted to. She just rarely wanted to.

”It feels just fine. And I don’t think it’ll be a problem…it’s not too heavy and I don’t think it’ll get in the way. But hey…What’s time out?” She asked curiously. It was a word that she’d never heard before, and she was interested to learn what it meant. She’d told Grace to go to her room on an almost daily basis when the pup had lived with her, but had never used the time out method. She looked back at Ouija quizzically, running her fingers over her new neck adornment with her free hand.

He examined her cut hand with care and she held still, making small grimaces of discomfort at the pinches and sharp pains that came occasionally as he pulled splinters out of it. She didn’t yelp or make any sound until he seemed to be finished with it, though, opening her mouth to speak once more. ”Lucky I found you out here at the borders. Do you think one of the pack would have let me in to try and find you? Heh. I wasn’t doing much in Phoenix Valley today…I figured it was a nice enough day to come and see you.”

Ouija offered to take her back to his den and patch her up further, and she quickly agreed. She had come here to visit and see if he had made that pouch, so why not get a tour while she was at it? Jefferson would probably want to know about this new pack, and she figured that it was a part of her job to get information on this new group while she was here anyway. The girl’s blue and yellow gaze settled on Ouija’s face, though he wasn’t looking back up at her, nodding before realizing that he couldn’t see her nod and choosing to speak. ”Sure! My legs are pretty tired, too…It was a heck of a long walk. They were starting to cramp up just before I got here.”

[/html]
[html]

ooc talk: Table & Coding © James; 1176 words

Ouija was usually going over something or another in his head and so could easily get himself lost since he didn't exactly pay attention to where he was going when he lost himself in his thoughts. Of course his thoughts ended up surrounding things that needed to be accomplished, about different tasks. There were even the thoughts about things that needed to be collected or set up in order to get something else done. So yes, work was usually always what was on his mind. He just liked to keep his hands and mind busy. He couldn't stand just being idle. At least he couldn't if he wasn't in a drugged state. Seeing as he didn't have easy access to intoxicants then he was usually working on something or another.

"I'm glad. I think the snake skin helps since it stays cooler than fur." Fur just seemed to trap heat. Or it felt that way to him as he had a hide on his lap and he was working near the fire to clean it. He didn't have that much of a problem with the snake skin though. At least not heat wise, though with it being something he had to work extra carefully with it so as not the tear it. He also had to end up layering it so it wasn't too thin to hold anything inside. He wanted it to be durable since he wished it to last a lifetime.

He frowned in thought as to how to answer the question. He wasn't exactly sure how to explain the expression. "Well when pups would act up in the cult they were put in time out. They weren't allowed to get up and play with the others. They had to stay where they were placed and no one was allowed near them to bother them. The only one that could talk to them was who put them in time out and that was only to make sure that they would obey and end time out. It could last any amount of time depending on how bad they were and how much they wouldn't listen or tried to get out of time out. And if you tried to talk to or play with someone in time out then you were put in time out as well, though in a different place so you couldn't talk to the other one in time out." He tried to give the basic explanation of what he saw going on in the cult. Just as he had learned about spanking from them. The naughty pups were spanked and then placed in time out until they learned their lesson. Of course Ouija had his share of trouble but he had quickly learned since these lessons were taught from a young age. Just as his training in his skill set as well as religion and other aspects of life in the cult. Lessons practically started when one was right out of the womb. It had been proven effective that pups stuck to routine easier if it was stuck to straight from the beginning. After all, look at how old Ouija was and how he had to finish any task he started. How he couldn't walk away and leave something unfinished. That had been instilled into him at a young age.

He didn't see her discomfort since he was concentrating solely and removing what he could see in her hand. If he had seen them then he would have been quick to apologize and ask her if she wanted him to stop. After all he wasn't looking to cause her pain or anything. That was the last thing he wanted for anyone. No, he had grown up being taught to spread pleasure. To please another in whatever way it took for it to happen. No, he was trying to cause as little pain and discomfort as possible. But he supposed that it couldn't be entirely prevented since it was sharp stuff being pulled from flesh.

"I don't see why you would stop. There has been another to visit before. I did a tattoo for her so she had to come find me to color it. Though she also said that she came often to see Skye as well. You aren't doing any harm here. And if there was trouble I would take the blame since I told you that you could visit me here." He stuck to his responsibilities. Perhaps he shouldn't have given her permission without speaking to the leaders first but he really didn't see what it would hurt. Still if there were any problems then the blame rested with him since he had told her to find him here.

