Changes
[html]

He still wasn't feeling well, but as the pup dragged his feet out into the air of Lunenburg, he could notice a definite change in himself. He wasn't feeling nearly as icky, not with the fresh winter air he could breathe. He had grown, certainly, since he first entered Cour des Miracles, though he hadn't noticed. Instead of the awkward puppy body he had toddled around with, Kambujiya was close to the same proportions as any of the adults; it was a fact that he'd be proud of once he realized it.

He tilted his head to the left, listening with his good ear, as he paused to see what was different. Nothing was, it was all still just Lunenburg. The familiarty was nice, but boring; with a roll of his brown eyes, he picked up into a run, heading anywhere but there.

Outside of the Chien Hotel, he tripped (as was his trademark) and sprawled out on the ground with an irritated snarl and a loose string of expletives that he would deny knowing if anyone ever asked him. He was always so clumsy! Having four legs was becoming a liability; why couldn't he be like Ever or Niro and be able to walk on two?

His ears twitched backwards as he dragged himself back onto his paws, muttering angrily under his breath.

[/html]
[html]

+3 Niro is in optime form as usual :3

Niro had seen the whole thing.. the poor pup, he had grown though he seemed to still trip over his legs and he watched as the boy muttered unhappily as he stood. Niro decided to move closer. He had been coming to see if anything needed to be done in the hotel, he knew there had to have been some repairs, they had some big winds the night before, he wanted to make sure nothing had gotten damaged. And he was sure Alaine was there and wanted to see how she was, she was deep in her pregnancy and as a pack member he wanted to make sure she was still full of pups or if she had them to make sure she had his support. They were not his but they were a part of the pack.

You alright there Kam?

He asked, he didn’t want the poor boy to feel embarrassed but he had to make sure he didn’t hurt himself on his fall, though it seemed apparent he had not. As he got to his feet Niro could see the puppy had grown quite a bit since he had last saw him.

Well well, someone is growing into a big boy, you have grown quite a bit since I last saw you!

Niro said grinning. This would be a surprise to the puppy, he was sure that the pup was in his own body so long he didn’t notice, but someone like Niro, who rarely saw him, could see a big difference.

What are you up to?

He asked, right now he was alone. Marahute, his normal companion was yet again out on the hunt. She did many times a day, especially now that it was hard to find food. Much of the time she never came back with anything at all, and she always brought her food back to share with Niro. He moved closer to the pup, wondering how old he was now, he hadn’t known when he first met him so it was hard to tell. He had to be close to adolescence by now though. He looked

<style>
.niro-q31 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.niro-q31 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.niro-q31 b {color:#1F1C1A; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.niro-q31 {background-color:#DBD4D0; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/niro.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#58514D; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 250px 0px; }
.niro-q31-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Niro's voice made him feel embarrassed; not only had he tripped once again, someone had seen. And it had been one of his heroes, one of the influential men in his lives. His cheeks grew warm, though there wasn't a noticable difference beneath his rusty fur.

"You alright there Kam?" Was he? With a heavy sigh, he gave a nod. He was fine. His pride was simply wounded. "I guess 'm okay." A brisk shake ridded him from clumps of snow that had stuck to him while he sprawled out on the ground and he focused his brown eyes to his older friend. His older friend who could stand on two legs. An internal pang of jealousy passed over him; he wanted to be able to stand on two legs.

The huntsman commented on his growth and a swell of pride pushed all other feelings out of him. Had he grown? Well, if Niro noticed, surely it was true. A faint smile passed the boy's mouth as he watched the male. "Did I? A lot?" There was hope in his voice. Hope that some day, he'd be able to take a role like Niro had, or like the Knight that he aspired to be.

Marahute wasn't there, he finally noticed, and he wondered silently where she was off to. Hunting? Just flying around? He scanned the skies briefly, searching for a glimpse of the feathered creature; she wasn't there. "I guess I'm not doin' nothin'. What are you doin'?" He squinted in the sunlight as he turned his face back to Niro, head tilted curiously.

[/html]
[html]

+3 OOC:!

Niro could tell that the pup was highly embarrassed and wished he hadn’t witnessed yet another fall from the boy, but it still couldn’t be helped, he answered Niro in an unhappy voice as he shook the snow off himself.

You’re still learning to get the hang of it all buddy. Don’t worry.

Though the words that seemed to bring his spirit up were that he had grown, and Niro loved how the boy just perked right up.

Yes you have grown tons, come here, see you were this tall on me.

He pointed down around the calf area of his leg, and then raised it up to the top of Kam’s head and smiled.

And now you are this tall to me. You have grown up quite a bit, but I think you have room for more, you will grow into your paws in no time!

