In Safety's Grip
[html]<style type="text/css">
.alltable { border:1px solid #E02842;background-image:url(http://i43.tinypic.com/124egwj.jpg);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;width:450px;background-color:#D6BD9F;text-align:justify;font-family:georgia;font-size:0.95em; line-height:1.4em;color:#493131; margin: 0 auto }
.boxxy { padding:10px 10px 180px 10px;}
.boxxy p {margin: 0; text-indent:30px; }
.boxxy b {color:#000;}</style>

It was the most hectic series of events to have ever occurred to her. It was still distressing to her to feel as though she should have left the horses out, then all of them would be alive...not just two..the two who had just vanished now..who's to say they were still alive? Granted they had blankets on, but the cold was so blistering, they surely froze to death, she was convinced of it. There was nothing she could do though..nothing, as she sat in her home huddled in front of the fireplace, a blanket flung over her shoulders as she stared quietly into the fire. Her arm was wrapped, carefully attended to by Falgar, a very kind canine, and she had yet to properly thank him. Her eyes moved to her left, to gaze out her window, she would have to wait for the weather to get better before she would dream of trying to find him. She hoped he was safe tonight...she hoped he would be safe throughout the storm...

Her vision returned to the flames the licked the walls of the fireplace. She loved fire..something about it seemed so lively, so vibrant. Her mind was lost in the calming, and warming flames. Her home was dimly lite up by various kerosene lamps that lite the window seals. She hoped the lamps would warm any cold air that dared to evade..it was an odd thought, but it never hurt to try. A motto she recently made up within her mind to try and cause positive thinking within herself.

Ookami was here, within her home, and she tried to be quiet, knowing he was probably still sleeping. She felt good to be home, and she hoped he wasn't judging her lifestyle, or the fact that she loved her stuffed animal, the object of her childhood. Red Dog, she called him. Though the stuffed animal wasn't entirely red by any means. Only his floppy ears and his little stubby tail. The dog almost reminded her of a comic strip character she had seen once..snoopy...she thought was the name..but Snoopy had black ears and black tail..plus a black spot on his back. Red dog didn't have a spot on his back..and his nose was once red, but she ripped it off when she was younger...she was disappointed at the fact she ruined his nose..but it was just red leathery material over a cute black nose. He was a little worn, but overall, very well cared for. He wasn't far from her when she was home, especially now that she was feeling insecure and upset. He was safely held beneath the blanket close to her chest, nestled comfortably between her bosoms with her good arm, but gingerly supported with her bad arm.

She was just quietly thinking, her eyes reflecting her deep thought, as she absently stared into the licking flames..

[/html]
Ookami woke up, remembering where he was. He was in Adonia's cabin. He smiled, he loved being in her presence. He watched her gently, keeping quiet. He went over in his mind what had happened. First he had been hurt in Eagle Tower when it collapsed, a dislocated ankle and several small wounds from falling bricks. His ankle was still sore but he didn't know why, maybe it was just from the dislocation. Then 24 hours later he was looking for some other shelter when he had smelt Adonia. He rushed after her, only to find her under the roof of the stable. He pulled everything up and found her with her arm basically snapped in half. He had freaked out but stayed as calm as he could. Now here he was, trying to heal with the wolf that he was probably in love with. He smiled, remembering the day they played like small pups and shared their feelings with each other.

He finally decided to speak, "Hey." His voice came out raspy at first and he cleared his throat. He had a pretty bad headache but didn't really care, talking to Adonia would make it fade away. He readjusted himself where he was laying and crawled a little closer to Adonia, until he was right next to her. He stared into the fire with her. Watching the flames play and taunt him. His mind seemed to go blank for a minute before he snapped out of it and focuased his attention back onto Adonia. He smiled at her, then wondered if she was okay. He nuzzled her gently, "You okay?" He had seen the dead horses the day she was hurt and knew that she probably blamed herself for it.
[html]

Thank you for your patience -snugs-

She held onto her stuffed animal like it was the only thing keeping her alive, the only thing that was there to comfort and keep her safe. This was until she heard the voice of a special male, a male she was fast coming to love, but, still fear gripped her. Anxiety that wouldn't let up kept gnawing at her mind like a disease. Her ears flicked forward in an intense alertness, then pivoted back to face the source, her neck twisted and her kind soft orbs met his in an innocent affection. His question echoed in her mind, 'are you okay?' It wasn't the exact phrase but a phrase that repeated over and over. Was she okay? Was she? So much went through her mind. So many times she was hurt, both physically and emotionally, but never had she broken a bone and then had so many come aid her. She felt pathetic, she felt lost. Her ears went back in shame, and her head lowered, 'I'm sorry, Ookami....I don't mean to be a burden..."It was then she gripped onto her 'red doggy' her head buried down in it. How awful of her, she felt like she should just crawl up beneath her bed and never come out.

So much swam through her mind, and she didn't know where to go with it, what to do. So all she could do was sit there and hold her stuffed animal like it was her life line. Tears welded up, but she kept them back, forced them away like everything else.

