Curiosity Trapped the Wolf
[html]

OOC: I really don't know where this came from, it randomly appeared on my mind today when I was sitting against a tree and a branch fell on my head (coincidence?) so yeah... wooo random plot xD

WC: 1057

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The small steps he was taking were almost way too calculated, almost as if he was using the sun’s shadow to take each step at the same distance. Even though he could now freely roam the territory of the Phoenix Valley pack he was always the one to be alert no matter where he was. Falgar’s ever shifting green eyes changed from one point of focus to another, always searching from something that stood out from the normal environment and that he could use.

A lonely sparkle caused his body to come to a full stop, the large uneven ears perking up to keep him alert as his eyes tried to focus on the owner of the sparkle. After a short time of battling with his own mind he took the first step forward, swaying his head from side to side to get a better location of the object better as the sun repeatedly reflected against what seemed to be a metallic surface.

Step by step he got near enough to take a glimpse of the object, a medium sized and covered in moss dagger rested in its own bed of fallen leaves and moist earth. Falgar took his time to carefully walk around the object, checking for any kind of trap or danger that the shiny object could bring. When he saw none he finally got nearer, using large and sharp ivory claws to remove some if the moss from the blade’s surface.

This was the final push to let his curiosity free, ignoring the constant shouts from his conscience he got near the object to turn it around with his nose, finding himself a bit disgusted by the rusty odor of what seemed to be old and caked up blood.

Giving a deep sigh he closed his eyes, concentrating on the form that he had dreaded since what it had caused when he was younger. This was of the few times that he regretted not changing that often, he had no option but to feel a bit sick as his bones got into their new places as he had already forgotten how it felt.

When he was done he stood up, wobbling a bit as he was too used to walk on all fours. With a pair of jumps on his place he finally stood firmly on his ground, immediately getting back to what he was doing just moments ago. He definitely found it easier and more pleasant to pick up the piece of metal with his hands that with his maw.

On closer inspection the blade was simple save for the elaborate swirling design on the dagger’s hilt. Old blood was caked near the tip, giving the small metallic piece a rather sinister air around it. Shrugging at the fact Falgar looked around for something to clean it with, finding nothing but what nature had to offer which was not of much help.

Falgar cringed at his two options, either he cleaned it with the humid grass that may rust the metal of the blade or he cleaned it with his own fur. A slight growl escaped his shut maw as the flat part of the blade was passed along the short fur that covered his arm.

Now that the blade was clean he threw it against a nearby tree to try how sharp it was, smiling as the edge made a firm thump sound as it cut though a thick layer of bark. With a firm pull Falgar tried to retrieve his new found weapon, only to find out he couldn’t.

“Awww come on!”

no matter how hard he pulled the blade just wouldn’t even move, his efforts were only making the tree to groan loudly, small cracks heard from what seemed old and humid wood that may break and fall down at any moment. He gave yet another look on the surroundings, this time finding a large and alone piece of rope not that far of him.

Taking the rope he tied it around the weapon’s hilt, being extra careful to avoid his claws from cutting down the rope, knowing he could sue it later. His clawed feet where then planted some inches beneath the stuck dagger to help him pull it out; when the position was correct he went back to pulling it back both from the hilt and from the rope, his lips pulled back in effort. An extremely loud crack interrupted him from his current activity.

The dagger finally gave out and fell down, entangling him with it on the process to the tree. As the tree began to topple down he closed his eyes, thinking that the falling tree would just squish him and end his life. Jet he felt nothing, just the sensation of being pulled in the air. When he opened his eyes he found himself looking at the clear sky painted by the lush green of the tree tops.

Falgar stood like that for a few moments, still unsure of what just happened he tried to move, the rope that he picked up moments ago was messily tied around him, the rest of the rope was either stuck with the debris caused by the tree or directly under it. He struggled against the rope, trying to use the dagger on his right paw to cut the nearby rope to at least improve his chances, failing on the process.

When the sky was already orange he gave up, finding himself too tired to keep fighting against something that in no way would budge. Resting his head against the now broken up bark he took his moment to think what he could do. Where was the god damn bird when you needed her?

Careful not to strain his lungs against the oppressing rope he shouted

“Kea! Kea!”

when he got no answer from the black feathered bird he tried again

“Hello? Anyone! Please help!”

after that he closed his eyes to wait.

“Well way to go Falgar, you go again with your little curiosity and look were you end up”

he was actually scolding himself as he found no other good thing to do while waiting either to receive help from someone that could be near, to wait for his strength to come back or sadly to await his dead.

