How Can I Fly With Broken Wings?
[html]

Out of Character, Word Count, Etc.

Ookami had been looking for someone that could help him since the storm ended. His back leg had been bothering him and hurting him ever since he was drug from underneath the ruins of Eagle Tower. He had finally stumbled upon a new place. He was at the borders, he was sure of it. The land beyond him smelt of wolves. He didn't know exactly where he was but it was away from Phoenix Valley. He sat down at the edge of the borders. He knew that if he crossed the borders like he had at AniWaya he would not be as lucky as to stumble across a nice wolf. He thought of J'adore and how he had helped him through such a rough patch in his life. He smiled, he was sure that J'adore and him would be good friends if they continued to see eachother.

He lifted his creamy maw to the sky and let out a long and desperate howl. His front leg which was recently injured as well was tucked up against his stomach and his back leg that was hurt was resting. He relaxed himself and tucked his tail between his legs. He flattened his ears. Even if he was not looking to join this pack he still needed to show respect and act submissive to some point. He waited patiently to see if there was someone that resided here that could help his leg.

<style type="text/css">
.ookamiautu-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.ookamiautu b {font-weight:bold; color:#689797; letter-spacing:1px}
.ookamiautu p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.ookamiautu {margin:0 auto; background-color:#24528b; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/2igj9rc.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 230px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#518bba; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #041b2e; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 300 OOC: Amata is in Optime!

Amata had been out taking one of her routine walks thinking of things that had been and would be, her mind rested on nothing in particular, and it was rushing all over the place, so she almost didn’t hear the howl as it came to her. Amata figured, maybe she could get her mind off of all these things if she met someone new, then again another was on her mind that made it reel that she’d met just outside the boarders… well there was only one way to find out. She headed in the direction of the howl. It didn’t take long for her to be in short distance of a wolf who had the same coloring as her and her father. She stepped forward enough to not be rude, but she did not move any closer.

Hello, can I help you?

She asked. She was wary of the newcomer and she had not greeted many who came to the borders. She was a very social creature, but when it came to these things, it was hard, she’d not had the experience because she had been out of her pack lands for so long, well it was best to start learning, she thought to herself. She had no plans of ever leaving this place ever again… well for very long at least. She wondered if she should have introduced herself first, but then thought it was way too late for that, so she would have to wait to see what he wanted. He could see there was something off about his posture, and could see he’d been injured, thought it was not so new it was bleeding. She looked him up and down but as he was sitting it was hard to tell if he had any other injuries.

<style type="text/css">
.amatascape b {font-weight:bold; color:#FBF4D8; letter-spacing:.0px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #9B8B6B; }
.amatascape-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.amatascape p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.amatascape {margin:0 auto; width:464px; background-color:#D1D3BE; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... ascape.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #262115; padding: 10px 0px 240px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#886B37; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Erin

[/html]
Ookami waited for a while until he saw someone beginning to approach. His ears perked up them rolle back. His tail wagged a little, finally! Ookami really hoped that someone would be able to helphis ankle. He watched her carefully she came a little closer then stopped. After that the wolf didn't not take another step forward. She asked what he was doing here. Ookami took a breath, "I came here to see if there was anyone who was skilled in the healing area. I was recently injured and can not figure out what happened to me and I really need some help." He spoke with the same deep kind voice as always with a tinge of desperation added in.

He shuffled his feet and stood up. He let his front paw touch the ground for it wasn't hurting at the moment and he lifted his back leg off the ground, letting it rest. He sighed, when would the pain stop. It wasn't a shooting pain but one that was annoying and ate at his nerves until he became so fed up with the feeling that it came to become sore and start to hurt all over again. It was a cycle he had not been able to rid himself of since the accident. He prayed in his head that someone could help.
[html]<style type="text/css">.amatastar {width: 375px; margin:auto; border: 4px solid white; background-color: #40130e; background-image: url(http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... matatf.jpg); background-position: top center; padding-top: 0px; background-repeat: no-repeat;}.amatastar p {margin-bottom:0px; font-family: georgia; font-size: 11.5px; line-height: 15px; color: #7F5454; text-align: justify;}.amatastar b {color:#8D3232;}</style>

WC:304
OOC: Big Grin

--------

Amata was suddenly interested when he mentioned ne needed assistance with a healer, her tail wagged a little this time and she stepped a little closer. He was injured, but this was not what made her happy… in no way did it make her happy, but it did give her a chance to get her mind off all the bad things that had happened to their pack recently, and most of it came right to her heart, so a distraction like this was far more welcome than one like a stranger wandering the boarder for no good reason.

