Switching characters?
Okay, forgive me if this is answered somewhere... If I have threads that I haven't yet replied to/haven't yet started, and I switch characters, can I keep those same threads/thread appointments, or do I have to get new ones? Also, what do I have to do to switch characters, period? I really wanna write, but I'm not feeling this character in particular. Again, forgive me if this is answered somewhere and I missed it, haha.
Once you drop a character, you can no longer post as that character at all (with the exception of within the LASKY forum, on dates before present day or in non-canonical threads). Dropping or switching characters is dependent on how many characters you have. If you drop a secondary, tertiary, etc. you will have to follow the procedures (found here) in order to pick up another one. If you drop your first character and have no other characters to play, you can rejoin with a new character immediately.

If you're dropping a character, you should PM your pack leader so they can remove you from the ranks, and can post here about the dropping itself (though I'm unsure if it's absolutely necessary so long as your leader knows).
Oh, I meant keep those threads but post in them with my new character, haha. But thank you!
If the other participants in those threads agree, then I don't see why not. Usually when a person drops a character we close all their threads, but you could request to keep them open or keep certain ones open.
If the thread is already in progress, it doesn't make much sense for one character to disappear and another to come in in the middle, does it? If the thread has not been replied to yet, it might make a bit more sense, though it is ultimately up to the people you're threading with to decide whether they're interested in the new character at all and how picky they are with timelines/dates. If a player has a spot in their timeline where they've assumed their character has interacted with yours, it wouldn't make necessarily sense for them to suddenly change that, even if the thread itself was never played out. I hope that makes sense.

Basically -- ask the people you're threading with what they think.
Oh, I wasn't thinking of doing that with threads I'd already replied to, just threads that had been started and I hadn't replied to yet. Thank you for the answers.
QUOTE (Schattenjäger @ Feb 1 2011, 01:34 PM)
Oh, I wasn't thinking of doing that with threads I'd already replied to, just threads that had been started and I hadn't replied to yet. Thank you for the answers. [/quote]
That should be fine! Smile Unless you had an intricate plot planned, I don't think your thread partners would mind too much. I'd just let them know you'll be replying with a different character than anticipated.
Okay, thank you! Big Grin