and if i sold my soul for a bag of gold
[html]
Thread Information
Date: 26 Feb, if okay? :3

Setting: Halifax.

Time: Early afternoon.

Character Form: Starts as Lupus, shifts to Optime.
[/html]

[html]

Word Count → 442 :: Ugh. :| I suck, and this is wayyyy late for SSWM. :\ I'm sorry. ;~~~; If you're not interested anymore, no worries, lemme know and I'll mark it all welcome.

The city was a strange place for Eris to be. She had barely ventured outside of her cave for the past two months; at first, she had been kept in there by choice, tending to her children and raising them. Then, the snow had come, and she had not ventured outside for lack of ability for at least a week. The blizzard itself had been bad enough, but then after that, they had to basically dig themselves out of the cave. At least it had been relatively warm in there with the torches and the small fires -- if it wasn't for that, the sable-shaded woman thought she might have just frozen to death. She could not have imagined staying out in the open up above on the mountain with her children in such weather -- the thought that she could have dug a den for them into the ground itself hardly occurred to the sable-shaded woman.

Now that the weather had warmed some, the hybrid woman felt it was safe to venture to the city. She had not been since before December, before joining Anathema. Though the hybrid had never been a prolific scavenger, she enjoyed picking through the pieces of the dead civilization, finding some of them utterly perplexing and others immensely useful. As Eris was not a craft-maker in the least, most of what she found had to be in an already useful condition. Thankfully, the sable-shaded woman did not have any particular need of anything today. She simply had a want to wander, and so she had left the children in Larkspur's care, traveling in her four-legged form quickly to the city. She did not wish to stay away longer than tonight, after all -- the children would wonder where she had gone.

Upon reaching the outskirts of the city, the Tuyul's pace slowed and she shifted, pausing in forward movement only momentarily to push herself up off the ground. Her bright chartreuse eyes cased the buildings surrounding her, wolfish nose twitching as she went. Much of the ground was still covered in snow, and the smashed-in building fronts were no exception to this. If she wanted to find anything useful, it was likely she would have to find a large enough building that had not been penetrated by the harsh storm. Her tail swung back and forth as she walked, glad to be outside of the caves and outside of the packland. It was not as if she did not like living in Anathema -- on the contrary, she rather enjoyed the pack's company. It had simply been a while since the sable-shaded woman had wandered.

<style>
#eris-spiralhell {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;
background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2011f ... spiral.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; padding:0px 0px 181px 0px; }
#eris-spiralhell .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
#eris-spiralhell .divider {border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
#eris-spiralhell .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
#eris-spiralhell p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
#eris-spiralhell b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Holler =] WC: 307

Halifax was always interesting in Axelle’s eyes. She found that she visited the city more than occasionally. She often found useful things that she probably wouldn’t find anywhere else. For instance, her yellow lighter, or as she known it to be: firebox, that she had recently given away. The firebox worked as if it were brand new, and came in very useful with lighting fires. She missed her yellow firebox, but sometimes you just have to give away you’re favorite items to others. Just so that they could enjoy them too.

Axelle wasn’t looking for anything in particular today. Just maybe a new firebox if she came across one, but really nothing else in particular. She walked in Optime form today, as she did everyday more recently since she had so many bags slung over her shoulders full of stuff. That stuff ranged from books to blankets. Never clothes. She didn’t believe in clothes. She liked to stay as natural as she could being cursed with this human-like form. She passed by a few store fronts, none of which kept her attention for long and all of which were covered in snow inside and out depending on whether the front window was broken or not.

Axelle wasn’t paying much attention to where she was walking as she scanned the store fronts. When she finally did turn to face forward, she almost fell over. There was another walking toward her, and she had no idea what type of greeting this would be. She experienced a lot of first encounters ranging from normal to bad to worse. She hoped this one would be a normal one. The two-toned femme didn’t say anything, but slowed her walk and kept her eyes on the windows, but watched in front of herself from the corner of her eye. This was very awkward.

