megaphone screaming my name
[html]

ooc: xion is in optime form.

1. Character Name: Xion de Heritage

2. Character Birthdate (including year): December 7, 2009

3. Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Luperci Ortus

4. Species: ~50% Canis lupus, ~50% Canis lupus arctos

5. Gender: Female

6. A secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M). silverxflamexx at hotmail dot com (MSN)

7. Currently played characters: Xeris.

8. How you found 'Souls: Been here.

9. Initial post:

Deep breath in, deep breath out.

Xion had been making her way through the lands, searching for another claimed area of territory, and now it seemed that she had found one. But she couldn't see anyone around, despite the scent of wolves that was prevalent in the air. Cocking her head to one side, she suddenly noticed something. There was some sort of opening in the rock face nearby. The girl was tempted to look inside, but was anxious. She knew better than to trespass directly onto an unfamiliar pack's territory.

One of her hands moved to the silver charm on her bracelet, fiddling with it nervously. The white wolfess had never faced this sort of dilemma before; she had been naturally accepted into Phoenix Valley because it was her birthplace. But here, she was a stranger. She stood quietly for a moment, thoughts racing through her mind, before she finally decided to just get it over with. Raising her muzzle to the sky, Xion let out a howl, hoping that perhaps someone would be out patrolling and find her.

<style type="text/css">
.xionWWLI b {font-weight:bold; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow: 2px 2px 2px #000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.xionWWLI .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.xionWWLI p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.xionWWLI {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#2e2d2d; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/kche9.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 320px 0px; font-family: tahoma; sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
<style>
.naniko .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.naniko p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.naniko b {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 2px; }
.naniko {background-color:#1e252b; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... naniko.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:12px; color:#141b21; width:375px; text-align:justify; }
.naniko-border {width:379px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.naniko .inner {margin:10px 10px 190px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... nikobg.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>

She has such cool markings :o wc: 248

She wondered if it ever stopped snowing this high in the mountain. Naniko had been patrolling the peaks of her mountain home when she heard the call and it was taking her a little while to get down to the border area. She had recently claimed more land to extend their border out away from their denning area in the mountain, and it was proving to be a smart choice indeed. She'd dealt with one trespasser and hoped to have to deal with no more of them.

The snowy female was shifted as usual, her weapons-belt being the only bit of covering over her otherwise pure coat. She carried three daggers on it, one for the pack tradition of blood-sharing and two that were tipped in poison. She believed in defending herself when she needed to, and didn't go out looking for fights unless a member of her pack had been threatened and she needed to go out and punish someone for it.

Jade eyes searched through the trees before landing on the form of the other wolf. She was a female as brightly colored as the Angela herself, with two different colored eyes. These reminded her of her adopted sister Dierdre, who had boasted one blue and one gold eye, as well as a few other wolves from her past. "You look familiar, girl. You called?" She did remind her of a wolf she'd met before, but she couldn't quite put her finger on who it was.

Table by Jenny!
[/html]
[html]

It was not long before Xion heard the sound of footfalls nearby and turned her head toward the source. Another, older wolfess was standing there, with some sort of belt on that bore human weapons that Xion knew nothing about. This stranger reminded her of someone. Had her body not been clear of the scars she knew her mother to have, Xion might have wondered if Xeris had followed her here. But it soon became apparent that this was someone else, someone affiliated with whatever group lived here.

She was slightly surprised when the unfamiliar wolfess told her that she looked familiar. For now, the girl chose to remain quiet about the fact that the feeling was mutual. Inhaling deeply, she responded to the other woman in a shaky yet polite tone. "My name is Xion de Heritage, and I am looking to join your pack." That ought to be good enough, she hoped. The girl was just a little bit frightened at the prospect of being judged by this stranger on her worth to an unfamiliar pack, but it was her only choice right now.