Yes I’m a healer, If you want I could take a look at you. Where does it hurt?

She asked immediately. Her instincts kicked in and she was in her element here as she thought of the possibilities of what could be wrong with this wolf. She saw that he was supporting his back leg, so that had to have been one of the problems… then she remembered she had not introduced herself… it would be rather un healthy for a patient not to know the name of anyone who was suppose to heal him.

My name is Amata Sadira by the way.

Now she was glad she got out and greeted him, it was a chance to get him from hurting himself any worse and for her to go further in her own medical career. She shouldered off her bag that she kept on her with general supplies to help ailing animals and set it on the ground ready to use if need be. For now she would have to wait for the man to verbally explain what was wrong, though she could easily find out without him saying anything, but that was rude, and she had already been rude enough towards him already.

By Manda
[/html]
[html]

Out of Character, Word Count, Etc.

Ookami smiled gratefully, "Thank you.. My back right ankle. I know its not broken but it has been about 2 weeks since my accident. It was pulled out of the socket but that was fixed, now its just an irritable pain." He looked at his ankle, holding it up off the ground. He looked at her with a smile, hoping she could help. Ookami was getting annoyed with the constant pinching pain that came from there. He wondered what it could be, he had never had an injury like this before. It was weird.

She introduced herself and he smiled, "Ookami, its nice to meet you Amata." He looked at her with a gentle gaze and a small smile. He turned his attention back to his ankle and set it down on the ground, putting no weight on it. He would wait for instructions on what she needed him to do.

<style type="text/css">
.ookamiautu-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.ookamiautu b {font-weight:bold; color:#689797; letter-spacing:1px}
.ookamiautu p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.ookamiautu {margin:0 auto; background-color:#24528b; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/2igj9rc.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 230px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#518bba; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #041b2e; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]<style type="text/css">.amatastar {width: 375px; margin:auto; border: 4px solid white; background-color: #40130e; background-image: url(http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... matatf.jpg); background-position: top center; padding-top: 0px; background-repeat: no-repeat;}.amatastar p {margin-bottom:0px; font-family: georgia; font-size: 11.5px; line-height: 15px; color: #7F5454; text-align: justify;}.amatastar b {color:#8D3232;}</style>

WC:179

--------

She moved over to him as he presented his leg and took a good look at it first, she could spot a little bruising and some swelling in the area. She scrutinized it a little before touching the joint with an expert hand, looking up at him.

Does that hurt?

She asked as she pressed a little harder on it, to see if he had any pain in it. She had an idea of what might be wrong, though she would rather go through the whole prognosis just in case it was something more severe. She moved back again

Ok can you move it towards your body as far as you can?

She asked, she kept her eye on the wounded leg, to wait for him to move it. She wouldn’t have a diagnosis until her questions were answered, but since she had an idea already laid out in her head she knew what he’d have to do, and as active as he seemed to be… she was sure he wouldn’t like it.

By Manda
[/html]
She applyed pressure in an area and he winced slightly, "Yes." He chuckled a bit at his simple answer. She then asked him to move it towards him as far as he could and he did. He stopped when it started to hurt and nodded his head, "There." He waited to see what she would ask of him next, he hoped it wouldn't be something that would strain his ankle too much. Though he knew that she would probably ask of him things that will hurt his ankle so she could gain more perspective on what is going on. He took a deep breath, preparing himself for pain that he was sure was going to come soon.

WC:230

--------

She let the pressure go when he spoke. Her head turning the sound of his voice over as she continued her physical on the man’s leg, thinking of the point where it started hurting him and keeping it right there so she could turn to it when the physical was finish. She watched as he bent his leg to as far as it would go, taking another mental note at how far. It wasn’t very far at all and she frowned.