<style>
.axelle-ktable p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.axelle-ktable b {color:#d54044;}
.axelle-ktable i {color:# E59095; font-style:italic;}
.axelle-ktable-b {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.axelle-ktable-header {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#d54044; text-shadow:#e1c3c4 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:15px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.axelle-ktable-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:none;}
.axelle-ktable {background-color:#ffffff; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#d9a8aa; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:400px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/6171/axelle.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 0px 0px 280px 0px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

The coyote had not expected company on her adventure -- while she was not particularly averse to it, she was surprised by the presence of another. The coyote had nearly forgotten that there were many other packs than Anathema, many other wolves other than the ones she knew. Her chartreuse eyes peered curiously toward the other canine, watching her awkwardness as they approached one another. There was no such thing within Eris, and in fact, the other canine's anxiety had given her a confidence boost. There was nothing to fear here. The two-toned woman was far more anxious about meeting Eris than the other way around, and so the coal-hued female was quite calm regarding the entire matter.

She was not so cruel as to provoke the other canine's anxiety, though the thought did briefly occur to her. Still, rather than mock the other canine, the hybrid woman decided it would be a far more productive venture to actually attempt to make a friend here, Anathema or not. This wasn't a coyote, that was for certain. “Hello there,” she said, her ears pricked forward and her tail wavering in an attempt to emulate friendliness. “You okay?” the hybrid asked, stopping and hesitating any further forward motion. The other canine seemed too nervous to warrant a more direct approach, and so Eris waited for the other canine to come closer. She sniffed the air, attempting to determine what she could by scent alone from the other canine. There was no discernible pack smell to the two-toned woman, and Eris was puzzled by this. That one would choose to live alone had not occurred to the woman.

<style>
.sie-skulltxt {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing:.05px; word-spacing:3px; text-align: left; padding:0px 25px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/8DD1n.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:0px 10px 10px 10px; margin:5px auto; width:515px; }
.sie-skulltxt .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
.sie-skulltxt .tagline .sub {font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; font-style:italic; }
.sie-skulltxt .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal; text-align:right; }
.sie-skulltxt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.sie-skulltxt b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size:14px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
.sie-skulltxt u {text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; font-style:italic; font-variantConfusedmall-caps; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]
=] WC: 214

As they approached one another, she was assured that the other femme didn’t want to kill her. Axelle looked away from the store fronts and into the female’s amazing yellow eyes. She never thought yellow as a exciting color, but these almost made her change her tune. The femme’s coat was black and a little wild looking. By this time, they were close enough for conversation and close enough to kill each other, if that was on the agenda.

Hello…

Are you okay? Of course I’m okay! But she didn’t say that. She looked at the female with a little confusion in her expression, but then nodded. The bags on her shoulders seemed heavier today, and she shifted them around a bit. At this time, they were just filled with crap. Books and blankets. And maybe a lighter she found somewhere that actually still worked. She needed to acquire the knowledge to make potions and medicines, or at least find somewhere to get them. Just in case.

What’s your name?

She couldn’t really think of anything else, but yet she had a million questions for the lady. It might’ve been just the heat of the moment that she asked one so plainly as the name question. Whichever. It was a common conversation starter anyway.

<style>
.axelle-ktable-header {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#d54044; text-shadow:#e1c3c4 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:15px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.axelle-ktable-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:none;}
.axelle-ktable {background-color:#ffffff; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#d9a8aa; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:400px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/6171/axelle.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 0px 0px 280px 0px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 349

It might have been natural for Eris to have feared the she-wolf -- they were, after all, strangers meeting in the neutral lands. The sable-shaded woman had been raised in a distant place, however, and in Eterne, the small city, the streets were well-patrolled and there was little chance of danger. Therefore, the woman met the stranger with less caution than she might have had she been raised in a more wild place. Eterne was no European city in terms of civilization -- they were more or less canines living in caves along the side of a mountain -- but they were more civilized than this place, to be certain.

The other woman returned her greeting, and the chartreuse gaze of the hybrid warmed momentarily, accompanied by a pleasant smile on her sable muzzle. She might not have been so receptive to male company, possessing something of a distrust for some of them, but this woman seemed not to be too great a threat, or none at all as Eris perceived it.

Her strange coloration had caught the coal-shaded Tuyul's attention, in any case -- she seemed split down the middle, two parts to one whole. This fascinated the sable-shaded hybrid, though she was mannered enough not to overtly stare. “Eris Eternity. Yours?” she inquired politely, figuring the canine to have a name to match her appearance. There was some amount of jealousy within the sable-shaded woman, who considered herself quite fetching -- there was nothing epicene in her; she was feminine in nature and had an outward appearance to match this. Her jealousy was therefore only a small amount and so minute she was able to get over it rather easily. They could both be pretty in their own way.

