turn on the light just to make shadows.
[html]

http://avatars.ourdarkarts.net/souls/ot ... bottom.jpg) no-repeat; background-position: center bottom; width: 400px;" align="center">

'I give thee welcome, Pilot Haddon.' Lubomir had figured that something terrible had happened, but he never would have thought that a fire could destroy a place the way he'd seen it destroyed. It felt savage and wild and just a bit threatening, just a bit scary, that something could be erased this easily. He realised they must have had casualties. A great sadness swept over him. Certainly they would understand his loss. He turned slightly towards the yellow wolf. 'I give thee welcome too. And great thanks for your offer. It would be my greatest pleasure to join your ranks. I have been far too long without a pack.

Lubomir might have sounded old-fashioned, but his views certainly weren't. Yes, he needed a pack and he would always enjoy reclaiming his spot as Bard, but he wasn't going to go out of his way about it. Fortunately, this pack seemed easy-going enough.

'In my old pack, I was Bard. I do not wish in any way to go around your rules, I simply hope there is a place for me in your ranks. What are the rules here, Pilot Haddon?'

[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the wait guys >.<

Skoll nodded at Lubomir's acknowledgement. He had very to say in this matter...Pilot had spoken with Tayui, and knew best what the both of them wanted. They would need more able-bodied wolves to be taken seriously, this much he knew, so Lubomir met his criteria quite easily. Hopefully a system vaguely similar to what had existed before would reassert itself over the new congregations. In many landscapes he'd seen along his travels, larger packs often bumped others off of their territory...not necessarily attacking them to do so, but simply encroached, with the full knowledge that the rival group was too small to protest. The Bleeding Souls he had known had relatively little expansionism, the lands had always been so furtile that there had been no need for it. He knew that territory meant survival where he had grown up. It had taken him a long time to get used to the way they did things in a place as brimming with life as Bleeding Souls.

"I'm Skoll," he said as the introductions started flying. There really wasn't much else to say. If Pilot was a leader and Lubomir was going to be a story-teller...a position which Skoll might go out for if he didn't already have existing duties--it was obvious why he was around. Comparatively, being a fighter could be seen as rather low. One a leader, the other a teacher and retainer of history, and a thug? Anyone who knew the gold-furred wolf knew he was no thug, though. His professionalism and dedication, both to the people he fought for and to bettering himself as a fighter, set him apart from the standard.

~The lyrics are from the best song ever written.
[/html]
[html]
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... rtxela.jpg); background-position: center center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Pilot was glad to see that this new wolf, Lubomir, was interested in Shadowed Sun. It would be nice to fill up the ranks and start making this place feel like home. So far, he figured they were doing pretty well. After they settled down and figured everything out, Pilot was sure Shadowed Sun would be a lovely place to live with intelligent wolves to speak with. All in all, he was very excited.

"Well then, I would love to offer you to join Shadowed Sun as Periokoi. That is our rank which is similar to a subordinate, also the rank all newcomers to the pack receive. Every member has the chance to move up in the ranks based on their pack activity and loyalty. Likewise, members equally have the potential to be demoted. We’re a pack founded on learning, so we’d hope all members would adhere to that idea."

"You mentioned you were Bard in your last pack? Well, we have co-ranks within Shadowed Sun as well. These co-ranks are awarded by demonstrating your affinity towards the talent. In that way, each member can move in ranks politically and skills-wise."
He turned to Skoll and offered a reassuring grin. He hoped they would be adding another to their ranks.

[/html]
[html]

http://avatars.ourdarkarts.net/souls/ot ... bottom.jpg) no-repeat; background-position: center bottom; width: 400px;" align="center">

Lubomir had to try very hard not so suddenly lionize Pilot. The wolf certainly was the leader, but Lubomir wished to cause no offence by ignoring Skoll for the white wolf. He listened carefully and even smiled slightly. Yes, this was certainly what he needed. A pack of scholar wolves, devoted to teaching, to preserving the records of the past, to passing on the stories, the myths, the legends, the little bits of knowledge that every generation needed in order to survive. In his old pack, knowledge had been only a medium to channel stories through and Lubomir had been Bard by virtue of his lack of patrol and hunting skills. But, of course, he couldn't very well blurt this out now.

'Skoll, I greet thee also. I thank you for accepting me into your pack. Please allow me to aid you in any way I can. I am a newcomer to these lands, yes, but I will try to employ my skills as best I can. I saw part of the pack heading off. Are we meant to hunt for the night meal?' Lubomir was weary of hunting. He knew his skills were not the best, but he was willing to give it his best. There would be no point otherwise. No pack would excuse his lack willingness to even try. 'I would like to prove myself to you all.'

It wasn't much... but it was a start.

[/html]

OOC: Uni ate my life. Sorry for the delay. -_-
[html]

Let's assume that it takes him between two and four minutes to shift?

"Actually, we're only exploring for today, but I wouldn't mind scrounging around for something to eat," Skoll said after a moment. He looked down at his shifted form. He wouldn't be able to hunt effectively like this, his bow had burned up in the flames of the valley. His old wound--however slowly--was getting better, though. He felt like he could hunt without feeling too much pain, provided he was smart and didn't let whatever his prey happened to be draw out the chase.

