[J]Fallen Comfort and Snow Piles
This is my first character, so help me out please

1. Character NameBig Grinrusus Faolán Aodhfin
2. Character Birthdate (including year):16 Jan, 2009
3. Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci :Luperci Ortus
4. Gender:Male
5. Your e-mail:harvestmoon_wolfpup@hotmail.com
6. A secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M):None, sorry
7. How did you learn/hear about 'Souls?:I was searching online Wolf RPs on Google and I just, came across it.

The snow was haphazardly lain about, like the leaves from the Fall. It squished against each tree, dirt streaking its insides, or even dipped down so low, its sides could become forts, stabilized for battle. It was an uneven wasteland of dirt and snow, piled to its utmost height, and in the middle walked a small wolf with ice embedded in his tawny fur, determined to get to the boarders.

He’d never been one for snow, so wading through mountains of it wasn’t ideal nor easy. It took determination and strength. He had both, but his strength was limited. He could only go on for several more feet, but that’s all he needed. Once he crossed another mountain, paws sinking into its soft embrace before he could pick them out, he saw what he’d been traveling for from the human structures many miles away that had once been his temporary shelter from the storm. He saw the human graveyard, with its occupants skewed about. He frowned as he viewed the Virgin Mary, finally fallen during the harshness of the storm. He had appreciated that statues watchful eye, reminding him of Sorrin and his Pitbulls. Even though it had been hard living with him, he had shared a silent bond with him that he hadn’t found anywhere else, and he often missed this. The Virgin Mary had been like a distant replacement. Every once in a while he’d head down here to stare up at her and her never wavering stare, but now it was gone, and this made him sad.

He straightened up quick, wanting to get this over with. In one swift movement, he gracefully slid over to the falling fence, looking through to the silent land beyond. He swallowed, not quiet sure what to do. He debated going inside. He was fuzzy on the details of packs, but he was pretty sure the boarders had something to do with respect. He finally decided to wait there. As he did, he pawed the ground, getting more and more nervous as time went on, glancing down at his semi-visible tattoos, then at his scar on his paw, old memories floating up to meet him.

Finally, his nerves got the best of him and he lifted his head and howled a long, mournful sounding howl. He alerted all only several miles away that he was here, waiting. He dropped his head and fidgeted nervously, not sure if that was right to do or what to do now.
Hello and welcome to 'Souls! We're so happy to have you here Big Grin I'm Libri! Seems you've gotten mostly anything, though I suggest you add a few lines about your character's general appearance in your profile ^_^ Aside from that, everything looks great!
[html]

The approaching form held rich colours of autumn; of cinnamon and caramel, perhaps even chocolate. These shades were not suited for the sad, crippled shadow of the forthcoming spring. He was made for warmer seasons with soft cores, but the loop would soon bring back life to the world of snow and rain. The young male had heard the call, and as so often, both canines were fortunate with their current location. It did not take long for the Dahlian to execute any great distance between them.

Supiority was part of him as he stepped out from the underbrush and into the open area where the stranger waited obediently by the borders. Lavender eyes studied the other as he spoke. ”You are standing by the borders of Dahlia de Mai. How may I help you?” The Soul male could hear the exhausting altering his gentle tones, but he could not help it. It seemed he had been slowly draining unknown, hidden reserves for so long, and now there was nothing left to support him.

But here he was nevertheless, standing tall before the other. Conor had gradually received the size of his father, though he genuinely believed that his sire’s mental illnesses had died with the man.

<style>
.conorvinter2 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.conorvinter2 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.conorvinter2 b {color:#6a4587; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.conorvinter2 {background-color:#e3def6; background-image:url(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/l ... table1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:70px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #706694; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#534e65; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.conorvinter2-border {width:450px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
Drusus stood behind the bourders, waiting, until the other wolf appeared, making him jump. He backed up a step, his sky blue eyes flickering back and forth. The wind tugged at his black cap of fur relentlessly, leaving the patches of brown alone. That, with his small size, made him seem like a crippled coward, or maybe an enemy, all though he was neither, just nervious. With a hestitant breath, he answered back to the tall wolf, one that seemed to have an air of power around him that scared Drusus, like maybe he was anything like the Lords Of Darkness, though he knew that wasn't true, because the wolf spoke in gentle tones. That was unlike power hungry killers, of course.

