At the Jugular
[html]
Ch. 1 At The Jugular

Character Name: Flint Lithos Minera
DOB: March 22, 2010
Luperci: yes
Species: Muddled with numerous Canis lupus subspecies, with traces of Canis latrans and Canis familaris.

AIM: afrolicaholic
Currently played characters: n/a
How you found 'Souls: Many, many years ago while playing on WWS1 I fell into a shameless plug vortex and was taken to a mystical land named Bleeding Souls. I have never been normal since!
Note: This table code belongs to Sie.

The hidden sun pushed up a cerulean dome of color in the black, glittery sky. Flint watched the precursor with unease although she usually looked forward to the waking hour. Early light would reveal more than a usual morning. In the name of poor vision she usually slept through twilight hours to make the passage of darkness quick and painless, but tonight there was destination to be reached. Temporary displacement of her emotions to make it, stumbling and whimpering, through the night left her feeling exhausted and numb.

Flint knew not the name of her destination, not even exactly where it stood, but she could smell it like blood on a deer. It was a tantalizing perfume of wolf and earth musk: mysterious, dark yet calming. She didn't understand why this small pack smelled so strongly of the earth, but it drew her in like a bat to a cave.

In the humblest of Luperci forms she ambled somewhere near the borders of Anathema. She sniffed for fellow wolves while cursing her powerful nose for its sometimes confusing overload of fragrant input. It was like trying to make sense of an entire piece of art while looking through a magnifying class. Her young, inexperienced demeanor was a minor setback, though. She let out a low-key, searching howl for the vicinity's ears to respond to.

She continued her vagrant's waltz through the black and blue bruises of pre-sun dawn, glad and scared.

wc: 241
<style>
.freetable-f06 p {padding:5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.freetable-f06 b {color:#fc0;}
.freetable-f06-b {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;-webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;}
.freetable-f06-name {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#fc0; text-shadow:#39f 0px 0px 5px; margin:-7px auto; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:25px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:right; padding:10px 25px 0px 0px; width:350px;}
.freetable-f06-ooc {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.freetable-f06 {background-color:#339; border:1px solid #223b9d; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#39f; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:400px; text-align:justify; padding: 3px 0px; -webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;}
.freetable-f06-divider {border-bottom:1px dotted #fc0; width:85%; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Hello, nico <3 So, how did you find Souls again? o.O

The pressure around the mountians had dropped so much it was making the Russian's ears pop now and then. He had grown used to detect when storms were brewing in, and this one seemed kind of huge, though still a bit distant. He wasn't sure if it was going to hit Anathema or not, sinc it was still on the beginning, but he could feel in his very bones something was going to happen. Maybe he should warn Naniko and Azalea of this as soon as possible.

It was better to be ready for that either way, so he went outside for a while and look for some supplies. Besides, it was good to feel the wet and cold on his fingerprints instead of dead stone. His whole life, he had snow under his feet, so having earth and stone felt utterly... odd, to say the least.

Also, Theodore had told him he had to try a bit of every tier before actually earning a tier, so his first attempt was going to be at scouting. He was almost done with the boarders when a timid, low howl broke into the dawn, way too close from him - and too far from the pack boundaries. After the overwhelm of the unespected sound, the male croutched, drawing off the metal dagger from his ankle holster. That tune did not belong to any of his pack comrads, and the strong feeling of loyality to his new home boiled inside his chest. He would protect it with his life, but first he needed to learn if the intruder was a threat. Sneaking closer to the source of the noise, he saw an almost pitiful image.

A smoke grey, very young female wolf, mixed with white and black, as thin as one could get. It probably hadn't eat anything decent for weeks - months, even. Not only that, something about her... intriguing. As if she didn't have an aura he could read. She was... hollow.

It hurt him to see such a creature. If it was any threat, was that it turn into a corpse in the lands, if it stood another day without eating. He retrieved his weapon with sorrow in his eyes, and stood up from th bush and tree he had been hiding, and exposed his grayish, large frame to the wanderer.

"What are you intentions, wolf, in trespassing the lands of Anathema?" He asked, his voice blank, but his purple eyes warm and soothing. The Anatheman's intension was not to scare the creature, but to make it clear trespassing was not quite welcome.

