A white light out of the black shadows
Area: Ethereal Eclipse
Time: 8:45 pm
WC: Only 360 T-T

Leon slowly walked along side the stream he had almost fallen into. He shook his head and tried to make himself focus on where he was. He looked left and right, but only saw constant shadows, unable to get either his bearings or the time of day. He shook his head again and sighed. Everything had been going so well today... Until he stumbled down that small ridge. And crossed that brook. Now everything was darkly shaded, with little to no light in most places. He was unsure of how long he had been walking, but he decided it was long enough. He could smell the boundaries of a pack nearby, but could not figure out how close he was. 'Close enough.' He told himself, stopping to lap up some water.

When Leon raised his head, he sat down and starred across the stream into the shadows that lingered there. "I... seem to pick the best times to travel to new areas." He mocked himself as he recalled what time it was when he entered this thick forest. The sun had just been setting when he had taken his short fall, so his only light now was that of the moon. "And brilliant ways to do so..." He mumbled.

Looking up, he could not even see that beautiful orb in the sky, and resignedly looked back to the trees around him. Its not that he minded being in this forest. The thing that bothered him was that he could not find his way. Even this stream seemed to simply circle around and take him deeper into the forest, no matter how long he had followed it.

He laid down then, putting his right side next to the waters edge, and letting his eyes wander around the immediate area, looking for nothing in particular. He wasn't sure how long he would wait here, but he figured he would be fine resting here for as long as he wanted. Laying his head down, he let his right paw hang in the waters gentle current, waiting for something, anything, to save him from his current boredom. "... Where the heck did you go...?"
[html]

WC: 311 OOC: She’s in Lupus form just to be nice to you Big Grin

Amata had much on her mind. Artemis was finally up, and now she was recovering, but Denali was still missing and the new pack member gave her goose bumps. She wanted to voice this out to her mother, but she was the one who had accepted the woman in the first place, so she kept her mouth shut. Amata was also still in turmoil over what had happened to her over the summer. The heartache she still felt was still close and still real, so she was not entirely sure of where she was going, though she was not searching for her adopted brother, she found it useless, if he was going to return he would, if not, she would wish him the best. She knew her mother would miss him dearly but he was at an age where he could successfully hunt. Now she was focused on her own problems. She was following a branch from the river that she’d crossed, and found herself weaving around a small stream. It wasn’t much of anything anymore, though it was water, and though she nearly died the other day trying to save Fia, she still loved the life source. That was when she heard someone speaking her head jerked to where she heard the voice. There near the stream, though it was hard to see, was another wolf.

Who’s there?

She asked harshly, then realizing she wasn’t in her pack lands, she became quite scared for herself, she was vulnerable, and from the smell of the wolf, it was male. She had stopped mid walk, but she was too scared to move, stupid Amata, for thinking too much and going for too much of a walk tonight... she thought to herself. Her fur was on end, and her tail was stock still, she wasn’t going to be noticed with her guard down!

<style type="text/css">
.allifreebei06 b {font-weight:bold; color:#eff2ef; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #3e4642; }
.allifreebei06-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3e4642; text-align:center;}
.allifreebei06 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.allifreebei06 {margin:0 auto; width:480px; background-color:#b3cabd; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ebei06.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px solid #eff2ef; padding: 105px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3e4642; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.allifreebei06-border1 {width:486px; border:1px solid #3e4642; margin:0 auto;}
.allifreebei06-line1 {width:450px; border-bottom:1px dotted #9cafa6; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#00+
[/html]
OOc: Yay for Lupus form! Big Grin

Leon's ears flicked as he heard the harsh voice question his identity. He noticed her only now, as she was approaching him, and felt like biting himself. 'Pay attention moron...' He thought, turning his head in the direction the voice had come from, eyes falling upon a lithe female, who was stopped in place and glaring at him. She was a bright white among the dark shadows cast about the forest, and Leon found his eyes glued to her face. He slowly turned his body towards the female, but laid himself down again, attempting to appear as harmless as possible, though he prepared himself to defend himself from her, or anyone she may have with her.

