Shanta Wanagi Joining
Name: Shanta Wanagi (Shanta)
Character Birthdate (including year): May 9, 2009
Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Luperci Ortus
Species: Eastern Timber Wolf (Canis lupus lycaon ortus)
Currently played characters: none
How you found 'Souls: My brother has an account and is on as much as possible, so I thought I would join, too.
Initial post:

Shanta Wanagi woke quickly after a quick nap. She had planned the whole night out, step-by-step, what she would do if anything bad happened. She got to her paws, still in her lupus form, and transformed into her Optime form. In her month of observing the AniWaya pack, she took note that most of the members stayed in their Optime forms, so she had decided to stay in that form. Making sure her braids were smooth and she appeared proper, she walked to the edge of the border. She let out a summoning howl, nothing that proposed that she was important, no hint of authority in her howl.

Shanta stayed standing and waited patiently. She constantly checked her fur and braids making sure she was clean and not a hair was out of place. She smoothed the places with her tattoos so that they looked smooth. Shanta prepared herself to drop down to her knees. She kept her head up though, her usual proud and strong aura up, her eyes flickered around her. She made sure she didn't get to close to the border. Shanta waited patiently and a bit nervous.
[html]

WC:268 OOC: Hello and welcome to AniWaya!

Lili heard the call, and she figured she’d get right on it. She had been taking over greeting those that call due to Dawali's injured leg and her mate had always been quite busy trying to get meals for everyone’s bellies. She was having less of a hard time now that the foal was getting much healthier. She wasted no time in getting Grace and heading out to the borders where the call had come from. The dark mix breed let the horse trot through the forest, not in a big hurry to get there, nor was she trying to take her time. Soon she came upon the fence that bordered their lands and found the female right away. Dismounting her horse she came with a smile on her face.

Hello, my name is Liliana Utina and you are at the borders of AniWaya, is there anything I can help you with?

She asked, patting her chestnut mare’s neck in reassurance. The horse was accustomed to different wolves but Liliana knew that she was still a wild horse and she still had instincts. So she knew a familiar touch and reassurance would go a long way for the mare. She looked the female over a little, she was something different to look at, but she was also sizing the woman up, seeing if she had any ill intentions or if she was here on friendly business. Liliana wouldn’t know though, she seemed to be in a submissive position, though that didn’t tell what the woman truly wanted. Liliana wuld have to wait for that from the woman herself.

<style type="text/css">
.LilianaUtina03 b {font-weight:bold; color:#41a2b3; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #bfdfe5; }
.LilianaUtina03-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4f5a5c; text-align:center;}
.LilianaUtina03 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.LilianaUtina03 {margin:0 auto; width:460px; background-color:#bfdfe5; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... tina04.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #41a2b3; padding: 150px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4f5a5c; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.LilianaUtina03-border1 {width:462px; border:2px solid #e3f0f3; margin:0 auto;}
.LilianaUtina03-line1 {width:430px; border-bottom:1px dotted #41a2b3; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#00+
Table by Alli
[/html]
Shanta heard the horse trotting a few minutes before it arrived. She readied herself and her introduction. As the pack member, a female, dismounted and introduced herself, Shanta bowed her head slightly. "Hello, my name is Shanta Wanagi, I am also referred to as Shanta." Shanta said as she dropped to her knees, bowing her head in submission. She kept her ears back and tail low. "I am here with a request of joining your pack." Shanta kept her voice calm. "My family and I moved here from Maine with the intent to join a pack as one. However, my parents have been killed and my only brother has disappeared. I feel that I might be a nice asset to your pack." Her voice had wavered a bit when mentioning her parents and brother, but she centered herself again. She remembered what she was going to say and started, "I am a good hunter and a fair fighter. I have a sense of ones character once I meet them. Also, I feel a connection with animals, as they do to me. I can understand them, or at least translate what they feel. In Maine I had a horse, but I left her to an old friend, hopefully I can get her back one day. Might I say, your mare is beautiful."

Shanta lowered her head to show both that she was finished and that she meant no threat. She relaxed herself as much as possible and awaited the she-wolf's reply to everything she had just said. She held still and hoped she was presenting herself proudly, but submissively. She knew this female was not the Chief/Alpha, but someone with a higher rank nonetheless.
[html]

WC: 203 OOC: What rank path did you want to take by the way?

The last thing Liliana expected to see was someone actually submitting to her… it was strange when the woman got to her knees and before Liliana could protest, the female started speaking. She listened as she told her why she wanted to join the pack, and told her what she could do, iliminating a question Liliana often had to ask.

I see, well we do welcome any and all who can contribute to AniWaya.

Liliana said, slightly hesitantly only because this was possibly the shortest acceptance she probably did in her whole time in Aniwaya.

