the crowd screamed, “sacrifice the liver!”
[html]
Even at that, it was a good question to be asking. Which one was she more like? For Corona, it was hard to say. For the nearest passer-by, her appearance easily grouped her in with wolves. She had been able to blend in quite well aside from her short stature and roguish build, never once questioned outside of this place about her heritage. Then again, she had grown up in Ahren's care more than Kaena's. “I don't really consider myself to be like either. But I don't think I can really say which one I'm more like.” Saying so would be biased in her mind, though she readily attached Gabriel to Kaena. He had risen in her wake to seize the reigns of Inferni, something that she doubted any of them in Inferni would have challenged. All it often took was bearing the name. But she had little desire to lay claim to either surname and their named glories. “Which do you think I'm most like?”
[/html]
[html]
Their families had lineage attached to their names, old families that had become so twisted no one quite understood who was related to whom anymore. Each time someone claimed another lover, another mate, had another child, everything twisted a little more. The Lykoi family was now part of the Tears family. The de le Poer’s had long ago bound themselves to the Sadria’s. They had more connections then anyone would ever want to admit. “Probably Ahren,” he offered lightly. “You talk the way he does, and you probably act like him too.” Not that Gabriel really knew his father, of course.
[/html]
[html]
Her doubt was sparked easily by his words, but she said nothing of it. Corona felt too detached from reality to feel that she was anything like him, being as indifferent to (or rather, not so accepting of) change. “You're probably right,” she said, almost thoughtfully. But now seemed like more of a good time to change the subject, having almost forgotten why it was that he wanted her to come there in the first place. “Didn't you say that you had someone you wanted me to meet?”
[/html]
[html]
“Yes, Faolin. I actually don’t know where she is right now, though,” he added with a faint grin, shrugging. “Though she’ll probably be back home later tonight, if you’d like to stick around.” It was an easy offer, one not coated with any hidden meaning. He had made his offer to her twice—if she chose to stay in Inferni, he would welcome her. At the same point, he did not believe she would; they had reverted, in such a short time, to the vicious wolf-haters that they had been raised to be.
[/html]
Fade to black with your next post? :3

[html]
Her smile came back to her face, amused with the thought that her own brother had been planning to introduce her to a girl. Corona imagined that he was probably fond of her, if that was the case, and though she had more than likely known of Faolin, she couldn't remember if she had ever met her face to face. His offer was tempting and she debated that momentarily, settling on a decision within a matter of seconds. “And maybe I'll stick around for a little bit. Maybe you can show me the house?” A house was a house was a house, but who knew what he had done to the inside of it. She had only seen it from the outside anyway, and it was, more or less, a good way of killing time.
[/html]
[html]
They began to walk, moving at an easy pace. Along the way they talked more, recalling stories from the years past and idle things of that note. At the house, they did not change this pattern, and spoke on and on of great things that had come, left, and would perhaps come to be.
[/html]