When he couldn't see anything else he finally looked up at her again. He smiled as she spoke of her agreement. Though the words she used had him kneeling with his back towards her. "Climb on and I will carry you." He figured that she wouldn't mind so much being on his back. It wasn't like he was trying to pick her up and hold her in his arms. No, this way she could easily slip down if she got uncomfortable. And well, it provided her a way to travel while resting her legs and not really having to worry about him getting at her to touch her. At least he hoped the proposed option was a safe one. Either way he would still have to walk and lead her to his den in the forest.

In one fashion or another he would take her to his hidden place in the woods. After all he knew just where to find it from where the foliage hid the opening to passersby. "Be careful when entering, I have candles lit on the floor. Also try not to touch the walls too much because I don't need what it written on them being rubbed off." He gave the caution as he held the overgrowth back so that she could slip inside beneath the overhanging rock which had kept the entrance way dry and clear of snow and such. On the walls were runes drawn in chalk, similar to what was on his body. He kept the spell work on his walls for protection. The multiple candles, tucked up close to the walls so that the floor space was left open, on the floor provided light in the underground cavern. Also on the floor there were dolls scattered about, some for luck and others just for aesthetic appeal. In the back of the cave was a water source, a pond of sorts. Of course he had his satchel and some of furs laying about. It was cluttered in an organized sort of way. Since he didn't have shelves or tables or anything everything was in the floor but they were kept out of the way enough to look almost neat and prevented things from being tripped over. Besides all the items on the floor gave it the feel of home and of being lived in.

[/html]
[html]
eheheheeeee~~ wc: 430

Addison hadn’t been one hundred percent sure that he wasn’t kidding when he had offered for her to come and visit him, so she hadn’t gone any farther into the pack territory than she’d needed to to get someone’s attention. She wasn’t one to disrespect boundaries, and wasn’t sure what would have happened to Ouija if he had crossed into Phoenix Valley. Her dad would have been pretty angry, that was for sure. She had never seen him take on an outsider, but he would likely have chased them back outside of the lands to neutral grounds, if not farther. He was a stubborn old man.

”I guess I wasn’t sure that you had really meant I could come.” She explained, having kept quiet after his explanation of time-out. ”And I do believe that Mr. Tree would highly benefit from some time-out after what he did to me.” She grinned. Ouija then offered her a ride to his den, something she had been unprepared to hear. She wouldn’t be too heavy for him? The girl was worried about that, certainly. She didn’t want to damage her gris-gris either, and made sure that it didn’t get stuck between them as she took her spot on his back. He didn’t seem to be having any trouble with carrying her.

She probably wouldn’t have accepted except for the fact that her legs felt as if they were about to fall off. He let her down when they reached his den and she was careful like he said, slipping inside between the folds of overgrowth. Addison was unused to such an idea, living in a place like he did, but was interested nonetheless. She was mindful not to step on anything and kept herself from leaning on the walls, keeping her balance carefully as she walked. The walls reminded her of Ouija himself, covered in various designs and colors and patterns.

”I like it.” Addison lived in a man-made cabin that she had fixed up when she’d first moved out of her father and Geneva’s cabin when she had been growing up. She preferred to live inside the shelter of a house rather than a cave or den if she could help it. She found that she could control the temperature a little better. She had spent some time living out in the wild when she had gone to find Dierdre and Cerulean, and those nights had been some of the worst in her life; she’d hated the cold. ”It’s not as cold as I thought it would be, for a cave.” She commented.

[/html]
[html]

ooc talk: Table & Coding © James; 793 words

He would have done the exact same thing if it were him. He was respectful of boundaries as well. Though that should be apparent by now since he was remaining hands off unless she allowed for her. He got her permission before he ever touched her. Just as he allowed her to decide if she wanted the ride or not. He was only looking to relieve the ache in her legs, if only temporary. After all he lived further into the territory and he didn't want to force her to walk the whole way if her legs were hurting her.

"I wouldn't say something that I didn't mean." That was just the way that he was. He spoke the truth. He kept his word when he gave it. If he didn't have his honor and loyalty they what did he have? What other things could he show to prove that he was able to be trusted? He certainly had no idea. And such is why he refused to tarnish his reputation. Of course he was having to start over in a way since the cult was no longer around to vouch for him any longer. But he seemed to make fairly decent progress so far. He had others in other packs that he knew could and would speak on his behalf, at least he hoped so.