The girls body posture showed him that she was not comfortable at all with him being here, so, with one ear twitching in every direction, he decided to answer her question first. "I am Leon... Leon ven Liudesys, and I am alone here, just so you know." He said, attempting to make her feel more relaxed. "I was not aware I was trespassing... I had thought that I was still on neutral territory." He explained, trying to sound friendly, though his voice fell back to a monotone after only a few seconds.

When Leon had finished speaking, he let his left paw fall into the water. He was unsure how she would react to him, or what he said, but he hoped she wouldn't try to attack him. He was not afraid of fighting, but only a fool would enjoy the violence. "... I can offer no reason for you to trust me. All I can do is promise I mean you no harm, nor harm to anyone else." He couldn't change his monotone, though he had tried. This female was obviously feeling defensive already, and Leon didn't know what to do to pacify her mood, and so hoped she would be content enough to relax.
[html]

WC: 331 OOC: Silly scared Amata Tongue

Leonard’s words were much more calming that Amata thought. She watched him though, while he spoke and explained. He spoke his name, which was different to her ears, though not something she would scoff at, she didn’t do such things to others. He seemed to want to calm her down too as he spoke of him being the only one. She believed that, she may not be the best of trackers or smartest of hunters, but she had keen eyes ears and smell that did he well enough.

No… you are right, you are not trespassing, you… you just startled me is all.

She said, relaxing a little, letting her tensed body relax a little, though there was no way she would let her guard down. The wolf interested her though, as he spoke of not being able to show her that he was trustworthy, most men spattered about how they would be the most trustworthy of all. This made Amata tilt her head a little. She had experience with loners before, on her healing expedition, though she was still a part of Crimson dreams when she was out learning the ways of healing, she still felt as a loner would as she tended to have to do everything for herself, feed herself, protect herself, and find shelter for herself, which had been something new to her as she’d lived a very nice life as her mother had pampered her and her siblings, which wasn’t bad, but Amata at least knew she was better off than some knowing she could take care of herself if she had to. This man was definitely alone, and from his previous words seemed strained.

My name is Amata… Amata Sadira

She said, at least feeling a slight need to exchange her name for her rudeness. After all she had made him fear that he had been trespassing all along when it was her who had found herself outside of her own home without realizing it.

<style type="text/css">
.allifreebei06 b {font-weight:bold; color:#eff2ef; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #3e4642; }
.allifreebei06-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3e4642; text-align:center;}
.allifreebei06 {margin:0 auto; width:480px; background-color:#b3cabd; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ebei06.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px solid #eff2ef; padding: 105px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3e4642; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.allifreebei06-line1 {width:450px; border-bottom:1px dotted #9cafa6; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#00+
[/html]
OOc: Short post. >_<

Leon watched as the female explained herself, her tense muscles relaxing a little. He felt himself relax as well, and listened to the girl introduce herself. "Amata Sadira." He whispered to himself, memorizing the face and name together. "I apologize again for startling you, I was simply resting. I was 'exploring new areas', so to speak." He explained, allowing his tone to relax a bit, showing warmth there instead of the typical ice. "But what about you? Its a bit late to be going around alone isn't it?" Leon asked, noticing her different colored eyes. 'Hmn. Thats an interesting trait...' He thought to himself.

He didn't expect the girl to answer his question, especially since he was a stranger near her territory. Still, his conscious demanded he ensure Amata was not endangering herself, whether he knew her or not. "I don't want to seem strange, but neutral territories aren't always the safest places to be when alone." He said as nicely as he could manage. He waited patiently for a response, studying Amata's eyes.
[html]

WC: 308 OOC: She’s not angry as opposed to being offended she’s gotta keep a lil dignity XD

I was just taking a walk, my mind got the best of me I suppose.