<style>
.falgarlost .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.falgarlost p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.falgarlost b {color:#3D3D3D; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; }
.falgarlost {background-color:#ECEDE8; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/o08cpd.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.falgarlost-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.falgarlost .inner {margin:10px 10px 250px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC: Well, I'm intrigued

The half-tailed ruffian known as Ty was lumbering about again, bored and uneasy as usual. Ty had found himself patrolling Phoenix Valley like a sentry more and more these days, mostly because he had enough rest from his travels to actually feel useful as a guard around the territory. His hardened eyes scanned the territory like the predator that he was for any sort of movement in the distance, anything out of the ordinary that would warrant investigation. However, there was nothing, not a damn thing for him to investigate, simultaneously relieving and depressing him. He had begun to feel out of place here, there wasn't much need for a wolf like him around these parts, the Valley was always rather quiet anyway, but this was his home, and on the off chance that it would need someone to help protect it, he would be there.p

However, Ty's train of thought came to a screeching halt when a sound penetrated his ears from the cold stale air, bringing his prowl to a stop. Turning his head towards the sound, his ears began to twitch to try and pick up words as he cautiously shuffled towards the sound. Eventually he could hear words, and by the tone he could begin to tell it was some sort of cry for help, by now he could tell it was another wolf by the smell in the air, it was certainly another wolf, but he did not recognize the scent. With his curiosity piqued at the wolf's cries, his shuffle turned to a stride as he quickened his pace to the call of distress.

However, the sight that awaited him was something he could not have expected in all his years of life, an interesting shock to say the least. A wolf he did not recognize, though distinctly smelling of Phoenix Valley, was tied up in what looked like a mix between tree debris and rope. Ty's eyebrow raised as he got closer, he could see no footprints leaving the scene, so the only viable explanation was that the wolf somehow did this to himself. He eventually stepped out of the shadows, scratching his head and trying desperately to stifle a chuckle as he surveyed the site, trying to figure out how this happened.

"Well...this certainly wasn't what I was expecting." Ty stated as he made another step closer, his eyes suddenly making contact with Falgar's. "Are you alright? You seem to be a bit trapped, what exactly happened here?"

<style type="text/css">
.tymountains b {font-weight:bold; color:#50A6C2; letter-spacing:1px; }
.tymountains .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.tymountains p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.tymountains {margin:0px auto; width:399px; background-color:#3465B1; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/34q1afm.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 250px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000033; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC: xD

WC: 584

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ivory clawed feet of the gray wolf steadily thumped at the now destroyed bark with as much movement as he could achieve in his current position. Right now he was ignoring his demise could be just moments ago; he was way more concentrated at the boredom that was painfully gnawing at the back of his mind.

He had tried to struggle out of the rope’s tight embrace not long ago, but the only thing that he had achieved was to fatigue his already tired body. Not even did he had the opportunity to check himself for injuries, if he were to move that much on the destroyed log it may tip and roll over, turning him into a paste on the process.

Dark gray ears suddenly shot up from their flattened position on the sides of his trap. Had it had been his imagination or did he just heard some vegetation rustling. The fact ignited the already lost hope on him; maybe he wasn’t as lost as he though.

“Hello? Anybody there?”

he didn’t even have to wait for an answer as an orange wolf appeared as soon as he finished his call.

Falgar’s tired expression was switched to a goofy grin, by the stranger wolf’s face his current situation must had been quite a sight, and a funny one at it. When the male wolf spoke to him he couldn’t do other thing but laugh, wincing a bit on the process as his chest’s movements were squishing his lungs.

“Oh hello there sir. Don’t worry I am ok just a bit…. Trapped… and tired”

the tired sigh that accompanied his words made the fact a bit more obvious.

“Well I saw this dagger over here”

his wrist twitching a bit in a messy try to lift the dagger for the other wolf to see.

“I liked, decided to test if it still worked against a tree, it got stuck and then I tried to pull at it with the same rope that is now imprisoning me. The pression was too much on the poor tree and the it fell, the rope getting angled on the tree and myself on the process”

while he spoke he did everything he could to attempt to keep his head up and his sight focused on the other male’s wolf, activity that proved extremely tiring to his tense neck.

“Good sir, if it wouldn’t be much of a bother could this dumb wolf ask for a moment of your time, I am in need of assistance, no matter how hard I try I can’t break free from the rope”

Falgar groaned slightly, he knew that the process would render the rope useless as the must easy solution at the moment would be just to cut the rope. Oh well, the rope was lost since the moment he laid his eyes on it, either it was destroyed here or it would share the same fate as must of the objects that were unlucky enough to finish on his hands.

It was not until this moment that he actually realized that he haven't even take the simplest of manners into account

"Oh pardon my manners sir. My name is Falgar, a new member of the Phoenix Valley pack. I would greet you properly but I am currently.. unable at the moment"

yet another goofy smile appeared on his face almost as if he were apologizing for his rudeness.

<style>
.falgarlost b {color:#3D3D3D; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; }
.falgarlost {background-color:#ECEDE8; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/o08cpd.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.falgarlost .inner {margin:10px 10px 250px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC chatter goes here!

