If it has made you colder
[html]

No worries! <3 We can end here or you can post again; it's up to you! Smile (386)

Tayui wasn’t sure how to believe him when he looked like he was in physical pain. She tried not to recoil. She certain he would misinterpret her concern for something more akin to disgust. She began to frown, but paused in the middle of it. She didn’t know how he would react: honestly, every movement me made seemed to contradict his thoughts or his previous actions. Tayui wasn’t sure what was going on in that head of his, and for a moment, was unsure if she wanted to know. She would have liked to help him, but she felt as though her presence was doing more harm than good. Something she had set must have set him off, but he was either too upset or too polite to say anything about it. She didn’t think it was an issue of politeness, so she believe the former over the latter. She couldn’t believe she had upset him so greatly and felt a strong sense of regret wash over her. She wondered if their relationship would be irreparably damaged because of her stupid words. She was usually more careful, but today – tonight – she had failed to heed her instincts.

She deserved this. She nodded mutely when he concluded, excusing himself for work. She nodded once more, her eyes downcast. She knew she shouldn’t look away, and in an instant, she snapped her head back up to watch him warily.

“Alright,” she said slowly. “Goodbye. Perhaps we will meet again under better circumstances. I hope you do not think ill of me if I say I found this visit to be quite enlightening.” She did know why he would think ill of her, but her own uncertainty urged her to tread lightly. She wished she could have addressed him more politely; perhaps by his title or a formal name, like humans might with surnames. But he had not told her either of these, so she instead resorted to a response so polite it reeked of stoicism. She wasn’t that kind of person anymore, but sometimes, she fell back on old habits.

And with that done, Tayui took a few steps back and then sideways before she moved to turn and leave. Just because she had found their conversation pleasant enough, that did not mean Kesho felt the same way.

<style type="text/css">
.blocky p {text-indent:6%; margin:0;padding:0;}</style>
[/html]