It was unlikely she would tell the stranger that she had a mind full of worry and sorrow, just the thing he needed to hear. She knew how it was to be out on ones own. She had done it before. She wondered if he thought her some kind of pampered pup, a dog that was taken care of by wolves, that was the impression she was getting from the man, and it was almost confirmed by his next comment. She frowned and bristled a little.

I see, well I can pull my britches on one leg at a time just as I can protect myself from anything out here.

She retorted, yes it was an odd saying, but it was a saying nonetheless. She wanted to fold her arms but being in the form she was her cream body would not allow it, so all she could do was give him an annoyed look.

Which mean’s I’m just as capable of wandering around as you are, so if it’s so dangerous why are YOU out here alone?

Yes… she had an unpleasant side to her, only when she felt she was challenged against something she knew she would be capable of. Did she really look like a simpleton, or was she just so well taken care of that others automatically thought she would lay down submissively? Oh no, she knew better than that, and she got that stubborn streak from her own mother. The only thing that didn’t make her become right out rude was that he didn’t seem to be meaning to be rude himself, not to mention, she would not lower herself too much. She kept her distance, and waited, wondering what kind of excuse he would have for her.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
#00+
[/html]
OOc: I'm so sorry I took so long >_< Too many distractions here.. D:

Hearing Amata's retort, Leon's eyes widened a bit and his mouth hung open slightly, confusion smeared on his scarred face. Followed by her annoyed look, he clapped his jaw shut and swallowed, feeling slightly smaller. But when the frustrated female questioned why he was alone, he felt all his emotions drain, leaving his shell to face the female.

"You really want to know why I am alone...? Than fine. Sit there and listen to this lone wolf's story." He growled, raising himself to a sitting position. He didn't move after he sat up, and starred up at the canopy. "It started when I was about a month old, and still living among my pack, off in the northeast. We were a large pack there, over eighty adults in all, with many young growing in my generation, and ensured that there wasn't any violence on or near our land. As such, we constantly sent messengers to nearby packs, to make sure they were getting enough food, and not being harassed. There was one particularly nasty group of wolves though... They invaded smaller packs territories, and massacred the wolves in those packs. We heard stories from other packs, but the Alphas dismissed it as rumors." He said, his voice still empty of emotion, though his eyes raged with his emotions, anger, and sorrow dominating. "We remained ignorant of their actions, and the Alphas continued sending messengers to the nearby packs every few days. One day, when a messenger to the southern packs didn't return on schedule, the Alphas decided to organize a small search and rescue group of thirty wolves to find out what happened." Then, with a shaky voice, he continued. "My parents and older siblings were chosen to accompany the Alphas, and were with them when the wandering pack crossed our southern border. Our group attempted to get them to leave immediately, and were attacked and almost all of them were killed. The rest of the pack adults rushed to the fight when my brother, Brendan, howled an alert. My pack drove off the Mexican wolves, and that morning, the remaining adults, about fifty now. My and my twin brother, Phoenix, along with many other children, rushed to the area the fight happened in when we couldn't find our family. We found our siblings sitting over our dead parents, who were ripped and torn..." He stopped himself there, choosing to move on. "Me and Phoenix were adopted by a new family, and by our sixth month, we were back to our normal selves. But... Well, the Mexican pack was not through with our pack yet. They came back. This time, though, they reached and attacked our den area. After a few hours, everyone, even us children, were dragged into the fight. Me and Phoenix did our best to stay near each other, but got separated when our sister, Silvia, was butchered by three of the invaders. Brendan, Phoenix, and myself went after those wolves before they could even take two steps. Brendan killed his almost immediately. I wrestled mine down and crushed his throat, though he marked me." Leon paused, indicating the scar on his right shoulder. "Phoenix's opponent ran away, and my twin took chase... After around four hours, many wolves either ran, were to exhausted to fight, or had lost the will to fight. In the end, me and my older brother, Brendan, faced off with the Mexican Alpha. I... I lost my temper." Leon's voice broke once more, his tone holding nothing but sorrow. "I lunged at the Alphas neck... and missed. Now my neck was completely exposed to the Alpha, and he went for it. If it were not for my older brothers quick reaction... I would be dead now. Brendan knocked me aside, leaving himself open, and was bitten on the throat, while I got away with this." He said, pausing again to indicate the three scars over his right eye. "My brother gutted the Alpha with his claws, but was too badly wounded... He didn't make it. The next morning, I awoke and found that what was left of my pack were leaving in small groups of three to four wolves. I searched every where... But never found Phoenix. I left to a pack close to us in the west, and stayed there for a few weeks. I was lost. Alone even among those wolves. Then, I finally found a reason to try for life again. I heard that Phoenix was alive."