<style type="text/css">
.xionWWLI b {font-weight:bold; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow: 2px 2px 2px #000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.xionWWLI .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.xionWWLI {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#2e2d2d; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/kche9.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 320px 0px; font-family: tahoma; sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
<style>
.naniko b {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 2px; }
.naniko {background-color:#1e252b; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... naniko.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:12px; color:#141b21; width:375px; text-align:justify; }
.naniko .inner {margin:10px 10px 190px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... nikobg.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>

wc: 246

She enjoyed politeness, especially from strangers that she found at her borders. If Naniko received good, polite behavior then she would give it back. The exception to this was the time that they had found the trespasser from Inferni; she hadn't been certain of what she would do with the male when she had first come upon the scene that day. She sometimes wondered if they shouldn't have sent the hybrid back over the borders with a few scars and bruises rather than killing him, but she tried not to think about it. At the time she had believed him to be some kind of a spy. He had come so close to their dens, had been nearly inside when they'd caught him. There was no excuse for that.

"And I am Naniko D'Angelo, the leader of the Anathema pack. Why is it that you've come to me seeking a home, Xion? Are you fleeing someone, perhaps, or aren't welcomed in your birth-pack?" Maybe the girl didn't have a birth pack. Naniko had left her own soon after her birth, as soon as she had been able to run away from the place. "Not that I couldn't use another little wolfie to play with; do you have any skills at all?" Even basic hunting or scouting would do for her; after accepting her into the pack, Xion would shape her own destiny. All that she required of Zepars was that they do basic hunting or scouting.

Table by Jenny!
[/html]
[html]

The older wolfess introduced herself and somewhere a bell rang in Xion's mind. D'Angelo? She'd definitely heard that name before. Wasn't that the surname of some of the pups her mother had watched over for a while? Xion and her brothers had spent a good portion of their early lives with those pups, but knew that they were not blood siblings. But she had also never known who exactly the parents of those children were. She was curious, but decided to leave the subject alone for now. It probably wasn't the time.

And why was she here? "I was born in Phoenix Valley," she replied, "But after leaving there and seeing the world, I decided that it is not where I belong. I crave somewhere more fulfilling." That was the best answer she could give without going into unnecessary amounts of detail. She didn't want to annoy Naniko into denying her acceptance. The Anathema leader then asked about Xion's skills. She nodded, having already gone over what she might say to such a question in her head. "I know the lands around here well. I did a lot of exploring. I also know a bit about, you know, superstitions and things. Recently I was with some wolves that taught me stuff like that."

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
<style>
</style>

Bed time for me! I will title you up now, though, so that you can post outside of this thread :] Assuming that Xion wouldn't deny the blood-sharing ceremony. wc: 299

The Valley pack had provided Naniko with a safe place to live after she had become pregnant with her second litter. Those pups were now adults and she had a member of her newest litter, Scorpius, with her in Anathema now. There were some pups that had left the territory, mainly ones from her first litter, but she hoped that the rest had chosen to stick around. She had left the lands to try and find more of her family and had been glad to see one of her sons, Harlowe, when she had come back.

"I understand. I spent some time in the Valley pack myself before leaving for the same reason. I also wanted to search for some of my long lost family members while I was out there." She explained. "When I came back I chose to try and form my own pack, unsure if I would be able to find enough members...but I gathered a following soon enough. Superstition fits in well in this pack...we believe in juju, luck, and more." There was one tradition that she held above the others, the tradition that she had performed on each pack member that had joined in the past.

"If you wish to become a true member of our pack, then you must do one more thing. You must give me your hand and allow me to make a small cut on it, a prick on a finger or slice on a palm. I will do the same and we will hold our hands together, joining in blood." She kept her face set in a very serious expression; this was one of the most important of her rituals. "After that you will always be welcomed here, even if you leave the territory. Family is always welcomed home."

Table by Jenny!
[/html]
[html]

ooc: woot. yeah I'm off to bed as well, 8 AM class and all that .__. also feel free to pp her doing the hand and blood thing.