"I, um. I wish to join your pack." He answered, barely above a whisper. His voice shook. He wanted to get this right but he felt he could do better, owing this to the Mahuras and all they taught him. So he tucked his tail between his legs and lowered his ears, the releif instantanious. It felt so much better this way. He looked down to the ground and swallowed, hoping this wouldn't be taken wrong. He hardly had talked to anyone since he came to North America, and it was quite harder then he remembered.
[html]

Lovely hued ears perked as they sought to catch the low tones offered by the stranger. The male seemed to feel slightly out of place, and righteously so, for these were not his lands. Yet. The answer was straight forward, and the lavender eyed male drew a silent breath of relief, for he did not wish to have to dance about in pursuit of an answer. Easy and simple was often the best, and he would soon get to crash into the black pits of unconsciousness, though he knew that he would not find rest there. The stranger seemed to know the act, and the pack wolf saw and approved.

”I am Conor Soul, alpha of these lands,” The autumn shaded wolf revealed, letting the other know straight away that he had met the right individual. ”Who are you and what can you offer us?” Dahlia’s numbers had again turned slightly unstable, but it remained strong. Conor’s beliefs still stood firmly, of course, but he did not like the thought of blindly accepting another into his home without knowing at least some basics. A name, where did he come from and what could he do for the pack?

<style>
.conorvinter2 {background-color:#e3def6; background-image:url(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/l ... table1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:70px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #706694; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#534e65; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.conorvinter2-border {width:450px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count 221

Drusus shivered at the wolf’s name. This is the alpha! His head screamed repeatedly before he ground his teeth and silenced it. Shifting the bag on his hip, he answered, eyes still lowered to the snowy ground. My name is Drusus and I am a skilled tree climber. I also know how to handle a bow and a sling deceptively well. Other than that, I have no other skills. At least, this is how he felt, his mind and heart all twisted up inside. He no longer had any pride in himself, nor in anyone else. He had been trampled over too many times.

Swallowing, he shuffled his paws and licked his lips, not daring to look upon the alpha. The last time he did, he had gotten the hooked scar on his ribs and his paw. He remembered the blood, the pain, and falling. He heard the snarls and cortile of wolf laughs as all went dark...He shook this off and straightened up, determined not to be weak in the eyes of an alpha. He perked his ears and waited for the alpha to banish him from the grounds, his body already tensed to run before he could lash out at him. He would get through this with dignity.

<style type="text/css">
.drusstair-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.drusstair b {font-weight:bold; color:#920000; letter-spacing:1px}
.drusstair p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.drusstair {margin:0 auto; background-color:#eeeeee; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/hwwwhv.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 330px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#121111; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:363px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Perhaps the other expected unfair treatment. Tension was vivid, but Conor did not really understand why this was. Perhaps the stranger expected hostility, but the Dahlian would do no such thing. Only once had he behaved cruelly towards a stranger by these lands, and that was when an unknown loner had broken into the territory and fought one of the pack’s members. The loner had escaped with his life even if the autumn shaded man had to admit that perhaps that was a mistake on his behalf. Was he too passive? Saluce had sort of suggested as much, but it was difficult for the alpha to adjust to.

Drusus could climb trees and knew how to handle the bow and the sling. That was much more than nothing, but he reacted when the other male actually spoke these words. Certainly there was more to this male than that. ”Certainly you are somewhat skilled in basic survival?” he commented, though turned it into a question with the rising tones of his tranquil voice. ”Do you know much about pack life?” If Conor had been asked to guess, he would have thought that this wolf not necessarily had been in a group with other canines before, but it would be unfair to assume anything.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Out of Character, Word Count, Etc.

Drusus was shaking harder now. He didn't know what to say. Sure, I guess you could say he had basic survival skills, at least. The Mahuras had made sure of that. His tongue felt heavy and he just wanted to run, but he needed this. Stealing a quick glance at the Virgin Mary for comfert, he said, I know how to keep out of trouble. I know how to sacrifice a deer and how to avoid a bulls horns. I have once trained a wild stallion, and once, assasins could not find me. In all that, I guess you could say I am a good hider. I know not much of pack rules, my family pack being small and...gone after, eleven months. He whined at the end, knowing he could say no more.

He wanted to look up and see the alpha's face, but he not dare. He just let the memories play in his head. Of tourcher and pain, of clawing and hooves. The whinnys of scare horses as they charged. The snort of an angry bull and the wolf laughter that curled it's way it. He was shaking real bad now, panting and his knees wobbling. He couldn't handle this. He couldn't. He tensed up again, ready to turn tail and run...

<style type="text/css">
.drusstair-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.drusstair b {font-weight:bold; color:#920000; letter-spacing:1px}
.drusstair p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.drusstair {margin:0 auto; background-color:#eeeeee; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/hwwwhv.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 330px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#121111; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:363px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

And now so much more was revealed. It was interesting that he knew about sacrifices. It could mean so many things, and the male had to ponder if it was religious sacrifices the other spoke of. There was a multitude of religious beliefs around here, but Conor worshipped no god. Trained a wild stallion as well. Suddenly it was a very promising canine he had standing before him. But why would this young man have to hide from assassins? With every answer rose new questions, hungry to be satisfied. Oh well, this was not the time or place for it. Some would certainly think so, but not this leader. Not today. Saying nothing in response, the Soul man simply nodded.

