Hanging By A Limb
[html]

Word Count- 423

It had been along time since Ookami felt he could sleep without worry of the ghosts of his pack intruding his dreams. He walked out into a field with a big tree. It was cold outside but when he lay down beneath the big branches of the trees he felt warm once more. The sky was blanketed with a dark blue and shiny stars lit the sky. He stared up at them happily before walking in circles and plopping down on the ground. He shut his eyes with a satisfied grunt and quickly fell into a deep sleep.

His dream started very peacful. He was under the tree, however it was daytime. It was no longer winter and there were buds on the trees and the grass was a deep healthy green. He stood up and trotted down to a lake, taking a large drink. He heared voices and looked around, there was a shadow that skidded past the tree. He felt his heart skip a beat. Crap It was his Alpha, standing under the tree, eyes glowing a deep red. He was growling and his hackles were raised. Ookami still towered over this petty wolf, but he was afraid, being in the shadow form that this Alpha was in he had great powers. Ookami stood his ground, he didn't growl or back away. He stood tall, ears perked, waiting for the attack. The alpha lunged, grabbing his throat and Ookami let out a squeal of pain. He thrased with his paws, making contact a few times, but the Alpha was overpowering him. He whimpered as he felt blood rush down his chest from his throat. Ookami was bitten on the legs and stomach and he cried out and barked visioucsly. The alpha started laughing... and Ookami woke up.

He woke with a start to find a tree branch laying on top of him. He felt pain in all the places he had been injured in his dream. Throat, legs, and stomach. He was bleeding, not badly though, from every spot. He whimpered as he managed to get out from under the broken branch. He growled around him and he seemed to see shadows bursting away from under the tree. He shook in fear and bolted towards the nearest shelter he could find. He sniffed the air, smelling a familiar scent, Rendall He ran towards the scent and tried to calm himself. He slowed to a walk and was panting heavily as the scent grew stronger and stronger, he had nearly reached her.

<style>
.ookamifall .of-ooc {font-style:italic; font-family: arial, serif; font-size:11px; }
.ookamifall p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.ookamifall b {color:#bb5a14; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.ookamifall {background-color:#f0f1ed; background-image:url(http://anna.sleepyglow.net/images/gifts ... tab3v2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:439px; text-align:justify; }
.ookamifall-border {width:441px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; }
.ookamifall .box {width:165px;height:290px; float: right;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Hello sorry for the wait i was out of town ^.^ But i'm back word count: 372

Rendall had been haunted by a male in her dreams, His eyes were grey-blue orbs and his massive body always kept up with hers as she tried to run from him. Although he seemed old and ancient, whenever she tried to avoid him his legs appeared to be just as strong as hers His scent was always familiar and, when she surrendered to it, it brought her comfort, but she never found that she could stay with the male, and for some reason, she was always running again. Whe she had awoken from her latest dream she snarled and dashed out the door and into the wintery night, determined to rid her mind of the nightmare.

She ran hard and fast, keeping her feet in time with her racing heart. Icy wind raced past her face and she found no particular route, just to be away from her possesed bed and her tortured home. Rendall dug in her claws and pushed herself forward, racing with lightenting speed accross the powdery fields. Tears raced down her face from her anger and finally a whole new piece of her began to emerge. Her eyes could see better, her fur seemed thicker, tougher, her body shown a new strength, anyone who looked at her couldnt tell the difference, but if they really knew her they could see the dominate wolf in her arise to its call, the wolf who was destined to lead her forgoten pack. She stopped suddenly in the moonlight, fear overcoming her, who was she? Did she even know anymore?

A sound coming from behind her startled the wolfes, she didnt know anyone was fallowing her, she fought to keep her hackles from rising until the Valley wolf appeared and she relaxed immediatly. She half-grinned as she recognized the towering yearling, "Ookami, its good to see you again, I'm terribly sorry about that, I..needed to talk alot off my mind." She offered him a nice apologetic smiled, her blue eyes gleaming with relief, were almost a silver blue like her fur in the moonlight. She kept the tattooed tail tucked just slightly behind her leg, she never liked it when it showed and prefered to keep the story behind it a secret.

<style type="text/css">
.renrose b {font-weight:bold; color:#00C5CD; letter-spacing:1px; }
.renrose .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.renrose p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.renrose {margin:0px auto; width:397px; background-color:#00103C; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/doqmj9.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 265px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#0099CC; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

-wordcount-381-

Ookami couldnt stop seeing shadows following him, he couldn't tell if it was his imagination or if they were here. A bad feeling creeped up his spine. He snapped at everything around him. He barked and snarled. He looked around on the ground and saw a small trail of blood. He gave a look of surprise. He had forgotten about the tree branch that had fallen on him. He rolled his eyes, it didn't hurt so he wasn't going to get to caught up on it. He heard a snap and looked quick, his eyes made out a towering shadow, next to a tree hidden in darkness, with glowing red eyes. He whimpered and bolted again, he ran until he felt safe again. He was in a small clearing, where the moon and stars were fully visible. It lit the clearing and he felt safer.