Naniko's mention that she had also stayed in the Valley for a time further cemented the idea that Xion knew the older wolfess--or her children, at least. She was about to open her mouth to say something on the subject, but the pack leader then brought up something else. It was rather odd, mixing their blood like that. But at the same time, Xion liked the idea of it. The girl nodded, and held out her hand, mismatched eyes momentarily turning to the knives around Naniko's waist and realizing that perhaps this was what they were for.

But she couldn't hold her curiosity back any longer. If she was going to be in the same pack as Naniko, it would be good for them to get to know each other a little, she supposed. "When you were in Phoenix Valley," she began hesitantly. "Did you ever meet a wolfess named Xeris?" She had to know. It was from her aforementioned mother that she inherited such curiosity.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
<style>
</style>

:] wc: 266
She had thought that there was something familiar about the girl, and as she spoke more it began to dawn on Naniko. She did look quite a bit like the white wolfess who had helped to care for her pups when she had left the lands, and the dots were beginning to connect for her. Xion had to be some sort of a relative to her old pack mate. Naniko wondered what their bond was, if they were directly related or farther apart, and she voiced her questions aloud as she performed her ritual.

The dagger was pulled from her belt and the tiny cuts made as she spoke, pressing her sliced palm to that of her white counterpart. "I did know Xeris. She was very nice...she was put into the care of my children when I left. I haven't been back to the Valley, myself, been too busy here. I hope they're all doing well." She released the female's hand and replaced the dagger on her belt after wiping it off in the snow. "I'll disinfect it once I'm back, place the tip in the fire." She said, in case Xion was thinking that she was doing something unsanitary.

"Welcome to Anathema, Xion. You'll be a Zepar for now, the basic rank here, until you prove that you're going to stick around and make something of yourself here." She said, giving Xion a deep nod. "I can give you a little balm for that cut, if you want...I've got plenty." Naniko motioned toward the heart of the packlands, the cave system, and began to walk.

Table by Jenny!
[/html]
[html]

ooc: herp derp it's 7:30 AM and this post sucks. :U

It seemed that Xion's suspicions were confirmed; this had to be the mother of the children she had known when she was younger. They had been a little bit older than she and her brothers and she hadn't known all of them that well, but it was still good to finally meet one of their relatives. And Naniko had met Xeris as well. Xion smiled. "Xeris is my mother. I think I know your children. I spent time with them when I was younger." Cuts were made on both wolfess' hands, and Xion felt a wet sensation as her blood came into contact with Naniko's. And that was it.

At the word "welcome," Xion instantly felt a thrill inside of her. This was it, her new life. She was a part of something now. And she would, as Naniko said, "make something of herself." "Thank you," Xion replied, bowing her head respectfully. The older wolfess made a motion for her to follow, and she nodded and did so, anxious to see what she might find in her new home.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
<style>
</style>

It looked just fine to me Big Grin wc: 336

She rather enjoyed accepting new wolves, she decided. It was nice to see them and get to explain things to them from the get-go. They did have rules around here, but Xion would learn about that as time went on. The only things that she was really strict about was that she didn't want confrontations between pack members. What the members chose to do on their own time was different, in her opinion, and she didn't care if they went off and got drunk, high, got into fights, or whatever they felt they needed to do to get through the day. As long as they were doing their duties to her and the pack, what did she care?

"I must have just missed you, then, Xion...I left them in her care and have only just returned. How long were you away from the lands? Were all the rest of them still living in the Valley when you left? I know Harlowe went to Dahlia de Mai, but I don't know where the rest of them are." It was a small insecurity that she would have felt unsure about sharing with anyone who didn't already know the situation. "I mean, I figure I'll see them eventually, some day. But if they're around then I'd like to find 'em sooner rather than later." She nodded at Xion's polite 'thank you', leading her first two the caves and then inside of one of their two main entrances.

"This is where the pack lives, for the most part. It took a little getting used to, living underground and all, but I think we've adjusted well. We keep it warm to ward off the drafts..but some caves more toward the back are a bit cooler if that's to your liking." She explained to the newcomer, pointing to the hallway that led back to the other, smaller caves. The entire area was lit by a large fire, its smoke rising up through the cavern to escape through a hole in the roof. "I love it here. Very homey."