“Come here for anything in particular?” The hybrid noted that the other seemed to be heavily burdened, carrying her very life upon her back, and she wondered if the other canine made her home in these streets. It must not have been an easy life for the woman; Eris could not imagine it would be easy for anyone.

<style>
.sie-grungetxt {font-family:'trebuchet ms', verdana, geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/6Labg.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:0px 10px 10px 10px; margin:5px auto; width:500px; }
.sie-grungetxt .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
.sie-grungetxt .tagline .sub {font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; font-style:italic; }
.sie-grungetxt .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.sie-grungetxt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.sie-grungetxt b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
.sie-grungetxt u {text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; font-style:italic; font-variantConfusedmall-caps; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]
=] WC: 284

The femme’s name matched her look. She looked like an Eris of Eternity. Her coat was black like eternity like falling into a black hole, and falling for the rest of eternity. This thought made Axelle smile slightly. She kept her eyes respectfully upon the female with the same smile painted on her optime lips.

Axelle Napier.

She noticed Eris take an interest in her weird colors. That was fine in her book, everyone had to look twice to make sure they weren’t seeing things. And if they weren’t looking twice, they were trying not to stare. The smile lingered on her lips for the sake of that. She wanted to ask, and now would be the perfect time for it.

Every wolf that I’ve met had taken a special interest in my coat colors.

Whether the femme was going to deny looking at her or not, she just wanted to put the thought out there. She was okay with wolves’ interest because she was quite interested in how she acquired these weird colors herself. The rest of her family had normal wolf colors, or so she remembered. She was the only oddball.

Not really. I just come down here sometimes to clear my head, and sometimes I find things right under my nose that interest me the most when I’m not even looking for them. I try to do this mind clearing often.

Which was true. Usually when she wasn’t looking for anything, she would find a treasure that would make her extremely happy. She doubted she would find something today though, since she was being distracted by another. The magic usually happens when she was totally mindless. Talking required some brain power.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 412 :: Uuuugh delay. Sad I sowry <3

“Nice to meet you,” the hybrid said cordially, enough niceness in her voice. She was wary as always, but this female would be easier for her to trust, being not only a woman but also a Loner. The sable-shaded hybrid did not generally find herself easily trusting anyone -- she had kept her distance from Larkspur upon their first meeting, even, though that was hardly apparent from their current relationship. They shared a home and they had shared blood, mixing their heritage together to create their children. Now, they would raise them together and make them strong.

“Well, it's unique. I don't find it strange or unattractive in the least -- it's quite striking, actually,” the hybrid admitted, a more genuine smile falling across her sable-shaded muzzle. The whitish tips of her teeth showed here, a sharp contrast against her dark fur. “I would be surprised if others found it displeasing,” the hybrid said truthfully. She wondered if Axelle had been mocked for her coloration before -- the woman did not seem particularly sensitive about it, but she had noticed Eris staring, after all, and she had been quick to comment.

The coyote listened to the other woman speaking, nodding her head in understanding. It was good to clear one's head, and this place seemed to work perfectly for that -- there were few canines and creatures that frequented this area, or at least as far as she saw -- the scents of others were relatively old. The city was a large enough place that one could wander for some time while encountering no one, and for that Eris was glad. However, she was not entirely opposed to a traveling partner, either, and her chartreuse eyes regarded the other female for a moment, equivocating silently as to whether or not to ask the other woman.

“Would you like to wander with me for a while? I admit I don't know the city so well, but...” she shrugged, a more nervous smile apparent on her face. “Company would be nice on my end, and maybe we'll find something too big for one of us to move on our own,” she suggested quickly, trying to fling forth a logical reason as to why they would accompany one another so she did not appear quite so lonely and desperate. She was not, truly, shattered by loneliness, but she could use some refreshing conversation and interaction from someone not her own child or Larkspur, after all.

hold us at the center while the spiral unwinds
<style>
.sie-blanktext4 {font-family:'trebuchet ms', verdana, geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/lu2Pu.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:0px 0px 5px 0px; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:5px auto; width:100%; }
.sie-blanktext4 .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
.sie-blanktext4 .tagline {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:center; padding:10px 0px 0px 0px; }
.sie-blanktext4 .tagline .sub {font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; font-style:italic; }
.sie-blanktext4 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.sie-blanktext4 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.sie-blanktext4 b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Its okay =) WC: 208