"Give me a moment to get all four legs under me, and then we can explore, eat, and do whatever else needs to be done." With that, he pulled all of his gear from around his waiste: the small wooden shield, his synthetic human pack, his hide kilt which served as a rough belt; he began the shift downward. He was fast and sure in the changes, he had been a shifting for over six years, often in situations where speed had been critical. The discussion would continue while his thumbs receded and his foramen magnum slid to further back along his skull, all while his size receded quickly and he started to become what could still be considered a relatively large, but thin, four-legged animal.

~The lyrics are from the best song ever written.
[/html]
[html]

http://avatars.ourdarkarts.net/souls/ot ... scroll.gif); background-position: center center; background-repeat: no-repeat; padding-top: 35px; padding-bottom: 35px;">

"We’ll probably have a pack hunt sooner or later, after everything gets settled down. Like Skoll said, we’re only really doing some exploring tonight." He watched as Skoll stripped his possessions so that he could accompany them on four legs. He noticed the wound and wondered, had he read enough on medicines so that he might aid Skoll? The herbs Naniko had given them had been left in the large cavern Storm had called home for awhile. He doubted the fire would have ravaged its contents, but surely there was no way of retrieving those medicines. Pilot, after they settled down, would have to try to start growing and collecting his own. He had read about gardening and figured he would create a small area where they could cultivate their own medicinal herbs.

"Some food could do us all some good, though. We can keep an eye out for something while we finish marking the borders." He gave Lubomir a reassuring nod, glad to see that already he was eager to please. Of course, Pilot had never been one to see himself as higher than anyone even when he was a leader – he viewed all the members as equals, despite their ranks. He figured it was only natural, considering he had been raised devoid of them.

As Skoll came to finishing his transition, Pilot’s mind rested on the wound once more. He hadn't mentioned it so far, but Pilot could tell it mustn’t be too comfortable. I could make you something to ease the pain," he told Skoll as the warrior’s size began to recede. "I’d imagine it’s not easy to hunt."

[/html]
[html]

Sorry. College finals got in the way, Sad Gradded from class so now I am back.

<style="color:#768894">Coming in at a swift pace, carrying her newly carved flute and her tools, she came in with ease to the lands where Pilot and the other Alpha were waiting. She sat down amongst the others. I Pilot, join your side and aim to protect this pack with my life. she said as she put a hand to her forehead in a salute like fashion. She smiled as she saw the others before her. So many members. It was good to see them joining together as one.

[/html]
[html]

Lubomir nodded gravely. And then in amazement watched Skoll transform. Being Luperci in a Luperci pack, Lubomir was certainly familiar with the process. What shocked him was the size of Skoll and the scars, now that he really had a good look at him. Perhaps he'd missed it, or he'd assumed Skoll was always shifted (he'd met a few on the way to know it wasn't that unusual a thing), but finally seeing him shocked him. He remembered old One-Eye and he certainly was a formidable male. Looking at Skoll and remembering the old Alpha, Lubomir had to admit to himself that perhaps in a fight they would be evenly matched.

What had really caught his eye, though, was the old wound. Lubomir had little knowledge of herbs, his sister had been the one for that, but a quick glance back to Pilot showed him enough to realise the white wolf might be able to heal Skoll. It made Lubomir feel better, in a way. Although he knew little about the pack, he could see some strong ties here. Unity was always key in pack survival.

Pilot's comment about hunting reminded Lubomir of his hunger. Although he was certainly hungry, he had no desire to interfere and try to push anyone around. It felt silly, disrespectful and above all else, an idiotic move. He'd only just been accepted in the pack, the last thing he wanted was to be demoted to Omega or whatever the term was here. Hunting was certainly not one of his strong points. Lubomir was good at scouting prey and maybe pushing them to a side or something ridiculous like that, but he could not run or take down big game. He knew, in his heart, that the only reason the pack had kept him was because he was related to Frigg. No sane Luperci would trade a good meal for a story. Unless they were desperate and even then Lubomir doubted it. After all, most wolves thought through their stomach and the promise of the next meal, not some ethereal knowledge they might or might not gain.

'It seems a very wise idea. We ought to make our presence known and I trust that the entire pack would like to join in a hunt. I believe we bring such different traits to Shadowed Sun, a hunt can only emphasise it.' Although eloquent, Lubomir was by no means convinced of his own words. Truth be told, he was slightly worried. If they found out, would they kick him out? Would he be forced to move to different lands? He was about to open his mouth to suggest moving on when a female bounded up to them and saluted Pilot. Lubomir was startled and his eyes widened slightly. She was boisterous, a bit over-the-top but slightly enjoyable. He found himself sniggering and quickly turned it into a cough. He wouldn't want them thinking he was laughing at her.

'My lady, I am Lubomir Varg, possibly the newest addition to your pack.' He solemnly placed a paw on his chest. 'I am pleased to meet your acquaintance. Will you too join us in scouting the lands?' Lubomir caught Pilot's gaze, hoping he had not gone too far. In fact, he was eager to see what Shadowed Sun looked like from the inside.

OOC: 555 words. I got carried away. 0_o Please feel free to ignore the ramblings XD

[/html]