Staring at the female, he noticed her eyes were just... black holes, and her anatomy was most unnusual, but he wouldn't call it ugly. Everyone is beautiful, in it own manner. He just waited there, his pose rather relaxed, but his ears pointing intentionally towards her and the tuffs over his neck and should rising lightly. Just the enough to make a dominant stance, and to assure who was the one with reason on the scenario.

<style>
.liev-a01 .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
.liev-a01 p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.liev-a01 b {color:#9fd5e1; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.liev-a01 {background-color:#0c1316;background-image:url(http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... image1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.liev-a01-border {width:400px; border:1px solid #ffffff; margin:0 auto;}
.liev-a01 .inner { height:250px; overflow:auto; margin:10px 10px 100px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

[OOC] I feex eet for eeewww! Thanks for such a prompt reply. I'm awestruck!!! P.s. I'm going through her profile and changing her size, so you might want to reread that part.

[IC] Through her weak eyes the emerging silhouettes were black strokes of wet-on-wet watercolor. For this reason her other senses were attuned like four master musicians creating harmonies to explain the world from within. Sometimes the senses' song was not so pleasant. Like at the current moment when it reached a terrifying climax at the tune of honed metal being unsheathed- a quiet scream from an invisible source -Flint's blood froze and her muscles ceased to respond to her brain's 'go' signal. She was as still as the surrounding snow, but as visible as an albino's sore.

Someone's feet ate the snow; a veritable tap, tap of clawtips incisoring the frozen flesh. No doubt this was the owner of the exposed knife who quickly and quietly approaching her like an aged killer, but occasionally he stopped. She thought, probably to spy upon her until he could pick out her weak spots. Her usual flight-or-fight response was jammed. All she could do was stand there and feel out the danger with acute senses, hoping the onlooker wouldn't figure out just how weak her sense of sight was.

When the moving blur reached her short line of sight her body compressed with fear. There was an almost unnoticeable lift of her lips- a clear sign not too pierce her space with his intimidating presence or knife. It wasn't a concious gesture, merely life-long fear of everything engrained in a sensitive mind. It was defense, not offense. Though, a relatively primitive one among the modern world of canines.

She squinted her eyes to get a flash of clarity from the figure, but there was no knife to be seen. In fact, his face looked rather pitying. Then he spoke with the passion of stone in winter, cold but strong and sure nonetheless. She found it ironic that his eyes were so large and colorful. She imagined his soul was surrounded by countless guards on the ready.

When she realized the tension was revealing her own brand of knives, white and shimmering with saliva atop their connected pink hilts, she subdued her instincts and blushed invisibly. She tried not to quake, but her words trembled beneath the two-legged shadow. "To find a safe place. A... a home I guess." She hesitated to mention why but finally with a tentative frown she gazed indirectly at the male into the blurry oblivion she was used to. "Something is coming. I'm scared and I don't want to die, not literally." She shook her head slowly in hopes he could at least sense where she was coming from.

Flint was vunerable because she wore her heart for all the strange, dark world to see and touch and harm at whim.

wc: 451[/html]
[html]

Oh, no worries! I just got some spare time. While not RP? 8DD And thankies! Once we're done here, I'll start it up, k?

Her lips curled up slitghly, but he could sense-- no, smell her startle and fear. It was just a reflex to the unknown, he understood, and didn't take it as an offense. It was just like when he drew off his blade.. Pure instinct.

He supported his shoulder on the oak tree besides him, where he was previously hiding, and simply watched as she retrieved her fangs and spoke, her voice wavering and as afraid as he faint area. She seemed afraid... of him.

It hurt him inside. It wasn't his intension. He had to be scary to his enemies and such, not with poor beings such as her. He sighed with a sad ache, and listened to her with full attention.

Home. Yes, he had come to Anathema looking for the same thing. And he had found it. After so long, he found his true home. The grayish male couldn't help but to see himself in the lupus female. He crouched on the snowy ground, one arm supported on one knee and the other in a fist, lying beside the crouching knee. It was a crouching position he got so used of it beame a habit, though it looked so serious and respectful. He did so only to be on her level, and seem less threatening to her.

