my sunshine
[html]
3+

It was an understatement to say that Talitha was surprised by Caillen's easy acceptance of her secret. Indeed, as the words flowed freely, he didn't turn her away. Instead, he reached for her, and against her better judgment, she returned to his warmth. Her arms found his chest, wrapping around the muscled torso comfortably and turning her crimson gaze to his face. The handsome wolfdog didn't offer her any sort of calm, but his baritone voice left her feeling relieved. Her choice hadn't been a poor one. She hadn't frightened him away. Ezekiel wasn't the only male she could connect with.

He didn't care who her family was, or that she was born of demon blood and murderer's earth. She was Talitha, and her parentage mattered little. Her blood mattered little. "Blood is only as thick as you allow it to be." She allowed it to rule over her world with an iron grasp. Not the Lykoi blood, per say, but her de le Poer heritage. She was the daughter of Gabriel, sister of Ezekiel. A Lykoi in name only, born to Inferni under the guise of a de le Poer. Her brother took the coveted name, leaving his sister envious.

But a name was simply a name. It was what built up the being that mattered, and her flesh and blood belonged to Gabriel and Faolin. Caillen was right. Blood was only as important as she allowed it to be.

She offered a smile, one that rose on her mouth but not into her hyper-expressive eyes. "Maybe you could come home with me." The words lingered between a serious tone and one that indicated she was joking. The lone male had been the first creature she had connected with outside of family, and though he was clearly a wolf, she felt so certain that she could grow to need him like she needed her brother or needed Inferni.

[/html]
[html]

table © Sie

Caillen was rewarded for his poetic words. The Fae returned to his grasp, slotting her soft body against his own, and the large wolfdog allowed his arms to settled loosely about her waist. Oh, what scandal! A princess of Inferni, and a no-good wolf-blooded twat! The world would not approve - The world had never approved of Caillen Winters. He had had his fair share of women, each as lovely as the next; So too had his heart experienced its fair share of pain, for he was not a player in the art of seduction, and each emotion was genuine and real. He had fallen in love countless times, enough that his heart was a thoroughly erratic muscle, beating unevenly to the feel of her cool palms against his chest.

His flirtation with the women of Inferni had been frequent. There had been the tawny female with the golden eyes, for whom he had gathered firewood, and of course the ebony-pelted jackal, whose kindness he wore in the navy scarf about his throat. Talitha was unlike either of them - She was old enough to be his mother, but young enough to be his lover, and she was a whole new kind of damaged. Her very polluted soul intoxicated him. Love, again? Could his heart be so fickle? Her smile lit up his insides like festive fireworks. Yes, of course it could.

Her words, however, allowed the male's big wolfish smile to slip slightly. Was she speaking in jest? If not, it was a crazy idea. When he had befriended Sepirah, the male had been made fully aware by her actions that were she to be caught in his presence, the consequences could be severe. Perhaps Talitha was joking - It was so difficult to tell, and he was so taken by the exotic beauty of her face that clear thinking was not easily achieved. "What, and hae your kin eat me fer dinner?" The rumble of his words was also offered mirthfully, but by now there was a half-serious note to both of the Luperci, and Cai was regarding the winsome creature in his arms with curious ice-blue eyes.

<style>
.cail-d04 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.cail-d04 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.cail-d04 b {color:#1A232D; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.cail-d04 {background-color:#C4CBD3; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/_caillen.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4A535E; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:203px 0px 10px 0px; }
.cail-d04-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
3+ Figured we could wrap this up, since new plot thingies will be comin' up. It's safe to assume she'll have tried to see him between the time of this thread and now, though whether or not she finds him is up to you, since he's your character. <3 After Ezekiel tells her about Elvy&Eli, and after she flips out on Gabe, she'll go looking for Caillen for some comfort. DRAMAZ! Ilu.

Everything seemed to be falling into place for the russet princess. Not once since her childhood had she found someone who left her so comfortable as Caillen did; nestled against his softer fur, color returned to the gray shapes of the world. Her crimson eyes surveyed his features with cool recognition, washed away quickly by a warmth she hadn't experienced outside of her family. Love? No. She was unsure if she even loved the family that had cared for her, but it was something more than simple infatuation. His presence warmed her in ways no one else did.

Her suggestion seemed to be a joke to the giant wolfdog, and his mirthful response left her spirits low. Of course, he was right. It had been foolish to think she would simply be able to waltz into Inferni with the wolf in tow and be accepted. Even if she could make Gabriel understand, the rest of the kingdom would rage in silence. What a scandal that would be. The Aquila's daughter, caring so deeply for the enemy. The situation seemed grim each second she thought of it. How could she have been so foolish?

A shadow passed over her eyes, gazing toward the home she loved. "Right, yes. Silly of me," she whispered. A delicate finger wrapped auburn curls in tight circles as she thought of what to do next. "I apologize, but I should go. Before someone comes looking for me." It wasn't true; she didn't need to leave. She just wanted to end future suffering before it began. The charming Romeo she'd come across couldn't be a victim of her life, not like the family she apologized for and to. She wouldn't allow it. Careful not to disrupt the delicate air that'd settled around them, she pulled herself from his arms once more. It was time to make her departure. "I'm sorry. Maybe you can come see me sometime," she offered. She didn't expect to see him again. The very thought left her wondering if she shouldn't just run away again, but she knew that she couldn't.

"Or I can come find you. It was...wonderful to meet you, dear prince." The words left her lips as she took steps away from him. She was still famished, but it was best to end the charade then, just as she felt it starting.

[/html]
[html]

Last posts? You could post again if you wanted, or we could wrap it up here. Either way, I require another thread with you ASAP. A sexy thread preferrably >> Big Grin

It seemed that his jesting tone was lost on them both, for once more the goddess in his arms became sullen and vague, her hands deviating from his own warm flesh to twine in the delightful locks of auburn that merrily framed her face. For such a saddened creature, she had been crafted so finely - Where had Dea gone wrong in creating her? Perhaps Talitha had been born with a broken heart. Caillen felt pained for her, his ivy blue eyes tranquil and saddened to feel her mentally and physically retreat from him.

Her apology settled a dampened cloak of disappointment over him - a dismal weight to which the male was firmly adjusted. Even after having met her only this day, she enticed him with her presence alone, such that the thought of continuing the rest of his life without it was incomparable. It was his compulsion to lock her within strong, capable arms, to hold her tightly until she didn't want to leave him any longer - But Caillen was not a barbarian, and never had been, and when the woman pulled free of his grasp he allowed her to. Slowly, his fingers trailed down the lengths of her arms, lingering, willing her back, until the tips grazed final fur and an empty air settled between them once more.

The young man was hungry for her - Body and mind craved the Lykoi woman. But she had dominion over him, and the giant Wolfdog would not object to her wishes. The irrational urge to plead with her, to bed that she stay with him, flitted uncomfortably close to his tongue; Caillen was good at controlling his urges, and so remained his silence. The mountain would swallow his sanity if he was left alone in it too long, and she had been a life-rope, an island to his wandering soul.

She offered a final parting, and his aching gaze followed her turning features. "Talitha-" The name bubbled from within him, and crumbling to the urge, Caillen took a step towards her - Would he be so insane as to follow her back? The loneliness, it ate at his rationality... But no, not today. Feet remained planted now. "- I will wait for ye. I will always be waiting for ye." And with that, he allowed her to depart, leaving him alone to the white world of silence.

<style>
.cail-d04 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.cail-d04 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.cail-d04 b {color:#1A232D; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.cail-d04 {background-color:#C4CBD3; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/_caillen.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4A535E; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:203px 0px 10px 0px; }
.cail-d04-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]