“If you could try to stand on it? Put as much pressure as you can and try to move forward for me ok?”

She could see his range of motion if he tried walking on it. She knew it was not broken, that was a good enough sign right enough, so she knew he wouldn’t strain it too much more if he walked on it and she examined it. She wished he were optime because she was able to see much better and he could bend his feet easier, but because he wasn’t the only way she could see his foot move was if he walked around. She did have an idea of what was wrong with him, but she just needed to do this one last thing for her and she’d be able to diagnose his symptoms and let him know what he needed to do.

By Manda
[/html]
He nodded his head, "Alright." He put as much pressure as he could on his leg, wincing a bit as it started to hurt and he walked forward, an obvious limp showing. He gritted his teeth but continued to move until she commanded him otherwise. "It is a strange feeling, it doesn't feel like a break or a sprain. It's more of a hmm... pulling feeling." He didn't know how to describe it better than that. He hoped that this woman would figure out what was wrong and hopefully fix it. Hunting and other things wouldn't be so easy with an injury such as this.

It had taken Ookami a long time to recover his strength since his long travels but the snowstorm took it all away. He hoped that after his ankle was healed it wouldn't take another month and a half to recover from it. He hoped also with all his might that it didn't take longer than a month either. He let out a sigh and perked his ears, listing for her next instruction.

WC:215
OOC:What a craptastic post XD sorry ; ;

--------

It didn’t seem good for an active wolf such as she saw him. From what he showed her he’d torn a ligament, she watched as he put weight on his foot awkwardly, and let him stop without a complaint to him. She knew it wasn’t so bad since it could have been worse. He could have broken it, or even lost it. So it made her feel better thinking about those as she gave him his news.

“Well I’m afraid you tore a ligament. Good news is, I don’t think it’s damaged too bad, if you give it lots of rest, elevation and keep a cold compress... or even just the snow, on it you should be up and running again... say two, maybe eight to ten weeks, so if you want the leg to heal, no strenuous work for about that long and it should be healed up nicely. Mind if I wrap it up for you?”

she asked holding up the gauze bandage she had already gotten out as she had a good idea what it would be. She gave him a sad smile, knowing it might just hurt touching him, but in the end it would be reawarding to know that he’ll be able to run again.

By Manda
[/html]
ooc- hehe its all good! Mine have been pretty crappy lately.! I'm just now getting my muse back!(:

He shook his head slightly. He was glad that he finally knew what was the matter with his leg but when she spoke of no vigours work for eight to ten weeks his jaw slighttly dropped open. He couldn't imagen just sitting around doing nothing for that long. Soon the repairs of the damaged buildings in Phoenix Valley would be taking place and Jefferson expected everyone to help. He would help regardless this kind females suggestion. It may strain his ankle and prevent him from ever healing fully but he didn't care. He couldn't sit back and watch others do it without him helping. "Thank you Amata. It's good to finally know what happened. I don't know if I can rest it for that long without some kind of work." He chuckled a bit, "Sure, if you don't mind, wrapping it would be great." He smiled gratefully.

Amata had been very kind to him. He smiled as he put his leg out for her to wrap. He looked at the gauze she held. Would this hurt? He shooed the thought away, if it would help his leg heal he didn't care how bad it hurt. He smiled gently.

WC:218
OOC: We can finish with your post :3

--------

I don’t see why you can’t walk, but I wouldn’t strain yourself, any heavy lifting though... I would suggest not to do, or you could hurt it much more. your legs hold your weight so any extra might hurt them more.

Amata said as she started wrapping his leg to help support him while he headed home.

Keeping some ice on it would be best, I know there’s no shortage of ice for you luckily.

Amata giggled as she wrapped the gauze around his leg. She knew it would hurt him some but more of a discomfort than actual pain, but it would feel secure. She knew because she practiced on herself before, and she’d had many of her own injuries tended to. So she could easily feel what he felt.

There you go I think that will hold. You can take it off when you rest, but if you do move around you should put it on.

She knew full well he wouldn’t listen to her when she told him no vigorous activity, so she hoped he would at least listen to her instructions of using the gauze, which would help prevent too much more damage when he did decide he couldn’t stand resting anymore.

By Manda
[/html]