Axelle’s ears aimed forward listening to Eris’s voice, and paying actual attention to what she was saying. She thought her abnormal coat was lovely, and took an interest to it, as did others, and she wanted a walking partner for a while. Nothing wrong with either of her ideas that were expressed. Axelle nodded and smiled at her proposal. She wouldn’t mind meeting someone new, and actually getting to know them for once. She walked toward Eris and walked with her at her side. She tried to bring up conversation with a question, that had an obvious answer.

So, you’re from Anathema? Do you like living in caves all the time?

It was a stupid question since she could smell the answer on her. She was from Anathema, but the second question didn’t hold an obvious answer. That answer came from opinion, an opinion that Axelle was interested in hearing. Then she noticed something extraordinary. Eris was a coyote, and she didn’t hate Axelle. Didn’t coyotes have a dislike for wolves? She thought to herself with scrunched eyebrows. It seemed they weren’t all on the same page. That was good as of now, since the meeting would probably be a lot more troublesome if Eris hated wolves, too.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 556 :: Big Grin

The sprawl of the city still amazed the sable-shaded woman. She had passed around the edges of some cities on her great trek northward from Eterne, though the woman had taken care to avoid even their tangled and twisted extremities, let alone their hearts. It would have taken her far too long to navigate through those vast and remote places -- they were tall and ominous mountain chains, things to be wandered around if possible. Even this city, where she had spent what she considered a decent amount of time, seemed impossible to navigate -- everything appeared similar, and the disarray and destruction did not help any. The storefronts were demolished or smashed in in many cases, and debris littered the street in most places. Some of it seemed more dangerous -- chunks of stone and metal that did not have an obvious origin, things that made Eris glance nervously skyward to the tops of the buildings, as if contemplating the possibility of concrete rain.

“Yes,” she answered honestly, having no desire to hide her pack origin. She found it less distasteful than Inferni, anyway -- dropping that name or bearing that pack's flag of scent could be particularly dangerous. The coal-shaded hybrid wanted to ask on the other canine's status as a loner, but she hesitated, biting the question back before it hit her tongue. She thought there must be good reason; she had not enjoyed the life of a lone wolf, and as usual, Eris had difficulty considering others' perspectives and the possibility Axelle simply enjoyed life as a lone wolf. Still, Eris wasn't so socially stunted she did not see the rudeness of inquiring directly upon another canine's status; after all, she would have disliked an interrogation as to why she'd chosen Anathema. Even so, she would have had an answer ready, almost scripted -- Anathema was where Larkspur's family was, where Larkspur had wanted the to go. It was now where her children were born, too. The question she had expected did not come yet -- instead, the woman inquired on whether or not she enjoyed the Anathema caves.

“I don't dislike it, but it makes me miss the sun sometimes. When that happens, though, I know I just need to spend some time above ground,” the wolf said, rolling her shoulders in a slow shrug as they continued slowly onward. She did not match the other canine's pace exactly -- instead, she kept just a pace ahead of the other woman and gave her a wide berth, enough so that the difference in pace was not so much as to interfere with their line of sight to one another. It was something of an ingrained courtesy, an unconscious movement by the dark hybrid to make both of them more comfortable. Eris did not so much as realize she was doing this, but it was not as if they needed to walk side by side -- the streets were wide enough.

“You don't live in a pack, right? Why not?” the woman inquired cautiously, emboldened by the other canine's question. It had signified some level of comfort to Eris -- had she misread the flow of conversation, she ran the risk of offending the dual-shaded woman, but she did not think that was a great possibility. At least, she hoped it wasn't.

hold us at the center while the spiral unwinds
<style>
.sie-blanktext4 {font-family:'trebuchet ms', verdana, geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/lu2Pu.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:0px 0px 5px 0px; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:5px auto; width:100%; }
.sie-blanktext4 .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
.sie-blanktext4 .tagline {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:center; padding:10px 0px 0px 0px; }
.sie-blanktext4 .tagline .sub {font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; font-style:italic; }
.sie-blanktext4 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.sie-blanktext4 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.sie-blanktext4 b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
.sie-blanktext4 u{text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; font-style:italic; font-variantConfusedmall-caps;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
=] WC: 280

The two walked with space in between them, and both at different angles of the sidewalk. Axelle didn’t mind walking next to Eris, but she didn’t mind it if Eris wanted to keep a distance, either. Axelle nodded, almost to herself, as the female answered her questions. Axelle looked down at the rocky ground, careful not to step on anything sharp. She did that once and her paw had hurt for weeks. She had stepped on something pointy and clear… She had guessed it came from one of the storefront windows and has been careful ever since. The rocks hurt too sometimes. Especially if they were also pointy.