After a brief pause, Leon finished his story. "An old friend of my father found me, and told me that Phoenix was headed here, to 'Souls to start a new life. I got here as fast as I could, but haven't been able to find any trace of him at all... That is why I am traveling alone." Leon felt his eyes burning, and blinked rapidly to disperse the tears. With a sigh, he looked down at Amata, face again void of feeling, though he couldn't control his eyes or the sorrow in them. "I hope that answer is sufficient ma'm." He said, again waiting patiently for her response.
[html]

WC: 357 OOC: Lemme know if I did a boo boo at all :3

She listened to his tale, her face slackened and she heard every bit of it. She really only put the question on him to get him back for his own good, but it came back and bit her in the butt. The scars were not visible in the lighting, though Amata didn’t doubt there were there. And she was quiet after he finished. The only way he could know she was there was to see her and smell her which she had no doubts he could do. She was tossing the words around in her mind. She felt horrible for him, to feel such a great sense of loss. To lose a whole family like that…

My apologies, though it is not always good to assume one is incapable of taking care of themselves. I am sorry for your losses, it hurts my heart to hear about the death of your family.

And by family she meant pack, as she thought of hers as just one big family. She seemed to have misjudged him slightly, though she would probably not trust him, he did seem quite alone. It didn’t seem like he needed to be alone either. Nor the type that should, not because he was not a good loner, but because he looked like that of a pack wolf.

I do not think we have experienced such a loss. Crimson dreams, we are always united, but never have any of our children been forced to fight, I have only had a few scuffles myself, but this does not mean you need to be alone forever does it? I mean, your brother is here, unless he takes a boat or crosses the mountains, he will remain here, so why stay alone?

She asked, it was just some sort of common sense to her, but then, he’d been hurt, and she knew about mental pain… after all that was why she could be her bouncy self around any female, but become hard as stone when a strange male comes into the picture. She did not like being caught unawares twice, was this how he was feeling too?

<style type="text/css">
</style>
#00+
[/html]
OOc: Booboo! D: lol, I think its all good. ^^

Leon looked down for a second as Amata began speaking, then raised his eye once more. Had just wandered into his life, and he dumped this on her... "I'm sorry Amata... I never meant to seem like I thought you incapable of taking care of yourself. I myself started off alone at six months. I will never under estimate another wolf's ability to take care of them self. I was simply curious of what a pack wolf was doing alone at this time of night, but I'll leave it at that. Your business is your own, and I am just a strange wolf near your borders." He said, his monotone there, but the previous ice gone from it. She was not trying to be rude, just as he was not. She simply defended her dignity, as any wolf would. Leon sighed, and his tensed muscles again relaxed. He starred down into the pool, eyes defocussing as the female continued.

When she asked why he was alone, Leon starred into her eyes, glancing between the different colors. "I... Don't choose to be alone. There is no where for me to return to. And I haven't found my brother. No one I've asked has seen him, so I'm close to accepting that he is dead... If I had a home, believe me, I would be there. But I've been alone for two months, and there hasn't been any sign of Phoenix." He replied, frustration forcing its way onto his facial features. He took a deep breath and released it, closing his eyes. "So... Will you tell me of Crimson Dreams?" Leon requested, sincerely curious of the females pack. He still hadn't learned of all the packs in this area, and wanted to find out as much as possible, as soon as possible.
[html]

WC: 332 OOC: :3

She didn’t know why but she did feel much better at his apology. Though he was curious, much of her mind was on private matters and she would not divulge them to him. She was glad that they had gotten that part straightened out at least.