He said confidently. The boy was apparently doing nothing, and Niro thought it was cute of him to say that. He chuckled a little and pointed to the huge house.

I’m going to make sure that none of the wind hurt the house, if it did than I will be able to fix it up so that it doesn’t bring in a draft for anyone who lives there.

He said, then thinking about it, the boy had not seen Niro’s new addition. The bald eagle he had named Gregor.

Hey when I’m finished checking the house, want to see my other birds? One is Tobias, he’s a much smaller bird, and then there is Gregor, he’s big and brown with a white head.

he asked, knowing the pup had interest in Marahute, that he possibly might want to meet his other two birds as well. Maybe the boy could grow to love them the way Niro did? Possibly, but Niro would never push anything onto a child. They had their own interests and that was that.

<style>
.niro-q31 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.niro-q31 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.niro-q31 b {color:#1F1C1A; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.niro-q31 {background-color:#DBD4D0; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/niro.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#58514D; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 250px 0px; }
.niro-q31-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Niro reassured him, but it didn't help. He was still down that he had been seen tripping over himself, but it couldn't be helped. With a deep breath, he tried to push it out of his mind. He spoke on his growth, and Kambujiya brightened; it felt wonderful to hear Niro's compliments, since he tried to impress the older males.

The huntsman was going to make sure none of the winds that had been blowing (not that Kambujiya had noticed too awful much, hiding away in his room) hadn't harmed the Hotel. Curiously, the pup looked to the building; it didn't look hurt, but maybe buildings got hurt in different ways than the wolves around him. "Can I help?" He hadn't ever fixed a house before, and maybe it'd be a good project.

But the idea was completely decimated by the news of Niro's birds. He would get to see them? Really? His face lit up like aurora borealis in his excitement. "We get ta see the birds?!" And that was that; that was what he wanted to do. Quietly, he readied himself for some work, studying Niro as he thought about the possibility of having his own birds some day.

"Hey, Niro? How come you walk like that?"

[/html]
[html]

OOC here!

Of course you can help, I don’t really think there was any or much damage at all, but I always have to make sure. We don’t want cold bodies in the house.

He said beginning to move around the house. There was nothing that needed immediate attention. He had seen Kam’s face as Niro mentioned the birds, and he felt glad he did. Rarely did Niro have a chance to share his birds with anyone, especially anyone who actually wanted to see the birds. At Kam’s question Niro automatically looked at his legs and back at Kam, forgetting he still had a slight limp.

Walk like what?

He asked, now feeling slightly self conscious but he continued on. The house seemed to be in semi good shape, except for a few shudders that could easily be replaced, though he doubted it needed to be done.

Well the hotel got lucky I must say, still is good as new. So how about we head to the stables and see those birds now?

He asked his tail wagging, but not anywhere near the vigor of what the pup could do. Niro had SOME dignity left to himself. Though if he got excited enough he would turn into a pup himself. After all he was still pretty young.

<style>
.niro-c03 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.niro-c03 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.niro-c03 b {color:#0B151E; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.niro-c03 {background-color:#CDE7FE; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010june/nirogift.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 318px 0px; border:1px solid #EBF5FD; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#2A3F52; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.niro-c03-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
</style>
Table by Sie
[/html]
[html]

He could help! Of course he could help. The confirmation swelled over in the heart of the boy as Niro started to move about. Still curious about the bipedal form of the older man, he watched him closely, seeing him look down at his question. Kambujiya huffed softly, stomping around in a show of youth before sitting comfortably. "Like that. With two legs. I wanna walk with two legs too." His voice sounded very determined, as if he knew he would some day. And he would. Just like he would be a knight and have birds of his own.

The hotel didn't seem too bad off; some shutteres were in poor shape, but Kambujiya wasn't worried about them himself. He just wanted to see these new birds, the ones who weren't Marahute. As Niro suggested they go to the stables, the pup bounced up to his feet impatiently, tail waggling like it had a mind of its own. "Yeah! Let's go see the birds now!" In his excitement, he almost forgot to wait for Niro, bounding off a few feet before realizing his friend wasn't there beside him and returning.

[/html]
[html]

OOC here!

Niro couldn’t help but sigh with relief when the puppy meant him being on two legs rather than four. He smiled, wondering how old Kam was… he must be nearing the time for change? He could sense the boy was a Luperci in any case.

A pup can’t change until around six months of age, but even then, some take many months to change for the first time. I’m afraid you’ll have to wait until your body feels it’s time for you to change.

He said. They were all the way around the house now, and Niro thought they would not have to repair much at all, and not today. It seemed Kam wanted to see the birds more and he was already off at Niro’s suggestion. He laughed and started after him, but after a little while the boy came back. Niro thought about changing but that would mean losing his belt and he needed that.