Ookami was patroling around close to the borders when he heard a small snap. He didn't think much of it, just a tree that couldn't support itself anymore and tumbled down. He continued walking when he heard a small voice. His ears flicked up and swivled towards the voice. He didn't quite recognize it but he could understand what they were saying, Kea.. Kea.. Ookami thought for a moment, if he remembered correctly, Kea was Falgar's companion bird. He listened again, now walking towards the noise. The voice sounded troubled. Ookami cocked his head, what had happened? He began a light but quick trot. He sniffed the air and then it was confirmed, Falgar had been the source of the voice. He turned his relaxed trot into a gentle lope and soon emerged from the brush. He saw another wolf, one he recognized as a Phenoix Valley member. He had not formally met him but he knew this wolf was Ty.

He dipped his head, "Hello I'm Ookami, you may not recognize me but if I am correct you are Ty?" He then turned his attention to Falgar. Ookami cocked his head, this was not something that he saw every day. Here Falgar was, tangled up in rope against a fallen tree. He held in a small chuckle, "Are you alright Falgar?" He got closer to him, examining his condition, he didn't know if he was going to be able to help him escape this.. situation. "H- How did this happen?" He held in another laugh as he further examined the rope and tree. He may be able to bite through the rope or cut it with his claws. "Would you like me to help?" He knew it was a silly question but he knew some wolves that would like to try to get out of a mess like this themselves, so Ookami found it a need to ask permission before helping first.

<style>
.ookamifall .of-ooc {font-style:italic; font-family: arial, serif; font-size:11px; }
.ookamifall p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.ookamifall b {color:#bb5a14; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.ookamifall {background-color:#f0f1ed; background-image:url(http://anna.sleepyglow.net/images/gifts ... tab3v2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:439px; text-align:justify; }
.ookamifall-border {width:441px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; }
.ookamifall .box {width:165px;height:290px; float: right;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

out of character text

The half-tailed ruffian's arms crossed patiently as he listened to the entangled wolf's ridiculous story, trying not to laugh the whole time through. This was certainly an inquisitive if not outright reckless wolf, sort of reminded Ty of himself at a younger age, when he was more curious about his surroundings. When Falgar finally finished the story, Ty had to process the chain of events before a big grin crossed his face. Wait wait, you tied the rope around the knife to pull the knife out of the tree?" He asked finally letting a laugh out. "You didn't think of just wiggling the knife out to get some leverage? How often do you use knives friend?"

However, Ty's conversation with the entangled wolf was interrupted when another wolf appeared onto the scene. He didn't recognize this wolf either, but he also smelled of Phoenix Valley, so he would give him the benefit of the doubt. The wolf spoke directly to Ty first, asking if he was indeed Ty, with a sniff and a smirk, Ty replied "Yep, I'm Ty, pleasure to meet you Ookami." When Ookami spoke to the entangled Falgar, it was obvious that he was friends with the trapped canine.

With a small sigh, Ty scratched the back of his head as he made one more surveying of the situation before saying to Ookami. "Well, he seems to be very tangled, if you can cut that rope there," He pointed at one of the ropes. "I will cut that rope, and he should be free." He then moved towards Falgar, brushing his claws against his forearm before asking Falgar. "Look, we are going to cut the ropes, you don't have a problem with that, do you?"

<style type="text/css">
.tysunset b {font-weight:bold; color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:1px; }
.tysunset .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.tysunset p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.tysunset {margin:0px auto; width:399px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/9vblmc.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 235px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#B8B8B8; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC: Short D=
WC: 300+

This was rather embarrassing. Here he was in the rather weird situation of being tied up on a tree with an unknown wolf almost breaking up his face in held in laughter. Falgar’s expression pulled into an exaggerated frown, not really being angry but really frustrated.

“Believe me sir, I tried it! I pulled and pulled and it wouldn’t budge. I know the rope was not a bright idea but I had to try it at least.”

He stopped for a moment to catch his breath, the rope’s oppression didn’t leave space for much on his lungs

“This is the first I find in good condition actually, must are rusted and unable to cut though anything”

and this was the moment he felt like the worst fool that ever walked the Earth. Falgar groaned as his head once again was laid against the wood, it seemed that his main purpose was to entertain anyway that was lucky, or unlucky depending on the case, enough to find him while exploring.

He didn’t even lift his head when a familiar scent reached his nose, not wanting to face way more embarrassment that he was already going through. When Ookami questioned him he simply answered

“It’s this damn dagger’s fault!”

It took him a while to notice he had just ignored every single thing he knew about manners. With an uneasy cough he raised his head to look at Ookami

“Oh forgive my rudeness. It’s just that this is so… frustrating. Don’t worry I am ok, just a bit out of air but thanks for worrying”

Falgar groaned lowly, he was just about to lose the rope, just when he thought he would run around somewhere to see how many uses he could find to it

“No, no do go ahead”

then he stiffened, eagerly waiting to once more being able to move and breathe freely. All the time he held the weapon’s hilt firmly, even though it had only caused him trouble until now he was not about to lose it, maybe he could even learn to use it later.

<style>
</style>[/html]