come here, pretty
[html]
OOC. Set in 2009, after Krystalle and Mars first meet. Los Angeles, California, USA.

IC.

"Awh, yeah! ¡Que hermosa! I found something good!"

The young woman bounced excitedly from once place on the counter to another, smile breaking across her face as she attempted to tug a large and worn-out canvas from under the rubble. It had been her idea to scavenge the art gallery, or what was left. After the recent earthquakes, there was little left over; the joys of living in the sunny state of California. But she had found a treasure hidden amongst the wreckage. An almost perfect painting by a Salvador Dali. One of her favorites.

There were other examples in the art history books, as scarce as they were, their pages mouldy and missing. The library had suffered less damage, the lower levels keeping up with the dangers that nature threw at it better than most, and she spent hours sitting inside of its walls, just flipping through the pages of worn-out literature to expand the knowledge she sought out eagerly. True, there weren't many books; the years hadn't been kind to the paper pages of many of the older texts, leaving her with the most recent editions of encyclopedias and other more scientific texts.

Her smile only widening as she stepped out of the ruined stone building, she raised the painting toward the sky to take a better look. "Oh this is great. Real great!" she exclaimed, excitement flittering around her words. If she'd had a tail, it would have moved a mile a minute.

[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.marsred b {font-weight:bold; color:#411b19; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.marsred p {text-indent:25px;padding:5px 10px;margin:0px;}
.marsred {width:400px;border:1px solid #5f2b2d;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... arsred.png);background-position:top center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-top:265px;background-color:#df5f4a;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:georgia, serif;font-size:11px;line-height:12px;color:#5f2b2d;}
</style>

ooc: <3, sorry for the wait.

Bartholomew had been following the woman's scent, for she had been around the city, and close to where he was, so he might as well stop by and say hi to the woman, should he not? It wasn't like Bartholomew and the woman by the name of Krystalle had anything against each other, in fact, the two were more of friends than anything. Well, possibly more than that, but Bartholomew didn't think about it too hard, all he really thought about right now was getting to where the woman was and figuring out what adventures that the woman and him would have today. He had his tongue hanging out of his mouth, the warm air being sucked in and then exhaled as the harnessed man had ran towards the woman's scent. He did not have his sled with him, but he did have his harness on simply because he needed to have it ready for when he was going to go back to his dwelling to get the damn thing. He just needed some new wheels for it first since it was in it's winter mode with the blades. A simple modification would let it roam on wheels, which would be best for the cracked pavement of the lost City of Angels. Los Angeles was such a beautiful city, Bartholomew had to admit that it was much more pretty here than in Fresno.

He'd skid to a halt when he had come upon an old rundown library. His nose was searching through to find the tangy scent of the woman. He found it and found his way around the stone building and saw the woman with a painting in her hands and up above her, the sun shining down on the canvas. It was a rather pretty picture and Bartholomew quickly ran up to the woman, and gave her a hug from behind. He put his head over the woman's shoulder and he looked at the painting she was holding up. "Tha' is one sexy ass picta' right thur. " Bartholomew spoke, chuckling softly to the woman. " Great find! An' it's nice ta' see ya' today, beautiful." the man had spoken to the woman, being as nice as he could, simply because he was that nice. "How have yer days been treatin' ya'?" he asked, cocking his head as he let his steel eyes fall on the woman and her pink ones.

"Bart speaks,"

mall fonts; text-align:right;">present personality:Bartholomew Cubbins
[/html]
[html]
OOC. Don't worry about it. <3
IC.

Her pastel eyes didn't move from the canvas for a moment, taking in all of the different pieces of the almost pristine painting. Sure, it had its points of ruin, where the fabric had thinned and the paint had faded, but she loved it all the same. It was a treasure that she knew would be the pride of her small collection.

Enraptured by the image in her hands, she didn't realize the familiar scent of a friend nearby until his arms were around her and his head was over her shoulder. It was only a few moments later that her head was flooded with the smell of one Mars and-or Bartholomew, curious man that he was. Her fingers slackened on the piece of art, letting it clatter to the ground while she stood shocked and embarrassed, lacking words to greet him after he spoke.