I would welcome you to AniWaya, you could make a very nice addition to the pack.

Liliana said, giving the woman a slight smile. She seemed so timid and yet she seemed to know what she was doing, so Liliana was sure she really wanted in the pack bad enough. Though it wasn’t about how much they wanted in the pack, it was how much they could contribute, a pack was not what it was without its members helping each other out. Liliana thought to herself, so another strong hunter was surely welcome. It meant less hunting for the mixbreed who was never good at it anyway.

<style>
.lili-d06 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.lili-d06 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.lili-d06 b {color:#F6A61C; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.lili-d06 {background-color:#874D0F; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/_liliana.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#271604; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:210px 0px 10px 0px; }
.lili-d06-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
Table by Sie
[/html]
OOC: Probably Animal Care.

Shanta rose gracefully but kept her head lowered. She could tell the female wasn't completely comfortable. "Thank you, ma'am." She smiled lightly and felt more reassured. "I was wondering what types of positions you have that deal with animals? Animals are by far my strong point, though my hunting skills have yet to fail me." Shanta said, not sounding full of herself, just informative.

She looked again at the mare, "How long have you had her?" she asked curiously. The horse seemed uncertain of Shanta. Shanta dipped her head to the mare to show that she was no threat. She had grown up with horses, but she was forced to leave them behind when her family had moved. Shanta had noticed the way Liliana had patted the horse earlier, the horse obviously trusted her and wasn't completely secure around strangers, like most horses. She had also noticed how smoothly Liliana had ridden, "You work with her a lot, yes?"
[html]

WC: 204 OOC: Again welcome to Aniwaya. We should def continue this, but I’m going to have the leader accept you ok? Smile

Liliana felt much better as the young woman rose. She started speaking and Liliana’s ears perked up, was she finally going to have a little help? This pleased the woman very much.

We only really have one job and that’s to take care of and train the animals. I’m the master caretaker here, we do dearly need some help with the growing numbers of animals we have around here.

Liliana said, she was indicating horses as well as other… less welcome animals… like the cows. She let herself not think about the stupid animals and looked up at Shanta’s question. How long had she had Grace? Liliana had no clue! She couldn’t even remember when she had gotten her.

To be honest I don’t know, I got her last summer, that’s all I know really. And yes I work with her all the time, as well as the other horses. I’m their trainer, I teach them how to act in certain situations, like normal riding, or hunting, or even if necessary, war.

She had not however trained war horses. There was no need, AniWaya was too peaceful, who would have a grudge on the pack that did so much for everyone else without question

<style>
.lili-d06 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.lili-d06 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.lili-d06 b {color:#F6A61C; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.lili-d06 {background-color:#874D0F; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/_liliana.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#271604; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:210px 0px 10px 0px; }
.lili-d06-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
Table by Sie
[/html]
OOC: sorry this is going so slow, the time differences are killing xP. Oh, and Marit saw the post, he just told me how Dawali is crippled at the moment and wouldn't be able to come. Also, I'm running out of things to do in this thread XD

Shanta's smile deepened. She thought of the time she would be allowed with the horses and other animals. "Well I do think that would be the job most fitted for me." She was definitely "one with nature", especially since it was just natural instincts, but animals seemed to soothe her. Whatever mood she was in, it could always be brightened by time with animals, as if they took all the pain and problems away. Shanta hoped she would be a great help to Liliana and wouldn't mess up anytime soon. "I grew up with horses and no a bit about riding, not much, just basics."

A thought hit Shanta, she still didn't know any other pack members, let alone the Chief. She did not wish to rush Liliana, but she did want to meet the Chief before it go too late. However, she could listen to Liliana about her duties as Master Caretaker. Instead, she asked her, "So how long have you been an AniWayan?"
Welcome to 'Souls!

Congratulations! You've been accepted into the craziest bunch of roleplayers on the vast Internet! Please remember to make your first In Character post within five days.

Not sure where or how to start roleplaying? You can check the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for a list of open threads, as well as tons of people looking to plot out adventures with your new character! You can also start your own thread and see what kinds of interesting characters turn up for you. If you haven't already, please update your profile with detailed information on your character -- it'll help others get a feel for him/her, which in turn will help generate thread ideas.

You can also start doing other cool things like:

• Earning Word of the Day points, which can get you custom titles and even icons!
  • Fulling requirements for the Catacombs, our IC and OOC achievement system.
  • Participate in general chats and discussions in OOC Garbage.

You can find general roleplay help and guidelines, as well as a wealth of information on our werewolves and the 'Soulsverse on the RP Guide. Don't feel pressured to read it all at once though! The guide is a huge resource and is meant to be used as a reference for various aspects of the game. If you're feeling lost or confused, don't hesitate to post a question in Roleplay Aides, or to seek out a Mentor.