But why was the other so nervous? It was bad enough to make the autumn hued man somewhat suspicious. ”Is there something wrong?” he wondered, lavender eyes narrowing slightly, casting shadows across the dark half circles under his weary eyes. While the Dahlian canine expressed superiority in his stance, he did not intent to come off as a possible hostile host.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

occgoodnessss

Drusus swallowed as the leader nodded, his muscles not relaxing a bit. He shifted his weight again to move the bag up to his ribs. Ready to run, he thought this would be over soon, but when he asked if there was something wrong, he froze, swallowing forcefully again. He wanted to say plenty was wrong. That he'd never been accepted to a good pack before and this could be his only chance, yet he didn’t know if he would lash out at him to shoo him away. That he knew he would brush him off like a dust mite clinging to your fur. That he didn’t want to leave, yet he was afraid for his life always now. Instead, all he said was, No. Nothing. He rolled back his shoulders, straightened out his stance and relaxed a bit by force, yet he was still wary and his muscles still tensed.

He wasn't sure was this male would do about his obvious lying. He hoped he would leave it be, but thought maybe he'd be punished. You could never know these details. One minute they could be gentle and kind, the next, blood thirsty and killer. They could be cult worthy or even just evil, and very, very smart. The superior air around the Alpha would not fade, as he knew it wouldn't, and he shook slightly again. He remembered the other alphas of his time and now he wanted to curl up and die. This wasn't worth this agony.

<style type="text/css">
.Drususfreebe01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#adacad; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #4c4c58; }
.Drususfreebe01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#666666; text-align:right;}
.Drususfreebe01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.Drususfreebe01 {margin:0 auto; width:480px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... able02.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px solid #666666; padding: 115px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#666666; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.Drususfreebe01-border1 {width:486px; border:1px solid #1B1B1B; margin:0 auto;}
.Drususfreebe01-line1 {width:450px; border-bottom:1px solid #313131; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#00+
[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Congratulations! You've been accepted into the craziest bunch of roleplayers on the vast Internet! Please remember to make your first In Character post within five days.

Not sure where or how to start roleplaying? You can check the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for a list of open threads, as well as tons of people looking to plot out adventures with your new character! You can also start your own thread and see what kinds of interesting characters turn up for you. If you haven't already, please update your profile with detailed information on your character -- it'll help others get a feel for him/her, which in turn will help generate thread ideas.

You can also start doing other cool things like:

• Earning Word of the Day points, which can get you custom titles and even icons!
  • Fulling requirements for the Catacombs, our IC and OOC achievement system.
  • Participate in general chats and discussions in OOC Garbage.

You can find general roleplay help and guidelines, as well as a wealth of information on our werewolves and the 'Soulsverse on the RP Guide. Don't feel pressured to read it all at once though! The guide is a huge resource and is meant to be used as a reference for various aspects of the game. If you're feeling lost or confused, don't hesitate to post a question in Roleplay Aides, or to seek out a Mentor.

Thank you, Sie Smile
[html]

It could be many things, and standing on the borders by a potential new home was not a please where one could feel at ease while the area’s leader stood tall, deciding whether or not if these wishes of belonging could become true. Caramel painted ears fell slightly, though the main’s face remained the same, more or less. How come there were no taunting voice breathing down his neck when others were near. The male knew enough of the human research to know that hearing voices was never really a good thing. But one could always deny the truth and postpone important decisions. Conor clung to his hope, but it was thinning out.

”All right, then,” he said, allowing the reason for the other male’s tension to remain unsolved. He did not want to let it go quite as easy as that, but he needed to get this over and done with and get some rest. ”You will be given the Subordinate rank for now, and if you prove yourself useful, you will quickly rise in the hierarchy.” But some never stuck around despite the needs they had expressed by the borders and the promises they had made to the pack. Faith was an important thing though, and the male put it in every new face he met until he had solid reason to withdraw it.

”In the centre of the territory there’s a town where the majority of us live. You can find accommodation there or anywhere else. This is your home now, so you have the freedom to settle whenever you choose,” Muscles tugged and prolonged the leader’s smile, but it was somewhat strained, though not a fake either. ”Now you must excuse me, for I have matters to attend to,” he revealed, swinging his white tipped tail and offering Drusus a dip of his creamy muzzle in departure.

<style>
</style>[/html]