He kept walking, hearing snarls and barks around him. He looked up at the sky, he got so angry, why wouldn't they leave him alone? They had kicked him out of their pack, he hadn't left by choice. So why were they so angry? He growled, he needed to toughen up. But he couldn't. He missed the feeling of sleeping through the night without having shadows and the Alpha chasing him. Tears flooded into his eyes, he tried to blink them away, but it felt so good to let out emotion. So he let the tears run down his face. They dropped down into the powdery snow. He kept his head up, staring at the moon. He has a friend here, two actually. It felt good during the day, but at night, his past haunted him, and he couldn't figure out why.

He let the tears fall until they wouldn't come anymore. He looked at the ground, and taking a deep breath he continued walking until he saw Rendall, she looked different and he stared at her, what was happening? He questioned himself.probably the same thing that had just happened to him. He heard her greeting and nodded his head. "Hello, it's fine." He smiled at her, maybe he had more in common with Rendall than he had thought. The smile was real, not forced. He felt more comfortable now that there was another wolf here.

<style>
.ookamifall .of-ooc {font-style:italic; font-family: arial, serif; font-size:11px; }
.ookamifall {background-color:#f0f1ed; background-image:url(http://anna.sleepyglow.net/images/gifts ... tab3v2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:439px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
Ren smiled and walked towards the male, it looked as thoguh she wasnt the only one that night that needed some comfort. She felt a cool breeze through her thick fur and she went to nuzzle his neck. In the moonlight he looked to be a light gold. She had never really seen a himilayn before so to her it was an amazing sight. She reached the tall wolf and nuzzled him lightly, silently thanking him for finding her, life wasnt easy for any of them and sometimes it was best when you had someone to share it all with. "Ookami, I know this is personal, but, where did you come from? What was your past like before coming here?"

She needed a time to bond, she hadnt doen so since, well since Pendzez had saved her life. She was tired of keeping at a distance, so she decided secretly that she would make a different kind of friend in the big male. One whom she could tell anything without having to worry about him tellin everyone else. She felt that she could trust him. Ren didnt mean to be rude and she was alittle embarassed about asking , but she hoped he would understand. Tonight was a good night of revolutions, to face demons. And, with just him and her here in the snow, what better time?
[html]

-wordcount-293-

Ookami accepted the nuzzle and did the same back to her. He smiled gently and she asked her question. He thought for a moment and let put a quick sigh, it wasn't the best story and he hoped that he would not bored her, "Well, I don't know exactly where I came from but what I do know is it was somewhere very far from here." His eyes filled with a far off look (this is where a flashback would start!) "It was usually really hot.. even in the winter. It never snowed but I alway felt out of place, I had a thick and shaggy coat and nobody else did. They also needed to be black to survive. When they saw that I was gold they freaked out. The alpha, well my dad, attacked me constantly for no reason at all and I had no friends. I was forced to lead group hints and usually I went on individual hunts." He stopped and took a breath, "My pack is not of Luperci but they shift... into something terrible." He stopped, this was as much as he would say about the strange creatures of his pack for now. He felt good having told at least some one about them. He felt he could trust Rendall and he sensed she needed someone to trust as well and he believed he was the perfect one for the job.

He gave a small smile, "What about you?" He shook his coat and waited now for her story. He knew nothing about Rendall and definatly wanted to know more. She seemed like a nice wolf and wanted to get to know her. He liked what he had encountered so far and hoped that they would get closer.

<style>
</style>[/html]
She glanced up at him, listening intently to his story, she half grinned Thier stories werent so far off. Both had been hated for what they were. She shifted alittle when it came to her turn she in turn, sighed as well "Well, I was born to a pack of normal wolves much like you, but as you can tell I was no normal wolf. It began when my mother and father met. He had just inherited the pack from my grandfather and my mother was a lone luperci that he became infatuated with. He had brought her into the pack when she was injured to be taken care of, and the pack didnt approve of her cause she wasnt "Pure of Blood", they saw luperci as a vicious disease rather than a adaption."

She shrugged unhappily, she never liked her pack. "My father was promised to another since birth, but instead he chose my mother as his mate, because he loved her and not the promised wolfess. The elders were furious, but, because he was alpha there was nothing that could be done. From the pair there was a litter before me, my brother and two sisters, but I was born alone." She grinned alittle."The pack had had enough, the female he was promised to...her name was Avery. She had never forgiven my father for picking a filthy woman like my mother over her. So she led an attack against my father. She had him killed and my mother and me imprisoned. I wasnt allowed to learn how to shift like my siblings, I was to be an outcast. A few months later, Avery grew tired of my mother disobaying her orders so she had us attacked and run out of the pack lands. On our own." Anger grew inside the woman, she looked up at the wolf male. She wondered what he would be like as a luperci otrus......She came back to the conversation at hand.