"If it's a home you seek, I believe you have found the right place for it." He spoke, his voice now soft like his eyes. After a pause, his thick accent resounded on the woods again. "I'm Liev. Liev Ivanovich Morozov. Might I know your name?" He asked, with a politeness of a true gentleman. A tiny, almost invisible smile tricked on the corner of his lips.

Her next words, however, took him by surprise. "Something is coming"? She must be meaning the storm. Or something worse. He wasn't sure if it was right to ask her further about it, but she tuly seemed scared. Also, not dying "literally"? What was that supposed to mean?! He looked intensely at his feet, thinking for a while on how to proceed, then turned again to the weak woman, his eyes again warm and calming, as if nothing had happened. "What did you mean by that? Dying 'literally', that is." He asked, his voice now grave and serious, truly curious about that part of her speech. Then, the male added. "Does that mean you have.. already died?" He asked, turning wary of the female. He had heard of ghosts and such creatures, usually returning because of unfinished business, and once his men, back at his old pack, Czarova, told him they had met a weird looking wolf, that kept saying it wa looking for "home", and such. The Russian wasn't sure if Naniko would of welcome ghosts or even ghouls in her pack.

<style>
.liev-a01 {background-color:#0c1316;background-image:url(http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... image1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.liev-a01 .inner { height:250px; overflow:auto; margin:10px 10px 100px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

[OOC] Such a good point! Okie doke artichoke.

[IC] After a moment of shared, quiet contemplation that wrapped an intangible web around them, glue-like and curious to the girl, she noticed a change in his air. When he crouched he didn't lose dominance, in fact he gained such a rich respect from her then and there that her heart inflated. Though her eyes were small and dark they overflowed from the deep wells hidden beneath, just as the sun glinted a sliver of light in her face like an encouraging smile from the horizon. The new light caught its beaming reflection in her moistened eyes, and she blinked with slight unease. Still, she faced a stranger who could take her tears of joy and dye them red. It wasn't impossible. She knew of creatures hiding the cruelest insides imaginable with the kindest outer-demeanor. Creeps, they were.

His newly gentle tenure massaged Flint's largest knots of fear, but couldn't touch on the deeper levels. Not now. She reached her muzzle to his relaxed hand and tentatively sniffed it from a safe distance. No underlying canine blood or traces of victims' fear-scent resided there. "I'm Liev. Liev Ivanovich Morozov. Might I know your name?" She was not adapted to polite greetings thus she copied his template, "I'm Flint. Flint Lithos Minera." Aside from his dizzying name, which she hoped she never had to pronounce fully, the man was turning out all right...

As they treaded into deeper waters she reclined away from him again and watched worry seep in through the tiniest slivers in Liev's demeanor. Flint had heavily relied on keen observations of her former, volatile packmates to ensure her survival. Thus certain subtle emotions manifested plain as day to her whereas idle creatures might completely miss them. She sighed even though he was giving her all the comfort he could conjure from his mystified state. "My family's tradition is to pit yearling siblings against one another as a trial in the initiation into adulthood. I refused for ...some reasons, so my family exiled me. I am no longer a child and will never be a woman. I must be dead." She only revealed bare bones so as not to disturb him with the rotting viscera of her predicament. Even though she was ritualistically dead many outsiders would take that just as seriously as the real thing, if not more so. She told herself, no one wants to bare the burden of a forlorn spirit.

wc: 405
[/html]
[html]

Yeah! It's easy. Easy peasy, pumpkin easy. Pumpkin pie, dude! *derp*

She came near, hesitant, and sniffed her from a distance. Taking the opportunity, he stretched his neck closer and sniffed her lightly. She had the oddest scent, to combine with her looks. Not that he minded, of course. He still smelled of whale fat, rusty metal and polar bear leather, even being away from Russia for so long. She smelled like a pack of the widest range of species of wolves, coyotes and dogs had melted together in only one being. Odd, but not that odd.

When she gave him her name, he noticed how she had used his same pattern of speech. Not used to formalities, huh? He smiled inside with her shyness, for he could understand her lack of confidence. He was almost three times her size, if not more. Also, her name wasn't as much of a mouthful as his own, and he was sure to remember it.