How come you’re a loner? Its always a careful question from others who are in packs, but to her it was a clear reason. She liked to travel, and in her mind, she would think that one cannot travel so much when they’re in a pack. Were they even allowed out of the pack lands? She didn’t know the first thing about being in a pack; she kind of wanted to experience it already. Carrying all these bags and packs around everywhere she went was getting tiring very fast.

I like to travel, but I’m thinking of joining Anathema soon. I just need to learn about being in a pack a little more first. I haven’t the slightest clue.

Axelle sidestepped to avoid a piece of glass on the ground. The rest of the rocks on the ground didn’t really bother her, but they were very different from the ones in the forests. Harder like the ground in these cities. She looked back up to Eris awaiting the comment she was expecting.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count › 506

a dog among kings with no self control

The shadowy woman had never held much interest for these human cities -- they were places of mystery to her, some new and terrible power that had been destructive beyond its makers wildest imaginations. The previous species, the inhabitants of this dead glass and metal city, had been destroyed by their own technology, their chosen lifestyle -- there was little doubt in the coal-hued woman's mind of that. Ancient magic was not the only sort left in the world -- the humans had found some new magic, something called electricity -- it had given them to the brilliant advances, but it had also wrought their end, too. The half-breed knew nothing of the true history of the world; this was simply what she believed. Much like her, few in Eterne held much interest for old human ways of life -- they scavenged from the wreckage of the previous civilization here and there, and borrowed those technologies they did not believe to be detrimental, but beyond that, Eternians could not be bothered to investigate the true causes of their downfall.

Now, though, the hybrid found she had more use for this human place -- the canines here were more concerned with the past history of the world, and they were more attuned to the technological advances of the previous species. She herself was not so much fascinated by the humans and the remains they'd left on the world, but she did realize now that there were greater uses for some of the things humanity had crafted. The coal-hued woman would not deny herself these things based on the fact that the species that made them died. Her coal-shaded ears twisted in the direction of her companion, and she nodded -- though she did not quite understand the need to travel, she did understand a desire for freedom. It was ingrained in every living creature, or so she thought. There was a strange tickle of something as the other canine announced her possible intent to join a pack, the very pack Eris called home -- was it pleasure at additional companionship or a tingle of pride for her pack?

“I think they'd welcome you in Anathema. I would,” the hybrid said, adding a brusque shrug to the statement, as if to deflect the sentimentality of it. She did not know this canine so well as to be able to determine her entire character as of yet, but thus far, Axelle had shown no indication of anything that would lead Eris to believe she would be unwelcome in Anathema. “It's the first pack I've lived in. The leader, Naniko?” she half-asked, her chartreuse eyes glancing toward Axelle to check for signs of recognition. “She welcomes anyone accepted to the pack as family. I don't know that I'd consider Anathema my family, but I've sure felt as if it's home,” she explained, trying to think of a way to summarize their pack briefly. It was more difficult than she thought, and the silence stretched between the pair of walking canines.

<style>
.eris-selfcontrol {font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:-.5px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; padding:0px 0px 5px 0px; margin:5px auto; width:500px; }
.eris-selfcontrol .inner {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/B8z1q.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; }
.eris-selfcontrol .ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
.eris-selfcontrol .tagline {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:center; padding:10px 0px 5px 0px; }
.eris-selfcontrol .tagline .sub {font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:-1.5px; }
.eris-selfcontrol .tagline em { letter-spacing:1.5px; word-spacing:-.5px;}
.eris-selfcontrol .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.eris-selfcontrol p {text-indent: 45px; margin:0px; padding:5px 15px;}
.eris-selfcontrol b { letter-spacing:.05em;}
.eris-selfcontrol u {text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; font-style:italic; font-variantConfusedmall-caps;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

a little crappy :/

WC: 224

Axelle was pretty much lost in thought when she heard Eris’ voice chime in. She was thinking about what kind of wolf she would be if she were to be in a pack. Would a pack change her? Or would she be able to stay the same as she was now, but just have a permanent place to live? She wanted to keep traveling, and she wondered if her living in a pack would restrict her from doing that… These were all questions she would ask Naniko.