She turned her pink eyes toward him, opening her mouth only to close it a second later while she attempted to scoot out of his embrace, giving an awkward chuckle. "They've been alright, y'know? Kinda borin'," she divulged, a smile gluing itself to her cream muzzle. The shyness disappearing into an invisible puff of smoke, she bounded back to return his hug, flopped-over getting turned backwards in the action. Her eye squinted, turning upward slightly in an attempt to view them, displeased but unwilling to let go of the Russo long enough to fix them.

"What about you, huh? Done anything fun?"

[/html]
[html]

ooc: <3

The woman dropped the painting, and then spoke to him about how the days were a bore to her. That meant that she did not adventure, he assumed, today probably was one of those days to get out and explore a little bit. He didn't blame her, the other days had been almost insufferable as far as the weather went. It had been a hot summer, this was no lie. Both Bartholomew and Mars ended up staying inside as much as they could these days that were too hot to go outside simply because they would overheat. The water sources were far and few, so they had to be conservative with what they did have. Bart listened to the woman as she spoke, and she had a smile on her face. Bart returned hers with a handsome smile of his own, much different than the empty ones that Mars would give to the woman often times. Bart's smiles were always genuine and full of energy, Mars' lacked that same energy. The woman fixed herself within his embrace, and he let her go enough to let her fix herself to where they were face to face. She then asked him what was up with him. What he did over the last few days. Bartholomew cocked a grin.

I'm pretty sure tha' I got ta' be Mars for awhile, then I was meh again. the man started to speak, telling her that he was Mars for awhile. He knew that she knew the differences, and he knew that she knew that he was two different people, so he was rather open about it. Mars, however, was not open about him being Bartholomew, so he'd never let the woman know what he was doing. Mars would always fill in the blanks with something like "Oh, I played my guitar for a few hours more" or "Didn't you hear all of that music? I was playing the piano, and the violin. Then I went to guitar for awhile." and more recently "I wasn't in town, I was hunting with Vox." All of those times, he had been spending time as Bartholomew instead of doing what he said he was doing. I mean, yeah, sometimes he was telling the truth about playing the guitar, but there were times that he would just group his time as Bartholomew into some other activity that he had done. Didn't git' much done. It's been pretty hot outside, an' my fur is pretty thick fer' tis' hot ass weather. I blame Mars' dad fer tha' fur length. the man spoke, chuckling to the woman as he had let his fingers on his right hand play with the fur on the woman's side. How's Senorita doin'? She good fer a ride late'? the man asked the woman, cocking his head to her and smiling still.

<style type="text/css">
.MarsThouYest b {font-weight:bold; color:#1476A6; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.MarsThouYest-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:10px; color:#E8ECEB; text-align:right; }
.MarsThouYest p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.MarsThouYest {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#13464A; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... Table1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 230px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#C9D4D3; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann! <3
[/html]
[html]Totally forgot the word 'ears' behind 'flopped-over'...fail.

The bi-persona man was a thing of interest to the mutt woman, though she wouldn't lie that she preferred the one known as Bartholomew. He had more energy, and his smiles were real. Mars was less so. But it was Bartholomew who stood before her, with his handsome smile that made her weak in the knees. She let out a tittering laugh, backed mostly by nerves as she tried remain on her feet. It was more of a feat than she expected, and she eventually leaned most of her weight against his chest.

Her day had been bland, other than entering the gallery to search the wreckage, and she was sure she'd rather hear about her friend's goings on instead of talking about her own. He was honest about the presence of Mars, saying he believed he had been the other male for a bit; Mars was different in that aspect, as he didn't acknowledge Bartholomew.

She squirmed as his fingers played in the fur at her side, agreeing with a nod at the fact that the weather was hot. Too damn hot. She had started to forgo clothing, fashionable as it was, to deal with the building summer heat. As the topic shifted to her horse, she had to take a moment to think. "She's doing alright, mi querido. Not handling the heat well, but we're doin' fine," she offered. It was difficult to beat the heat without a water source, and she preferred to let her baby sit in the shade rather than having to wait in the sunlight.