How about I race you from here too… that tree over there?

He said, they were still walking, but he knew he was able to run, with some discomfort, but running was not out of the question for him. He would make this into a game and they would get there faster. Niro thought it was a good idea at least.

<style>
.niro-c03 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.niro-c03 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.niro-c03 b {color:#0B151E; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.niro-c03 {background-color:#CDE7FE; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010june/nirogift.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 318px 0px; border:1px solid #EBF5FD; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#2A3F52; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.niro-c03-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
</style>
Table by Sie
[/html]
[html]

"A pup can't change until around six months of age." With that phrase came the imaginary clinking of gears in the mind of the young man; he tried to think back to how many months he had been alive. He could only remember three, as far back as he had been within the borders of the Cour des Miracles. Was he only three months old? No, but he didn't know any better. "How old am I, Niro?" Not that the older man would know just when he was born. Still, he was desperate for the information, desperate to learn more about the change he wanted so badly to happen.

The hotel was in good enough shape to stand on its own, and the Prince wanted to see these birds so badly, that he could barely contain himself. Jogging back, he brightened, glad at the Luperci's suggestion for a race. "Yeah! I bet I'll win, y'know!" He bounced around cheerfully, getting ready to run; he wanted to be fair, but he wanted to win too. He was almost tempted to just take off...but he held back the temptation and came up beside the adult.

[/html]
[html]

OOC: crappy short post.

Niro thought hard about what the pup asked he seemed young still, and he wasn’t sure himself how old the puppy was he hadn’t know beforehand… so the boy didn’t even know how old he was? Nor his birthday? Poor thing…

Well… you do look four to five months old to me, I’m not sure how old you are I’m afraid. Did your mom tell you before when you were born, the month at least?

Niro laughed at the pups exuberance as he stated he was going to win. He waited for a second…

One… Two…. Th… three!!!

He shouted and started running towards the tree, though he wasn’t trying to hard and knew that the puppy could beat him easy even if he was trying. Four legs were always faster than two.

<style type="text/css">
.nirogifty01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#bdae92; letter-spacing:1px; }
.nirogifty01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9c978c; text-align:left;}
.nirogifty01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.nirogifty01 {margin:0 auto; width:368px; background-color:#202522; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... 252221.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #bdae92; padding: 180px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9c978c; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.nirogifty01-border1 {width:370px; border:1px solid #4d4849; margin:0 auto;}
.nirogifty01-line1 {width:344px; border-bottom:1px dotted #514c41; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
Table by Alli

[/html]
[html]

Three!!!

With the number, he was off like a bullet, russet fur blazing from his place beside the older male to the point they had decided on. With the older man's limp, and the lack of four legs, he knew he would win. He was younger, he was in a better shape, and he simply knew he could do it.

Skidding on the snow, he tumbled head over feet, hitting the tree upside down. His eyes went wide, huffing softly. "Oh, wow. That hurt!" But instead of a look of pain, the young male started to laugh. What a wild ride! His mottled muzzle opened in a bright grin, watching his grey friend.

"I won! See? I knew I'd win!" For the moment, his mind was off of the subject of age, turned away from his hopes to be able to walk on two legs, like Niro did. His heart soared with excitement, happy to run and happy to see the birds Niro was going to show him.

His ear twitched, nose wrinkling as he turned his brown eyes to the sky. Something settled strangely in his stomach, mind eventually turning back to his dreams of being the same as his Huntsman hero. Silently, he wondered if he wished really hard, maybe he'd be able to do what the older male did.

Focusing on his thoughts, he squeaked as a change started to progress; his legs grew longer, providing ample ability to stand erect while his forepaws separated into longer fingers. Though his muzzle and ears remained, his body took a longer form, shoulders pulling back and growing broader. The scruff at the back of his neck grew longer and thicker, falling over his shoulders in short cascades of straight ginger locks.

He remained silent, staring at his new hands with panic-stricken features while laying the snow.

[/html]
[html]

WC: 219

Niro laughed as the puppy ran as fast as he could, and Niro followed at a jogging pace, he witnessed yet another fall, but this was different. Kam was actually laughing. Niro couldn’t help but chuckle at the boy’s amusement, but it seemed things suddenly just stopped. The boy seemed out of sorts and it wasn’t long before he found out why. The change that took place was quick, but it shocked the both of them. He stood as Kam looked down at his hands. Niro couldn’t help but stay there for a short while taking in what just happened. It was almost like his own first time, except Niro almost paniced, it was his sister who helped him with the change, since she was the first to do it herself. She made sure he was comfortable.

Well I suppose you are older than we thought. How do you feel?