When she explained why she was dead to most, it tug on his heartstrigs more than it was healthy for a warrior like him. Pity was a feeling that could lead a soldier to his death, if not felt in small doses. Swallowing those treacherous feelings deep within his guts, he cleared his mind wiftly and unnoticed. At least she was no haunting spirit.

"You're no longer in your pack. Those times are gone, and you left them along with their ideals. You're in Anathema, Flint. You can be whatever you want." He spoke, his voice firm, and yet inspiring. He was self-taught in inspiring speeches. Rising up the moral of his underlings had become his specialty, so he did not hsitate to make her lose that denial feelings. The Russian could sense it had rooted deep into her mind and soul, so it would take much more than those words to succeed. Maybe after some weeks on the pack would make her better?

Well, now time to business. "Unfortunately, I must ask: do you have any specials skills that could be useful for both the pack and yourself? Something you're good at? Such as fighting, tailoring, crafting, running, singing... can be anything at all." He spoke gently, trying to have her to tell him her best skills. It would be hard to be accepted without any skills. He could fight and run, and was a good strategist. But what about her?

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

[OOC] Yummmpkins! and GRR my rping is dwindling because I desperately need sleep and ooohhhnoooo I have class in 3 hours. x_x *feels self dying*

[IC] Here were two spirit, quite opposite in most ways, communing with one another from outside their prison's of flesh. They reached out from the locked bars to touch fingertips. The phenomenon gave the girl's physical body warming shivers, and somewhere deep down her first notion of spirituality was sparked. Whether Liev was the cause or not, he had definitely been nothing less than a fine catalyst for the beginnings of her nameless inner-movement. It wasn't even a happy or hopeful moment, just instinctually important... Like discovering a basic necessity she had somehow survived without for an entire childhood.

"You're right." She didn't know how to express her gratitude for his effort to make her feel whole again. She liked what he told her. He was a good man. The only good man in her life, but a stranger. Their blood would never be shared... She knew for this she would always walk on society's lonely edge. Of course, Flint was for now unfortunately unaware of Anathema's non-violent blood ritual.

A new questioned flared up in her mind. What did she want to be? WHO was she? For now she could only think 'dead' but she kept her mouth shut to avoid his pity. Instead she focused on her skills which were quite a boring lot, "I make perfume. Kind of useless unless you stink like me. I would be the fattest buzzard in the world because of my scavenging skills. Um, let's see. Oh, my hearing and nose are really strong, but that's to make up for really poor eyesight. I'm not blind, I swear..." Flint was too shameful of her trained combat skills to speak of them though she felt Liev would be most interested in them.

wc: 288
[/html]
[html]

Ooh. I~~ believe you should sleep for now, aye? We can continue this when you return from school, k? I'll finish this post, and you SHOULD sleep. Fo' real :|

He could see it had worked. Looking deep in her eyes for a mere second, he saw the once black holes, empty and void, now filled with some sort of glow. A faint light shone from those depths, like he had turned on a little switch on her very soul. And he glad of that. With himself, for triggering it, and for her, who let him touch her inner feelings. He smiled for a second or two when she spoke a last, as if she had just been through an epiphany.

And then, he saw some doubt in her. Maybe some inner questions that belonged to her and her only. With that, he stood with only listening to her listing of skills. Making perfumes and strong senses. Well, with the finesse with scents one must get from working with them, , combined with her good hearing and poor sight, she might turn out to be a fine explorer. "Hmm... I see. Well, putting it all together, I guess we have the perfect rank for you. It's called Cave Explorer. You see, our dens and most of her social areas are located underground, in cave tunnels throughout the mountains. Some are still unexplored, and that where the Cave Explorer come in." He explained, trying to explain it as simply as he could. But he could not let something slip out. "And also... 'Stink like you'?! I don't believ you stink. Yes, you have an unnusual smell, but it's not bad." He said, with a calm tone in his voice, as if talking to an introspective pup, trying to get it off the den to play. Slowly, he pulled himself closer to her, to look closer to her beady eyes. And whispered. "Eveyone is beautiful. But in their own, unique way. Always remember that, Flint."