A grimace passed over her face as she realized hugging him probably was a poor choice. His fur held in a lot more heat than her own, and she untangled herself from him to step back. "Mother Mary, you're like a fire! Dunno how you manage to live here!" Her exclamation was followed by her attempt to pull him into a spot of shade, given by an overhand on the remaining roof of the gallery.

[/html]
[html]

ooc: I figured it was her ears though xDD

Bart was shy in his own little ways, but when it came to hugs, he was easily able to touch without being flustered. Now, he didn't give the same warm hugs as Mars did, and there was definitely a difference in the way Mars held a woman and the way Bartholomew did. Bartholomew's hug had been possessive, as if the woman was his, and his only, while Mars' hug was more of protection and love. The man was strong against the woman and her body as he held her close, in the embrace. The woman would wiggle under his fingers as they played in her fur, and he would let a small chuckle come from his maw as she would continue on to speak about how her steed was doing and that they were both doing pretty good. Bartholomew was glad that they both were doing good, and Vox and himself were pretty much in the same boat. It was hot and Bartholomew found it rather cruel to make the steed work in such conditions. Bart nodded his head. Vox is well ta'. He was pretty riled up tis' mornin' tho'. T'ink somethin' mighta' spooked 'em. the man spoke, nodding hid head lightly, remembering that Vox had been freaking out this morning for some random reason that he couldn't care to remember. Oh, if ya' needed some more wata', I found a new source a little bit ta' tha' south of 'ere. the man spoke, talking of the water source he had come from just a few hours ago, when he was Mars. He and Mars had found it together, so it was a shared memory between the two of them, thank god or Bartholomew might have been stuck dehydrated and possibly dead if he hadn't been around to see Mars find it.

The woman would then peel herself from him, saying that he was as hot as a fire and that she didn't know how he lived here. In all honesty, he didn't know how Mars was able to deal with the constant heat of everyday here in California. Bart only dealt with it because Mars dealt with it, and Bart had a friend here, it being Krystalle, which had made him hesitant about leaving again. If anyone was going to leave this place, it would be the Russo man, not the Cubbins. Bartholomew had been against moving from Fresno even, and Mars still moved without consulting Bart, so Bart wouldn't be surprised if it happened more than once. Bart knew how fickle and picky Mars was about where he lived, so it should be no surprise to the man. The woman pulled him over to the shade, in which he let her do so without a problem. He chuckled lightly to the woman before he had taken a hand to one of her floppy ears and he played with it for a moment, just flipping it and watching it fall back into place. I dunno. I jus' deal wit' it I guess... Maybe I jus' got used ta' it a lil' bit. the man spoke, shrugging lightly to the woman and a smile being placed across his handsome maw. What kind'f paintin' is tha' you found thur'? the man asked, looking back to the art that had been on the ground now.

<style type="text/css">
.MarsThouYest b {font-weight:bold; color:#1476A6; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.MarsThouYest-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:10px; color:#E8ECEB; text-align:right; }
.MarsThouYest p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.MarsThouYest {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#13464A; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... Table1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 230px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#C9D4D3; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann! <3
[/html]
[html]

Krystalle never noticed distinct differences in the two men who shared one body, but a few things were so clear that even she couldn't help but notice. The first was the fact that Bartholomew recognized Mars. The second was the way each man held her. While Mars gave far more tender embraces, Bartholomew appeared almost aggressive, as if she was property not to be touched by others. The differences in the personalities were highly interesting, giving her something to wonder about with each second she spent around them.

The horses were a comfortable topic for her, not too intimate but not something that one would chat about with any old stranger. The handsome stallion in the care of the Russo-Cubbins was in the same way as her pretty Paint horse, though she heard he had been spooked by something. The mutt gave a frown at the news, concerned for the safety of her own companion. "What do you think it coulda been?" A new water source was ignore for the time being, allowing her to focus completely on the animals.

