High Speech question!
Ok so i was curious, Ferrets are carnivores and such, but being smaller than domestic cats... could they possibly still be able to learn high speech? I'm unsure of this and I want to make sure before I make any type of plans ^^
I would say it is possible for them to learn it given the range of vocal sounds that ferrets can make, but it would never be completely fluent. Marlowe in Inferni, for example, can speak high-speech and that's mostly because ravens ARE capable of learning to repeat words and even then his dialect is very different from the wolves. So a ferret, in this case, might be able to understand and respond to high-speech, and possibly pick up a few words, but they would probably be more basic one or two word responses based on the noises they can make.
I would hate to argue but if we go by vocals of an animals... then dogs and wolves would not be able to because of their range of sounds and such?
I'm not sure how different the sounds between dogs and wolves would be, actually. << I'm not saying that ferrets CAN'T talk, but they'd probably end up having some sort of dialect that would prevent overall fluency. You'd probably end up with something like someone who can't pronounce a language correctly all the time. Ferrets have a wide range of noises, but not as broad as canines from what I've seen of both. So they'd likely be able to learn over time, but probably not completely clearly, if that makes sense.
Their voices would also be really high and squeaky and adorable probably. Big GrinDDD Hehe.