Beat the....cold
[html]

Sorry I took so long x_x

Cold…it was so very cold outside. Amisi shouldn’t have been out in the cold but she couldn’t help but explore around her new home. It was a big surprise when the storm hit and she found herself…somewhat lost among the flurry of white. She wasn’t going to freeze in the storm but it was really uncomfortable even if she was used to colder temperatures. The longer she stayed out in the snow, the more she began to wonder if she actually would freeze. “Snap out of it! You can make it through this snow…” She told herself, trotting onwards through the cold.

On and on she walked, sometimes without being able to see in front of her face. The storm blocked out the sun and everywhere in front of her vision was a wall of white. She had to frequently shake her body to dislodge some of the snow clinging to her fur, slowly but surely the cold was setting in and making her sluggish. As she walked onwards she slowly started to see a dot of color amongst the whiteness. At first it was only a fleeting red speck in the snow but the closer she got the more red she began to see. Soon she came upon a small house coated with snow but with the splashes of red poking out in random spots. As she studied the house she noticed that the red dots of color were actually plants that grew around the place. A particularly hard gust of wind reminded her that she needed to get out of the cold and she quickly began searching for a way inside of the place.

It took a while but she finally found the door leading into the house and wearily tried pushing against it. The door wouldn’t budge from her pushing though and remained shut. She gave a rather feeble growl at the door and tried pushing against it again, walking moving backwards a bit then running forward and slamming her shoulder into the door. She gave a small yelp of pain as her body made contact with the wood but the result was the same as before, the door remained shut. She walked away from the door and circled around the small but well built house in hopes of finding another way in. Her efforts were unrewarded however and she once again found herself in front of the unmoving evil door.

Maybe if she got help then she could open the door. That would mean she would have to go out in the cold from her…relatively not cold spot. At least the house blocked some of the snow. Calling for help was worth a shot though. With her mind made up she walked away from the house and into a small empty section of the snow covered field she was in. Giving her body another hard shake and taking a deep breath she tilted her head up to the sky and howled. She put a lot of energy into her howl since she needed it to carry through the storm to catch…hopefully, someone’s attention. She howled like that for a few moments before she ran out of breath. She turned and trotted back to the house, crouching in front of the door and curling up into a ball, making herself as small as she could in an attempt to dodge some of the snow.

<style>
.op-tbl .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.op-tbl p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.op-tbl b {color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.op-tbl {background-color:#48aebb; background-image:url(http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... ed-1-3.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#005660; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.op-tbl-border {width:400px; border:1px solid #ffffff; margin:0 auto;}
.op-tbl .inner { height:200px; overflow:auto; margin:10px 10px 280px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

This is going to have to be set to the time before he got hurt.
-wordcount-411-

Ookami was out in the storm, searching for a place to take shelter. He was loping towards... well nowhere, he was just running. He tripped and rolled in the snow, his head hitting the packed down snow hard. He groaned then his ears perked at a howl, he jumped up. His ears turned in the direction the howl was coming from. He ran towards it as fast as he could. Then it stopped. He stopped, looking around. Where was he suppossed to go now? He looked around, but couldn't see anything past the snow that fell around him. He tried to walk straight, but he didn't really no which way was straight. He ran though, he just ran, not sure if he changed direction. He was probably running in circles but he didn't care. The run sort of warmed his body but his muscles ached from powering through the snow. He began to see flashes of red. That's when he knew he was changing direction, it would start in front of him, then drift to the left. He stopped as soon as he caught the red dot. He trotted towads it, not letting it slide from his veiw again.

He finally made it to the building. He didn't examine much past the thought that it would be a good shelter. He made his way around it, circling it. He looked for a door but couldn't find one. He made it around to another side and what he saw was a wolf curled-up ball infront of a door, he cocked his head. Why wasn't she inside? He pushed away the thought and walked closer to her, "Hello.. I am Ookami.." He had yet to meet this wolf but he could smell Phoenix Valley on her. She had just joined.

Ookami looked at the door again and walked up to it, he pushed against it and it didn't move, Oh, that's why she's not inside. He looked around, trying to find another entrance, however the small fortress-like building didn't hold another one. He walked back over to the other wolf, sitting down a few feet away from her. He looked at her gently, studing her. Yet another friend to make? He didn't want to think about that now though, all he wanted to think about was him and her, finding away inside of the building that may or may not save them from the cold. Ookami wasn't going to take any chances though.