It didn't take long for the heat to get to the Shepherd mix, dragging the handsome wolf into the shade where he could hopefully get some relief for himself. "I dunno. I jus' deal wit' it I guess." She smiled, returning the gesture given by the multi-hued man who stood before her. Art came next, and she lit up like the starry night sky as he asked about her treasured painting. "It's a Salvador Dali! He was famous! Abstract art leaves me weak in the knees," she crooned, looking to her precious framed piece of work with adoring pink eyes.

[/html]
[html]

OOC: I love how long this post had been sitting here for the longest time open in another tab. just sitting there until i finished it today. It had to be like four or five days, seriously.

What do you think it coulda been? the woman had asked, concern in her voice for the steed. Bartholomew blinked at the woman for a moment and then tilted his head back to think about what exactly Mars had seen when he had come down to consul the horse. Mars had been hiding the information from Bart for a good minute or so before he had finally found the right memory and he had recognized the problem being a bobcat that had found it's way too close to Vox for comfort. Vox believed that the bobcat had it's eyes on eating the healthy steed, and Vox obviously was not having it. Vox fought off the predator as well as he could until a second bobcat had showed up and cornered the steed in the yard. It would be then that Mars would come down with a bat, of all things and he would take on the two felines with arms swinging. Vox himself had also taken care of a cat before they both were bruised and not willing to take on the luperci and equine. They were no easy meal, that was for sure. It was one of 'dem bobcats. the man spoke back to the sable colored woman. He smiled at her, genuine and oh so Bartholomew-like. Well, more like two of 'dem bobcats... the man corrected and he held up to of his fingers on his midnight hand. Steel eyes had caught the four scars on his wrist, but these were not from the bobcats that Mars fought this morning, no, these were scars from long ago, so deeply cut that they never grew hair back in those spots. They were not caused by the bobcats, these scars held a darker story than that. Bartholomew didn't want to even think about Lyndi and her abusive ways at the moment. Mars took care of 'em. Nobody got hurt. the man would tell the woman, nodding his head to her, mouth still curved in a handsome smile that he couldn't help but wear around the woman. Krystalle was just one of those women.

It's a Salvador Dali! He was famous! Abstract art leaves me weak in the knees, the mention of the human artist's name did not ring a bell in the head of the tri-colored man, but the picture looked familiar from what he got to see of it, and he held a smile on his face as he watched the woman brighten up about the painting. It's a cool picta'. Wish I could paint tha' good. Bartholomew spoke, chuckling softly. Bart rose his white hand to the woman's long mohawk, and he played with the edges of it for a moment, and then chuckled. Looks like ya' m'hawk is gettin' pretty long, little lady. the man teased, before he had brushed her bangs to the left and then to the right, stupid grin strong on his face.

<style>
.grimgoodbye-z91 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.grimgoodbye-z91 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.grimgoodbye-z91 b {color:#ff5e5e; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.grimgoodbye-z91 {background-color:#580c0c; background-image:url(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... byetab.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:186px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #ff5e5e; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#fff; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:470px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.grimgoodbye-z91-border {width:472px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

<3 Moar posting for Krystalle, in her new sexy table!

Bobcats. She shuddered at the thought that precious Senorita would be attacked by bobcats like Vox had been. Bartholomew's words didn't ease her fears, though Mars had dealt with the pests. There were likely more, and more meant her horse was in danger. She would have to stay up and make sure her hoofed companion was taken care of for the night.

The turn of the conversation to the painting was a good one, and she bubbled right back up in true Krystalle-cheer fashion as she babbled exclamations about the wonders of Salvidor Dali and his abstract art. It was clear her friend didn't know what she was talking about, but he seemed to appreciate the work. "Wish I could paint tha' good." She nodded vigorously.

He brushed his fingers along the stiff edges of her hair and she laughed. Maybe it was getting long; she hadn't really studied her hair in a while. "Guess I can make you fix it for me, huh stud?" she replied, laughing and scooping up the picture. "I should get this somewhere safe, if you wanna come back to my place." She looked at the bi-persona man expectantly, hoping he'd join her.

<style>
.krysta-z91 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.krysta-z91 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.krysta-z91 b {color:#d28d18; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.krysta-z91 {background-color:#270901; background-image:url(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... letab1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #d28d18; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#fff; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:420px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.krysta-z91-border {width:422px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]