the sound of silence
[html]

Artemis is in a coma, so this should be an interesting thread for you! For one or two people to visit her, to talk to her or tell her a story. If two people come, maybe have a conversation about her or something? An interesting thread to test writing abilities, I guess, lol. Italics are her dream world. Dated to the 4th, before the storm.

The young silver girl had fallen weeks ago and her lithe, athletic frame was growing smaller and smaller. Though her sisters had tried to wake her, nothing the two medically-able women had done had worked. The members of her family had done all that they could to feed her in the ways that they could with liquid, but it simply was not working as well as they wished it would. The girl with the fiery spirit and the passion for adventure had fallen into a sleep she could not wake from, and it seemed as though nothing was going to be able to wake her. Efforts had been made to no avail.

Artemis was missing so much by being in this endless sleep. She did not know that Denali was gone, though it would break her heart when she finally learned of the news, if and when she ever woke from the sleep she was fallen into when she had crashed down from the roof of the mansion. The girl slept on, small frame shrinking with each passing day, wavy mane growing limp as she slept on. Behind closed lids, soft blue eyes saw nothing. The young Marino did not see those that came to visit her, and she did not know anything of the sacrifices her family was making because of her reckless nature and her carelessness.

<style type="text/css">
.missarough b {font-weight:bold; color:#FFFF90; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.missarough-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:center; }
.missarough p {text-indent:15px; padding:3px 10px; margin:0px;}
.missarough {margin:0 auto; width:340px; background-color:#51432A; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... tumble.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #4A402D; padding: 10px 0px 210px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#B1A8A8; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
OOC: sorry for the lack of table..I'll probably edit it to have one later XD Just wanted my butt in here A.S.A.P

Aro Marino hadn't been there for the accident, but it still affected him. He was worried about his little cousin since she hadn't awaken yet. He came to room and looked at her small frame. She looked so fragile, and her body was getting smaller and smaller with each passing day. Was she going to die? He swallowed hard at the thought. His aunt would be devastated. He let out a sigh, and sat down, he licked his lips some as he looked down in his hand. He held a guitar, it was an acoustic. Something he had picked up from a recent travel to Halifax. He had been reading a book on how to play, and even though she was sleeping beauty right now, he began to think..maybe..just maybe it would be something soothing to hear. Could she hear? He wasn't sure, but it was worth a try.

He sat down scooting the chair closer to her, but at a respectable distance. He rested the body of the guitar on his leg, then moved it so the elegant groove held upper right arm, the other groove resting on his leg. He looked down at the neck, licking his lip some while his left hand aligned, then his fingers tried to find each cord. His right wrist turn toward his body, letting his nails run down the cords testing the tuning of his instrument. He adjusted the pitch with his left hand until it was just right. Then a let a small smile come to his muzzle, then his bright blue eyes looked up looking to the laying frame of Artemis, "..now..let's see what song should I play for you...unfortunately...I don't know many..but..I think you'd appreciate some Eric Clapton...apparently he was a famous human guitarist..let's see..which one do I know best.." He thought about a few that came in mind, but 'Layla' stuck out. A large grin came to his face, "...I think I may try and sing too..now..don't judge me...I'm not the best singer, so don't laugh at me.." He then looked down to his guitar and began to hit each note, a few little rough, but he would continue playing correcting his bad notes, then carrying on. He worked the lyrics in his mind making sure he knew them well. Of course he did, the Marino male had too much free time, and had gone through all of Eric Clapton all this month, so of course he knew the lyrics like he knew the stars.

He began to sing, his voice just as rough as his playing, but he sang so softly he was able to overcome the roughness of his voice. His eyes closing some, now that he was comfortable with the grip of the neck on the guitar. His foot tapping all the while playing and singing for the sleeping Marino before him.
[html]

Thank you for joining! ♥ I've wanted a thread with these two for a while~ We'll need to have one where she's not in a coma, too, lol.

Though the girl remained sleeping peacefully, no signs of her inner distress, there had been images flashes on the inside of her eyelids as her family came to visit her motionless body. Sometimes, she found herself in a strange world where nothing felt right, and it was faded and hollow-feeling. When this happened, she could hear her visitors talking to her, but she could never find them and it frustrated her so. These were interesting dreams, bits of the living world seeping into her comatose mind. It was here that the young sleeping girl fought against the confines of her own mind, desperately seeking the voices she could sometimes hear, and it was here that she found herself now, though she had no concept of time.

Soft music could be heard drifting through this hollow world and a familiar voice spoke along with it. Artemis turned her head up to look at the sky, or what would have been the sky if this world was whole, and listened for a moment. She knew the voice, of course, for it was her cousin. Artemis usually felt very distressed when she heard her family talking to her but she did not feel that way right now. It was calming to listen to the music, even if she did not know where the source of it was. She sat with her legs crossed and her elbows on her knees, listening.

<style type="text/css">
.missarough b {font-weight:bold; color:#FFFF90; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.missarough-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:center; }
.missarough p {text-indent:15px; padding:3px 10px; margin:0px;}
.missarough {margin:0 auto; width:340px; background-color:#51432A; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... tumble.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #4A402D; padding: 10px 0px 210px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#B1A8A8; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]