<style>
.ookamifall .of-ooc {font-style:italic; font-family: arial, serif; font-size:11px; }
.ookamifall p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.ookamifall b {color:#bb5a14; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.ookamifall {background-color:#f0f1ed; background-image:url(http://anna.sleepyglow.net/images/gifts ... tab3v2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:439px; text-align:justify; }
.ookamifall-border {width:441px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; }
.ookamifall .box {width:165px;height:290px; float: right;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

sounds good.

Amisi shivered in the cold and pretty much lost track with whatever was happening around her. She hardly even noticed how much time passed before help actually arrived since she was too busy trying to keep herself warm. When the help came and got her attention she forced herself to look up at the face of another wolf. She knew she hadn’t met this wolf before but it was too cold to worry about that kind of stuff. “Amisi…” She quietly spoke, slowly standing up and taking a breath before shaking the snow out of her fur once again.

She moved out of the way a bit as the other wolf went to examine the door. “It won’t open…I’ve tried getting in already” She muttered, not knowing if the other wolf had tried to get in or not. She slowly began walking around in a small circle, if she kept moving then she wouldn’t freeze to death. “I don’t think there’s another way into the place either…maybe if both of us pushed against the door together?” She asked, walking up towards the door then looking back at the bigger wolf. He certainly looked pretty strong but looks wouldn’t get the job done.

<style>

.op-tbl {background-color:#48aebb; background-image:url(http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... ed-1-3.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#005660; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }

.op-tbl .inner { height:200px; overflow:auto; margin:10px 10px 280px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}

</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC chatter goes here!

Ookami nodded his head when she spoke her name. He liked it. He watched her as she walked around and around in circles. He didn't think the door would open, even with her and his strength together he didn't think it would be enough. The door looked heavy and just by gently pushing on it Ookami could tell that it was not opening anytime soon. "Hmm.. I don't think it will work, we can try though."

He didn't know what to do. He wanted to get out of the cold but this door was not about to open. He looked around. There certanily wasn't another way in. He thought for a minute but still could come up with no ideas of how to get in. "Hhmp." He let out a let grunt of disappointment. "Me may have to find somewhere else to wait out the storm." He looked at her, waiting to see what she thought they should do.

<style>
.ookamifall .of-ooc {font-style:italic; font-family: arial, serif; font-size:11px; }
.ookamifall p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.ookamifall b {color:#bb5a14; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.ookamifall {background-color:#f0f1ed; background-image:url(http://anna.sleepyglow.net/images/gifts ... tab3v2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:439px; text-align:justify; }
.ookamifall-border {width:441px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; }
.ookamifall .box {width:165px;height:290px; float: right;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

“I think you’re right.” She mumbled, walking back over to the door and giving it one last halfhearted push. “I wonder why it won’t open…” She sighed, looking back at Ookami. “I’m new to the pack territory…so if we have to find someplace else for shelter then you have to lead the way…I’m sorry.” She said, hanging her head a bit and wishing she had taken the time earlier to explore. She walked away from the door and back towards the other wolf when a huge gust of wind picked up, sending a large flurry of snow blowing across the field.

Amisi shifted a bit, huddling down slightly into the snow covered ground as the strong gust of wind blew over. Her ears flicked slightly as the sound of cracking echoed, followed by a loud snap. She jumped pretty high when something crashed behind her, some tiles from the roof of the house falling into the snow. She skittered over to Ookami and turned around to look at the house. A tree behind the place had snapped from the snow storm and fallen right onto the roof of the house, breaking through it in the process.

<style>

</style>[/html]
ooc- sorry its short, my muse has a shortage.

He nodded at her words, "Well I have only been here for maybe.. a month. I have not explored that much soo I don't really know any other places." He thought for a moment, no areas came to mind. Ookami heard the loud crack and jumped away from the falling tree. He looked up at how the tree had smashed into the building, he grinned like a child, "Well.... Looks like it's our lucky day." He grinned and let out a small chuckle before he went to inspect the damage. It had made a hole in the building, not so big that the place would not prefide good shelter, but it was big enough for wolves to get through.

"Amisi, we can get in.!" He sniffed around it some more. He waited for Amisi to come and look, for her to decide if she thought they could get through. He believed they could, it would require a bit of climbing but he believed it was very du-able.
ooc: sorry for taking so long! also my muse is being really dumb. sorry.

[html]

She looked over at the tree that now formed a kind of ramp to the hole in the roof. It was a way to get inside the building but it didn't really look that safe. She looked over at Ookami, then went over to examine the tree, guessing that he would follow her. "Um...do you think it's safe? The tree could fall." She said, giving the tree an experimental prod with her paw, still looking at it a bit doubtfully. She didn’t know what she would rather do, test the tree to see if it worked and get shelter now, or not test it, be somewhat safe, and find shelter later, maybe.