I am sorry if I seemed a bit rude myself.

She said. His words hurt her, though her mind was open. He had no place to return to yes, but why not make a new place, and she fiddled with that idea as he spoke, not wanting to interrupt him. He finally ended with asking a little about Crimson Dreams. She couldn’t help but smile.

Crimson Dreams has been my home since I was born. We are like a big family, we help each other out, it’s got fields to run, woods to hunt, even a big lake.

She shuddered at the thought because her recent experience with it was saving one of the pups who’d got caught in the middle of it on a piece of ice.

We’ve got history there, and as far as I’m concerned it’s the best pack around,

She wasn’t going to admit that it was the only pack she had ever stepped foot into… well maybe except for Dahlia, but that was for business and even then she did not see the need to look around.

Why not find your own home? I heard, home is where your heart is, so even loners can have one. I’m sure if you settle in any of the packs, then you might have an easier time finding your brother. You will have a set ground so if he’s heard about you… he knows where to find you.

She would not let him give up on his brother so easy, even if she didn’t know either of them. Never give up on family… ‘Then why have I given up on Denali?’ She thought, her heart aching to see the boy alive and fit.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
#00+
[/html]
OOc: I'm averaging at only 200 words >_<

Leon laughed dryly, not so much at Amata's suggestion, but at his own inability to try and follow the suggestion. "If I could Amata, I would find a place that my 'heart' could call home... But the problem is, I simply don't have one anymore." He rasped, his throat feeling dry. Crouching, he lapped up some water, and focused his thoughts once more. "My heart has been... Absent from my recent adventures. And I don't look to it for answers anymore. There isn't any reason. I... I can't describe to you what losing your pack feels like. But nothing is ever the same. Inside or out. All I feel in my chest, is an aching hole." He pointed out, a grim smile on his face. "But maybe I'm just being dramatic... There is no place that has called to my heart so far. And if Phoenix is still here... Someone will must have seen him."

Leon looked at the female, considering her description of Crimson Dreams. "You must be happy there, considering your smile. Best how?" He asked, dropping his ice tone completely. "But what was with the sudden shudder?" He asked, amused slightly by her reaction. 'I'll find you Phoenix... Eventually.'
[html]

WC: 512 OOC: It’s ok it’s about quality not quantity *hides her wordcount*

Amata’s heart clenched a little at the mention of him not having a heart. It saddened her to think that he could not feel love or a desire for something, but she truly couldn’t believe it, from a mental standpoint she knew that what he had experienced was very traumatizing for the young man. That he could not be happy… she thought… if he found his brother he could be happy, but how would he find him if he hadn’t yet?

I cannot come close to imagining the pain you have gone through. My own sister was in a coma for many weeks, and it felt like we would lose her, to think if one wolf could do that how and entire family… and entire pack could manage it as well…I cannot simply believe that you have lost your ability to want anymore. I am sure there is a hint of caring in there or you would not be talking to me anymore.

Amata stated. This was her thoughts though, he could crush them in a second if he wanted to. He could hear from his tone that he had dropped his own guard again, his voice acted of a will of a wolf who was curious, this was evidence that he was not entirely lost. She couldn’t help but smile sheepishly, pulling herself into a sitting position, letting her tail wrap around her body. The thought of that day was just… cold.

I actually had to take a swim to save one of the pups that had found her way into the middle of the lake a few days ago… It was not entirely pleasant to say the least. But I think my pack is the best because… well I don’t know really, it’s so hard to explain. It’s one of those things where you have to believe it.