Her head perked up from the clouds it was stuck in. She zeroed in on Eris’ voice, and smiled.

Ah, Naniko. Good friend of mine. Well, she healed me once.

She just figured she’d throw that in. Just to let Eris know she knew Naniko. The healing part was just an extra tidbit. Axelle nodded at Eris’ next statement. A home. What a nice thought. She would definitely have to look into it.

She stopped walking to fast and slowed down enough to be able to window shop through all the broken windows. She’d seen wolves use human clothing, but she wasn’t all into that. It didn’t mean she wasn’t interested in trying, though. She looked through the windows and saw nothing. She continued walking though, only with her head pointed toward the stores nearest to her.

Act speaks thinks
<style type="text/css">
.brain b {font-weight:bold; color:#369ae9; letter-spacing:1.5px;}
.brain .ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.brain i {font-weight:italic; color:#afafaf; letter-spacing:1px;}
.brain p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.brain {margin:1px auto; width:400px; background-color:#ffffff; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/2w7n9dj.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 268px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:left;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count › 399 <3!

a dog among kings with no self control

There had been change within the coal-hued woman, certainly -- she had changed a great deal as a result of living in Anathema. She had begun to learn to hunt and make use of herself, though it was true enough that such advances in her ability to provide had more to do with her children than the existence of a pack. She might have vehemently denied these changes if questioned on them -- still, some deep and secret part of herself would have smiled at the notion that others recognized these changes in her, too. She felt better and stronger than she had in Eterne. Now, she could provide for herself, her children -- such a thing would have been an impossibility just months ago. Of course, Eris was greatly overestimating her own ability to hunt and bring down prey -- if push came to shove and she found herself without a provider once again, she would likely grow just as stick-thin as she had on her journey northward from Eterne.

“I didn't know she was a healer,” the hybrid responded, surprised by this. “To be honest, I don't know her well at all,” the hybrid confessed, rolling her shoulders in a shrug. “But I suppose that's a good thing -- she leaves us alone and she isn't the overbearing leader type,” the hybrid mused, tilting her head thoughtfully. She hadn't experienced a truly controlling leadership, of course, but Naniko seemed to be the most laid-back and easy-going of any leaders she'd lived under. Gabriel was not so involved in the clan's business, but Eris simply could not bring herself to look upon Inferni in a positive light.

The half-breed slowed her pace in accordance with her partner, her yellow-green eyes peering around the smashed storefronts and debris in search of... something, anything. She was not such a good scavenger, and she was not in great need of anything in particular. It was something like hunting, though -- the patience, ambling through the ruins in search of that one perfect target. They seemed to be edging toward the waterfront, and the faint scent of salt and water entered her nose. Gulls and other seabirds vociferated their lonely cries, and they seemed to echo through the emptiness of the city. “They built so much,” she said quietly, shaking her head as she marveled at the increasingly tall buildings surrounding them.

<style>
.eris-selfcontrol {font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:-.5px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; padding:0px 0px 5px 0px; margin:5px auto; width:500px; }
.eris-selfcontrol .inner {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/B8z1q.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; }
.eris-selfcontrol .ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
.eris-selfcontrol .tagline {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:center; padding:10px 0px 5px 0px; }
.eris-selfcontrol .tagline .sub {font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:-1.5px; }
.eris-selfcontrol .tagline em { letter-spacing:1.5px; word-spacing:-.5px;}
.eris-selfcontrol .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.eris-selfcontrol p {text-indent: 45px; margin:0px; padding:5px 15px;}
.eris-selfcontrol b { letter-spacing:.05em;}
.eris-selfcontrol u {text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; font-style:italic; font-variantConfusedmall-caps;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 294

She isn’t. But she did a hell of a good job trying.