Then, after a second of soft stare into her eyes, to let his message sink in her, he got up, his muzzle facing the grayish sky. A deep, strong howl escaped his throat, coming from the depths of his lungs. It wasn't quite urgent, but rather... pleading. A simple request for a leader. Nothing more, nothing less. He rose his ears, ready for any response, but none came. He only hoped he was heard.

Crouching again in the same stance as before, he spoke to the grayish woman once more. "Listen now, Flint. If you wish to join Anathema, you must undergo a simple ritual. I believe it is not like your old pack, so rest assured. In order to become part of the pack, you must become family. You must share blood with us. I've called for one of our leaders, who shall perform the ritual with you. She'll open a small cut on your finger and hers, and you'll share blood. And that will be all. Are you willing to do this?" He spoke, his voice grave and serious. He had done the same ritual not long ago, and more than willingly. But knowing she had a rather bad experience with blood rituals, she might either deny it, or worse, freak out. And he did not wish either of those. She was a good woman, even with her own issues. Nothing she couldn't overcome with time. And a little helpful hand from a friend, a role he was more than willing to fill.

But there was nothing he could do if she denied herself that opportunity. He simply stood his ground, his face and eyes blank, so she could choose on her own accord, with no interference from his own feelings and judgments. Only her and herself.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
<style>
.naniko .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.naniko p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.naniko b {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 2px; }
.naniko {background-color:#1e252b; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... naniko.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:12px; color:#141b21; width:375px; text-align:justify; }
.naniko-border {width:379px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.naniko .inner {margin:10px 10px 190px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... nikobg.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>

Hello! :] I remember a Nico from the past--you said you'd played here before? ^^ And feel free to break posting order if you feel comfortable doing so; she spoke to Liev so you can reply again if you'd like to, Nina. Wc: 425

Her odd hours hadn't driven her nuts yet, so she had decided to keep them. The light female had experienced trouble sleeping since the murders of the leaders in her last pack, and despite the fact that she was now within safe and protected lands, the insomnia hadn't let her out of its grip. Perhaps that was because it was part of her job to be the one to protect them. She had her band of warriors, thankfully, but spent much of her time watching the border herself, walking it every morning and every night. As a leader it was important for her to be sure that others realized that it was in fact a border, as she had recently claimed more land and extended their border outward, as well.

Naniko hadn't been to bed yet, but wanted to finish her rounds before she did so. She wasn't very far away from the pair of wolves when she caught the sound of the howl, and her ears perked in its direction. She couldn't place the voice for a moment, but soon realized that it belonged to one of her Zepars, Liev. It was good that he was doing basic duties, like scouting; she would have to see about promoting him soon if he continued to display such good behavior. He'd seemed nice enough when she had accepted him into the pack, and she was glad to see a purposeful wolf like him sticking around. Many came and left.

The snow-white Angela reached the two after a few minutes of walking. Naniko was tall for a luperci, one of the largest in the pack, but she was still wary of the newcomer. She was shifted and stood on two feet, her small weapons-belt the only item that she wore. Upon that belt was three daggers; two were slightly smaller with longer blades and one was longer with ornate designs on its metal handle. She arrived just as Liev was explaining the blood ceremony. "You're proving to be a good scout, Liev" She said.

"I am Naniko D'Angelo, the Angela, or leader here." She said in greeting. "What do you think of her, Liev? I will trust your assessment." Beyond that, it would be up to the newcomer if she would be willing to perform the blood ceremony. It wasn't much more, only a few drops at the most, and no joiners had refused to participate yet. Jade eyes moved between Liev and the form of the female, observing their postures and body language as she spoke.

Table by Jenny!
[/html]
[html]

Ohai there, James! <3

While he waited for the woman to answer, the sound of paws in the snow became noticable. He didn't reconize the steps at first, but the owner of them was surely tired. Getting up, he listened carefully. Soon enough, the white figure of the Angela entered his view, and he iimmediately bowed to her arrival, his ears bending backwards in respect for his leader. "Milady." He spoke softly, but with a dire tune of submission and reverence. He only rose his head once she awknowledged him with a praise. "Thank you, ma'am." He said, honestly flattered. He wasn't and never had been a proud person. The Russian only felt glad fror a praise from his higher-ups, and nothing more. He was performing his duty, not putting up a show, as he would say to his own underlings when they got too excited with his compliments.

