Ugata Hia Aninoquisi Ale Uwagudidisv
[html]

Sing it with me now: "I need a pager~" >:O

She nodded as she was corrected, not wishing to cause offense to the Anathemian alchemist, as he was. She could not understand the purpose of gold other than to make jewelry--it was not, in her tribe, a precious metal so much as an ore for decoration--and thus did not comprehend how it was the goal of a power to do so. However, the mere power to transmute something was enough in itself to inspire awe into her, so it overcame and silenced her doubt in the usefulness of the original purpose.

Ralla's ears twitched as she heard Liev mumble, although perhaps he thought she did not hear him at all. Yes, she thought solemnly. Some things...were not meant for us. How often had the Great Spirits and moon punished those who had tried to defy their destiny? Too often to count. There were those who believed that they were rebelling and winning the battle against the path set for them, when in fact they were still on the course charted before their births. Destiny is designed, by nature, to be subjective and changeable; it is impossible to veer off one course and not chance running into another meant only for you. It was confining, and yet it was to be respected. She could not assume who it was Liev spoke of when he mentioned 'their', but her ears went back in sympathy for the challenge of defying fate. She, too, had been one to run away from something that could not be escaped. It was only through mercy and the luck that she should land in a path still named hers that she was not struck down, and that the moon watched over her still. And the same as she could not define his words she could not define his countenance; stony, lost in thought, and somehow much less approachable than before. Her pointed ears went back to mirror the mood, and she returned to her repast in similar thinking silence. "My people did not care for gold," she said after a time. "or taking anything than how it was. We were simple, and feared the spirits as much as we respected them. And as much as I understand of alchemy now...I will not lie, Liev; I fear for you." She was not preaching a sermon nor a religion; only her true feelings. "It is not my place to tell you what you can and cannot do, or even should or should not; but aiming to control what is not yours to begin with, or destined to be yours...is dangerous. Do not take much to heart my fears; I do not make the paths. Because at the same time that I fear for you, I admire it. It's courage and will to do what you wish to do; it's something that I seem to be lacking." A silence went through them, then, and Ralla looked to Liev to fill the silence. But instead of words, his expression did the talking, and she was soothed, if not a little odd-feeling in that she had received such a response.

Pricking her ears, Ralla noticed that she had taken much more of the man's time than she had supposed, and instantly felt guilty of such. She got up to leave, but as she uttered her regrets, Liev soothed her in that it was fine, and that their talk had been rather enjoyable. She had to agree with him on that, at least, but she had duties to attend to, and it was getting late. Plus, that run-in with the spirit had left her a little nerve-frazzled, so she wanted to get back to the Great Fire as soon as possible to meditate and calm her spirit. With a goodbye between wolves of like minds, Ralla went back to the village, fears assuaged and mind turning over with new thoughts, leaving Liev to hunt for more game that he was perhaps needing.

The world is vast and contains many wolves and things, that which touch our lives and embitter or enrich them. How long each thing stays with another is uncertain, and the impact in the long run even more so; they determine the paths of destiny which we walk. But somehow, Ralla felt like this small meeting had altered her destiny, even if only by a small turn of the foot to take the next step.

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

<style>
.rallasface .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.rallasface p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.rallasface b {color:#441e39; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.rallasface {background-color:#441906; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/fdSxN.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ce4b03; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; }
.rallasface-border {width:504px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.rallasface .inner {margin:326px 10px 10px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/50pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>
[/html]

[Image: Ralla_by_Nina2.png]