<style>
.adonia-a01 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.adonia-a01 b {color:#A3BED8;}
.adonia-a01-separator {text-align:center; padding:0px; margin:5px 0px; border-styleConfusedolid none solid none; border-color:#000000; border-width:1px; border-size:1px;}
.adonia-a01-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.adonia-a01 {background-color:#0B1D2E; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010apr/adoniabg.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4A6073; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:347px; margin:0 auto; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
Ookami looked at the fire then at Adonia when she started to speak. He cocked his head, he didn't understand. How had she been a burden to him? "Adonia.. You could never be a burden to me.. I care about you and want to be with you.. I want to help you when you need it. I could never even imagen you being a burden." He smiled gently, glad he spoke what was on his mind. He looked away, slightly embarresed. He took a deep breath and let it out slowly. Adonia buried her head down and he cocked his head. She was so shy. He grinned, he loved the way she was and hoped that she understood how much he cared about her. He was falling for her fast and he didn't think his feelings were ever going to stop growing.

He waited to see what Adonia's response to his comment was. Would she be embarresed or say something about how she felt about him back? Either way he didn't care. He was glad to have his feelings out there. He sighed again, pulling his leg up towards him so he could gently lick it. He still didn't know what had happened to it. He wondered if it would ever heal. He remembered Adonia's injury and let the scared thought fade away, her's was worse, he had no reason to be worried about his injury.
Adonia couldn't believe the words she heard from Ookami and her eyes glanced over to him, and she huggled her red doggy more. A light smile came to her muzzle, "Really?" She smiled more and she licked her nose in a slightly nervous manner. "..I...I really like you too, and maybe..maybe we could..spend a little more time together? I would like it..." She wanted to be courted by him, she didn't know exactly why she felt so happy around him, and yet she felt like she was tripping everytime. Her stomach filled with a fluttering feeling, a feeling she couldn't understand. She was falling in love with Ookami, but she feared it, she feared being so vulnerable around him. A light sniffle came from her, like she was about to cry and yet all she could do right now was smile. Her arm hurt but she was able to fix it up after she drank a few bottles of wine she kept around and finally they had been put to good use. She sewed up the hole in her arm after forcing the bone back into place. She wasn't sure if she would loose it, but she knew she wouldn't let it get infected. The bottle of rubbing alcohol came in use for that.

The bottles of wine were laying in no particular arrangement in front of the fireplace, and the bottle of rubbing alcohol was next to her. Her eyes looked to all of them, then her eyes looked back to Ookami. "...but..why do you like me so much?" She finally mustered the guts to ask why, she wanted to feed her own curiosity as to why he liked her and not any other female. Surely, there were much better females than her to want to court, as it seemed Ookami was in fact courting her.
Ookami smiled, happy with her reply. He grinned, "Yes, I would like that." He nuzzled her cheek, ever so gently with the tip of his nose.. He smiled, glad Adonia was in his life, he couldn't imagen life without her. Even if she hadn't spoken of the feelings she shared with him, he was still happy to have her as a friend. When she had stated that she liked him too, it made his heart skip a beat, something that only happened when he was scared. But this was a different kind of skip, it was one mingled with fright and wonder, and also feelings, strong strong feelings.

Her question surprised him, he thought, why wouldn't he like her? He took a breath, and looked at her. "I like you.. because your beautiful and smart and nice. Your sweet and kind… I just love everything about you… The shy faces that you make, the feeling I get when I see you..” He grinned at her, ”I love you.. for you.”
Her eyes were wiped away with the floppy red ear of her stuffed doggy. She was an adult, but mentally she still felt like a puppy, a defenseless confused pup. When her eyes moved to look back toward him, she took in his nose as it came forward to gently touch her cheek. Her tail gave a light wag and she blushed a little as her mind registered his words. He too would like more time with one another. Her chest felt a weight, a heavy weight that no matter how big of a gulp she took, air just wouldn't fill her lungs enough to lift away the weight.

Ookami had more to say, more to answer, and when he did, the words were suddenly twisted to love. He didn't just like her a lot...Ookami..he..he loved her. Adonia suddenly felt a chill run over her body, but it wasn't really cold, if anything it was hot, and the fire ensured that. Her ears went back and she tried to process all of this. She tried to search her feelings. Every word mattered now, every reaction mattered more. She wanted to shift forms, she wanted to play around Ookami and lick his cheek to tell him, she too..just may be in love with him, but the feelings were so strong and unfamiliar they scared her. She feared love. The strong emotion had high risks of pain and she wasn't a stranger to abandonment and pain.

Her head bowed and she looked over to Ookami, "I..I think I love you too...I'm..I'm just nervous...and would like to take everything slowly..if---if that is okay with you..Ookami.." Her eyes lowered when she spoke, then when she finished and said his name, her eyes looked up and met into his, hoping to read his mind.
He didn't realized he had said that he loved her until it was already out. He bit his tounge, hoping that those words weren't the wrong ones. He wasn't exactly thinking about it when he said that he loved her. He was just saying what he felt. He didn't want to lie by not saying he loved her. But he was scared that he would scare her.

I think I love you...I'm just nervous and would like to take everything slowly. If that was okay with him... Of course it was okay with him. The words she spoke of first, even if she just thought she did, they made him exstatic. His tail thumped lightly and his ears perked. "Of course." He bit his tounge from saying more. He thought that if he spoke any more, words that would probably frighten her would spill out of his mouth. He lay his head on the ground, looking at her gently. He was at a loss for words... what could he say? He decided that no words would be the best at the moment. He smiled at her gently, thinking about the words she had spoken over and over again.