Which was true. Naniko did say that she wasn’t a healer, but she managed quite well. Axelle was alive and well right now, so she did something right. Axelle listened to the dark hued half-breed’s words and nodded. What she said was true. Leaders don’t always have to be overbearing to rule. The stronger ones need not to be.

I don’t know her that well either, but I just see it in her that she’s a kind person. And she’s strong.

If Axelle only knew the half of what Naniko went through then she would know just how much stronger she was. So much more than what she thought her to be. Axelle had no idea.

She continued to walk alongside, and she too smelt the salt. She took in a deep breath. She kind of liked the smell of the beach and the ocean. It was something different to her. She was always used to smelling the forest’s smells, but never really the oceans smells. She dreamt about it once, but she was never really sure if it smelled like the one in her dreams. Now she knew, and it was pretty damn close.

I could never understand the humans in this way. Why can’t they just live without these buildings like we do? Or even like the lupercis…

Which was true. She always wondered why they couldn’t just live the simple life that they did. She understood they didn’t have fur to keep them warm during the winter, or teeth and claws to defend themselves, but they made things to keep themselves warm and protect themselves. I guess they just got greedy. Everyone gets greedy after a few good hits.

Act speaks thinks/emphasizes

<style type="text/css">
.brain .ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.brain {margin:1px auto; width:400px; background-color:#ffffff; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/2w7n9dj.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 268px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:left;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count » 367 Lahv your table. :O Could wrap this soon, if you'd like -- I know is an older thread. >D I'm still having a bit of fun with it, but I could use to wrap up old threads, as well -- so it's totally up to you, no obligation either way. ^_^

my road to hell is surely paved

“Ah,” the hybrid said, uncertain as to how to respond to this otherwise -- Naniko had never claimed to be able to heal, and the sable-shaded woman had presumed otherwise. There was no disrespect or dislike in Eris for the Anathema leadership -- Naniko seemed to hold things together well enough, and their numbers were incredibly strong. She had missed out on Inferni's time with thirty-some members, the war-time that had occurred before her grand return here. Perhaps she had been moving north, then.

“I'd agree with that. She hasn't shown me any reason to distrust her leadership, either.” Neither had Gabriel -- in truth, he had probably handled the rat situation with excellent finesse. Eris wouldn't have admitted this, though -- not to Axelle, certainly not to Gabriel himself, and not to anyone else, either. She had been severely beaten over a silly little rat -- it was Halo's fault for caring so much for useless creatures, after all. They could not even defend themselves unless they were in a large group and directed to act by higher intelligence.

Eris had no opinion regarding the ocean; it had never enamored her, nor had it ever frightened her. She didn't particularly enjoy swimming, though she was not so averse to it as to avoid it unnecessarily or excessively. The salt smell was sharp but not entirely unpleasant, and Eris had grown used to the cool coastal breeze during her time in Eterne. Her companion spoke, and Eris listened with interest. She did not speak of or think of humanity very often; it was a rare subject for her to broach, and she considered her words carefully for a moment before responding, allowing the silence to draw between them for a few moments. She didn't consider it an uncomfortable pause in the conversation, though Axelle might have felt differently.

“Weakness, I think,” Eris finally said, rolling her shoulders slightly to indicate she was not certain as to this. “I've seen pictures -- old ones. They were funny-looking, and they looked like prey,” she said, smiling a toothy smile. She might have hunted humans, were there any left to hunt. Their jamborees and cities had long fallen silent, however.

<style>
.eris-chariot {font-family: 'Palatino Linotype', palatino, georgia, serif; font-size: 14px; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; padding:0px 0px 5px 0px; margin:5px auto; width:500px; }
.eris-chariot .inner {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/smrcM.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; }
.eris-chariot .ooc {font-family:verdana, geneva, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; margin:5px auto; width:500px;}
.eris-chariot .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.eris-chariot .tagline {font-family:'Over the Rainbow', arial, serif; font-size:18px; padding:55px 15px 13px 0px; text-align:right;}
.eris-chariot p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 10px;}
.eris-chariot .inner .tagline + p {text-indent:0px;}
.eris-chariot .inner .tagline + p:first-letter{ display:block; margin:5px; float:left; font-size:60px;}
.eris-chariot b {letter-spacing:1px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
.eris-chariot u {text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; font-style:italic; font-variantConfusedmall-caps;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Thank you <3 LOVE your table too =] We can wrap it up with your reply?

