Your heaven is trying everything to keep me out
[html]

Dated sometime before the storm. Mid to late January. Exact date tbd

The colors of the world had been dimmed. Dulled by a whitewash of fog that clung to everything. Obscuring the landscape of golden and brown rolling field of grass broken up by the sparse clusters of trees that could just be seen between fingers of dense fog. Washing out not only the colors but the scents of the world. Leaving the wolf almost completely blind in a land barren and silent. A chill ran up the spine of the two legged canine, bristling the dark guard hairs that ran along her shoulders and neck. Amber audits swiveled, seeking out any sound. Greeted by nothing but eerie silence. The wolf turned, looking around for any means of bearing. In every direction she looked the terrain appeared the same. No trail, no marker. Not even the sun, moon, nor stars to point the way and yet the world was not void of light. "Hello?" She called, ears strained forward in the hopes of a response. "Anyone out there?" She called out louder this time after a few moments of pause. Nothing but the hollow echo of her voice as travelled through the dense fog.

There was nothing.

A golden cream hand hovered over a small blade, strapped to the left thigh of the wolf a she stalked through the land of fog and mist. Each step taken with caution. Eyes straining to pierce the curtain of fog. Even the crunch of grass under her pads seemed muffled. As dulled and dead as the rest of the world. Eventually the slow and cautious pace was abandoned, turning instead to a brisk walk. A jog. Eventually she ran, feet carrying her gracefully over the uneven terrain as fast as they could carry her. She ran til her chest and legs burned. Tongue hanging from her mouth as she panted.

Just a little further.

How long, how far she had ran she did not know. Everything looked the same, there was no way to judge how far she had gone, but it felt as if she had run for hours. Through the thick veil of a fog a large shadow loomed in the distance. The shadow grew, becoming more defined as she ran ever closer. The fog itself seemed to thin, and the world began to feel filled with life again. The shadow in the distance now revealing itself as a cabin, not unlike Anann's own. The heavy scent of wood smoke hung in the air around the cabin. The homestead a patch of lively, vibrant land surrounded by a thick veil of fog.

She knew this place, though she had only seen it in her dreams, as she did now. "Hello?" She called out again, her voice filled with uncertainty. As she looked for anyone before she stuck her head through the door way, taking a look inside. The log walls were lined with book shelves. Books of sizes and bindings filled the walls. The cabin smelled of the old tomes. A musky scent with a slightly sweet quality to it. Looking left and right Anann still saw no one, nor heard any footsteps. Tentatively she stepped inside the dwelling.

Picking up a book from the table that stood in the center of the room, Anann read the spine. A book of agriculture, she flipped through it's pages absently as if she were waiting for something. A sign as to what the purpose was in her being here. Sighing, she set it back down and made her way to the selves, running a clawed finger along the varying spines. "It's been awhile, my daughter." That voice. It was unearthly. Anann spun to face the figure, her hackles bristling at the ghostly chill.

The features of her face were obscure, blurred. Constantly shifting, almost as if it were only a mirage. "M-mother?" It couldn't not be, but who else could it be aside from her own reflection. Who else would share the same hues of gold and amber? Though the elder woman's pelt had dimmed and faded with age and sported a long braided mane as opposed to Anann's short, yet growing mane. She had not had this dream since she was young whelp. The memories of such dreams just beginning return to her. It was this dream that had been waking her at night. "Why am I here? What is the meaning of this?" Anann demanded from the shadowed figure of her ancestors.

"Sit. Stay awhile. We have much to discuss and it took you far longer to get here than I had expected it would." the dream incarnation of her mother spoke, with a bit of a chastising frown and motioning Anann to an old chair that showed more than a lifetime worth of wear. "How do we choose our path, Anann?" The question delivered in a tone that made Anann feel like she was but a pup being schooled once again. "I follow my heart. I do what is best for those I care about most." The ghostly figure nodded, pacing in slow steps. "Yes, and you have done well. You were selfless in your act when you left Tosawi, abandoned all that you knew for the good of those left behind. So that their lives might change for the better. I am proud of you." Anann was left only to watch her back as she spoke facing the fire place to watching flames that gave off no heat. Her mind trying to wrap around the situation and understand the meaning of all this."But what will you do now? Can you abandon all that you love here? To keep it safe. It has already begun, my daughter. You should have known he would never let you just walk away. They will never let you leave without a fight." Has her word came to end the apparition began to fade as well as the hazy world that surrounded them.

Anann jerked awake a she bolted into an upright sitting position from what had been a dead sleep a moment earlier. Her heart hammered in her chest. This time the dream was not forgotten. The words of warning still repeating in her head. Why? Why had she woken up? Why now when there were so many questions she had wanted to ask? And just had had her ancestor meant? Her spine tingled as the hairs along her neck rose in response to the feeling the dream had left her with. All senses on high alert yet slow to adjust to the real world outside of the dream.

For the first gut wrenching seconds Anann had thought herself back in room at Tosawi. The sights and scents of her cabin slow to reassure that she was indeed home. This was home. Cour des Miracles was home. The pace of her heart began to slow though she still could not shrug off the impending feelings the dream had left her with. It had seemed so real. The words still ringing in her mind.

Something shifted in the bed next to her. Nearly startling her until she realized it was only Anatoliy. Umber orbs watched him sleep as the gravity of the question the specter had asked. Her heart sinking with its weight. Could she leave? Leave him? Try as she might Anann could not picture a life for herself beyond this place or without the man laying next to her. She would sacrifice e everything for him. Everything that was hers to give.

<style>
.anann-d21 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.anann-d21 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.anann-d21 b {color:#8394da; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.anann-d21 {background-color:#343b58; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/2939a8g.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:268px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #8394da; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#161925; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.anann-d21-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]