[RO] Attack of the Falling Wood
[html]

OOC: Like the table? First one I've ever made for myself. Big Grin
Darkness claims to have gotten amnesia after a plank fell in an old house he was in and knocked him out. While this didn't actually happen, I thought I'd post what would have happened if it did, for testing purposes and for my own future reference.
Please note that this is backdated to August 2010 and that Darkness is still a regular Lupus.
Used Slade's account by mistake, but at least this isn't official!

There were two things that Darkness was doing during the early hours of dawn: sleeping or poking his nose into places he really shouldn't have been. On the morning of a day in early August, the black wolf happened to be doing a bit of poking around. He had stumbled upon one of those ruined things - houses, he heard they were called - and decided he should do some exploring. He had to rest his weary paws at some point, and this was the perfect opportunity to do so.

He trotted up the steps, which creaked miserably, and pawed on the big wooden door. As soon as his claw touched it, it fell backwards with a huge bang. Darkness flinched, a storm of dust sent into his face. When he looked inside, he saw that the door had gone right through the floor. He cringed; he couldn't see exactly where it had gone, but he didn't want to end up in the same place.

The house seemed like it hadn't been touched for years. The entire place had a damp, musty smell. It wasn't hard to hear rodents scurrying beneath the floorboards if he listened. Anyone in their right mind probably would have fled; of course, Darkness was not "in his right mind" and continued walking around.

Everything was covered in dust. There were a few more doors, which he dared not open. The chairs and small table nearby looked almost as if they were waiting for someone to come back and use them, even though the chair had nearly been torn apart and the table was rotting away ever so slowly. Darkness wondered who had once lived here and why they were no longer around, but those thoughts could wait. In the mean time, he wanted to see as much of this place as he possibly could.

As his eyes swept across the room, he noticed a staircase not far away. The wooden frame around the entrance seemed ready to collapse at any moment, but Darkness forged on ahead. He didn't recall walking, only that he suddenly stood in front of the stairs. It seemed lighter up there, but all he could see were the wooden steps. Darkness put one paw down, and the creaking seemed much louder than usual.

BANG. The last thing he remembered was looking up quickly to see a swiftly-approaching wooden plank before it smacked him in the face and everything went dark.

<style type="text/css">
.darknesscastor-larue b {font-weight:bold; color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:1px; }
.darknesscastor-larue .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.darknesscastor-larue p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.darknesscastor-larue {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/35kirk7.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; padding: 10px 0px 200px 0px; font-family: arial, arial; font-size:12px; color:#e3a300; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]