He asked breaking the silence. Changing didn’t normally hurt, even the first time, but when it happened at sudden an odd times… it was nervewracking to the receiver, and quite surprising to any witnesses as it was to Niro now. He couldn’t help but smile though. Kam had wished he could walk on two legs just like Niro and he got his wish within a few minutes of it.

<style type="text/css">
.nirogifty01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9c978c; text-align:left;}
.nirogifty01 {margin:0 auto; width:368px; background-color:#202522; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... 252221.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #bdae92; padding: 180px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9c978c; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.nirogifty01-line1 {width:344px; border-bottom:1px dotted #514c41; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
Table by Alli

[/html]
[html]
3+

The entire change had taken only a moment, but he was left with lingering discomfort in his joints. It was still a shock; though he'd wished so much to be like Niro, he hadn't expected the change would happen. He had simply thought he was an average wolf, an average puppy meant to live an average life on four legs. Clearly, he'd been mistaken.

With a grunt, Kambujiya rolled over onto his stomach, pushing up from the ground with his new hands in order to stand. He stood still, quiet, for a moment to test his new stance. It was comfortable, standing upright and away from the ground. He was taller, though still hunched over with his weight held over his legs rather than his feet. For a moment, he was concerned he'd fall, but it never came. His smile returned, brown eyes focused on his hands as they turned over, allowing him to study each finger.

I suppose you are older than we thought. How do you feel?

He wasn't sure how to describe it, his mouth opening for a brief moment before shutting again only to repeat the sequence a minute later. Finally, he gathered a word, tossing it out with childish abandon: "Great!" Another laugh broke free from the russet muzzle, void of any barking undertones as it may have been while he was low to the ground. To test his new form, he pranced around in a circle, weight slowly shifting farther down to his feet and allowing him to stand straighter. His eyes darted about with blatant curiosity, taking in the world from a new perspective.

As the excitement cooled, he looked back to his friend, trotting back to stand beside him with hesitant steps. Though it seemed natural enough, he wondered if he would manage to stay upright; perhaps he'd still be so clumsy he'd fall all the time. And it looked like a fall from the new height he stood at would hurt more. Shaking some of the scruffy locks free from his face, he took a deep breath. "Do we get to see the birds now, Niro?" His hope was resurrected in the prospect of seeing the birds, settled atop his waning excitement of having the same ability of transformation as his hero did.

[/html]
[html]

WC: 337 OOC: if you wanted Niro can let Kam have the eagle, if you want a different one we can wait for spring to catch another? Smile

Niro watched as the boy excitedly tested out his new body. Niro couldn’t help but grin. It was the same excitement his sister had shared. He liked the similarity, but he knew this pup was surely different than his sister, for she’d always been a book worm. He wasn’t even sure if the boy could read at all. She had a tendency to not understand what was real and what wasn’t, it seemed Kam had a much bigger understanding.

Looks like you are getting the hang of it.

He said, then the boy mentioned the birds and he laughed, what would be better than to visit them now?

Well I see no reason not to, maybe Marahute will let you touch her feathers if she comes back from her hunt.

He said smiling. He wasn’t so sure about Tobias and definitely wouldn’t let the boy get near Gregor, who was not considered trained yet, it had only been a few days since he had gotten the eagle after all and they were still all wild. He just wanted the animal to understand what he was doing, and the indiginity of falling for a trap was a hard thing to get over. He motioned the boy to follow after him. He was sure that Kam didn’t want to change back to his wolf form so he started walking at a casual pace until the boy would set a good pace for the both of them. He was sure the boy’s idea was running of course, but Niro was sure he could run, with ease in any case, but knew that his leg would hurt after a while.

So you like the birds? Have you ever thought of learning how to train birds?

He asked as they moved along the open land. They’d passed the tree they were racing to now of course and a few more, and the stables could be seen in the distance. It was a matter of time before they got to the bird’s home.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Alli

[/html]
[html]Since he's leaving, I think Niro should keep his bird. >.>

He seemed to be experiencing a sense of nirvana, utterly enveloped in the more flexible bipedal body he had come into. It was great, magificent! Everything seemed so much easier, the possibilities endless for him. His excitement bubbled over into his words and gestures as he went to be beside the hunstman. The birds were next, surely! His highlight of the moment.

The possibility of touching Marahute brought his spirits even higher. The bird was his favorite by far, well trained and interesting. He followed as Niro motioned for him, managing a brisk walk to try and stay behind the older male. He didn't want to outpace him, since the man was leading the way, but he was itching to get near the winged creatures.

"I don't think birds would like me, but...I guess I have yeah." He held back that he'd dreamed about the possibility since he first met Niro, feathers and squawks clouding his mind with each prolonged second of his life. He had to have a bird.

[/html]