He chuckled and nodded his head to her words. "I think Mr. Tree deserves and extended time out. I think we should leave him alone for the rest of the day. He will just have to sit here all by himself and think about what he did. Maybe tomorrow Mr. Tree will finally decide to obey." That was suggestion at least. He could keep up the silly game, could give a reason as to why they were leaving. And well, if he had to show Addison back to the borders sometime later then he would just have to make sure that they didn't go anywhere near Mr. Tree since he would still be in time out.

With being used to pick up the dead weight of carcasses to hang up and work on skinning the other really didn't have to worry about him not being able to pick her up and carry her. He was large and while muscles weren't bulging they were defined in the least. no, he supported her weight easily enough. Then again it wasn't like he wasn't already used to other bodies pressed against his own. He was used to supporting weight in one fashion or another. When they were younger he had carried Demi around from time to time. So really, this was nothing for him.

He took the most direct route to his hidden home, getting there as quickly as he could while having made sure that Addison was comfortable for the entire trip. And when they got there he made sure to kneel down again so that she could ease her way off. He was trying to remain as respectful towards her as was possible. He was trying his best to not upset her again. He wasn't exactly used to someone not feeling comfortable with him right off. But then again he had lived in an environment where free touch was allowed and welcomed. He had grown up around those other canines, some had watched over him as he had aged. Still they knew just how he was. That he might be a bit forward with his flirting at times but he was respectful should interest not be expressed. This female just didn't have the privilege of growing up with him to know about that. Though he was working hard to prove it now. He would do nothing without her consent and permission.

He slipped in after Addison had made it inside, letting the foliage close over the entrance and once again hide it from view. While the enclosure was underground it was deep enough and wide enough that Ouija could stand and move freely in it without having to worry about scarping his ears against the ceiling or anything. "Thank you. I've tried to make it as much like home as possible." He smiled and moved to the back where the water was. "If you don't mind, would you come back here for a moment. I just want to wash your hand before wrapping it up." Just like when he was working on some project or another he was worried about getting business taken of first before doing or focusing on anything else. He wanted to make sure that she was taken care of first. "With the way that it is set up the warm air is trapped inside. I am careful about keeping the candles from going out."

[/html]
[html]
wc: 309

They had grown up in very different ways. It wasn't that she had grown up to dislike touch or had been taught that touch was bad, it was more of a psychological thing. Addison didn't like to be touched without permission because she liked to be able to have the choice of being touched or not touched. She knew herself and knew that if she was touched in the wrong way that it could completely ruin a friendship or relationship and make her feel uneasy around whoever had done so. So she would ask people to ask her permission first so that her mind wouldn't revert back to its old ways and so that she would not become immediately defensive against the touch.

It was from the torture that she had experienced, being tied down and fed upon by Halo's rats. She'd had no choice, no ability to decide anything for herself. Her freedoms had been taken away. This made her wary of being touched at all by anyone that she wasn't very close or to or felt completely comfortable about. Perhaps the girl could be desensitized to it over time, but she would always be wary and afraid of being touched without warning. There was no telling what she might do to a wolf who approached her from behind and grabbed her, or tackled her or held her down.

She observed her surroundings quietly, continuing to look around at the walls of the cave. When Ouija asked for her to come into the back, toward the pool of water, she obliged. Addison could walk around quite comfortably in this place with her short stature, and didn't find it difficult to move around whatsoever. She joined him by the edge of the pool of water, offering him her hand once more when she reached him. So far, so good.

[/html]
[html]

ooc talk: Table & Coding © James; 580 words

Yes, they most certainly had grown up under different circumstances. Ouija had been taught the way of hedonism. Had been taught to seek out pleasure in whatever way it came. Because of that he would never seek to harm or hurt another unless it was asked for, unless it was said to give the other pleasure. He could easily conform to whatever ideal his partner had, whatever would end up being their perfect partner. The colorful male was good at receiving instructions and adhering to him. It was simply what he had grown up with throughout his life. It didn't matter if he was still young yet since his training had started at a young age.