He stood still, avoiding eye contact with the woman and standing in a firm pose, worthy of the General he had been. She spoke again, introducing herself to Flint and then giving the word to him, asking for his judgment. He cleared his throath before starting. "Milady, this is Flint Lithos Minera. She claims to have poor eyesight, but strong ears and nose, and can work with perfumes. Putting it all together, I believe that, if she proves herself worthy, she may be a great cave explorer." He spoke, listing first her weaks before her strenghts, in order to emphasize the last ones. And then added, looking softly at the female lupus. "But I'm sure she'll stand out." He said, ending his report on the wanderer.

A second later, he dropped his firm stance. His duty was done. He had informed the leader of the occurance, and now it was to his Angela and Flint to decide the rest. Now, he should tend to his suspects of the storm "And... If I may ask, Milady, I wish I could speak to you about something else later..." The warrior spoke lowly, standing just behind the white woman. With a quick gesture with his eyes and a wave of his hand, he mentioned it could be dealt with once Flint's joining was done. Since the storm still seemed to be far from here, it wasn't all that urgent, but didn't make it lesser a threat. He stepped back, simply waiting for the next moves. Like Theodore did during Liev's joining, he would simply stand aside while the scene unfolded, silent but still present.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

[OOC] I definitely needed that nap. You guys are so quick. When the players in threads are constantly slow or unresponsive it usually rubs off on me. So, just want you two to know I'm super appreciative. ^__^ And yeah James, I have been at Souls before. This place always has me crawling back for more, mwaaaa.

[IC]

Flint now understood why the Anathema wolves smelled of earth. She was quite intrigued by the rank he fitted her with, and she wanted badly to eventually earn her own earth smell. Perhaps that would make her feel a little bit more like a pack mate than a permanent outcast, or at least tone down her stink factor, she thought grouchily. "My first real job... I won't let Anathema down. He then released the alpha-beckoning call. Her heart palpitated harshly for a few minutes before calming and being able to process the next words out of Liev's mouth...

Her understanding of "family" was that they must share blood as well as support each other. Before now she never thought the latter was possible without being born into blood, but Anathema had just given her a new route to gaining blood ties. The current excitement took over, jolted through her body like a lightning current, and she immediately perked her chubby little body up. Words followed with great enthusiasm unlike any she had felt in forever, OHYESYESOHPLEASE. I must be dreaming. Why didn't I ever think of that before? Liev, you're a genius!" She was smiling genuinely and also trying to calm her thundering heart. That's when the alpha arrived, or at least when Flint noticed. Her excitement had effectively muted her senses, and for that she felt embarrassed. She hoped they would overlook it this once.

Flint's electric storm passed almost as if it had never happened. She was intrinsically wary of leaders, for they had the potential to use their omnipotent power for the worst of evils. Sometimes she wondered if power and evil went paw in paw, but the approaching she-wolf certainly didn't look evil. If anything the tall woman looked a little wary herself... Flint wondered if her prior enthusiasm had pissed the leader off, for surely she'd overheard the scene. Insecurity made an annoying racket inside of the girl's brain that she could only ignore by biting her lip and focusing on the submissive pose her body naturally always fell to.

She listened with her eyes pasted on the blinding snow as she realized the sun had risen considerably and was creating a wash-out effect on everything. As big and bright as it was she felt it's fragility, and that the 'Something' she had mentioned to Liev earlier might easily "hurt" it. She tried not to let her instincts cloud her thoughts, so she bit her lip harder and lifted her eyes to the Alpha's, the Angela's, feet. She felt like quiet was her greatest asset at this moment, and she returned the greeting with only the slightest nod of her head.