WC: 214

Weakness, I think. Axelle nodded slowly. It made sense. The humans didn’t have the built-in weapons most of the other animals did, so they would need something to cover themselves. So, they built huge, stony structures to keep them warm and safe.

…and looked like prey. They were prey, and they knew it. That why they hunted wolves. The humans knew the wolves would kill and eat one of their kind if even given the chance. That’s why the humans made their wolf population dwindle in hopes of protecting themselves from being injured or eaten. Stupid humans… She didn’t like the fact that the humans almost made their kinds extinct. That wasn’t okay with her.

Yeah, I’ve seen some pictures too. They looked nothing like us, and were nothing like us.
Aside from the two females walking and the faint sound of the sea, everything else was quite. There weren’t any birds around in the city today, which was a little strange. There were always birds when she came here. They kept chirping away, but now it was eerily silent. Silent with distant sounds. The sounds were too far away to even be comforting. If she wanted to escape the silence, she would have to run far to reach the sea. It was upsetting.

Act speaks thinks/emphasizes
<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count » 363 ♥ I assumed, rather than making for an awkward "omgz leaving now" type of dialogue, that they would keep walking together for a bit and separate naturally after that? ^^ If you need or would like me to edit, please yemme know, no biggieee. Whenever you've read, as well, you can go and request for this to be archived up <3

We should thread again soooon. Eris would try to recruit Axelle to Salsola! XD Would be funnier if she's already headed over to Anathema at that point. :3 I also figured a "fade out" so to speak would work better than just Eris running off, so... >_> Can just assume they kept babbling about people and how jerky they were, and then went their separate ways. <3 /LONGEST OOC MESSAGE EVAR

my road to hell is surely paved

Eris did not know a terrible lot about these humans -- she had never found herself particularly intrigued by them. They had this world at their every behest; they had bent mother nature to their will and desire, shaping the planet to their needs. The humans had destroyed that power, however -- perhaps that was even the cause of their downfall -- and Eris could only pity them for that. Eterne had been indifferent to humanity and most of their baubles; while they were steadily and slowly adapting to pilfered human technologies, they were slow in the process, and most of "their" innovation had, in fact, been imported from Europe through Barbados anyway.

The hybrid thought there was nothing fungible about Luperci and humans; she did not think the humans would survive in this new world of the Luperci, and she did not think Luperci would have survived in the old, dead world. These ruins were so far and dsitant from all that she knew; there was no wilderness, there were few prey animals that she could see or smell. It was as if the humans had opened up a scar on the earth, building a scab of concrete and metal and structure over the very flesh of the earth. Like all wounds, however, Eris herself could see the signs of recovery around her, the wild and green plants sprouting through cracks in the asphalt, clinging to the sides of buildings as they sought to one day overtake them completely.

“No, they weren't,” she agreed, suddenly feeling quite small in comparison to these impossibly tall buildings. Chartreuse eyes slowly moved away from the skyscrapers, as if she were forcing herself to look away. In truth, she was -- though the buildings were not quite sky-scrapers, they may as well have been to Eris. Impossibly tall, impossibly large, impossibly overbearing. “Luckily, they were,” she said, emphasizing the past tense with a smile that was not altogether free of cruelty. Eris felt no pity for these creatures; it was their end that brought about this new era, the age of Luperci. Were it not for humanity's extinction, such things may not have happened at all.

<style>
.eris-road2hell {font-family: 'Palatino Linotype', palatino, georgia, serif; font-size: 14px; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; padding:0px 0px 5px 0px; margin:5px auto; width:500px; }
.eris-road2hell .inner {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/smrcM.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; }
.eris-road2hell .ooc {font-family:verdana, geneva, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; margin:5px auto; width:500px;}
.eris-road2hell .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.eris-road2hell .tagline {font-family:'Over the Rainbow', arial, serif; font-size:18px; padding:55px 15px 13px 0px; text-align:right;}
.eris-road2hell p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 10px;}
.eris-road2hell .inner .tagline + p {text-indent:0px;}
.eris-road2hell .inner .tagline + p:first-letter{ display:block; margin:5px; float:left; font-size:60px;}
.eris-road2hell b {letter-spacing:1px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
.eris-road2hell u {text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; font-style:italic; font-variantConfusedmall-caps;}
</style>
[/html]