When she came over and offered him her hand back he took it gently in one of his own hands. The other hand was used to scoop up water to pour over the female's hand. He did this numerous times, trying to make sure that he was clean. Once the hand was clean he once again checked for splinters. He finally smiled again when he didn't see any. He felt pretty good about getting them all out. At least he hoped that he had. "Wait here." He spoke the words as he got up to move away to go and find the sheet he had brought from the lodge on one of his previous visits. He had used a small portion of it to clean his walls whenever he would make a mistake. He tore a strip from the clean end of it, the end without chalk dust on it, and brought it back over to Addison. He settled back down and wrapped the cloth around her hand, having sought to try and bandage it up as best as possible. "You will probably want to get a healer to check it out and make sure that it is okay. I can't say that I know any in this pack but maybe you know one in your own?" He finished tying off the cloth and looked up at her with his question. He had done the best as he could for now and that was really all that he could do.

He sat back now that he was all done. He wasn't exactly sure what to do from this point on. "I would give you the tour but there really isn't much to see." He motioned around his den. Everything could be seen in one quick look around. "So I guess just make yourself at home until your legs feel better." He sounded uncertain as he spoke and the shrug of his shoulders only added to it. He wasn't used to just sitting around and not doing anything. It probably wouldn't have been so bad if he wasn't worried about accidentally making the wrong move or something. If he didn't feel like he was walking on eggshells around her.

Unable to just sit still he went to fetch a glass that already contained a bit of wax in it as well as a string hanging out of it. He went around to all of the burning candles and slowly poured the liquid wax from the candle into the glass to collect it and allow it to harden into a new candle, it being his way of not wasting anything. Plus, it gave him something to focus on and do for the time being since he couldn't stand just sitting idly by with nothing to do.

[/html]
[html]
Ooc here!

She wasn't one who was normally good at following orders unless they were ones that had come from Jefferson. She had been surprised by her father's reaction at the pack meeting, when he hadn't given her his approval of her changing her name. Soul, she was Addison Soul now. The D'Angelo family held little to no meaning for her any more, and she especially felt no ties to Dierdre and Cerulean. The girl had been feeling nothing but disappointment after bitter disappointment lately.

Perhaps that was part of her need to visit Ouija. He had provided her brain with a new kind of stimulation, the experience of physical touch when she had not been touched for so very long. Her mind connected touch with something bad, but after she had calmed down a bit she had realized even on that day that his touch hadn't seemed as bad as she had built it up to be. She had over-reacted, and needed to apologize.

"I'm sorry for what I did and said to you when we first met." She blurted suddenly after his mention of a healer. "I do like some consideration...for someone to ask before they touch me. But I over-reacted" She sat down next to the pool of water, looking into and then back behind her to where Ouija was walking around. "Every wolf has their own issues, I guess, huh." This physical cut on her hand was nothing compared to the emotional damage that the girl carried on her shoulders.

[/html]
[html]

ooc talk: Table & Coding © James; 397 words

Ouija was used to orders. He thrived on them actually. Then again he had grown up with daily lessons. He was always under some sort of instruction or another. Not that many knew but there was nothing more that he liked than being controlled. He got a thrill off of being told what to do. Perhaps that would seem strange to some when he was usually the one making the first move. When he was the one that was going the flirting and having made hints and suggestions at other things. Of course, just as Addison learned, if he was rejected or told not to do something then he stopped and acted in a civil manner instead.

He kept to that even now. Sure, he had a few close slip ups but he had remembered in enough time and had stopped himself before he could do anything. He was still learning after all. He still had to get used not everyone liking or desiring his touch. He glanced back over at her at her sudden words. He laughed and shook his head. "It is fine. You have the right to decide what happens to you. I'm simply used to being to touch freely. I come from a place that used touch to show friendship and affection." Not that he was making excuses or anything. No, he had just been trying to explain his standpoint. He was used to being somewhere where everyone hugged or snuggled or such.

After he had finished with collecting all of the wax he set the glass back off to the side and moved over to sit with Addison again. "We all come from different backgrounds and we all go through different things. They just add up to make us who we are." He agreed as he sat across from the other. He smiled as he held out his hands to her. "Here, want me to rub your legs and see if that makes them feel any better?" And well, he just needed something to do. He couldn't stand not having something work on or focus on. It didn't really matter that she was here because he was always like this. He always had to have something to keep his hands or mind busy with. He couldn't stand being idle. That was simply what had been drilled into him since a young age.

[/html]