Liev spoke again and she gladly reverted to looking upon his paws. She was flabbergasted by the fact that it was hard to tell who's feet were bigger despite their difference in sex... Tiny Flint gulped back the trepidation of the realization and tried to remember these canines were not like "normal" canines. They were seemingly non-violent creatures who probably wouldn't use their size advantage against her. At least Liev had proved to be a very understanding and charming gentleman.

Even as she listened to him she felt her tooth easing its grip on her lip, and his voice was importing her emotions to a foreign land- exotic and tropical. She reveled at the fact that he was speaking so highly of her to an alpha. The, aherrrm, best thing she had ever been called, pre-Liev, involved a lot of curse words and dirty slang.

wc: 591
[/html]
[html]
<style>
.naniko .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.naniko p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.naniko b {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 2px; }
.naniko {background-color:#1e252b; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... naniko.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:12px; color:#141b21; width:375px; text-align:justify; }
.naniko-border {width:379px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.naniko .inner {margin:10px 10px 190px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... nikobg.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>

I can't handle another thread with the amount that I already have, but could we OOCly say that Liev warns Naniko about the storm later in the caves, after this thread takes place? Naniko usually takes off once her acceptance duty is finished and leaves her Zepar to show the new member around :] Though I'd love a thread with both of you at a later date ^^ If it's OK, I'm powerplaying her making the cut and them joining hands. Welcome to Anathema, Nico!! WC: 743

Normally Naniko was the type to take things on by herself, completely alone, but she had chosen her companion Azalea as her sub-leader. She hadn't seen much of her dark Rakheeb lately, as the other female was off doing her own tasks, but she could smell her around the border so she knew that she was still around. Perhaps Azalea had come down with a bug or some sort of ailment that had caused her to stay inside...or maybe she was exploring some of the inner tunnels. She made a mental note to check up on the female later on.

She had taken to leadership like a fish to water; it seemed to suit the large white female. She had grown up moving from one pack to another, her guardians constantly changing...this made her want to give her pack a place that they could always call home. That was one of the rules of her pack; no member would be turned away if they at any point chose to leave. She was also toying with the idea of not kicking members out of the pack for things that they had done wrong; two of her sons had gotten into a scuffle, and she had been unsure of how to handle fighting in the pack or violence from one pack member to another. She would have to think more on that.

She didn't like the idea of punishing a wolf by outcasting them, as she had once been an outcast herself. Perhaps a strict punishment or painful punishment would help them change their ways and act appropriately. Naniko would have to decide what punishments would fit what crimes, though. She was mainly worried about intra-pack violence, which would include abuse and rape, than inter-pack violence. What a wolf did on their own time was up to them, as long as it didn't bring anything back upon her and the rest of her pack.

The female before her was very loud, but Naniko didn't mind this too much. Nani was a quiet wolf most of the time, busy thinking and calculating, but she understood that there were others who were different from she. Flint would have to watch her voice while in the caves so that she didn't disturb sleeping or resting pack members (voiced carried in those caves like nothing else), but if she filled her den with items and perhaps put some furs down on the floor, it would cut down on the amount of echo. She could be as loud as she wished, within reason.

At least she was eager, though, that was something. The Angela nodded when Liev gave his assessment; it was enough for a basic Zepar, and Flint could prove herself from there on and pick the rank tier that she wished to move into once she had been around for a little while. He mentioned wanting to speak to her about something a little later, and she nodded in quick agreement to that as well. If it was something that he wanted to speak to her about alone then it was likely something very important.

If Flint was ready, then Naniko was as well. "I will perform the blood-sharing ritual...and then you will be accepted as a member of Anathema. We have some rules around here...but know that if you ever choose to leave the territory, you will be welcomed back without question. That is what it means to have a home and a family." She slid her long dagger from her belt, pricking her own finger and then one of Flint's. She was standing closer to the gray female now, close enough for her to have sliced her finger and for them to hold their hands together.

"Welcome to the pack, Flint. You'll be a Zepar for now, the basic rank, until you've been around for a little while and have proven that you are loyal to your pack and won't turn and run off. Liev...if you wouldn't mind showing her around, that would be great. I've got a few things to do, but will return in the evening to my den. You can seek me out then to discuss what you wished to speak with me about." She said, giving the new Zepar a deep nod, almost a bow. "I'll be taking my leave now." She wiped her dagger off in the snow and released Flint's hand, then replaced the blade on her belt before turning to walk back into the heart of the territory.