"Over a month, my mother taught me how to shift and live on my own, she took care of my wounds but hers became infected so....she died. I was on my own for a while before I came accross this place..." Her mind flashed to the time when DaVinci found her. The scrawny pup he brought in was nothing like how she was now. "A member named DaVinci of this pack brought me in. He took great care of me, as did many pack members, when he left I lived with my friend Anya, slowly though, I grew away from them and I wanted to find my missing siblings. So I left for a while. After a year, I became homesick of this place so I came back...and here we are today." She half smiled, wagging her tail slightly at him. She felt that she could trust him.
[html]

OOC chatter goes here!

Ookami nodded his head, letting his eyes go out of focus for a moment, just thinking about the story he had just heard. Rendall did not sound like she had had the easiest life, he was learning that very few wolves did. He thought of his story, then of hers. They were much alike, but also so different. Rendall had somebody that had loved her, her mother. While Ookami had no one, but they were both exiled from their pack, of course Rendall was held prisoner for a long while, and her father had been killed. She diffinatley had the harder life, Ookami used to think nobody had it as bad as he did, now he was realizing that... everyone who had a rough life believed that, until they met someone who's story was worse.

His eyes came back into focus, "I'm sorry Rendall, for everything that has happened to you. I know that there is nothing really I can do for your past, but if you would let me I can help your future." He smiled, "You seem like a wonderful wolf to me, your kind to me and probably to many other wolves, and I think we could be great friends. You know something that always makes me feel better, this quote I learned of in my travles. Although it's difficult today to see beyond the sorrow, May looking back in memory help comfort you tomorrow" He pressed his nose against her cheek gently, trying to comfort her. She had been out here for the same reason he had and he knew that she must want something or someone to comfort her. He had wanted it too, and just by having someone here he was comforted. So, now, it was her turn. He looked around him, then back at Rendall, "Everyone has a story of their life, some better than others. People get so wrapped up in their past, that they don't think that anyone else has had it rough. When they finally do realize that they are not the only ones, it, in my opinion, helps make them a better person. It helps them view people better. When two wolves meet, and share stories of bad past memories, I beilive that they can be great friends, as I believe that we could." He knew his small speech sounded cheesy, but he spoke what he believed. He knew he already said they would be good friends, but sometimes he thought that things should be repeated, to help others know that they are telling the truth.

"Come on, we should walk." He began walking then paused, waiting for her to come too. He looked over his shoulder, a gentle look in his eyes. They were filled with understandment of pain and loss and they were also filled with the want to help make things better. And that was what he was trying to do for her. He knew couldn't fix eveything, but nothing was stopping him from trying.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

out of character text

Ren smiled over at the wolf, telling him definatly made her feel alittle better. She decided that He would be a very good friend to have. The wind blew all around them and her ruffled fur made her agree to go on a walk with the large male. She smiled and pushed herself up, finding it easier with her new found strength, and trotted over next to the male, she stood next to him a moment, giving him a look of gratitude and understanding. They were one ofthe same. She was happy to have made a friend such as him. She began to walk beside him, heading more towards the trees and out ofthe building weather. Slowly she next to him in the small group of trees, she was definatly dwarfed by the male, but he made her feel protected from her nightmares so she definatly didnt mind.

Ren walked quietly with the male for a while, not really sure what to say. "Thank you..." she mumbled to him after a while, she didnt really know how else to show her gratitude to the male for being here out in the middle of nowhere for her. She stopped for a moment and gave his large neck another nuzzle. But suddenly the wind caught her just right and her bones even felt chilled, she shook alittle and tried to fight against the sudden breeze. It was getting really cold.....She looked up and saw how the weather had moved in and small hints of what might be snowflakes begin to slowly float to the ground. the weather had been pretty nasty lately, she wondered what was going on.

<style type="text/css">
.renrose b {font-weight:bold; color:#00C5CD; letter-spacing:1px; }
.renrose .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.renrose p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.renrose {margin:0px auto; width:397px; background-color:#00103C; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/doqmj9.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 265px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#0099CC; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC chatter goes here!

Ookami smiled as Rendall came to his side. She seemed lots happier than the beginning of their meeting tonight. He smiled as she looked at him. He walked beside her and as she slowly began to change direction, he let her lead the way. She obviously wanted to be under the trees and out of the open. He was much larger than her and he felt that she was glad that he was bigger than her. He looked around them, he didn't want anything following them that may harm Rendall. He felt closer to her now and didn't want her to be hurt. He didn't see anything around them so he nodded his head in approvement and looked back ahead of him. He stayed close to Rendall, occcasionaly brushing agaisnt her side. He didn't think much of it whenever they touched though, and as soon as he realized they had been brushing against eachother quite a bit he began to hope that Rendall didn't mind much.

Ookami had been looking around once more when his ears flicked towards Rendall at the sound of her voice. Ookami looked at her, she thanked him. He smiled, "Your welcome... And thank you.." He repeated what he said because he felt that if he had not met up with Rendall tonight then he would still be scared and angry and sad. He stopped when she stopped and smiled as she nuzzled his neck again. When they were stopped their bodies were touching slightly and he felt her shiver. He cocked his head, "Would you like to go somewhere a little warmer? The weather is acting quite strange." He looked up, seeing the snowflakes.

<style>
</style>[/html]