She looked back over at Ookami then back at the tree. “You go first…” she told him, thinking that he would be better off. If he fell…he could recover. Guys were supposed to be strong like that anyway. “I’m sure you’ll be fine!” She continued, trying to sound somewhat confident in the male. As the wind and snow picked up again she huddled slightly against the ground, the sooner they got into this place, or started looking for another shelter, the better.

[/html]

ooc- AAAHHHH I AM SOOOO SORRY! I COMPLETLY FORGOT ABOUT THIS.! and my muse is trying to spark up... I have a tummyache! xD

He nodded, "I am pretty sure that it is safe. It seems sturdy enough. I guess I'll see when I get more towards the top." He let a goofy grin spread across his face. He waited for a moment, hoping that it would be safe. He didn't want to get hurt as soon as he was starting to get back into shape. He smiled at her and watched her for a moment.

She told him to go first and he couldn't help but let out a chuckle. "I hope your right." He grinned again and began to steadily walk up the steep slope that was the tree. He got to the middle and the tree groaned and creeked. Ookami stopped short, ready to jump off the tree should it start to break. It quieted though and he continued walking. When he made it to the top he looked down at her. "Come on up! I am quite sure I weigh more than you so you should be absolutely perfect to walk on the tree." He smiled and stood there, not wanting to go inside the building until Amisi was up there with him. He didn't want her to get hurt and for him to not be able to get out of the fortress quick enough.
ooc- Sorry for not posting x_x'...I'll have a normal posting schedule...thing...tomorrow for sure! This will not be happening again.

[html]

She watched as the male began to climb the tree, stiffening up a bit once it creaked slightly. She was about to step forward and at least attempt to help him if he fell but was relieved when he didn’t, making it up to the top in once piece. “If you say so.” She said at his last comment, smiling softly before getting serious quickly afterwards. Slowly she stepped up onto the fallen tree, carefully making her way up towards the roof. She froze for a second as the tree began to creek again, refusing to move until it stopped. The creaking only lasted for a few seconds and Amisi quickly scuttled up the rest of the way, bumping slightly into the other wolf. “Sorry…” she said, scooting over on top of the roof and looking down the ruined hole and into the house.

There were various pieces of furniture covered in dust, some covered in the vines that surrounded the outside of the place. She tried to move forward and get a better look at the inside of the house when her paw slipped on the snow-covered tile and with a surprised yelp went tumbling down into the building. She landed ontop of wooden table and crashed through the ancient piece rather easily, grunting loudly as she hit the ground and laid there motionless for a while.

[/html]

He smiled as he stepped aside slightly, leaving enough room for her to pass through. As soon as she fell Ookami burst into action. He jumped down inside of the building, careful not to land on Amisi. He nuzzled her, seeing if she was consious. He wouldn't try to move her, he knew that moving someone who had hit their head was bad. And at the moment he was unsure what kind of injuries she had recieved. He looked around for something that he could use as medical use, but didn't know what he could do. He wasn't a trained medic or anything. "Amisi.. Amisi are you awake? Are you hurt? Where are you hurt?" He asked several questions, begininng to slightly panick he willed himself to calm down, taking a couple deep breaths.
[html]

She groaned softly as she lay amongst the ruined table, shifting a bit from the other wolf’s worried nuzzling and questions. She tried to stand up but only slumped against the ground again, whining softly as her left leg throbbed painfully. She gritted her teeth and tried to stand again, awkwardly trying to keep some of the pressure off of her left leg. Her other limbs were sore but not in any pain and she slowly limped away from the ruined table. She whined softly as she set her leg on the ground, a slight sting traveling up the limb. She looked over at the over wolf then up at the hole in the roof. “I…..fell….” She stated rather lamely, looking down at the ground. “My leg hurts but it doesn’t feel like it’s broken….just painful.” She added, looking back up Ookami. “I’m sorry. I should have been more careful.” She mumbled, head bowed down submissively, not wanting to get the other wolf angry over her mistake.
[/html]
He nodded his head, "Is it okay?" He stepped back a little, giving her room to move around, ready to spring forward for support, should she need it. He shook his head, "No need to apologize, everyone has accidents." He gave a smile. Mostly everyone acted this way to him, submissive and scared that he would become angry. He knew it was probably because of his size, or maybe even just the fact that he was male. Either way, once people came to know him, they usually realized that he doesn't usually get angry and that he was kind.