Table by Jenny!
[/html]
[html]

So, shall we finish it next round? And I got no problem with that, James <3

When the shy and "dead" female started to shout and hop up and down in excitement, it felt like a thunderbolt had hit the Russian male. He jumped away from her a small distance, one of his hands grasping the handle of his dagger, wary by instinct, but when he realised it wasn't a sudden panic now a surprise attack, he relaxed his stance, but his amesthyst eyes still lingering in her every movements as the lupus went, wide in surprise. It was a spring of joy!

He let himself smile and chuckle twice in disbelief. He was hoping for a negative response, in the minimun; anything but this. Well, this woman sure never stopped to surprise him, huh?

When Naniko appeared, the woman calmed down, as the Anglea's presence alone had put her wild temper on a leash, so to speak. He could tell the woman had had some troubles with leaders before, for the look in her face. The scent of fear started to linger from her again. He sighed lightly to himself. Back to square one?

As the ceremony proceeded, he watched the two female joi their bloody fingers. He could almost feel the excitement on the small girl and the... tiredness? of the Angela. Two completely different auras clashing together, until the once outcast earned the same vibrations from the alpha. The same blood. And the outcast became and Anatheman.

He smiled when they're fingers departed, and stared at the grayish wolf not so far from him. His eyes were melted amesthysts, warm and soothing. He mouthed a "Well done" at her, and when the white Luperci at him, he simply nodded a firm nod and mumbled a serious "Yes, ma'am." and waited for her to vanish into the woods until he crouched again in front of the last female, purple meeting pitch black. "Will you please follow me, Flint? I shall introduce you to the main tunnels and to the rooms' chambers." He said softly, his stance now as casual as it could get, now that he was not among a wanderer, but family. He got up and extended on arm to the right direction, as if holding out a door for her. He waited her to walk by so he could follow her, walking by her side.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

[OOC] Sounds good and no problem. Yayayay Flint's official!!

[IC] The blood transfusion did not frighten the girl. It made her feel stronger, gravitated. Afterwards she peered curiously at the tiny wound upon which their life fluids mingled. Naniko was a part of her. Liev was a part of her. The rest of the pack (whom she was dying to meet yet scared to death to do so) was a part of her. Flint looked up from her paw and grinned at both of the men who were, easily and oddly, now family members. “I’m whole. I’m whole!”

She listened to Naniko as if her life hung by a thread from his every word. Furious nods and ‘mhms’ of utter agreement interlaced with his speech. “Anathema won’t be let down, nooo sir.” Anathema had resurrected her spirit. She owed it every grain of her being.

She waved her hand and tail as Naniko departed the scene, then jaunted to Liev‘s beckoning side. She looked up to his finely painted purple eyes to show him her silent gratitude and excitement. Soon, they would be alone- together. She tingled with a mix of dread and delight, and the best part was she felt totally safe doing something she would have never agreed to in the past. With instincts giving her the go-ahead to do this she walked in the direction of his pointing hand… Indeed, Live had opened doors for Flint.

wc: 229
[/html]
[html]

Wanna have another thread soon? I liked to RP Liev with Flint 8DD

As the ritual was finished, Flint kept looking at the open cut on her paw, eyes wide open, and then shouted. Liev couldn't help but smile. The female was whole again. And he had helped her achieve it. The feeling that was almost close to a proud father when his child had done something for the first time, like walking or speaking. And he could feel like that, since she was now family. She was now, part of him as well, like Naniko, Theodoree, Alaki, and all the others were. That, he could not help but to sense the rising aura of pure joy surrounding the once empty girl not far from him. His smile widened.

The gray fmale kept muttering how she wiould not disappoint the pack, and the Russian was more than sure she wouldn't. As she walked closer to him as followed his gesture, they both walked side by side as true packmates. He held his hands laced together on his back, sometimes sneaking a peak on the lupus female, noticing the skip on her steps. He giggled lowly at that. She was an odd creature, but, in fact, who wasn't?

<style>
</style>[/html]