Amata said, her body still remembering the day suddently felt like it was way too cold to be outside now, that was when an idea struck her, as he was a curious wolf he was one who had not so much as tried flirting with her since she came into view. It was not something she was use to, but it was considerably welcome. Her heterochromic eyes looked at the male.

You still could use a place to stay. Even if you can’t find your brother, who’s to say he’s not still alive? And if he’s alive, maybe he’s making his own life for himself… You can always continue your search for him, but why not join a pack? Even my pack is welcome for strangers who wish for a place to call home, even if they say they have no heart.

She didn’t want to directly tell him that she wished for him to join Crimson Dreams, that was absurd and she had to scoff at herself for the thought in the process, but it was a hint letting him know he would be welcome into their pack. Her mother and Anu were good about newcomers and everyone enjoyed them.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
#00+
[/html]
OOc: I can see that. >O< lol, I did better this time
WC: 400

With the thought of his brother heavy on his mind, Leon considered Amata assessment. She was correct... He had a heart if he cared about anything... But how much he had to wonder? So far the only thing that kept his body moving was the desire to discover the location and status of his brother. But what then? What would he do once he had nothing left to move towards? "I'll give you that one Amata. I have no counter to it." He offered the female. "Your sister... Has she fully recovered? If you don't mind me asking?"

He watched curiously as she curled her tail around her body, and listened carefully to her explanation. When she said she couldn't explain why she had called her pack the best around, but Leon believed he understood well enough. She was happy. This area was her home, a place where she was free to do as she wished, and feel safe. Or, thats what he inferred. He had felt the same at his old home, and believed nothing in the world would be able to hurt his family. His thoughts did not wander down that path again however. Instead, he watched the female shiver slightly. His ears twitched, his own body not feeling too cold.

What Amata said next, however, made Leon's mind turn over for a few seconds. He could join a new pack... Maybe. Perhaps it was time to find a home. And as she said, he could always continue to search, but with a place to come back to and rest in comfort. He looked into the females eye and carefully read anything he could. Unless he was mistaken, this wolf had subtly invited him to attempt to join her pack... After a few seconds, he stood up and looked down. With a deep breath to steady his legs, Leon looked again to the different colored eyes. "Amata Sadira... If you will allow, I would like a chance to join your pack. I have not lived among wolves for a few months... So my manners may be less than exceptional." He added in a joking manner. "Though I promise to try my best to abide by pack law." He decided to include, knowing that he was getting lucky in having someone he at least knew the name of in the pack before joining, and not wanting to upset her.
[html]

WC:352 OOC: We could possibly end this here, and you can have a joining thread in CD :3 he may be a few days late, but possibly be due to being unsure about joining again or something? Up to you! Big Grin

Amata could see he was thinking and hard, so she kept quiet the whole time. She was glad that he would accept that he did have some of a heart in any case.

My sister still recovers. She has been asleep for nearly a month, she has to gain her strength back and everything, it’s like she was just born except she couldn’t even barely move the first day… it was heartbreaking to see her so close to death, but she should be fine now.

Amata said. It had been such a long ordeal, she’d had to do things to her sister to keep her alive that her sister probably would have about her. She would not say anything to her sister unless she was asked, it was best to keep quiet about some things. She waited for his answer to the pack question, and when she got it she smiled, though that faded slightly.

I’m afraid I cannot be the one to accept you… you will have to take it up with my mother, or her co leader. They are the ones who can say who stays or not.

Amata said, she was sure he’d be ok to join the pack, he seemed a strong young man, fit to help out around, a good solid hunter was what they did need after all, though there could be other things the young man could do. She didn’t know, but she wouldn’t push her luck. Her tail had uncurled from her and was wagging now.

I have no doubts on you acceptance. If you do really want to join the pack our borders are here, though you may want to wait for a better time to call my mother, she does get grumpy when forced to wake.

She said so excited now, but not showing it. A new member, and she could possibly show the man there was more to living than just looking for someone. It was always nice to know that your blood is still walking around, but to go on a fruitless journey would make one go crazy over time.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
#00+
[/html]