Table by Jenny!
[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Congratulations! You've been accepted into the craziest bunch of roleplayers on the vast Internet! Please remember to make your first In Character post within five days.

Not sure where or how to start roleplaying? You can check the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for a list of open threads, as well as tons of people looking to plot out adventures with your new character! You can also start your own thread and see what kinds of interesting characters turn up for you. If you haven't already, please update your profile with detailed information on your character -- it'll help others get a feel for him/her, which in turn will help generate thread ideas.

You can also start doing other cool things like:

• Earning Word of the Day points, which can get you custom titles and even icons!
  • Fulling requirements for the Catacombs, our IC and OOC achievement system.
  • Participate in general chats and discussions in OOC Garbage.

You can find general roleplay help and guidelines, as well as a wealth of information on our werewolves and the 'Soulsverse on the RP Guide. Don't feel pressured to read it all at once though! The guide is a huge resource and is meant to be used as a reference for various aspects of the game. If you're feeling lost or confused, don't hesitate to post a question in Roleplay Aides, or to seek out a Mentor.

[html]

ooc: wrap this up in a bit?

Xion hesitated when Naniko asked about the whereabouts of her children. The girl ran thoughts of the four siblings through her mind, trying to remember when she had seen them last--it had been a while. "I'm sorry," she replied, "I don't know. I haven't seen any of them in a long time, not since before I left, definitely." Xion hated not knowing things and, even more so, admitting that she didn't know those things. She felt a bit guilty for being unaware of the whereabouts of the wolves that had almost been like her own siblings, but supposed that it couldn't be helped. She too, after all, had left Phoenix Valley.

She followed the leader through the cave entrance, mismatched eyes widening in awe at the tunnels inside. What a fascinating place! Xion wondered how long these caves had been here, and just how far back they went. Her first order of business in Anathema would definitely be to go exploring. "I think I'm going to like it here, too," she told Naniko, smiling. "I've never seen a place like this before." She wanted to ask for more information, but decided that it would be better not to pester the leader so soon after meeting her, and besides, she could find out for herself. The white wolfess cast her gaze toward the tunnel that led further back, curious as to what might be there. She could get used to this, perhaps.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
<style>
</style>

You bet! End here, or you can post once more if you'd like. Either way :] And I noticed you starting some threads and posting wit h people already – you’re awesome!! wc: 336

There was something about the Valley pack that had always drawn her in, for some reason. Naniko had felt at home in Crimson Dreams, yes, but since her rape had happened there she never felt completely safe there. She hadn’t been able to stay in that bedroom ever again, and had barely been able to even live in Haven Mansion at all; every time she had entered the place she had been struck with anxiety. The light female didn’t often let things bother her, but the psychological torture of what had happened to her was long-lasting. Nowadays she could barely stand to touch others in that sort of a way unless she was intoxicated or high. It was the only way things felt good and that she wasn’t anxious about the entire situation.

Maybe it was the sense of belonging that she had felt when she had been a part of that pack. She hadn’t been friends with Jefferson, far from it, but she had respected the male for his position and leadership style. She was trying to take a style somewhat similar to his now, leading the pack and acting as if she knew what she was doing without question. But she did seek approval and guidance from a few of the members that she was closer to; primarily her family members and Azalea, who had saved her life at one point in the past.

”It’s ok.” She said to the young female, shrugging. ”I’m sure I’ll run into them sometime. And I do hope you like it here…it’s the only place I can imagine being. You can pick one of the dens down that hallway and let me know, and I’ll add you to the map that I’ve been working on” Naniko led the way down that hall, showing her the correct area. She hoped that Xion would do well in the pack; many members chose to stay at the Zepar rank indefinitely…it was up to each wolf to make their own choices and to become more than just a Zepar.

Table by Jenny!
[/html]